Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Former Niger State Governor Follows Senator Gbenga Daniel Suspends Pension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Niger State Governor Follows Senator Gbenga Daniel Suspends Pension (236 Views)

2023: Former Niger State Rep Member, Supporters Dump APC / Senator Gbenga Aluko Slumps, Dies In Abuja / PDP Suspends Former Niger Governor, Babangida Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Niger State Governor Follows Senator Gbenga Daniel Suspends Pension by bestofnollywood: 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello, the immediate-past Governor of Niger State, has chosen to forfeit his pensions during his tenure as a senator, following the precedent set by former Ogun State Governor Otunba Gbenga Daniel (OGD). OGD, in a remarkable display of integrity, was the first former governor to suspend his benefits for his Senate service.

Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello served as the Governor of Niger State for two terms, from 2015 to 2023, before being elected as the senator representing Niger North senatorial district in the National Assembly on February 25.

In a letter personally signed by Bello and dated September 6, 2023, addressed to the state Governor, Alhaji Mohammadu Umaru Bago, and widely circulated on social media platforms, he stated: "I write to request the suspension of my pension and allowances from the government of Niger State for the duration of my service as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Your Excellency would recall that I was inaugurated as a senator representing Niger North in the Senate on June 13, 2023. I deem it ethically and morally improper to benefit from my pension and allowances as the former governor while I take emoluments as a senator. The suspension should last until I give notice to the contrary after my service as a senator."

Upon inquiry, Ms. Aisha Wakaso, the Special Adviser to Governor Bago on Print Media, confirmed the receipt of the letter from the former governor.

Source:

https://applesbite.com/former-niger-state-governor-follows-senator-gbenga-daniel-suspends-pension-and-benefits-as-ex-governor/

Re: Former Niger State Governor Follows Senator Gbenga Daniel Suspends Pension by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2023
😳
Re: Former Niger State Governor Follows Senator Gbenga Daniel Suspends Pension by Hezzyluv: 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2023
Even if you chose to forfeit the pension till your demise, It will not changed the fact that you would never be poor again till you bidthe world farewell as a result of money you looted. undecided
Re: Former Niger State Governor Follows Senator Gbenga Daniel Suspends Pension by HellAnus: 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2023
As if his 4 years pension is up to a month loot he did as a governor

(1) (Reply)

Abia CJ Commends Governor Alex Otti As 5 Abia High Court Judges Get Official Car / The Pure Teachings Of YSHUA Has More In Common With Islam Than Christianity(pic) / Exposing The Corruption In Nigeria Immigration Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.