Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court (19273 Views)

Pictures From PDP Grand Finale Campaign In Lokoja, Kogi State. Atiku Spotted / Comparison: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Tell People From Their Own Regions Who To Vote / Presidential Election: The Real Number Of Votes I Scored In Each State – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Omookunnimi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2023
Please what special status do they want to accord FCT that will make it vote to determine the winner of presidential election? Does that means if a candidate win all 36states and fail to get 25% of total votes cast in FCT, that candidate can't be declared winner. I don't get it. If you said FCT is special and president decided increase the salary of federal civil servants in Abuja only by 100% while neglect other sates, what will you think or say? Are the residents of Abuja get 4heads with 4legs and 4hands that warrant their votes to be so special? I still don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by gigabyte13: 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2023
Dis Senior and Junior GBAJUES are just deceiving themselves.....
I thought the children of GBAJUES said they have sound and intelligent lawyers....?
So na dis kind case Dem wan carry enter supreme Court again..... ?
Dem just gather
Senior
Advocate of
No_evidence
As Lawyers

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by hammerFC: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
complexstuffs:

I am a resident of Abuja and I find it laughable that Obi and Atiku want to make us special and superior to other Nigerians grin

YOUR NOT, 25% FOR A PRESIDENT IS A SMALL ASK.

THEY DID NOT SAY, WIN ABUJA, JUST GET SOME VOTES THERE, THAT GIVES YOUR PARTY VISIBILITY.

IT IS ONLY A PROBLEM, WHEN A CANDIDATE COMMITS FRAUD.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by ValarDoharis: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
You already gave them special status by saying they can never be governors or lawmakers like other citizens!
HydraFeeds:
It’s common sense that Abuja residents don’t have four heads . It’s not done anywhere in the world not even from people we copy our democracy from .

Disgruntled elements are just trying to grab straws .
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by naija4life247: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
complexstuffs:

I am a resident of Abuja and I find it laughable that Obi and Atiku want to make us special and superior to other Nigerians grin

That means Lagos, Calabar and Lokoja which were formerly Nigeria's capitals should also be special
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by hammerFC: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
TINUBU RIGGING WAS LAST MINUTE AND THAT IS WHY, HE IS UPSET WITH BUHARI.

IF BUHARI AGREED, THEY WOULD HAVE PLANNED IT PROPERLY AND ADD THE 25% FCT.

THAT 25% IS THE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW OF NIGERIA AND TINUBU DID NOT MAKE IT.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by MT: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
NotProphet:

u are bringing emotions into a simple question i ask u grin

nawa o

which one is u guys again cool

I was not bringing emotion, I was trying to interpret in a layman's language the words of the honourable Justices.

Obi and Atiku are boxing shadows. As usual, It is a matter of time before you start swearing at the Supreme Court Justices.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Christistruth00: 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
hammerFC:

DEM NO FLOG U AS A CHILD.

U COME MUMU AS ADULT

hammerFC:

A LIE YOU TELL YOURSELF REGULARLY BECOMES THE TRUTH.

KEEP LIEING TO YOURSELF, OLD MAN.

HELL FIRE WILL TEACH U.

If you were brought up properly
nobody would need to teach you that all Nigerian voters are equal,

You would have known that already

It is the Osu Caste System Mentality that made you think the Abuja voters are the Superior Master Race and other Nigerians are untouchable Outcasts

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by hammerFC: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2023
Christistruth00:

If you were brought up properly
nobody would need to teach you that all Nigerian voters are equal,

You would have known that already

A LIE YOU TELL YOURSELF REGULARLY BECOMES THE TRUTH.

KEEP LIEING TO YOURSELF, OLD MAN.

HELL FIRE WILL TEACH U.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2023
yarimo:
And Abuja votes are not special than other states
You're not a serious human being. What happened at the tribunal will befall all those who supported that miscarriage of justice.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by DeShineShine(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
Ofo, ojo keji oja... Labour in vain...
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by NotProphet: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
MT:

I was not bringing emotion, I was trying to interpret in a layman's language the words of the honourable Justices.

Obi and Atiku are boxing shadows. As usual, It is a matter of time before you start swearing at the Supreme Court Justices.
lolz
just dey play

we are waiting for them
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by MatrixCircle: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
Righthussle:
I am totally against giving special status to FCT. In our various states, I want to ask, do we need to win the capital to become governor? Come on.

If it's stated in the State constitution then it's mandatory to win the state capital. But it's not in your state constitution. It's in the constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria that 25% FCT is mandatory. If the President of the federal Republic of Nigeria should govern from FCT and the vice as deputy governor, is it not mandatory to win the state you have to govern ? Yes if FCT is now 37th state then the governor as President didn't win election in his State and should not be returned as governor.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by MT: 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2023
NotProphet:

lolz
just dey play

we are waiting for them

The truth stares you hard in the face, and even you know what the outcome will be deep in your soul.

We will soon know who is playing...tik tok tik tok
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by hammerFC: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
TINUBU COULD NOT WIN LAGOS

TINUBU COULD NOT WIN KANO

TINUBU COULD NOT WIN OSUN HIS HOME STATE.

TINUBU DID NOT WIN ABUJA .

TINUBU WITH WIKE HELP RIGGED RIVERS STATE TO STEAL OBI VOTE AND STOP HIM WINNING.

NOW, HE WANT TO RAPE THE CONSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENT OF 25% FCT.

THAT 25% IS EVIDENCE THAT COMMITTING ELECTORAL FRAUD IS NOT EASY AS THAT IS SET TO STOP TINUBU IN HIS TRACK.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by JuicyStar: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
No be Obi own dey vex me. Shey Atiku get 25% percent for Abuja? Secondly, he first t even have the required two third spread in 36 states. Obi on his part does not even have the required spread. At the end of the day, I feel both of them’s major aim is for the entire election to be nullified and a rerun should be ordered so they can team up and knack Tinubu akpako.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by paskal16: 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
Waste of time Ebola has bought the judiciary
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Georgejeez: 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Then how come you are not against Abuja not having a governor?
How come you are not against Abuja only having one senator and no HOR member?
How come you are not against Abuja not have a House of Assembly, just like every other state?

You accept instances where Abuja indigenes are loosing out to the other states, and want to muscle into the only area where they are gaining.

Then let all Candidates campaign in and rely only on Abuja votes to be declared the President .
Since winning all the 36 states but not making 25 percent in Abuja can't make INEC declare a Candidate the winner ,let all of us just pack ourselves to register for our PVC in Abjuja and vote there on Election day ..

Hope you hear how it sounds ?

In your biased and unreasonable mind , shei that's what those who Framed the Constitution intended ?

While God rested on the 7th day , the Devil rushed and created Obidients but forgot to put brains in their empty skull .

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by KEVIND: 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2023
Righthussle:
I am totally against giving special status to FCT. In our various states, I want to ask, do we need to win the capital to become governor? Come on.
having 25% is not a win in FCT
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by hammerFC: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
paskal16:
Waste of time Ebola has bought the judiciary

WHETHER HE BUY JUDICIARY OR NOT, ONE THING IS THE CASE WILL REACH THERE AND LET THEM TELL THE WHOLE WORLD, WHAT A CRIMINAL ENETERPRISE THAT IS NIGERIA.

THE ARMY WILL STILL FLOG ALL OF THEM LAST, LAST, PLUS WATERY BEANS.

TINUBU JUST LIKE ABIOLA WILL SPEND HIS LAST DAYS IN PRISON.

THIS IS A MOVIE, KEEP WATCHING AND MARK THIS POST.

THEY ARE DIGGING THEIR OWN GRAVE.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by onuman: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
There are two mentions of Abuja regarding election and administration in the constitution.
One mention talks about election and stipulates that a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in Abuja FCT before declared winner.
The other mention is for administration and says that Abuja shall be treated like any other state in administration in Nigeria.
Tinubu/APC-appointed judges chose the mention of Abuja FCT in administration matters to declare Abuja FCT as the 37th state of Nigeria, but ignored the mention on election where the constitution clearly said that a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in Abuja FCT before declared winner of a presidential election.
Abuja FCT as the 37th state of Nigeria and should be treated like every other state in Nigeria, is only in the minds of Tinubu/APC-appointed judges.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by zoedew: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
Waste of time. Their Lordships of the first instance were very explicit in their unanimous decision. Two months from now we will see how it turns out!
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Georgejeez: 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
Righthussle:

So is it a must to score 25% of votes cast in Uyo for a candidate to win the GOVERNORSHIP election in Akwa Ibom ?

Valid question 😂 ,, he will still find a way to change the narrative ,,,, now I know why the PEPT Judges were using their Lawyers to catch cruise on that judgement day ..

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Majesty7: 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
Bobloco:
•Say 25% in FCT mandatory
•Ask apex court to nullify Tinubu’s victory
•Insist PEPC judgement perverse, miscarriage of justice
•INEC didn’t transmit results electronically
•Why we’re at S-Court — LP

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/presidential-poll-abuja-cant-be-37th-state-atiku-obi-tell-supreme-court/amp/

Do we really need to know? Who cares? Obidients should only be briefed about this development maybe on their WhatsApp. No other sane human cares. Stop disturbing us with loser's post

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by newnigerdelta00: 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
Jostoman:
Na nonsense judgement those judges gave that day.

Then give your own judgement na, owner never see anything
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by 8stargeneral: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
So,we now have 37 States and capitals since abuja is a state

Anybody that's causing propaganda in this country will die shamelessly especially our judges,Na God go punish all of una..

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by HydraFeeds(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You already gave them special status by saying they can never be governors or lawmakers like other citizens!
the President and the NASS do that for them .

If the president that will governs them need 25% from them then the NASS that makes their laws need 25% as well .

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by onuman: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
Righthussle:

So is it a must to score 25% of votes cast in Uyo for a candidate to win the GOVERNORSHIP election in Akwa Ibom ?
Uyo is not the Federal Capital territory of Nigeria.
A president of Nigeria also governs Abuja FCT; that's why the framers of the constitution stated clearly that a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in Abuja FCT before declared winner.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by OfoIgbo: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
Georgejeez:

Then let all Candidates campaign in and rely only on Abuja votes to be declared the President .
Since winning all the 36 states but not making 25 percent in Abuja can't make INEC declare a Candidate the winner ,let all of us just pack ourselves to register for our PVC in Abjuja and vote there on Election day ..

Hope you hear how it sounds ?

In your biased and unreasonable mind , shei that's what those who Framed the Constitution intended ?

While God rested on the 7th day , the Devil rushed and created Obidients but forgot to put brains in their empty skull .

You cannot win the election by only gettin 25% of Abj votes. You must also get 25% of votes from 2/3 of the states.
So your scenario is completely flawed
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by occfx: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
Righthussle:
I am totally against giving special status to FCT. In our various states, I want to ask, do we need to score 25% of the votes in the capital to become governor? Come on.

The same cabals put that law in the constitution in 1999 because, they were sure it was for there own good now the table turned, they want to avoid it.
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by ValarDoharis: 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
You're disagreeing and agreeing at the same time.

I said residents of Abuja can never be governors or lawmakers like people of other states. Does that not make them special like special needs children?

Imagine you're from the FCT, whatever ambition you have of becoming governor should be buried because you don't have two heads according to batists
HydraFeeds:
the President and the NASS do that for them .

If the president that will governs them need 25% from them then the NASS that makes their laws need 25% as well .
Re: Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court by Jonjam269: 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
Exercise in futulity, lawyes are catching out big time from obingo and Dubia landlord. Nothing will come out of this at the end rather another gnashing of teeth and wailing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns / ‘Don’t Panic’; Air Force Begins Training For Aerial Displays In Abuja. Photos / Sanusi: Incompetent Leadership, Nepotism Fuelling Corruption In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.