Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal (2823 Views)

I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi Insists / I Must See President Buhari - IPOB Member Insists In Japan (Photos) / VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by ojoadeola: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, in his appeal to the Supreme Court, has said he got 8.7 million votes in the 2023 presidential election, insisting that he won the election.

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that Obi is seeking nullification of the judgment of the Presidential Election Petition Court, which upheld the victory of Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the February 25 presidential election.

In a 51-ground appeal filed by his lawyers on Tuesday, Obi argued that the PEPC erred in law by dismissing his petition, which challenged the outcome of the election on the grounds of alleged overvoting and non-compliance with the Electoral Act.

Obi’s lawyers also argued that the PEPC erred in refusing to rely on the evidence of 18,088 blurred polling unit results uploaded by INEC staff to its public viewing portal. They said the blurred results formed part of the certified copies issued to them by INEC and should have been considered by the PEPC.

The appeal partly read, “Take notice that the Appellants being dissatisfied with the decisions in PETITION NO: CA/PEPC/03/2023 MR. PETER GREGORY OBI & ANOR. v. INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION & ORS. (consolidated with Election Petition Nos: CA/PEPC/04/2023 and CA/PEPC/05/2023), contained in pages 3-327 of the Judgment of the Court of Appeal sitting as the Presidential Election Petition Court, Holden at Abuja, Coram: H. S. Tsammani, Stephen Jonah Adah, Misitura Omodere Bolaji-Yusuff, Boloukuroma Moses Ugo and Abba Bello Mohammed, JJ.C.A. (“the Court below”) delivered on the 6th day of September 2023, and more particularly stated in paragraph 2 of this Notice of Appeal, do hereby appeal to the Supreme Court on the Grounds set out in Paragraph 3 and will at the hearing of the appeal seek the Reliefs sought in paragraph 4 herein.”

https://politicsnigeria.com/i-won-presidential-election-with-8-7-million-votes-peter-obi-insists-in-appeal-to-supreme-court/?expand_article=1

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by adebayo987: 11:23am On Sep 20, 2023
Still in a Nigerian court?

Another waste of time and money...!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Ofunaofu: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2023
FACT

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by loosecanon50(m): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2023
Destiny can be delayed but never denied. The man Peter Obi is on a divine quest, and he will surely achieve it for the betterment of the masses.

It's just a matter of time.

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Jorussia(m): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2023
Because the PEPT don lecture am for their judgement he just had to pick a random number from anywhere to claim he won.8.7m votes he didn't claim at the tribunal. The case at the supreme court is a mere formality. PEPT did a great job in giving a very detailed judgment that would be near impossible to upturn. My only concern is for PBAT to win the economic war in CBN and oil industry.If he doesn't turn the fortunes around in the CBN in next 3 weeks,Nigeria is going to be in a very big mess.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by VinnyBaba: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2023
TRUE! 🙂😎

In the presidential election, See the APC and PDP Bigwigs who lost their Polling Units to Peter Obi/Labour Party. 🙂

*GOODLUCK JONATHAN-Lost
*FESTUS Keyamo-Lost.
*IFEANYI Okowa-Lost
*ADAMU Abdullahi-Lost
*DAVID Mark-Lost
*FEMI Gbajabiamila-Lost
*SIMON Lalung- Lost
*DARIUS Ishiaku-Lost
*Nyesom Wike-Lost (but Destroyed the PU)
*BUHARI inside Aso Rock-Lost. 😊😊🙂

Even DAVE UMAHI said his Immediate family members all Voted for Obi.🙂

That Weak and Morally BANKRUPT Fellow called Mahmoud Yakubu Stole PETER OBI votes.😒🙁

God will Elevate Obi, eventually!🙂

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by seanfer(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2023
which challenged the outcome of the election on the grounds of alleged overvoting

But there was no time the lawyer argue over voting or show any proof of that during the tribunal hearings....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by loosecanon50(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2023
Jorussia:
Because the PEPT don lecture am for their judgement he just had to pick a random number from anywhere to claim he won.8.7m votes he didn't claim at the tribunal. The case at the supreme court is a mere formality. PEPT did a great job in giving a very detailed judgment that would be near impossible to upturn. My only concern is for PBAT to win the economic war in CBN and oil industry.If he doesn't turn the fortunes around in the CBN in next 3 weeks,Nigeria is going to be in a very big mess.

So, for example: A judge saying someone's account number committed drug trafficking and not the person himself is a detailed judgement?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Betanaija42moro: 11:52am On Sep 20, 2023
The true winner of the Presidential election.
One day the wishes of the masses will common to pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by tuniski: 11:53am On Sep 20, 2023
loosecanon50:
Destiny can be delayed but never denied. The man Peter Obi is on a divine quest, and he will surely achieve it for the betterment of the masses.

He has served his destiny by enabling the emergence of Tinubu GCFR.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by AfonjaScud: 11:54am On Sep 20, 2023
loosecanon50:

So, for example: A judge saying someone's account number committed drug trafficking and not the person himself is a detailed judgement?

Senseless.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by AfonjaScud: 11:56am On Sep 20, 2023
loosecanon50:

He has already served his destiny by foolishly reducing Atiku's votes to pave the way for Tinubu's victory.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by rinzaugustine: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2023
True, there would have been grounds for disputing this if Tinubu and Mahmoud had not connived to thwart the electronic voting everyone planned for…so as it stands now his manual evidence is that 8.7m and every right thinking Nigerian knows he won the election no doubt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by drlateef: 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
Jorussia:

All your points are excellent indeed. That’s my own thought too. Introducing new fact after learning from the flogging at PEPT will not be entertained

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by kunle4toyeyaho: 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
Ofunaofu:
FACT
dey play

2 Likes

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Racoon(m): 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
The entire charade of February 25th 2023 will forever go down in history as a watershed irrespective of whatsoever the courts says.
Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by yarimo(m): 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
Ofunaofu:
FACT
hehehehe obi won 100% in zamfara, Kano, jigawa, gombe, Katsina, Bauchi, sokoto, Bornu, kwara, Kaduna ,kebbi, kogi, Niger , yobe, benue and Adamawa state grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by TheBillyonaire: 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
If Obi was an #EvilSpirit, whoever he possesses will be needing more than the blood of a Jesus to be exorcised fully.

I can imagine his childhood, you will beat him and he will be crying and following you everywhere shouting 'You must kill me today'.

Fact is that Obi won that Election, but lost the Presidency to stronger gangs of criminals led by a Political Messiah. Tinubu is so far implementing laudable strategies that will emancipate Nigeria but discombobulate Nigerians.

The man is the most intelligent repentant crime boss, and I love him more for that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Ofunaofu: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
tuniski:

He has served his destiny by enabling the emergence of Tinubu GCFR.

You mean he served his destiny by enabling a notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture to emerge president

Wonderful
Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
This werey of aguluigbo didn't tell the tribunal that his party was short of over 44,000 polling unit agents.

Obi and is followers are beat described as foolish followers and leader

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Burruchaga71(m): 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
Tinubu should ask Ngige b4 messing with Peter Obi.
Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Tochitee(m): 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
I keep on saying this fact but the Ibo people fails to understand . Obi 'okute ends at Anambra. As far as Nigeria is concern,he still needs to learn politics or tutelage from tinubus protege like 'sanwo-olu,Fashola and co. He's a boy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
Jorussia:
You mean Tinubu PEPT writing judgement?

1 Like

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by ValarDoharis: 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2023
Stop saying this, you have to exhaust the process to the Supreme Court and let it be that they dismiss all the grounds and set bad precedents.
adebayo987:
Still in a Nigerian court?

Another waste of time and money...!
Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Meagainstthem: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
Most useless Igbo man alive has spokengrin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by Roboto11: 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
Onijibiti.

If he is not careful he would be done for perjury.

You didn't have agents across several thousand wards, yet you are inventing figures.
Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by tuniski: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2023
Ofunaofu:

You mean he served his destiny by enabling a notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture to emerge president

Wonderful
Yes, that is exactly what he did with emotional nzogbu nzogbu politics, that led him and his obidients into political wilderness. Any vote for obi was a technical vote for Tinubu.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by fx45(m): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
Jorussia:
My only concern is for PBAT to win the economic war in CBN and oil industry.If he doesn't turn the fortunes around in the CBN in next 3 weeks,Nigeria is going to be in a very big mess.
Wake up from your dream. Nigeria's economy is heading for an eventual collapse under the watch and supervision of your drug dealing Mandate Thief. That's the reality. After that, Nigeria goes into a total reset.

I guess you won't understand what I'm talking about. It is what it is. Tulumbu is a blessing in disguise
Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by anonymous1759(m): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
loosecanon50:

Are you still trying to undermine the American judiciary system which put Trump on trial ? Biden the current president might face impeachment as well. You guys are pathetic and the worst of humans . They should divide this country and give OBIDIENTs their own country this is absolute madness you guys behave like the woman who wanted another woman’s baby to be killed because she lost hers in the king Solomon’s story .🤮 FYI it was the American court that made the forfeiture civil not the Nigerian judges.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by yommen: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
loosecanon50:

Failure Obi the scammer

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won Presidential Election With 8.7 Million Votes – Peter Obi Insists In Appeal by vincenteger: 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2023
This is very serious than I thought

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Political Value Of Nairaland? / Seven Injured In Ekiti ACN, PDP Clash / About ISIS War In The Middle East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.