Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 (48818 Views)

Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria / The 10 Most Expensive Private Jets In The World And Their Owners / 12 States To Experience Flooding – NEMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by lawani: 3:26am On Sep 19, 2023
Inflation is caused by government printing money so it is mire or less uniform but food can be cheaper in some places but your staple food grown nearby will be cheaper for you. Cassava is cheaper in the south. Cost of living is largely determined by rent so we all know which cities are costly to live in. If rent is regulated by government then everything will change to benefit the rural areas starting from the farmers who will have higher purchasing power than they had before. Infact cocoa might end up earning more forex than oil if there is such a change globally
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by donald017: 3:30am On Sep 19, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
Useless agbado analysis. Kwara State wey dem still dey pay 150k for 2 bedroom flat
Dey play where will u get that in the state capital house is cost
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by Jjhunt(m): 4:01am On Sep 19, 2023
Where is abuja
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by KATERINA80: 4:31am On Sep 19, 2023
Why is Akwaibom not on the list?? Then the list is incomplete and inconclusive ooooo
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by KATERINA80: 4:34am On Sep 19, 2023
If my comments can not reflect here then let me not kukuma waste my data nah, money hard abeg
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by ivandragon: 5:13am On Sep 19, 2023
'Pound for pound' Ado-Ekiti is the most expensive state capital in nigeria.

For a state that has almost no economic value or potential, it is damn expensive.

Though that is mainly due to the proliferation of fraudsters, lack of options & concentration of 'poor' facilities in the state capital.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by omokab: 6:26am On Sep 19, 2023
EmekaA125:
Cost of living is high in SW.
So you believe this shit ? What's their measurement? Somebody typing from inside his room from owerri without any basis . living condition in the south east before inflation was high and am sure it will be more higher by now . I worked and stay there for 6 years .
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by jimmyvic(m): 7:05am On Sep 19, 2023
Mtcheeeww.....go and make proper findings OP
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by YeyeGbami: 7:34am On Sep 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Kogi is lonely on the top despite having one of the most fertile agricultural land part of Nigeria.

Meanwhile, food inflation jumped over Ogun state from Lasgidi to Oyo then jumped over Osun state to land in Ondo state before embracing the neighbouring Ekiti, Kwara and Kogi wherei it eventually called home.

Food prices can come down if we each take agriculture seriously. Just make good use of spaces as little as your garden and balcony.

Agbe loba! Lazy youth don't know what they're missing wasting their lives away and time on the social media on entertainment, cyberbullying and nonsense cruise.Check my signature for free stuffs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPLFd7sXfaE?si=qF8Gcs5iNMr-LJgg

✅️

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by tctrills: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Kogi is lonely on the top despite having one of the most fertile agricultural land part of Nigeria.

Meanwhile, food inflation jumped over Ogun state from Lasgidi to Oyo then jumped over Osun state to land in Ondo state before embracing the neighbouring Ekiti, Kwara and Kogi wherei it eventually called home.

Food prices can come down if we each take agriculture seriously. Just make good use of spaces as little as your garden and balcony.

Agbe loba! Lazy youth don't know what they're missing wasting their lives away and time on the social media on entertainment, cyberbullying and nonsense cruise.Check my signature for free stuffs!

I totally disagree with you. We are already taking agriculture way too serious. We already have too many people involved in agriculture. We have more than 3x the number of farmers in US or in the EU.
With less than 5% of it's labour force involved in agriculture, Holland exports over 100 billion dollars of agricultural products.
We don't need more farmers, we need better farmers and clearly we don't have the right policies.
Note, Holland has a smaller land size than Nigeria state.
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by micxwell(m): 8:51am On Sep 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Agbe loba!
Lazy youth don't know what they're missing wasting their lives away and time on the social media on entertainment, cyberbullying and nonsense cruise.Check my signature for free stuffs!

With the way Elon is dishing out cash to folks on the X-App, they are not wasting their time o 🙄
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by FreeStuffsNG: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2023
micxwell:

With the way Elon is dishing out cash to folks on the X-App, they are not wasting their time o 🙄
How much has he dished to you sir?
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by lawani: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2023
tctrills:

I totally disagree with you. We are already taking agriculture way too serious. We already have too many people involved in agriculture. We have more than 3x the number of farmers in US or in the EU.
With less than 5% of it's labour force involved in agriculture, Holland exports over 100 billion dollars of agricultural products.
We don't need more farmers, we need better farmers and clearly we don't have the right policies.
Note, Holland has a smaller land size than Nigeria state.

Holland can not sell one hundred billion dollar food to any country. The figure is too high. It may be things like chocolates and other developed products but not farm produce and anything not farm produce is another sector because you can not count chocolate export with cocoa export
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by tctrills: 10:47am On Sep 19, 2023
lawani:

Holland can not sell one hundred billion dollar food to any country. The figure is too high. It may be things like chocolates and other developed products but not farm produce and anything not farm produce is another sector because you can not count chocolate export with cocoa export

So Holland does not label chocolates as Agricultural products. But then, you have a point, they have higher margins on their products. Still, for agriculture to be successful it must not be labor intensive. Labor-intensive agriculture is actually poor agriculture.

Here are some of Holland's exports for 2022
The main commodity groups in agricultural exports were dairy products and eggs (€ 11.9 bln), floricultural products (€ 11.5 bln), meat (€ 11 bln), drinks (€ 8.1 bln) and natural oils and fats (€ 8.1 bln). These top five accounted for 41% of the total export value in 2022.
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by softy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
Mandate1:
this is not true. I've been to Enugu and stayed for a year. Enugu is cheap to live in. Except in the metropolis, every other place has very cheap accommodation cost With 500 you'll get a gud meal. This doesn't obtain in some states.

You said it is not true The bolded above in ur statement agreed with my first post. Enugu I want you to note that Enugu town is a part of Enugu state.

I gave you a testimony of what we are currently experiencing in Enugu town (what you called metropolis). As I am talking to you, I am very close to Old Park, right now.

Contradicting urself is not nice, bro!

When it comes to accommodation, it is also not cheap and easy in Enugutown (what you referred herein as 'metropolis')

One Room self contain (that is, a room with one toilet, small kitchen was paid for by my friend: Total package was 700K. While rent alone is 500K/year

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by lawani: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
softy:

You said it is not true The bolded above in ur statement agreed with my first post. Enugu I want you to note that Enugu town is a part of Enugu state.

I gave you a testimony of what we are currently experiencing in Enugu town (what you called metropolis). As I am talking to you, I am very close to Old Park, right now.

Contradicting urself is not nice, bro!

When it comes to accommodation, it is also not cheap and easy in Enugutown (what you referred herein as 'metropolis')

One Room self contain (that is, a room with one toilet, small kitchen was paid for by my friend: Total package was 700K. While rent alone is 500K/year

Do you know that a bachelor paying 500k per annum for rent must be earning close to three million naira per annum to pay so much? And that is a bachelor apartment meaning the person is between 25 and 32 earning 3 million per annum in Enugu. How many companies exist in Enugu that can pay that? There will be some but not many as it is around 300k per month for a graduate of around five years
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by Naajjii: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2023
Machinegun91:
Kogi is number because they have nothing to offer apart from evils and wicked doings.

Most of their men are gate men in people's houses while their women are selling akara and akamu on street.

Very wicked people
So if people are gate men and sell akara on the street to survive that made them wicked Abi?
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by softy(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
lawani:

Do you know that a bachelor paying 500k per annum for rent must be earning close to three million naira per annum to pay so much? And that is a bachelor apartment meaning the person is between 25 and 32 earning 3 million per annum in Enugu. How many companies exist in Enugu that can pay that? There will be some but not many as it is around 300k per month for a graduate of around five years

What are you saying in one sentence?
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by lawani: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
tctrills:

So Holland does not label chocolates as Agricultural products. But then, you have a point, they have higher margins on their products. Still, for agriculture to be successful it must not be labor intensive. Labor-intensive agriculture is actually poor agriculture.

Here are some of Holland's exports for 2022
The main commodity groups in agricultural exports were dairy products and eggs (€ 11.9 bln), floricultural products (€ 11.5 bln), meat (€ 11 bln), drinks (€ 8.1 bln) and natural oils and fats (€ 8.1 bln). These top five accounted for 41% of the total export value in 2022.

Yes I agree that no industry should be manual labor intensive. That should be under control as much as possible. Brain use is more important. Every mundane task that can be automated should be automated but Europe produce more per Capita than Nigeria simply because of a lower dependency ratio meaning a higher number of worker per Capita. In Nigeria here it is a higher number of children per Capita but in twenty years it should be different if everything changes and people are not emigrating that much after becoming adults anymore. In Holland, productivity is high and yet mouth to feed is not much so they will be able to export more. They also will be able to produce eggs, milk, dairy products etc cheaper than most because Denmark is the leader or superpower for cheap energy for now. Netherland energy production is at mediocre costs because of wind power especially, of which they are the leader on the globe. No need for batteries and etc or downtime when the sun is down as is the problem with solar. Imagine what that can mean for industry in general. Imagine what it means for poultry farming industry?. In Nigeria a major expense of poultry farmers apart from feed is electrical power. If there are some countries where power has become very cheap, it is starting from Netherlands then other places like Ireland too a country of around five million where hundreds of thousands of homes are powered with wind at mediocre costs. I don't think Nigeria's total export can be more than 100 billion dollars but no data. However forex inflow from other sources should be much more than that and any forex inflow is categorized under export but in Holland they are not doing online fraud, they don't have a huge film industry and remittances will be negligible and there are many remote workers based in Nigeria as well since cost of living is cheap. You can be anywhere and work for google etc. Then Nigeria still has tens of exportable agricultural farm produce not in Netherlands including cocoa coffee cashew palm oil even cassava kolanuts palm kernel shell and etc apart from others that is shared like maybe charcoal but Europe is a net importer of charcoal and there are many people here in Nigeria feeding their family from charcoal export to Europe. Farming is harder in southern Nigeria because animals are not used but going forward tractors can be used especially when oil price crashes but there is a need for government to become serious as all these things are not difficult if there is visionary leadership that are really concerned about the nation gaining parity with the most successful nations regardless of skin color or geographical location. Then high margins don't really exist in any industry that is not a monopoly. Even monopolies do reduce price by themselves. West African produce board of the Western Nigerian government was a monopoly based on an understanding built on trust
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by Tompson88: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Ekiti and Kwara should trade places, both in food and all material hence the stat is not correct because I juggle and live in the two States [quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=125875669][/quote]
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by kwamesd(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
The essence of inflation is robbing the poor to benefit the rich. It harms countless lower-income people while feeding corrupt officials.
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by bigwig071(m): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2023
I no see asaba and edo... wetin abia dey do there!
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by micxwell(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
How much has he dished to you sir?
I have a junior cousin who was paid close to 300k bro. It's actually real.

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by emperor4love(m): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2023
micxwell:

I have a junior cousin who was paid close to 300k bro. It's actually real.
na street level or legit cos I de hear of Elon musk update
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by micxwell(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2023
emperor4love:
na street level or legit cos I de hear of Elon musk update
Legit actually. Many thought it was cruise at first.
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by irisher: 6:15pm On Feb 03
inoki247:
Lol I doubt this thing Kogi, oh Kwara oh food and housing, transportation still over dey cheap for dere pass Lagos wey everything from house rent to food, transportation na die....

Indigenous people and some residence of the above listed inflated States have lower purchasing power, lower interest rates compared to their living expenses, slower economic growth and other negative economic effects.
The fact that you can be able to afford a standard cost of living in Kogi, Kwara and Ekiti doesn't mean that the majority of people living in these state can afford living in a standard 2 bedroom apartment and enjoy a good meal because they have lower purchasing power in respect to their earnings.
Lagos is among the 30 most expensive and inflated cities in the world, that doesn't mean that people from Western countries can't afford the cost of living in Lagos state, but it's just that majority of the residence are living from hand to mouth.
Re: Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 by irisher: 6:20pm On Feb 03
thaoriginator:
Na lie

With 150k job I go survive for Oyo, Kwara, Kogi, and Ondo... infact all the South West states cry

You dey whine?
So where can you secure the 150k monthly job in these state, how accessible are the companies for employment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia’s Team Plane Catches Fire In Mid Air / Missing Russian Couple Found Dead After 12 Years In Their Car At Bottom Of River / 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.