Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge (9707 Views)

2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje / Buhari Has Plunged Nigerian Economy Into Recession Says Utomi / Ambode Leading Officers To Arrest Traffic Offenders In Ijora (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by channel801(f): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2011
Tragedy struck in Lagos on Monday when a 30-ton trailer plunged from the top of Ijora-7up bridge.

It was reliably gathered that the trailer was heading towards Apapa on top speed when the driver suddenly lost control apparently due to brake failure. All attempts to manouver the heavy duty vehicle proved abortive.

It was a tragic sight as the trailer fell on top of some white-painted commercial vehicles loading passengers. The vehicles are said to be of inter-states category.

Details and more picture if you click here:
http://www.channel801.com/Varieties/photo-tragedy-as-trailer-plunged-from-top-of-ijora-bridge.html

Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Demdem(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
Those pictures are really scary. na wa ooo
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Pukkah: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2011
Some of these truck drivers drive like bats out of hell and flout traffic regulations with impunity. Their drivers are sometimes under-aged and they exceed speed limits within the city while scaring the living daylight out of other road users.

May the dead rest in peace but the relevant government agencies need to address the menace which trucks have become on our roads. This is yet another reason for our refineries to work!!
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by 1759odin(m): 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
subu hana lilahi. May Allah have mercy on us as we go out in search of our daily bread.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by aljharem(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2011
1759odin:

subu hana lilahi. May Allah have mercy on us as we go out in search of our daily bread.

Amin

Allah protect us from the evil one
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
I hope that they survived.

Eyah. Lord have mercy!
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 19, 2011
useless country.

No ambulances or rescue teams in sight .

Pathetic !!!
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by obijack: 9:06am On Oct 19, 2011
@frosbel

I think u are the useless one here.

Did the poster tell u that he was there all through the day to report that there was no rescue efforts there ?

Once una don manage cross over to other countries na so so mis yarn una go do
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by sylve11: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2011
Obijack u and Frosbel get problem b4? undecided undecided cool

@topic, that is quit worth pitying for. God have mercy on us! sad cool
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by norris1980: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2011
wats big deal about what the guy said, is there any security of life in dis country,totally No. the country is upside down full of corrupt peep,buh almighty God will lead us thru.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Noghayin03(m): 9:30am On Oct 19, 2011
@obijack.if u against frosbe's opinion,then u must b empty headed.must d victims die b4 ambulance arrive?n do we even av paramedics in naija?even the hospitals r overcrowded n in poor conditions n doctors r busy 4gettg cotton wool in patients stomach.u no dey watch news?
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Beaf: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2011
obijack:

@frosbel

I think u are the useless one here.

Did the poster tell u that he was there all through the day to report that there was no rescue  efforts there ?

Once una don manage cross over to other countries  na so so mis yarn una go do

There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything Frosbel said. What is the reason why our state govts can't do simple things like run ambulance services. All they can think about is how to collect oil money to enrich themselves.
In the UK where Frosbel lives, ambulance services are run by by the equivalent of local govts (through NHS Trusts).

The country is phucked up indeed, and we better accept it or we will never be able to rebuild it. True federalism with empowered local govts is the way to go.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by born2boink(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2011
God still vexing with Naija
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by obijack: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2011
@Beaf

I agree with all that  u have said except that part of frosbel.  even in the so called advanced countries if incidents or accidents are not reported, emergency services  do not just arrive uninvited.

Did the poster mention in his post that he called emergency services and they did not come ?

We are citizens and it is our right or is it privilege now to complain and criticize our govt when they misdo.

However, I have witnessed in this same Lagos state  Where I called the Lagos State Ambulance Service at the scene of an accident and it took them less than 10 mins to come and  treated the minor injuries free of charge while the seriously wounded were given  first aid  before being taken to the hospital.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by atiku07(m): 9:47am On Oct 19, 2011
@beaf

Gaskiya u lost all the little respect i have for u today how were u so sure dere was no ambulance on sight did u know maybe it was immediately the accident happend that the op took that picture mumu. you r a complete mofo, so quick to discredit a perfoming state governor and always reluctant to castigate a non perfoming retarded president moronic fool  angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Demdem(m): 9:53am On Oct 19, 2011
Tell me where ambulance go pass for here undecided

Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Beaf: 9:53am On Oct 19, 2011
atiku07:

@beaf

Gaskiya u lost all the little respect i have for u today how were u so sure dere was no ambulance on sight did u know maybe it was immediately the accident happend that the op took that picture mumu. you r a complete mofo, so quick to discredit a perfoming state governor and always reluctant to castigate a non perfoming slow president moronic fool  angry angry angry angry angry angry

Be sure of one thing; I don't log into NL looking for respect from your unrefined type that feel raining abuse like animals is a replacement for intelligence.
Run along and carry your foolish quarrel eleswhere, thank you.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by otokx(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2011
Why are motor packs situated under over head bridges in Nigeria?
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Beaf: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2011
obijack:

@Beaf

I agree with all that  u have said except that part of frosbel.  even in the so called advanced countries if incidents or accidents are not reported, emergency services  do not just arrive uninvited.

Did the poster mention in his post that he called emergency services and they did not come ?

We are citizens and it is our right or is it privilege now to complain and criticize our govt when they misdo.

However, I have witnessed in this same Lagos state  Where I called the Lagos State Ambulance Service at the scene of an accident and it took them less than 10 mins to come and  treated the minor injuries free of charge while the seriously wounded were given  first aid  before being taken to the hospital.

That scene does not show any sign of organisation and we must as Nigerians accept the fact that we are entirely lacking in that regard. We call ourselves the giant of Africa, yet many of our tiny neighbours put us to shame organisationally.
Before I go on, this has nothing to do with any state, but is a national malaise that affects us all.

This is an accident scene in SA. There are no people milling around in confusion, instead there is every sign of organisation. That is what we should be striving for and which we can only get by truly empowering local govts with true federalism as is the norm elsewhere. Upside down methods in Nigeria produce upsidedown results:

otokx:

Why are motor packs situated under over head bridges in Nigeria?

Yet another unfortunate sign of our inherent disorganisation.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Demdem(m): 10:06am On Oct 19, 2011
Our Primary problem is PDP. they have been in power for over a decade and nothing to show for it. We need to put an end to this malady cool cool
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Beaf: 10:19am On Oct 19, 2011
Demdem:

Our Primary problem is PDP. they have been in power for over a decade and nothing to show for it. We need to put an end to this malady cool cool

PDP is not ruling in Ijora. The problem of disorganisation is a Nigerian one and it is foolish for anybody to begin pointing fingers at any party, whether ACN or PDP.

The crowd milling around the accident scene and complicating issues are ordinary Nigerians, the people who decided to locate a motorpark underneath that bridge are ordinary Nigerians too, so was the reckless truck driver.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by sandysprax(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2011
Beaf:

That scene does not show any sign of organisation and we must as Nigerians accept the fact that we are entirely lacking in that regard. We call ourselves the giant of Africa, yet many of our tiny neighbours put us to shame organisationally.
Before I go on, this has nothing to do with any state, but is a national malaise that affects us all.

This is an accident scene in SA. There are no people milling around in confusion, instead there is every sign of organisation. That is what we should be striving for and which we can only get by truly empowering local govts with true federalism as is the norm elsewhere. Upside down methods in Nigeria produce upsidedown results:

Yet another unfortunate sign of our inherent disorganisation.

Right on point!!!Total disorder, how did the truck even plunge from the top of the bridge? Where there no barricades as there usually is on every bridge, knowing tht thousands of lives are hustling under tht bridge?
In Nigeria, "temporary action" is usually taken when the worse has hapened, talk of medicine after death.Our government, from local to state to federal have failed us woefully, they dont valus the lives of her citizens.Our legislators are busy making laws on how to stop gay marriage when we have more pressing issues on our hands.Our problems are way too numerous to start listing here. we had better started looking for alternatives.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Demdem(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2011
Beaf:

PDP is not ruling in Ijora. The problem of disorganisation is a Nigerian one and it is foolish for anybody to begin pointing fingers at any party, whether ACN or PDP.

The crowd milling around the accident scene and complicating issues are ordinary Nigerians, the people who decided to locate a motorpark underneath that bridge are ordinary Nigerians too, so was the reckless truck driver.

we have a headship (PDP) for more than a decade whose leadership would have changed a lot of things that will affect for good the minutest person in this nation all around but that wasn't and isnt so. instead this opportunity has and constantly been misused. It will be INSANE for anyone to think otherwise.

Its true ACN has his own faults also but considering the fact that we are not operating a true federal system, i will prefer to lay my blame on the HEAD which is PDP. A focus-less leadership will definitely bring bad followers.

Am not so sure if that park is official becos i know such parks are many in Lagos however individuals are primary responsible for their safety before any other
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Demdem(m): 10:34am On Oct 19, 2011
sandysprax:

Right on point!!!Total disorder, how did the truck even plunge from the top of the bridge? Where there no barricades as there usually is on every bridge, knowing tht thousands of lives are hustling under tht bridge?
In Nigeria, "temporary action" is usually taken when the worse has hapened, talk of medicine after death.Our government, from local to state to federal have failed us woefully, they dont valus the lives of her citizens.Our legislators are busy making laws on how to stop man-lover marriage when we have more pressing issues on our hands.Our problems are way too numerous to start listing here. we had better started looking for alternatives.

Check very well, there are barricades there. i wont be surprise if its a Federal bridge but from the story, the bridge seems not to be the issue here but the driver who seems to be driving an unfit truck
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Kx: 10:34am On Oct 19, 2011
2 bad
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Beaf: 10:50am On Oct 19, 2011
Demdem:

we have a headship (PDP) for more than a decade whose leadership would have changed a lot of things that will affect for good the minutest person in this nation all around but that wasn't and isnt so. instead this opportunity has and constantly been misused. It will be INSANE for anyone to think otherwise.

Its true ACN has his own faults also but considering the fact that we are not operating a true federal system, i will prefer to lay my blame on the HEAD which is PDP. A focus-less leadership will definitely bring bad followers.

Am not so sure if that park is official becos i know such parks are many in Lagos however individuals are primary responsible for their safety before any other  

Dude, shut up! angry
This is not a partisan issue, exept to the small-minded.

@topic
What is it with the Nigerian that we cannot be organised? You only need to take a short trip to Seme border, cross over and you are immediately in a totally different World. Benin is a poor country, but in terms of organisation they are centuries head of us.

It isn't just Benin Republic alone, the story gets progressively worse as you travel to Ghana; even the little roadside mama-put sells from alluminum pots that are washed so clean, they glisten; compare that with our numerous dirty iya akara's, wiping their oily faces with their dirty wrappers and wrapping goods in dirty newspapers harvested from God knows where. Our disorganisation is down to street, household and personal level.

It is the same disorganisation that causes people to beep their horns incessantly (a sound you never hear abroad), slap fellow drivers and ask the legendary; "do you know who I am?" Who gives a phuck who anybody is? We are all flesh and blood.

We are not animals. IMHO, the only reason for the state of affairs we find ourselves in is our upside down "federalism." Empower the local govts, do away with states, bring back regions, enforce resource control and 100% of our problems will go away.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Demdem(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, shut up! angry
This is not a partisan issue, exept to the small-minded.

IDIOTA, wake up from your myopic point of view.
Everything boils down to the right leadership. abegii talk less, we all know our challenges so u dont need to remind us again.  You miss that, then you miss so many other things. why is that so difficult for u to comprehend?
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by pynkspyce: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2011
God help us.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 19, 2011
Almost all the bridges around Ijora 7up area need serious rehabilitation and repair work.
Driving on those bridges,you notice there are large craters and pot holes all along the bridge.This pot holes can cause serious accidents and are a danger to any motorist,no matter the condition of his/her vehicle.
By the way who authorised the establishment of a motor park under this bridge?
I think there is also a big fish market under that bridge-another tragedy awaiting?
Finally the security barriers on that bridge can't stop a bicycle,not to talk of a trailer-they are dilapidated and weak!
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by blacksta(m): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2011
Hope Nobody died

Nigeria needs some serious orientation and it starts from the Head in Abuja - Fact.  Anybody that states otherwise is only trying a bandage a gaping wound.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Orikinla(m): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2011
Same way a Molue bus plunged from the highest Ijora flyover on May 26, 1993 and killed my mother.
May God save us from such accidents.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by mikeywise(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2011
sandysprax:

In Nigeria, "temporary action" is usually taken when the worse has hapened, talk of medicine after death.Our government, from local to state to federal have failed us woefully, they dont valus the lives of her citizens.Our legislators are busy making laws on how to stop man-lover marriage when we have more pressing issues on our hands.Our problems are way too numerous to start listing here. we had better started looking for alternatives.
HOW CAN U COMPARE AN ACCIDENT DAT OCCURED IN TOWN (WHERE ON A NORMAL DAY IS VERY BUSY) AND AN ACCIDENT DAT OCCURED IN AN EXPRESS WAY (WHERE ON A NORMAL DAY,U WONT EVEN FIND PEOPLE USING).WE ARE VERY FAST TO DISCREDIT OURSELVES. WHAT KIND OF ORGANISATION ARE U LOOKING AT?HOW CAN U BE EXPECTING ORGANISATION WEN THE ACCIDENT WAS SERIOUS? I GUESS U MEAN THOSE THAT CAME TO THE ACCIDENT SCENE SHOULD HAVE LINED UP? SMH shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment / Buhari Administration Earned N16.6trn From Oil In Four Years / INEC May Cancel Results From Units Affected By Ballot Box Snatching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.