Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver (20121 Views)

How I Was Scammed At A Fuel Station / I'm In Need Of A Car For Uber/bolt / UBER/BOLT Driver Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by flexyrule(m): 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2023
DyingFetus:
Mumu man you for use public transport

You wan form big boy go day use Uber
Who is this Marlian again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Bullet01(f): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
Sorry man
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by secpowell: 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
How come you now tagged him Uber/Bolt driver, simply because he is driving ES300 and carrying 3 girls.
It bad to conclude just like that.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by FashionCookie(f): 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
We're complaining that fuel is expensive and govt is not trying bla bla bla bla....
Okay. Now, see what a Nigerian did to his fellow... and he'll be the first to insult any person in Power.
Most Nigerians are naturally wicked people. And We're just a reflection of our leaders.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by BABAawoo47: 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
you don't need paper to check if it's successful. You can just go to transaction history and check the most recent

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by olamilarks(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
Brokeness:

My advise to you all is; 'In all your doings; "Never trust a Nigerian β€” dead or alive."

Thanks for your time.
The crux of the whole matter! He saw an opportunity and took it, naija man no dey miss opportunity. Sorry about your loss!
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Terman: 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
How did you even know that the person was a Uber driver ?

Well, sorry for your loss. May karma catch up with the driver.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by scoobyblogspot(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nobody get joy again for this country oo.. Wake up
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by FashionCookie(f): 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
marsoden:

Did you even bother reading what He posted? Or you just rushed to type out of context?
Lol
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by dchamp234(m): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
It's a shame that despite what the government have done to the poor mases, the poor mases have now turned on themselves to the merriment of the government. This alone is one of the reasons Nigeria isn't moving forward, Nigerians causing pains and hardships on fellow Nigerians, anytime we realize this and address, Nigeria will be where it rightly belongs.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Addme: 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
BABAawoo47:
you don't need paper to check if it's successful. You can just go to transaction history and check the most recent
How o wished I could give you 10likes.
He could have just check the transaction history.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by secpowell: 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
How come you now tagged him Uber/Bolt driver, simply because he is driving ES300 and carrying 3 girls.
It bad to conclude just like that. You condemned two e-hailing company because of 3k

Anonymous1900:
Young Man, Calm down. ill give you free advise even though you asked for none. Do not make any key/significant decisions in life when upset or annoyed (or when your mind is clouded by emotions, those decisions you make might not be wrong but they certainly wont be the best when you consider all other options clearly with a calm mind)

Making statements like the bolded is not necessary and should not define you. you will be tried countless times in this life and each and every stumbling block should strengthen you to work harder and smarter. We are a sum collection of our collective experiences and what we do with them is what makes us.

you castigated the entire Nigerian populace because 2 Nigerians out of 200M plus people scammed you and now 1 Nigerian is offering to give you the money back. so what rash exaltation would you label all Nigerians now? if that's the lesson you learnt from the interaction then you learnt nothing.

send you bank details and you will get your 9k back

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by davidtuzy(m): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2023
This Story No Clear atall 😏😏 ..... I Smell Something Fishy πŸ€”

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by franksam209: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2023
There's a 50% chance you get scammed in every dealings you do especially in Lagos, just now now now I bought fufu 600(12 piece) from my street lol, on getting home i realize 4 piece is missing from it, like how do I go back now to complain about fufu grin grin, shame no allow me lol.
Last week I bought a kilo of fish, I was inside the car,I didn't come down, only for the mama to cut and hid some of it under a pack of lylon, I was just watching from my tinted windows, i was just too embarrassed on her behalf to speak up, I just left .
An eternal fuel attendance stopped work after I mistakenly transferred 15k twice during that fuel scarcity, one was error but the second was successful, only for me to get home to multiple alerts, I went to the bank to confirm the next morning and went back to eternal, the guy promised to go check his bank and withdraw the money, only for me to go there the next day and they said he didn't come, after some days I went back and they said he stopped working there.
So the point is people are very hungry and are ready to do anything just to survive, sometimes I don't blame them, if it's a small thing, I just ignore and move on

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Gandrova: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2023
DyingFetus:

did you read the write up@ all? Or you choose to expose your stupidity
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Balablue64: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
Its normal thing, every mugu must collect op you are too dull for my liking. Please what is your address i want to come and buy fuel
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by SalamRushdie: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
ILoveFaith:
:Sorry for your loss bro!
Nigerians are so heartless these days. Dunno if it’s due to the economic harsh realities

Nigerians have been very dishonest people since I was born
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Gandrova: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2023
I wonder how some people would scam others and they will be happy with their nefarious act.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Gandrova: 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
olamilarks:

The crux of the whole matter! He saw an opportunity and took it, naija man no dey miss opportunity. Sorry about your loss!
That's not an opportunity, it is broad day robbery.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by AskProf: 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
Scripture5:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num with faith; Angela Oyom
0[/color][color=dark]801
G.TBank

Anthony M Okeke, shame unto you.
Shame.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Balablue64: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
Anonymous1900:
Young Man, Calm down. ill give you free advise even though you asked for none. Do not make any key/significant decisions in life when upset or annoyed (or when your mind is clouded by emotions, those decisions you make might not be wrong but they certainly wont be the best when you consider all other options clearly with a calm mind)

Making statements like the bolded is not necessary and should not define you. you will be tried countless times in this life and each and every stumbling block should strengthen you to work harder and smarter. We are a sum collection of our collective experiences and what we do with them is what makes us.

you castigated the entire Nigerian populace because 2 Nigerians out of 200M plus people scammed you and now 1 Nigerian is offering to give you the money back. so what rash exaltation would you label all Nigerians now? if that's the lesson you learnt from the interaction then you learnt nothing.

Are you trying to be funny or you are serious?

No Nigerian is trustworthy, i pretend to trust people but i don't, only trust myself. I won't advise anyone to trust who they don't know.
If you don't have better advice to give this young man please be quiet.
I KNOW you are an ajebutter or a novice man but don't make this guy to join your league.
I've been in the streets and I've seen things and the best advice you can give to anyone is "TRUST NO ONE"

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Balablue64: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
Babamide:
It is not about trust, you actually no get sense ni.

If i was his boss i would have sacked him since cos this kind of naive person can run your business down, he can even open gate for criminal

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Gandrova: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
franksam209:
There's a 50% chance you get scammed in every dealings you do especially in Lagos, just now now now I bought fufu 600(12 piece) from my street lol, on getting home i realize 4 piece is missing from it, like how do I go back now to complain about fufu grin grin, shame no allow me lol.
Last week I bought a kilo of fish, I was inside the car,I didn't come down, only for the mama to cut and hid some of it under a pack of lylon, I was just watching from my tinted windows, i was just too embarrassed on her behalf to speak up, I just left .
An eternal fuel attendance stopped work after I mistakenly transferred 15k twice during that fuel scarcity, one was error but the second was successful, only for me to get home to multiple alerts, I went to the bank to confirm the next morning and went back to eternal, the guy promised to go check his bank and withdraw the money, only for me to go there the next day and they said he didn't come, after some days I went back and they said he stopped working there.
So the point is people are very hungry and are ready to do anything just to survive, sometimes I don't blame them, if it's a small thing, I just ignore and move on
If we keep cutting corners, it will add to our problems.
I went to make deposit from a POS operator, the transfer failed twice, it was the third one that shows successful. On getting home I found out the lady has transferred twice the amount I gave her.
It never occurred to me for a second to spend the money because it wasn't mine.
I returned the money instantly. You need to see the way the lady was sweating I got to her shop. She was surprised and happy to see me back. It doesn't cost anything to be sincere.
I don't want Almighty Allah to punish me
It is a matter of faith and conviction.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Guyman01: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
Scripture5:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num with faith; Angela Oyom
G.TBank
Anthony beggi beggi can never make you rich

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Gandrova: 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
Balablue64:

Are you trying to be funny or you are serious?

No Nigerian is trustworthy, i pretend to trust people but i don't, only trust myself. I won't advise anyone to trust who they don't know.
If you don't have better advice to give this young man please be quiet.
I KNOW you are an ajebutter or a novice man but don't make this guy to join your league.
I've been in the streets and I've seen things and the best advice you can give to anyone is "TRUST NO ONE"
Don't generalized, some people can be trusted even in their grave man. It depends on the kind of person you are and the kind of mind set you have towards people.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Hugo55(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
DyingFetus:

Like seriously!, you vomitted that?
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by sisisioge: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2023
You missed a lot of steps in your SOP and paid dearly for it. You're in naija fa. It is well.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by GYBABA(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
DyingFetus:

Actually you are the mumu man. Learn to read and comprehend. Black men get problems ooo
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by Balablue64: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
Gandrova:
Don't generalized, some people can be trusted even in their grave man. It depends on the kind of person you are and the kind of mind set you have towards people.

Maybe some people can be trusted , but not a fucking stranger you don't even know.
And besides that number of people who can be trusted is less than 1% percent out of every hundred people
If the op knows what good for him, he would suspect every one that pull up there to buy fuel, coz if he continues the way he's doing, bigger scams would come and he would use his entire salary to pay debt and even borrow more sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver by BItt: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
Anonymous1900:

Brokeness endeavor to read this post to the last and do what he asked you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. / Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car / What Is The Preferred Engine Type In Nigeria - Petrol Or Diesel, And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.