Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,385 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver (20110 Views)

How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station / I'm In Need Of A Car For Uber/bolt / UBER/BOLT Driver Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by GoodRocks: 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2023
Babamide:
It is not about trust, you actually no get sense ni.

CC brokeness

I thought I was the only one who wanted to say. Like the dude brokeness is highly senseless he lacks brains

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Gandrova: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2023
Balablue64:

Maybe some people can be trusted , but not a fucking stranger you don't even know.
And besides that number of people who can be trusted is less than 1% percent out of every hundred people
If the op knows what good for him, he would suspect every one that pull up there to buy fuel, coz if he continues the way he's doing, bigger scams would come and he would use his entire salary to pay debt and even borrow more sef.
Lolz I rest my case

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by rickleye: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
Brokeness:
So during yersternite's duty, this Lexus ES300 Uber/Bolt driver carrying 3 girls drove to my pump for fuel of #3,000 (5 litres) requesting to pay via card, which the POS machine declined (I think it's Zenith card). On letting him know, he pleaded with me to try again.

Normally, I don't try a declined card twice on my pos to avoid 'debit without approval' (a situation where a card is debited but isn't approved by the POS transaction) customer wahala. I do tell them to check another pump if they can't make transfer. But I had pity on him due to the way he was pleading so decided to help out as he wasn't having cash, neither could he do transfer.

Due to the rush in my pump, I gave him the POS machine to hold while it's connecting, so I could attend to other customers.

Brethren, that was my second biggest regret this month (first one was someone that did transfer of #6,000 to my First bank from opay because Access bank transfer wasn't going throughout that day, up till now, I'm yet to see that one) cos some moments later, this dude legit looked me eyeball to eyeball and told me approved to which I asked again, approved? Which he repeated loud and clear, Yes, approved bro. but it was a big fat lie. It had declined again.

My motive of asking was to confirm because I had ran out of paper roll so I couldn't print it out and dude was in a hurry begging me to sale for him first when I insisted to go and get a paper roll, so I didn't bother to verify if it really approved by going back to 'reprint' to check the status of the transaction. I just swallowed his words β€” hook, line and sinker.

It pains me most from the bottom of my heart πŸ’” because this is money that I was supposed to add and pay my faculty fees β€” deadline is tomorrow (I was lucky enough to borrow from a colleague) But this dude and several others effortlessly scammed me and put me in huge debt which would be debited from my salary because I decided to trust my fellow county men.

I still have the failed transaction receipt, and will keep it well. I will upload the pics when I get home in the morning. Though, I don't think I can recall the guy's face if I should see him again, but then, miracle no dey tire Jesus!!

My advise to you all is; 'In all your doings; "Never trust a Nigerian β€” dead or alive." I have learnt my lessons, albeit the hard way.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry for the inconvenience
If you can still trust .
I’ll pay the #3,000

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by olamilarks(m): 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
Gandrova:
That's not an opportunity, it is broad day robbery.
Well, broad daylight robbery is similar to opportunity when dealing with our compatriots! Has anyone used the saying "Na where man dey work he dey chop, na why Dem call am workchop" near you lately?
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Oizee(f): 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
DyingFetus:
Mumu man you for use public transport

You wan form big boy go day use Uber
please try dey read now
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by KLand(m): 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2023
All hope is not lost yet.

With that decline receipt, try and locate the Bank that issued the ATM. Escalate to them through your POS acquirer, explaining that you gave value for a failed transaction.

If everything goes well, the issuing bank will recover the fund from their customer and credit your POS account.

Thank you.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by soccerlite: 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2023
You thinking scamming is unique to only nigerians

Watch foreign films and you will see

Even in abroad you will be scammed since you aren't proactive

Even the Bible said watch and pray

Funny you
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Foodhub2023: 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
Brokeness:
So during yersternite's duty, this Lexus ES300 Uber/Bolt driver carrying 3 girls drove to my pump for fuel of #3,000 (5 litres) requesting to pay via card, which the POS machine declined (I think it's Zenith card). On letting him know, he pleaded with me to try again.

Normally, I don't try a declined card twice on my pos to avoid 'debit without approval' (a situation where a card is debited but isn't approved by the POS transaction) customer wahala. I do tell them to check another pump if they can't make transfer. But I had pity on him due to the way he was pleading so decided to help out as he wasn't having cash, neither could he do transfer.

Due to the rush in my pump, I gave him the POS machine to hold while it's connecting, so I could attend to other customers.

Brethren, that was my second biggest regret this month (first one was someone that did transfer of #6,000 to my First bank from opay because Access bank transfer wasn't going throughout that day, up till now, I'm yet to see that one) cos some moments later, this dude legit looked me eyeball to eyeball and told me approved to which I asked again, approved? Which he repeated loud and clear, Yes, approved bro. but it was a big fat lie. It had declined again.

My motive of asking was to confirm because I had ran out of paper roll so I couldn't print it out and dude was in a hurry begging me to sale for him first when I insisted to go and get a paper roll, so I didn't bother to verify if it really approved by going back to 'reprint' to check the status of the transaction. I just swallowed his words β€” hook, line and sinker.

It pains me most from the bottom of my heart πŸ’” because this is money that I was supposed to add and pay my faculty fees β€” deadline is tomorrow (I was lucky enough to borrow from a colleague) But this dude and several others effortlessly scammed me and put me in huge debt which would be debited from my salary because I decided to trust my fellow county men.

I still have the failed transaction receipt, and will keep it well. I will upload the pics when I get home in the morning. Though, I don't think I can recall the guy's face if I should see him again, but then, miracle no dey tire Jesus!!

My advise to you all is; 'In all your doings; "Never trust a Nigerian β€” dead or alive." I have learnt my lessons, albeit the hard way.

Thanks for your time.
Trust brought me to where i am but trusting God is lifting me higher..... Human being never use that word for any not even Blood... 718k GONE like breeze............ 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by imokings: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
How he be u now, stop colos u no go hear now u don come show urselffor public.

DyingFetus:

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by imokings: 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
How he be u now, stop colos u no go hear now u don come show urself for public.

DyingFetus:

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by actypo: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
Thank God that it's just 3k.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Gandrova: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2023
olamilarks:
Well, broad daylight robbery is similar to opportunity when dealing with our compatriots! Has anyone used the saying "Na where man dey work he dey chop, na why Dem call am workchop" near you lately?

They are two different issues! Workshop, you can eat from there legitimately without cutting corners and you can do otherwise.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Brokeness(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2023
actypo:
Thank God that it's just 3k.

You can't leave the premises in the morning without your account balancing.. the cashier will call security on you.

The way he comfortably lied left me in shock. Men have mind o

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Truthshotcrazy: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
cool
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by ItisWell22(f): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
It’s really crazy out there. 😒

franksam209:
There's a 50% chance you get scammed in every dealings you do especially in Lagos, just now now now I bought fufu 600(12 piece) from my street lol, on getting home i realize 4 piece is missing from it, like how do I go back now to complain about fufu grin grin, shame no allow me lol.
Last week I bought a kilo of fish, I was inside the car,I didn't come down, only for the mama to cut and hid some of it under a pack of lylon, I was just watching from my tinted windows, i was just too embarrassed on her behalf to speak up, I just left .
An eternal fuel attendance stopped work after I mistakenly transferred 15k twice during that fuel scarcity, one was error but the second was successful, only for me to get home to multiple alerts, I went to the bank to confirm the next morning and went back to eternal, the guy promised to go check his bank and withdraw the money, only for me to go there the next day and they said he didn't come, after some days I went back and they said he stopped working there.
So the point is people are very hungry and are ready to do anything just to survive, sometimes I don't blame them, if it's a small thing, I just ignore and move on
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by toxtimmy: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
My fellow not geria...Nigeria when children dey kill their parents for money and people dey use other people as rituals.... na und e which rock you maybe been living in Nigeria all thes years?

I mean people to do juju for their mouth so if dem come ask you for favour you to give them with our question or thought
.. now ask yourselt why the juju dem dey do to talk to visa councellors at oyinbo embassy no dey work?

yourself why juju when dem dey do

ILoveFaith:
:Sorry for your loss bro!
Nigerians are so heartless these days. Dunno if it’s due to the economic harsh realities
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by olamilarks(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
Gandrova:
They are two different issues! Workshop, you can eat from there legitimately without cutting corners and you can do otherwise.
True.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by bigiyaro(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
ILoveFaith:
:Sorry for your loss bro!
Nigerians are so heartless these days. Dunno if it’s due to the economic harsh realities
am sure you have read something about man made but naturally made things like 'man made lake' like wise Nigerians are naturally made thives, not ' hash economy made'
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Chibuzoripob: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2023
angry may that 3k knock down his engine .May they steal his battery.They'll remove 3 of his car tyres and leave one for him.May he jam merciless lasman,FRSC,. angry.May streets boys throw stone and shattered his windscreen grin angry
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Elsueno: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
How nostalgic, dis brings back so many memories...I remembered when I used to be naive, nice & very eggy to help people like you Mr Brokeness grin..Until my fellow country men show me shege..

Nowadays, U MUST PAY ME BEFORE SELL OR SERVICE unless I can confirm u are in an emergency..Otherwise I go ignore u undecided
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by dontrulee: 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
Foodhub2023:

Trust brought me to where i am but trusting God is lifting me higher..... Human being never use that word for any not even Blood... 718k GONE like breeze............ 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Wetin happen?
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by dontrulee: 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
Trust but verify.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by jaxxy(m): 9:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
Inibe with ur work u are not supposed to trust people especially those u don't know or else u will mess urself up. Same way motorists check the fuel meter reading cos they don't trust the attendants.

There is no place for trust in certain businesses. u follow procedures.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by IbnB: 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
Brokeness:

Thanks for your time.

No be so una dey scam drivers with your doctored meters everyday
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by lonelygem(m): 3:15am On Sep 21, 2023
DyingFetus:

Wooow! Last M*M* standing finally unveil himself. So daft and so lazy to read.. how do people like this find it normal to bump into discussion without the slightest idea what the topic is all about?? I'm so ashamed of you.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Cutehector(m): 6:50am On Sep 21, 2023
Babamide:
lmao

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Cutehector(m): 6:50am On Sep 21, 2023
Babamide:
people will hardly want to blame themselves.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by isamite(m): 7:04am On Sep 21, 2023
πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by nairamaniac: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2023
Anonymous1900:
Young Man, Calm down. ill give you free advise even though you asked for none. Do not make any key/significant decisions in life when upset or annoyed (or when your mind is clouded by emotions, those decisions you make might not be wrong but they certainly wont be the best when you consider all other options clearly with a calm mind)

Making statements like the bolded is not necessary and should not define you. you will be tried countless times in this life and each and every stumbling block should strengthen you to work harder and smarter. We are a sum collection of our collective experiences and what we do with them is what makes us.

you castigated the entire Nigerian populace because 2 Nigerians out of 200M plus people scammed you and now 1 Nigerian is offering to give you the money back. so what rash exaltation would you label all Nigerians now? if that's the lesson you learnt from the interaction then you learnt nothing.

send you bank details and you will get your 9k back

U are a legend.

But it was 3k he was just recently duped off. Not 9k.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Sk5050: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2023
Anonymous1900:
Young Man, Calm down. ill give you free advise even though you asked for none. Do not make any key/significant decisions in life when upset or annoyed (or when your mind is clouded by emotions, those decisions you make might not be wrong but they certainly wont be the best when you consider all other options clearly with a calm mind)

Making statements like the bolded is not necessary and should not define you. you will be tried countless times in this life and each and every stumbling block should strengthen you to work harder and smarter. We are a sum collection of our collective experiences and what we do with them is what makes us.

you castigated the entire Nigerian populace because 2 Nigerians out of 200M plus people scammed you and now 1 Nigerian is offering to give you the money back. so what rash exaltation would you label all Nigerians now? if that's the lesson you learnt from the interaction then you learnt nothing.

send you bank details and you will get your 9k back

You said mindπŸ™πŸΎ
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Sk5050: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2023
Brokeness:

Thanks for your time.
Why castigate the entire Nigerian citizens because of what two nigerians did to you. I think you got it wrong l, we have good people in our country stop the hasty generalization. Very wrong impression stop painting your country in a bad light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car / What Is The Preferred Engine Type In Nigeria - Petrol Or Diesel, And Why? / Turkmenistan President Bans All Black Cars From Country’s Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.