Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Rihanna Is Being Roasted For "Trying So Hard Not To Get Canceled" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna Is Being Roasted For "Trying So Hard Not To Get Canceled" (338 Views)

Dj Cuppy: Rihanna Is Pregnant And I Am still Single / "It Was So Hard Not Having S£x Wit Kiddwaya Last Night"- BBNaija Erica Reveals / Rihanna Is Officially The World's Richest Female Musician - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Is Being Roasted For "Trying So Hard Not To Get Canceled" by DyshApp: 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
Rihanna has always made it clear that she wants to be inclusive when it comes to her Fenty beauty range and Savage x Fenty clothing line.Fenty famously follows the mantra of "beauty for all" and models the products on a diverse range of people.

"I have a unique opportunity to change things," Rihanna said of her collection at the time.She added to Entertainment Tonight, "We cannot neglect those consumers. That consumer is one that's been neglected before and I'm not gonna let that happen here.
"In her efforts to include everybody, Rihanna uses models aged 18–60 with different body shapes and different gender identities to showcase her collections.

Speaking to AP about her vision for Fenty in the past, she said, "Inclusivity is part of the brand, always. We don't believe in division. We do not believe in excluding anyone."

And while Rihanna's efforts have been widely praised, people couldn't help but gently roast the star when a clip of her discussing her gender-inclusive boxer briefs recently resurfaced online.

In fact, Rihanna has been accused of "trying so hard not to get cancelled" in the 2020 clip, which was filmed at her Savage x Fenty Show Vol. 2 in October 2020.

Discussing her new product, Rihanna stumbles over her words as she explains who the boxer briefs are for: "Both men and women and non-binary people of all, umm, gender appropriations and the pronouns."

"Everyone is included," Rihanna concludes. "I didn't want this to be a 'boxers are for men' type situation."

The clip was recently reposted to TikTok, where it has been liked over a million times. In the comment sections, fans have poked fun at Rihanna for the ramble while acknowledging that her heart was in the right place.

"she a lil confused but she got the spirit," one person commented. Another wrote, "she said y'all not gonna get me cancelled today. 😭"

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjSK5kPB/

Follow up with the latest celebrity gossip here!

(1) (Reply)

Sc@mmer Makeup Artist Eniola Break Down In Tears & Give Reason For Sc@ming Brain / The New Wizkid On Davido's Playbook. / Burnaboy Romantic Relationship With Stefflon Don & Jada Kingdom In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.