Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration (247 Views)

Bishop Tomé Ferreira da Silva Resigns Over His Masturbation Video / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by ernest2019: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support of Tinubu Administration

A Deeper Life pastor, Ogueze Venitius Chinyerugo, who is the district pastor of Deeper Life Bible Church, 84, Nnobi Road, Nnewi, Anambra State, has resigned on account of the apparent support of the general superintendent and head of the church, William Kumuyi, for the administration of President Bola Tinubu,ANAMBRAPEOPLE reports

Pastor Chinyereugo in a letter stated that the recent comments of Pastor Kumuyi buttress his point that the general overseer is supporting the administration of President Tinubu.

Chinyerugo stated: “I write this note with great burden, bearing in mind its far-reaching spiritual implications. “I feel that our father in the Lord and our general superintendent, Dr WF Kumuyi, have made a costly mistake and there is no way for me to effectively convey my mind to him than resigning as the pastor of the above district, effective from today, the 23rd of August, 2023. My decision was taken after watching the video, which I forwarded to you, where he advised Nigerians to support the government and the ministers, because, according to him, they will perform, especially going by their antecedents.

“Honestly, I was devastated and felt terrible, humiliated and disappointed after watching the clip. For the records, I became born-again on April 10, 1984, as an undergraduate under the Christian Union, and later in that year I joined Deeper Life, after months of searching for a church that reflects the Bible.

“Why not? I could not have left the world only to fool myself and surrender myself again to be deceived. I have not been disappointed since I joined the church. “God has so graciously used the pastor to mould my Christian life and, of course, the life of many others. He has also, by words and conduct, taught us to mind the kingdom business and to refrain from dabbling into political matters. He had exemplified this teaching for several decades by steering clear of political controversies, until lately.

“Most debilitating was his visit in 2019 to the President of Nigeria then, Muhammadu Buhari, at a time when Nigerians, Christians, pagans, Muslims and atheists, were wishing and praying for him to exit. While Nigerians with their short memories are trying to forget that visit blunder to such an insensitive leader, a tribal and religious bigot, our pastor has committed another terrible blunder.

“He has recommended this present administration, in which every detail about the administration is antithetical to the pastors’s preaching. And this is while the presidency is still subject to national and international judicial contests. As a mathematician, I wonder what mathematical principle he used to arrive at that conclusion because my elementary arithmetic taught me that zero multiplied by one trillion amounts to zero. So, on what moral principle would this administration fight corruption? On the past performances and quality of the ministers, I wonder if our pastor knows about Isa Bagudu and many of the former governors.

“Sir, if I do not remove the speck in my very own eyes, then I will be one of the hordes of hypocrites marauding everywhere in Nigeria. I am one of those who vehemently criticise members of Catholic, Anglican and some other Pentecostal churches for not drawing the attention of their own leaders when they go wrong, hence my decision to resign. I am particularly let down by the demeaning comments in the social media space, and, unlike usual, I am silenced to defend him because the comments are correct! He has given the enemies of the Lord the opportunity they are looking for, to talk down on him and, by extension, the church " chinyereugo concluded.

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/2023/09/18/deeper-life-pastor-resigns-over-kumuyis-support-of-tinubu-administration/

Re: Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by Acekidc4(m): 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2023
If you check that Pastor well, you will deduced and see that he is one of the Pitoobi Miscreants we are talking about!!
Re: Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by duro4chang(m): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2023
Mitcheew! Reprobate! Na dibia the man go be last
Re: Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by gratefulheart(m): 9:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
I know he must be one of them 🤣🤣🤣🤣
With you or without you the church is marching on.

ernest2019:
Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support of Tinubu Administration

A Deeper Life pastor, Ogueze Venitius Chinyerugo, who is the district pastor of Deeper Life Bible Church, 84, Nnobi Road, Nnewi, Anambra State, has resigned on account of the apparent support of the general superintendent and head of the church, William Kumuyi, for the administration of President Bola Tinubu,ANAMBRAPEOPLE reports

Pastor Chinyereugo in a letter stated that the recent comments of Pastor Kumuyi buttress his point that the general overseer is supporting the administration of President Tinubu.

Chinyerugo stated: “I write this note with great burden, bearing in mind its far-reaching spiritual implications. “I feel that our father in the Lord and our general superintendent, Dr WF Kumuyi, have made a costly mistake and there is no way for me to effectively convey my mind to him than resigning as the pastor of the above district, effective from today, the 23rd of August, 2023. My decision was taken after watching the video, which I forwarded to you, where he advised Nigerians to support the government and the ministers, because, according to him, they will perform, especially going by their antecedents.

“Honestly, I was devastated and felt terrible, humiliated and disappointed after watching the clip. For the records, I became born-again on April 10, 1984, as an undergraduate under the Christian Union, and later in that year I joined Deeper Life, after months of searching for a church that reflects the Bible.

“Why not? I could not have left the world only to fool myself and surrender myself again to be deceived. I have not been disappointed since I joined the church. “God has so graciously used the pastor to mould my Christian life and, of course, the life of many others. He has also, by words and conduct, taught us to mind the kingdom business and to refrain from dabbling into political matters. He had exemplified this teaching for several decades by steering clear of political controversies, until lately.

“Most debilitating was his visit in 2019 to the President of Nigeria then, Muhammadu Buhari, at a time when Nigerians, Christians, pagans, Muslims and atheists, were wishing and praying for him to exit. While Nigerians with their short memories are trying to forget that visit blunder to such an insensitive leader, a tribal and religious bigot, our pastor has committed another terrible blunder.

“He has recommended this present administration, in which every detail about the administration is antithetical to the pastors’s preaching. And this is while the presidency is still subject to national and international judicial contests. As a mathematician, I wonder what mathematical principle he used to arrive at that conclusion because my elementary arithmetic taught me that zero multiplied by one trillion amounts to zero. So, on what moral principle would this administration fight corruption? On the past performances and quality of the ministers, I wonder if our pastor knows about Isa Bagudu and many of the former governors.

“Sir, if I do not remove the speck in my very own eyes, then I will be one of the hordes of hypocrites marauding everywhere in Nigeria. I am one of those who vehemently criticise members of Catholic, Anglican and some other Pentecostal churches for not drawing the attention of their own leaders when they go wrong, hence my decision to resign. I am particularly let down by the demeaning comments in the social media space, and, unlike usual, I am silenced to defend him because the comments are correct! He has given the enemies of the Lord the opportunity they are looking for, to talk down on him and, by extension, the church " chinyereugo concluded.

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/2023/09/18/deeper-life-pastor-resigns-over-kumuyis-support-of-tinubu-administration/
Re: Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by izonborn098(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
Re: Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by Xscape1993(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
God is still God and He decides the affairs of men and not any president. Everything will give full account to God one day.
Re: Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by b3llo(m): 2:46am On Sep 19, 2023
Only an LP fanatic can do this.
Re: Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by MrsTwrite(f): 6:44am On Sep 19, 2023
Good for him. Life goes on.
Re: Deeper Life Pastor Resigns Over Kumuyi’s Support Of Tinubu Administration by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:02am On Sep 19, 2023
Like all other business owners within Nigeria today Mr Kumuyi only wanted to secure a fine standing with the ruling party otherwise he may begin to have serious issues with those in high places that's exactly what gave the other businessman in alagbado a heart attack and eventually led to his death.
So Mr Kumuyi is only playing safe! undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Robots & AI Will Soon Try To Take Over From Humans Like Satan Tried To In Heaven / You’re Not A Christian If You Are A Lover Of Perfumes- Nigerian Priestess Says / 6th And 7th Books Of Moses Original .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.