Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor (23538 Views)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Makes First Appointments As Governor / Lagos Guber Tribunal: US Immigration Lawyer Testifies Against Deputy Governor / Lucky Aiyedatiwa, Ondo Deputy Governor Moves Against Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by BoldBrainz(m): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
alfredilly:

Tell me how the deputy deserve and impeachment while the governor does not. This man sell the state asset without any reasonable project; he spent months abroad on sick bed without handing over to his vice and his son has perpetually usurped the deputy governors powers while his wife dictate authority in the state.

Akeredolu travelled abroad without handing over to his deputy?

Are you sure you've been reading the same news like all of us? Cause Aketi officially transmitted power to his deputy through the state assembly before going on his medical trip.

Whatever other issues of governance there are in his administration, are left for the state's judicial arm to follow up on. But every sane mind knows Aiyedatiwa's impeachment is well deserved.

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Validated: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2023
Georgry:

Shut the fvck up, una dey talk nonsense, if you were a Governor and your deputy did that shiit to you how will you react?

What exactly is the shit he did?

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by rosamaris: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2023
Why are deputy governors having issues with their oga recently nau?
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2023
MT:

The battle of two father Xmas.

Ondo indigenes the losers, the docile, bribed state house of assembly the winner.

Is this how to practice democracy?

Phahahahahahahahaha

You are funny. I don laugh tiya!
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Nonexisting: 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
CilicMarin:
Nigerian politicians are useless...Why impeaching your deputy because he has ambition?
Hehehe. The shege done dey reach everybody las las.

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by BoldBrainz(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2023
CilicMarin:

And then? Was he an appointee of the governor?

In a manner of speaking, yes he was.

If Akeredolu had not "picked" him as a running mate, he'd never have smelled the government house. What status he enjoys in Ondo state currently, is a direct consequence of Akeredolu's political benevolence. Ondo people did not elect Aiyedatiwa, they elected Akeredolu.

So he should take his treacherous and disloyal ass elsewhere! Nothing is as repulsive as a man who doesn't recognise the value of loyalty.

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by XY23: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
naija4life247:

That's the difference between a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and the goat ruling Edo who studied a similarly useless course like Giringori Obituary. Ugly Obaseki studied Classics. That's even worse than Philosophy that Obituary studied

Of course, the sophisticated lawlessness and political debauchery can only be celebrated by fools in a failed society. Show me any civilized society where this level of pettiness holds sway. Senior Advocate of Nonsense. Nigerians and servitude. SMH

1 Like

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Judolisco(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
D deputy governor should follow d deputy governor of edo approach
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by fergie001: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2023
garfield1:

It is over.what he couldn't do against agboola.by the time the courts rule,election must have held
Hahahaha, you see that Obaseki is a thorough gentleman.

Shaibu is a lucky man.

I endorse the impeachment of Aiyedatiwa.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by bolademi(m): 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE: Nifemi Oguntoye

Akeredolu hasn’t done anything meaningful in Ondo State

1 Like

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by 2mch(m): 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2023
Is it not Akeredolu that should be stepping down or getting impeached? See a terminally ill person still fighting over money and power!!!

What wrong did Aiyedatiwa do? Why are they impeaching a healthy man for one that is terminally Ill and should be forced to resign? Abuse of what office? Because he refused Akeredolu’s aides from running the state, stealing it blind and making Aiyedatiwa a useless deputy Governor?

1 Like

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by OTOBLUZY: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
Why are some people selfish in their thinking...
Did he not have the right to pursue is personal ambition?
This same man that is initiating impeachment have hold the state to ransom all through this year without meaningful governance...
He has been sick for all most this year he was not impeached.
Now they want to impeach Aiyedatiwa because he want to pursue his ambition.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by alfredilly: 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Akeredolu travelled abroad without handing over to his deputy?

Are you sure you've been reading the same news like all of us? Cause Aketi officially transmitted power to his deputy through the state assembly before going on his medical trip.

Whatever other issues of governance there are in his administration, are left for the state's judicial arm to follow up on. But every sane mind knows Aiyedatiwa's impeachment is well deserved.

He was out without conveying power. It only came after much criticism. Beside, Aiyedatiwa has been loyal in his absence

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by BoldBrainz(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2023
alfredilly:

He was out without conveying power. It only came after much criticism. Beside, Aiyedatiwa has been loyal in his absence

😂.

I honestly don't know what to say to you cause even from majority of other comments on this thread, you'll understand that we've all been reading the same details in the news. So I don't know what to make of your own submission.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by BabaRamota1980: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
Many respondents on this thread are paid agents of Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu.

This deputy mumu. He was told much earlier to take over govt and act like he got balls, but he was too timid. He allowed proxies to push him aside and rule Ondo in Gov absence. Same proxies are at play here defending Akeredolu.

There was a Gov of Enugu, i think his name was Sylannus or something like that, under GEJ, that camped abroad for over 6mos, yet did not step down and returned to continue. In his absence, proxies pushed deputy aside and governed the State. Same has happened in Ondo.

Out of all SW States, Ondo is the only one mis-managed. About 2 yrs or so ago this Gov Akeredolu was camped in Abuja for months, they could not find him. When he returned home they threw a statewide welcome party for the goon. Can you imagine! Welcome party for Gov just for going to Abuja and back. grin

Gov camped abroad for months, now he is back in Naija and continued camping in Oyo. Next will be Abuja. When we warn you Egins in Ondo not to renew Akeredolu una no listen.

Betty Anyanwu was rejected in her own home state from representing Ibo, but she is ruling una State like personal property. There was controversy about a newly created LCDA in Ondo, and Ibo was made Chairman. Under Akeredolu, Ibo had taken over.

I pity Ondo people, una mumu too much.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Bfly: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
The dude couldn't handle power for just three months.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Charly68: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
The DG didn't know his boss is a Capone..never outshine the master of you don't want to lose your position. I pity the man and his overzealous followers. Instead of taking things cool ,he messed it up .
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by masseratti: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
BoldBrainz:

After impeachment he should be sued and charged to court for offences bothering on misappropriation of public funds, that way he'll spend the next 2years sleeping in court houses.

Next time he won't be stupid enough to betray trust reposed in him..😂.

I hate disloyal motherfvckers!
what exactly did the man do.. I really don't like the way people are impeached with those words gross misconduct... Can they explain the misconduct? Ẹ no get name?

1 Like

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Bringbackmandat: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
You see the kind of democracy Nigeria is practicing abi.
The house of assembly members are just been control like fools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Popesuccess(m): 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
Pakute:
Little wonder Akeredolu doesn't want to go back to Ondo, he doesn't want to see him again face to face.
Behaving as if your boss won't make it back alive, O wrong nau.
Very bad and wicked.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Bringbackmandat: 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I like how Rotimi Akeredolu has opted to handle this matter. No public and indecent display of animosity. Aiyedatiwa can go pursue his governorship ambition on another party platform.
some of you are illiterates I swear. Is this how democracy is supposed to be. Are you not watching other develop democracy?
As a deputy governor, Is it a crime to contest? This is the same way Osinbajo was insulted just because he exercise his right.
Every Nigerian has the right to vote and be voted for.

1 Like

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by famology(m): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
Otilo
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by membranus: 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
Appletek:

When he is impeached, carry am go your state make am Governor.

What's your own, why are you carrying Akeredolu's matter here on your head with vindictiveness?

Are you his agent here on Nairaland? You must be supping from Akeredolu's table with all the vendetta you are displaying on all quotes. Please take it easy, your oga is just another human with massive faults of his own. His and your time in Ondo State will soon become history.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by siant: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nigerian states' Governors are evil, both past and present. Why are they fond of impeaching their deputies? They always treat them like shit. They don't trust them, they always in suspicious of them. Only a few of them give them chance and support to progress in their political career by succeeding them. Eg Ayodele Fayose wanted his deputy, Eleka to succeed him.

Since 1999, almost every governor has used his rubber stamp legislators to impeach his deputy. Starting from tifnubu, in his 8 years as governor, he had 3 deputies. In 2007, when he had less than 3 months to leave office, Femi Pedro, his deputy resigned when there was an indication that he would be impeached. They still went ahead to impeach somebody who was already resigned (Those silly guys still impeached a vacant office) .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by membranus: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
I lives in Akure, Akeredolu is at best a low rated performer. Nothing spectacular about the state development in this his outgoing tenure:
>Akure,the capital city is dirty,
>no working traffic control system,
> no single overhead bridge, even though the capital city needs at least 3.
>the youths are suffering, no work. No major employment opportunities offered them since he came in,
>major road projects undertaken by him are yet to be finished after 3 to 4 years after,
>disruption in the major highway by placing huge dividers on the road,
>the state secretariat dilapidated,
>no economic advancement experienced by the civil servants under him,
>empowerment of his political cronies to loot the state, his wife and son being the chief looters.

Mimiko, another master looter, was a bit better than him in erecting legacy infrastructures.

And unfortunately, the state has no hope of a better governor after his term ends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by Bringbackmandat: 8:52pm On Sep 20, 2023
Someone that they just recharge his battery is fighting for power. That battery will run down again.
My problem is the state assemblies members, they don't have a say, they just like slaves, anywhere the governor want them to go they will go like zombie.
In a real democracy the assembly members are supposed to control the government and ensure that the right thing is done but in Nigeria the governor is like king Kong.
Anyways I just remembered that Nigeria is not practicing democracy, they are only practicing civil rule.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by OlujobaSamuel: 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
some of you are illiterates I swear. Is this how democracy is supposed to be. Are you not watching other develop democracy?
As a deputy governor, Is it a crime to contest? This is the same way Osinbajo was insulted just because he exercise his right.
The issue with the DG isn't contesting, he was alleged to be mobilizing the executive council to declare the gov unfit, house should impeach the gov, plant media stories that the gov is in vegetative state, etc, all stories pointed at him, and none was refuted by his team or him, the only time he commented on any of the story was him saying he has full capacity to act as the gov.
If he had gotten sufficient number of the executive council or house on his side, he would have impeached the gov, but most were loyal to the gov, so they are ready to remove (impeach) him for his actions
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by BoldBrainz(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Bringbackmandat:

You can express your opinions without being saucy and disrespectful.

Aiyedatiwa is not being impeached for wanting to contest. He is being impeached for attempting to instigate "political mutiny". Even in the naval circles, the punishment for mutineers is severe enough to include death. If he had pushed his intentions to assume the governorship role to his boss after the expiration of this tenure, I'm totally positive Akeredolu would have endorsed and given him optimal support. But using his absence as a yardstick to scheme against his boss, is an unacceptable phenomenon even in political circles.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by BoldBrainz(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2023
masseratti:
what exactly did the man do.. I really don't like the way people are impeached with those words gross misconduct... Can they explain the misconduct? Ẹ no get name?

No vex, make I finish my beer and this Man United match, I'll come modify this comment and give you a proper response.
Re: Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor by jamesversion: 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2023
Racoon:
In so much that the deputy governor was usurping and denigrating the person of Arakurin Rotimi Akeredolu, the governor should know that God spared his life from his health ordeals for a reason.

Ofcourse, to show him the true color of Lucky. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Money Always Missing Under Buhari? - Pastor Olumide Akinrinlola / Umahi’s Defection: PDP Dodges Zoning As APC Woos Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Obiano / Naira Redesign: Atiku Is Nigeria's Number One Public Enemy - Tinubu Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.