Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) (1685 Views)

Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Woman Unknowingly Hired Policemen As Hit-men To Kill Her Husband / I Feel Betrayed By My Wife. : What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) by Flawless(f): 11:33pm On Oct 18, 2011
Emeka and his wife Ada have been living in a supposedly rented duplex in VI for the past ten years. He just recently discovered that for the past 10 yrs, the house they had been living in belonged to his wife and they had been paying rent to an agent with normal yearly increases and the money goes to Ada. What would u do if u were in Emeka's shoes?,
Re: Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) by Jenifa1: 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2011
lol @ Emeka and Ada. what a couple.  grin
he should ask for refund. hopefully he's keeping the receipts.

1 Like

Re: Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) by coogar: 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2011
Flawless:

Emeka and his wife Ada have been living in a supposedly rented duplex in VI for the past ten years. He just recently discovered that for the past 10 yrs, the house they had been living in belonged to his wife and they had been paying rent to an agent with normal yearly increases and the money goes to Ada. What would u do if u were in Emeka's shoes?,

nothing!

but i hope to the cross she's saved that money and she can account for every penny i have paid to her rogue agent
failing that - a civil war is imminent. i am leading my entire family to her father's house for some kicking n slapping practise.
Re: Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) by Outstrip(f): 12:01am On Oct 19, 2011
She is a devil. Well we don't know the true story. Maybe Emeka did something in the past. You know in Nigeria people don't work on issues they ust do someting behind your back
Re: Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 19, 2011
i would be mad at the deceit but i would understand her actions fully.

reminds me of a friend of mine, his gf wanted to move in with him but she REFUSED to pay her share of the rent because the house was his (although there was a mortgage to be repaid). she ended up renting her own place elsewhere, which sounds crazy to him and me that she preferred to give her money to some stranger rather than helping her supposed bf to pay his mortgage. some women and their way of thinking sha!!!
Re: Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) by Outstrip(f): 2:41am On Oct 19, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

i would be mad at the deceit but i would understand her actions fully.

reminds me of a friend of mine, his gf wanted to move in with him but she REFUSED to pay her share of the rent because the house was his (although there was a mortgage to be repaid). she ended up renting her own place elsewhere, which sounds crazy to him and me that she preferred to give her money to some stranger rather than helping her supposed bf to pay his mortgage. some women and their way of thinking sha!!!

Okay this one is a little different. I personally don't feel that she should pay rent when she is living with him. if they were married I would say put it in both their names. Most importantly I seriously doubt that it was her sole idea to move in with your friend. There is selfishness on both parts not just the girlfriend. For this Nigerian couple though there is a whole lot more. We have heard of men dying and living nothing behind. It could have been security for the woman. Maybe she felt God forbids something happens to the man then family would not even look at the property as theirs. In a normal world I would say this is serious grounds for rethinking how the relationship works but in Nigeria things are not always black and white. There are obviously serious trust and respect issues in this marriage
Re: Unknowingly Paying Rent To Your Wife (what Will You Do?) by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 20, 2011
sista outstrip
i seriously dont see where the problem is in my friends story, please care to explain that one to me?
most people who pay rent in this world, are repaying someone's mortgage, that's no rocket science so why is it a problem if she is repaying her bf's home?!

they decided that she should move in since they were getting stronger in their r/ship. the guy had his own house while she was paying rent in some other place. so if she moved in, you are saying that she should not contribute towards the "rent"?! not pay her share of the "rent"?! whether it is my friend's house or not it is irrelevant because whoever she gives money to, it is to repay their mortgage, so why not helping her bf. that girl went and rented a place where she paid the full rent (aka repaid some white man's mortgage) while she could have paid half and live with her bf.

the only reason i can come up for such strange behavior is resentment/bitterness/jealousy towards her bf because he was wise enough to invest in a house. so far as i know, nobody in this world lives in house for free, unless it's their own home or their papa/mama's home.

(1) (Reply)

Good Evening Daddy(wahala Dey Oo) / The Twin Sisters Who Share A HUSBAND (and He’s Also Married To Their Cousin) / This Man Needs Your Help - Viewers Discretion Is Advised!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.