Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

About ISIS War In The Middle East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About ISIS War In The Middle East (2827 Views)

Pentagon Stunned As Thousands Of Chinese Troops Enter ISIS War / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare / Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

About ISIS War In The Middle East by paranorman(m): 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
can someone please break down everthing about this war for me? its cause, begining, countries involved and so on...
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by ratiken(m): 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
paranorman:
can someone please break down everthing about this war for me? its cause, begining, countries involved and so on...

Simplest breakdown: ISIS is to Iraq what Buhari/ Bokoharam is to Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by paranorman(m): 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
ratiken:

hmmm..
I'l need more light on this.. I dont wanna use google cos all i'l get is/are aritlcles and more articles.. I really enjoy reading NLs view about the issue, i'd like more views..
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by gidiMonsta(m): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
ratiken:

The fire is been stoked for liars like you, who tarnsishes the image of innocents to get cheap favours from dirty politicians. Just continue with your ways, God is watching you in Ultra 3D.

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by gidiMonsta(m): 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
paranorman:

Da'esh (AKA ISIS) is the love child of USA's ill advised wars in the Middle East and the most extreme of Salafist ideologies.
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by paranorman(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
gidiMonsta:

Da'esh (AKA ISIS) is the love child of USA's ill advised wars in the Middle East and the most extreme of Salafist ideologies.
so, what really led to this war huh? Whats Assad's connections, Russian interference, e.t.c.. I want like a full recap with little or more details. You can do this, c'mon! Dumb it down, i man has gone lay..
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by Idrismusty97(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ok let me briefly explained what i understand, Correct me where I'm wrong.
- It all originated from the Syrian war 3 years ago
- Rebels and Moderate groups sprung up to fight the Assad government
- The Assad government is fully backed by Russia while the rebels are backed by the US.
- Russia and the US thought they could flex their muscles over this war...The Assad government have the upper hand.
- The US brought up an idea of winning this war by funding and training "Moderate rebel groups"....A moderate group named ISIL was chosen as their test project.
- $500m dollars in funding and lots of Us made weapons were given to this ISIL group.
- ISIL grew stronger with lots of supports from other "Moderate groups" and many Syrians traumatized by the Assad government flood into the group(Amounting to more than 10,000 loyal fighters).
- Oops! One problem...They are mainly Sunnis Muslims.
- They have been lots of skirmish between Sunnis and Shi'a Muslims over the years.
- And then the "Angel in disguise" arouse! ISIL feel their brand of Islam is the best and then they evolve into a full fledge terrorist group, fighting not only the Assad government but Shi'as, Christians, Kurdish, Yazidis and even their fellow Sunnis who opposed them.
- Their dominance spreads to neighboring Iraq...They actually shown the world how divided the middle East is over Ethnic and religious lines. Iraq is literally splits into four; Sunnis Muslims, Shia Muslims, Kurdish(A tribe residing in Kirkuk a autonomous region in northern Iraq.) and minority Christians.
- ISIL(Now IS) successfully took over Iraq second largest city Mosul.
- Iraq is bountifully blessed with oil, IS capture a few refineries in Mosul and proceed to selling cheap oil. Their worth grew to a staggering $2bn.
- Now the Iraqis eyes have fully opened, 10,000 men and even women volunteer to fight this rising demon.
- The propaganda campaign of ISIS begins with lots of beheading and execution of Christians, Muslims and minority ethnic group that didn't comply to their strict form of Islam...But the western medias only documents/Publicise execution and beheading of Christians or Westerners making it seems as if the Muslims there are five stars settlers.
- The Kurdish tribe in Kirkuk are now using this as an advantage to separate from Iraq but they are still fighting the IS. The Sunnis are also now realising they are marginalized by the Iraqi government, claiming the Shi'as are more favored by the government. This results to lots of Sunnis all over the world joining the large scale ISIS movement...But they are still lots of genuine sunnis fighting against them.
- Now ISIS have moved to Kobane, A Syrian Town occupied by mainly Kurdish.
- Turkey are now aggrieved, they have the highest numbers of Kurdish settlers in the world! They feel a part of them is hurt and are now planning a large scale invasion, their borders along the kobane area heavenly secured! But few mortals from ISIS have landed in the Turkish territory.
- Syria called Turkey planned invasion an "Act of aggression". These two have never been friends, Turkish have once shot down a Syrian jet in its airspace.
- The US really want Turkey to join the fight against IS but For some reasons Turkey are now backing down probably because of Kurdish terrorist group called PKK and they also want a "No fly zone" over the Kurdish area as a condition of helping.
- Turkey are afraid the US weapons sent to the Kurds in Syrian may be used against them by the PKK.
- Kobane is slowly falling to the hands of ISIS sad......

To be continued....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by tonte(m): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
ISIS are the worst and most Brutal terrorists ever known in the world,led by Abu Al Bagdadi who has a $10m bounty on his head, they are so brutal Al quaeda even denounced them as being too wicked, what makes them peculiar is that they are very well funded, better motivated, have an influx of foreign fighters from Western countries France being the highest contributors. The aim of ISIS is to create an Islamic caliphate, and they are doing just that, they are sunni Muslims and are enemies if infidels, infidels to them are christian, Shia Muslims, kurds and yazidi people, their caliphate includes parts of Iraq and Syria. They get money in the range of $2-3m per day from oil sales on the black market, the US tried as much to refrain from attacking them or at least committing ground troops there as part of Obama's resolve to keel the US out of war, but however ISIS decided to start beheading it's foreign western hostages, and after the beheading of 2 US and i British citizen by a man with a British accent the US decided to conduct air raids to destroy their command, and supply chain...the point is to avoid sending ground forces. they started this at the same time ISIS were about to destroy kurds totally, now here's where it's dicey, ISIS in Iraq is an enemy of the US,but in Syria, ISIS is against the Assad Govt, the US also is against the Assad govt, and that makes the US either allied with one of them if they attack the opposing one there(hope you understand what in trying to explain here) and more and more countries are being pulled in to the conflict for different reasons, the middle eastern countries need ISIS not to thrive as it threatens all of them on the long run, and also not to be said to be sleeping while terrorists grow next door...
NB ISIS are far worse than boko haram,they televise their killings in Hollywood style, HD videos, showing their executions, by beheading crucifixion, flogging of woken and recruiting children, some as young as 5 years old and they already know how to load/unload AK rifles and how-to service them as well.they sell women of infidels or take them as spoils of war....ISIS bring a new face to brutal extremism, they give islam, which is struggling with a battered reputation an even more horrible reputation...i hope my little explanation makes some sense as I typed with my phone

6 Likes

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
tonte:
ISIS are the worst and most Brutal terrorists ever known in the world,led by Abu Al Bagdadi who has a $10m bounty on his head, they are so brutal Al quaeda even denounced them as being too wicked, what makes them peculiar is that they are very well funded, better motivated, have an influx of foreign fighters from Western countries France being the highest contributors. The aim of ISIS is to create an Islamic caliphate, and they are doing just that, they are sunni Muslims and are enemies if infidels, infidels to them are christian, Shia Muslims, kurds and yazidi people, their caliphate includes parts of Iraq and Syria. They get money in the range of $2-3m per day from oil sales on the black market, the US tried as much to refrain from attacking them or at least committing ground troops there as part of Obama's resolve to keel the US out of war, but however ISIS decided to start beheading it's foreign western hostages, and after the beheading of 2 US and i British citizen by a man with a British accent the US decided to conduct air raids to destroy their command, and supply chain...the point is to avoid sending ground forces. they started this at the same time ISIS were about to destroy kurds totally, now here's where it's dicey, ISIS in Iraq is an enemy of the US,but in Syria, ISIS is against the Assad Govt, the US also is against the Assad govt, and that makes the US either allied with one of them if they attack the opposing one there(hope you understand what in trying to explain here) and more and more countries are being pulled in to the conflict for different reasons, the middle eastern countries need ISIS not to thrive as it threatens all of them on the long run, and also not to be said to be sleeping while terrorists grow next door...
NB ISIS are far worse than boko haram,they televise their killings in Hollywood style, HD videos, showing their executions, by beheading crucifixion, flogging of woken and recruiting children, some as young as 5 years old and they already know how to load/unload AK rifles and how-to service them as well.they sell women of infidels or take them as spoils of war....ISIS bring a new face to brutal extremism, they give islam, which is struggling with a battered reputation an even more horrible reputation...i hope my little explanation makes some sense as I typed with my phone
U forgot to add that ISIS are the Role Model for BokoHaram. ISIS is the standard gauge of Sunnis- the pure Mohammad style of 632AD.
They are the best of the believers, next to the prophet Mohammad in Ranks. Authomatic ticket to the paradise of wine,milk, honey and women very plenty!! Ewuuu!!

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by paranorman(m): 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Ok let me briefly explained what i understand, Correct me where I'm wrong.
- It all originated from the Syrian war 3 years ago
- Rebels and Moderate groups sprung up to fight the Assad government
- The Assad government is fully backed by Russia while the rebels are backed by the US.
- Russia and the US thought they could flex their muscles over this war...The Assad government have the upper hand.
- The US brought up an idea of winning this war by funding and training "Moderate rebel groups"....A moderate group named ISIL was chosen as their test project.
- $500m dollars in funding and lots of Us made weapons were given to this ISIL group.
- ISIL grew stronger with lots of supports from other "Moderate groups" and many Syrians traumatized by the Assad government flood into the group(Amounting to more than 10,000 loyal fighters).
- Oops! One problem...They are mainly Sunnis Muslims.
- They have been lots of skirmish between Sunnis and Shi'a Muslims over the years.
- And then the "Angel in disguise" arouse! ISIL feel their brand of Islam is the best and then they evolve into a full fledge terrorist group, fighting not only the Assad government but Shi'as, Christians, Kurdish, Yatzis and even their fellow Sunnis who opposed them.
- Their dominance spreads to neighboring Iraq...They actually shown the world how divided the middle East is over Ethnic and religious lines. Iraq is literally splits into four; Sunnis Muslims, Shia Muslims, Kurdish(A tribe residing in Kirkuk a autonomous region in northern Iraq.) and minority Christians.
- ISIL(Now IS) successfully took over Iraq second largest city Mosul.
- Iraq is bountifully blessed with oil, IS capture a few refineries in Mosul and proceed to selling cheap oil. Their worth grew to a staggering $2bn.
- Now the Iraqis eyes have fully opened, 10,000 men and even women volunteer to fight this rising demon.
- The propaganda campaign of ISIS begins with lots of beheading and execution of Christians, Muslims and minority ethnic group that didn't comply to their strict form of Islam...But the western medias only documents/Publicise execution and beheading of Christians or Westerners making it seems as if the Muslims there are five stars settlers.
- The Kurdish tribe in Kirkuk are now using this as an advantage to separate from Iraq but they are still fighting the IS. The Sunnis are also now realising they are marginalized by the Iraqi government, claiming the Shi'as are more favored by the government. This results to lots of Sunnis all over the world joining the large scale ISIS movement...But they are still lots of genuine sunnis fighting against them.
- Now ISIS have moved to Kobane, A Syrian Town occupied by mainly Kurdish.
- Turkey are now aggrieved, they have the highest numbers of Kurdish settlers in the world! They feel a part of them is hurt and are now planning a large scale invasion, their borders along the kobane area heavenly secured! But few mortals from ISIS have landed in the Turkish territory.
- Syria called Turkey planned invasion an "Act of aggression". These two have never been friends, Turkish have once shot down a Syrian jet in its airspace.
- The US really want Turkey to join the fight against IS but For some reasons Turkey are now backing down probably because of Kurdish terrorist group called PKK and they also want a "No fly zone" over the Kurdish area as a condition of helping.
- Turkey are afraid the US weapons sent to the Kurds in Syrian may be used against them by the PKK.
- Kobane is slowly falling to the hands of ISIS sad......

To be continued....
i love this man.. You did a lotta justice.. Thumbs up..

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by paranorman(m): 11:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
tonte:
this is why i love NL. I just feel lost whenever i read something of ISIS and the middle east.. 'm fixed now.. Thanks.
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by wanimo: 4:46am On Oct 21, 2014
ISIS is a representation of what the west truely is..."Trouble makers". The US ceated and funded the ISIL to fight Assad in Syria just like they did AL-qaeda in Afghanistan, and probably Boko Haram in Nigeria. Now ISIS has grown into an uncontrollable monster with a lot of European and American fighters.
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by persius555(m): 5:32am On Oct 21, 2014
wanimo:
ISIS is a representation of what the west truely is..."Trouble makers". The US ceated and funded the ISIL to fight Assad in Syria just like they did AL-qaeda in Afghanistan, and probably Boko Haram in Nigeria. Now ISIS has grown into an uncontrollable monster with a lot of European and American fighters.
America is fast becoming the creator of today's terror monsters. It baffles me how its citizens sit back and allow its govt use their tax payers money to fund terror organisations that are willing to help topple regimes that do not do its bidding. Americas foreign policies in the last six decades or so has done humanity more harm than good.Three years ago, it was romancing Isis(aka moderate fighters), today it is bombing the same group. I wonder if america ever learns. The same mistake was made in vietnam some decades ago, afghanistan in the lae 70s, now the entire middle east. The middle east is fast becoming the wild wild east, thanks to america.
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by femmy2010(m): 6:14am On Oct 21, 2014
wanimo:

US Never created Islami State(ISIS or ISIL), they emanated from the Taliban.
Get your facts right and not mislead peeps.
The Kurds and many other moderate are the ones the US and it's allies have always supported and are currently fighting the progression of the IS fighters.
Thanks to the US alliance area bombardment they have been able to repel IS advancement into a strategic Syrian town of Kobani.
NOTE - IS declared Caliphate spread through Iraq and Syria.
IS is a thread to the world and their fellow Muslims inclusive as Muslims have been 80% of their victims so far.

2 Likes

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by Fash20: 6:18am On Oct 21, 2014
I'm sorry sir but you are a fo..ol.Who told you Muhammed(S.A.W) was a terrorist.
ZKOSOSO:

U forgot to add that ISIS are the Role Model for BokoHaram. ISIS is the standard gauge of Sunnis- the pure Mohammad style of 632AD.
They are the best of the believers, next to the prophet Mohammad in Ranks. Authomatic ticket to the paradise of wine,milk, honey and women very plenty!! Ewuuu!!

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by femmy2010(m): 6:25am On Oct 21, 2014
Fash20:
I'm sorry sir but you are a fo..ol.Who told you Muhammed(S.A.W) was a terrorist.

My broda,
Best to ignore certain moronic comments.

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by Funpeter: 7:04am On Oct 21, 2014
paranorman:

hmmm..
I'l need more light on this.. I dont wanna use google cos all i'l get is/are aritlcles and more articles.. I really enjoy reading NLs view about the issue, i'd like more views..
The best place you can get the details is you being in SYRIA don't worry am gonna pay for the trip....... Don't thank me bro, what are friends for?

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by femmy2010(m): 7:13am On Oct 21, 2014
Funpeter:
The best place you can get the details is you being in SYRIA don't worry am gonna pay for the trip....... Don't thank me bro, what are friends for?

hehehehehehe,make him go "alepo" lol
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by sarutobie(m): 7:21am On Oct 21, 2014
ZKOSOSO:

^^this...The world is helping Iraq to fight against isis but doing nothing against bokoharam...same way we were left to tackle ebola on our own..and guess what? we succeeded! we will never be subdued by bokoharam.

tell me, what incompetence and corruption surpasses that of the iraqi military and government, that it allowed a group of militias with ak47s to overrun them totally and seize their oil wells? I mean, the iraqis have better military hardware than Nigeria and yet they failed woefully!

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by gidiMonsta(m): 8:37am On Oct 21, 2014
femmy2010:

Get your facts right and not mislead peeps.
The Kurds and many other moderate are the ones the US and it's allies have always supported and are currently fighting the progression of the IS fighters.
Thanks to the US alliance area bombardment they have been able to repel IS advancement into a strategic Syrian town of Kobani.
NOTE - IS declared Caliphate spread through Iraq and Syria.
IS is a thread to the world and their fellow Muslims inclusive as Muslims have been 80% of their victims so far.

Da'esh (ISIS) is mainly made up of fighters trained by the US and British forces in Jordan about 2 years ago to topple the Assad regime. Their fighting style is strikingly similar to the US Marines and British SAS which is why they were able to completely decimate Iraq's military within a very short period.

They are actually more of a threat to muslims than any other group, the Kurds (95% muslim), Shia's (muslims), Yazidis and moderate Sunni Arabs (who they have labelled Apostates) make up 97% of their victims.

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2014
Fash20:
Wanna wake up one day to see all mankind smiling to hug each other in pure love devoid of fatal suspision of who really is serving the geniune father of all creations- the Almighty.
But how can this ever be when am already branded as an infidel cos I refuse to kiss and face kaaba in Mecca while I blast my forehead 5 times on the ground daily?
How can this ever be when my neck is meant for the knife cos I detest one allah who equally does not recognise my faith on the death and resurrection of Jesus my Lord?
These are facts of the Quran-the main problem of humanity today. Yes the quran gives the inspiration to bokoharam, taliban, alqaeda,alshabab, and ISIS. Face it man!

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by Fash20: 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
TRASH
ZKOSOSO:

Wanna wake up one day to see all mankind smiling to hug each other in pure love devoid of fatal suspision of who really is serving the geniune father of all creations- the Almighty.
But how can this ever be when am already branded as an infidel cos I refuse to kiss and face kaaba in Mecca while I blast my forehead 5 times on the ground daily?
How can this ever be when my neck is meant for the knife cos I detest one allah who equally does not recognise my faith on the death and resurrection of Jesus my Lord?
These are facts of the Quran-the main problem of humanity today. Yes the quran gives the inspiration to bokoharam, taliban, alqaeda,alshabab, and ISIS. Face it man!

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by paranorman(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
wanimo:
the part that's got me attention is the IS foreign fighters.. Are these fighters(foreign) that left their home countries blood citizens of their home countries or just non-natives with citizenships or so?
For example, a full blooded american fighting for IS?
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by paranorman(m): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Funpeter:
abeg, make i hold ground for Naija.. Bokoharam don do us..
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by wanimo: 6:07am On Oct 31, 2014
paranorman:

the part that's got me attention is the IS foreign fighters.. Are these fighters(foreign) that left their home countries blood citizens of their home countries or just non-natives with citizenships or so?
For example, a full blooded american fighting for IS?
yes full bloodded Europeans and American citizens travel thousands of miles to go join and fight for IS. Most of these foreign. Fighter are not in support of the dastardly acts of their government hence their going to. Join IS.

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by dotna(m): 6:14am On Oct 31, 2014
They are a case. No one can find their financial sponsors.
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by tijjanioyan: 6:36am On Oct 31, 2014
ZKOSOSO:

wen d wise talk fool like u should keep ur stinking mouth shut

1 Like

Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by seagulsntrawler: 7:45am On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=dotna post=27598833]They are a case. No one can find their financial sponsors.[/quote

Read this article to know who their sponsors are. Also, to know that their actions has nothing to do with what is in the quran. ISIS is an acronym for israeli security intelligence service and is the name of an ancient egyptian/babylonian goddess.

www.vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/isis-cia-creation-justify-war-abroad-repression-home/
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by NagodeAllah1(m): 7:49am On Oct 31, 2014
femmy2010:

You are right that USA did not make Daesh / ISIS, but Daesh is not from the Taliban. ISIS was a Al Qaeda group. Like Al Shabab. AQ removed IS. Jabhah Nushrah (Victory Front) is AQ in Syria. ISIS later declared it is a Khilafa, so became Islamic State.

Separate, Jamaat Ahl al-Sunnah li Da'wah wa-l-Jihad (Boko Haram) is not an official AQ group. Amir Imam Abu Bakr Shekau in a video declared claimed territory as a separate Islamic state, but JASDJ is not "part" of IS.

smiley
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by seagulsntrawler: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2014
wanimo:
yes full bloodded Europeans and American citizens travel thousands of miles to go join and fight for IS. Most of these foreign. Fighter are not in support of the dastardly acts of their government hence their going to. Join IS.

You don't need to take all the talk of foreign fighters too serious cos they are planted there by the western governments so as to justify repression of citizens rights, back at home.
If you have been following the recent events in Canada you will understand that part of the script being played out.
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by seagulsntrawler: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2014
NagodeAllah1:

You are right that USA did not make Daesh / ISIS, but Daesh is not from the Taliban. ISIS was a Al Qaeda group. Like Al Shabab. AQ removed IS. Jabhah Nushrah (Victory Front) is AQ in Syria. ISIS later declared it is a Khilafa, so became Islamic State.

Separate, Jamaat Ahl al-Sunnah li Da'wah wa-l-Jihad (Boko Haram) is not an official AQ group. Amir Imam Abu Bakr Shekau in a video declared claimed territory as a separate Islamic state, but JASDJ is not "part" of IS.

smiley

If it is not a US\Israeli creation, where did they get all the hi-tech weapons, vehicles, and high quality video production techniques from? Even the talibans are not that sophisticated in their approach.
Re: About ISIS War In The Middle East by NagodeAllah1(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2014
seagulsntrawler:

If it is not a US\Israeli creation, where did they get all the hi-tech weapons, vehicles, and high quality video production techniques from? Even the talibans are not that sophisticated in their approach.

IS has about 2 billion USD in run money from things like oil (2 million USD a day in revenue) and private sources. Much of the military equipment was gained in battle.

The taliban is a separate group and not part of AQ or IS. They are mujahideen in Afghanistan and they have videos, magazine, etc. They do not do foreign recruitment like IS so do not have same need.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Meets Burkinaso Troops (pic) / President Jonathan And Patience On War Path Over Dickson? / Port Harcourt Is Calm, I've Just Been Accredited. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.