Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? (3960 Views)

Protest in Uniport Teaching Hospital today due to the death of a student / Photo Of The Deplorable State Of The UNIPORT Teaching Hospital / Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? by Engineer96(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2011
My wife was ill and so she went to ESUT teaching hospital at Parlane, Enugu to see a doctor. The doctor referred her to the hospital's lab where she paid and obtained a receipt and blood was taken for the said test. Two days later, she went to the lab for the result. Lo and behold, it could not be found at the laboratory department of the hospital. After searching for the result without seeing it, she was told to go to the bank, make another payment and have the test repeated but I have lost confidence in the result. How reliable will the result be? Should the new result be reliable at all? Can the doctor draw a reliable inference from the result and arrive at a valid conclusion? Do I sue the hospital for negligence? Should I allow my wife to pay again for their error? Shouldn't parklane be sanctioned for this silly mistake that borders on human life?? Your kind advise will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? by Odunnu: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2011
What a shame!
I'll advice you to take your wife to a private hospital like Annunciation, St Mary, Peenok, and get good medical attention, but if you insist on a govt owned facility, go to UNTH, they are very sane there. Parklane has never been an option to me
Re: Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? by doctokwus: 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2011
D part I hate is she being told to pay for a repeat of d test,its callous.I bet if u take it higher up somepeople will stat getting jittery,bc its possible that its a laxity that has bn ongoing w/o people at d top being aware or anybody being punished 4it.
With regards to d test itself,it may no longer gv d true situation of her health status when she originally presnted particularly if she was started on drugs after her first presentation in d clinic.
Suing d hosp?On what,is not as if a fatal error was made,jst tke it higher up,so that it becomes known,people sanctioned,corrections made,so that next time it won't actually b a life being lost due to negligence
Re: Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? by Engineer96(m): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate them so much.
Re: Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? by Nymphnode(m): 3:02am On Oct 20, 2011
How much would it cost to sue an hospital and how much does the new test cost
Re: Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? by freecocoa(f): 4:12am On Oct 20, 2011
Nymph node:

How much would it cost to sue an hospital and how much does the new test cost
Its not about the money,he's talking about their negligence and incompetence. Try to be objective.
Re: Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 20, 2011
Odunnu:

What a shame!
I'll advice you to take your wife to a private hospital like Annunciation, St Mary, Peenok, and get good medical attention, but if you insist on a govt owned facility, go to UNTH, they are very sane there. Parklane has never been an option to me
Well said. Take her to a private hospital, although sueing for neglience is not a bad idea, but i wont advice it.
Re: Blunder At ESUT Teaching Hospital: What's Your Advice? by DExplorer1: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Melt The Stomach Fat And Shrink Your Waist With This Recipe / How Long Does It Take Periactin To Start Showing It's Effect On The Body / Have U Ever Been Able To Loose Belly Fat Successfully,please Share Your Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.