Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan (29762 Views)

Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) / Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses / Trailer Carrying Diesel Sinks In Owerri As A Newly Constructed Road Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
SANWO OLU IS BUSY TALKATIVING INSTEAD OF GOING ROUND LAGOS TO CURE TERRIBLE ROADS THAT Lagos senators,House of reps membet,LG CHAIRMEN HAVE ABANDONED. angry

THIS PEOPLE LIVE IN CONFORT ZONES.
THERE SHOULD BE A STRONG LAW MANDATING PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS TO TREK FOR ONE DAY EACH WEEK ON BAD ROADS IN NIGERIA.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by obinna58(m): 11:32am On Sep 21, 2023
Sirmuel1:
Let me derail a lil bit…

Firstly, I don’t like Mohbad, I don’t like Naira Marley, and I don’t know TF Sam Larry is.

I would like to say, that some Nigerians are very stupid People.

Going out to protest, insulting some people online and writing all sort of rubbish.

The label must have maltreated him in the past; this is normal in Nigeria. Most People tend to treat People bad, if they have the chance. (Women maltreat their maids, Some people maltreat their apprentice (making them do crazy jobs aside their normal duty), Ladies maltreat cab drivers, Politicians maltreat their aides etc)

This is a normal thing in Nigeria; and we have not been able to tackle that part.

My next point: Naira Marley is innocent until the court proves that he is guilty!!!!

You can’t just accuse someone because you saw videos or because of what you heard.

I have seen people making videos and calling Naira a killer; as if they caught him strangling the Boy.

NB: I’m not happy, and I’ll never defend anyone….but we should learn to push our emotions aside, so we can get justice.

You may be surprised when the real truth comes out.
Tulumbu have paid his internet warriors again for his drugs compatriot, associates and now they’re on rampage to shot in justice/injustice
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by EmmyMaestro(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2023
Could it be related to this meme

Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Wizardslayer: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2023
obembet:
I believe sanwo olu will look into it.

For those who always celebrate bad news about other regions, keep it up cos it region will remain backwards

Eko o ni bake.

Ile Yoruba o no baje

Are you done licking ronaldo hairy balls
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by AmazingELixir: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2023
lipsrsealed

Lagosians are terrible people oo....see how they're emptying their refuse inside the canals.

1 Like

Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Menclothing: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2023
See dirt everywhere they want clean city they pour dirt In drainage
My people perish because of lack of knowledge black man

Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by thaoriginator: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool What a mess!

Na around this place I go NACK ASHAWOO las week!

They need to do something about this flood of a thing abeg..

Make ASHAWOO hotels for that area no go increase price ooo.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
DAMN!

Who let the Boogie man out the cell cry

WEED smoking, W'HOES banging and DOPE slanging psychopath cry

DAMN!!!
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Chibuzoripob: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2023
sad if Baba TBJ dey now he for single-handedly fix it..RIP to him embarassed sad
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by njameso: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
What do you mean by Ikotun road collapse?
That very road has been gradually damaging by erosion and the people, Local government and all responsible authority turned blond eyes to it.

Now its worse and you all come here to support its the rain.

Abeggi. No body serious for this country.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Simeonjoe1: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
Xscape1993:
I thought they claimed to have made over #400bn as IGR for the 1Q of this year. Where is the money please? The dirtiest state in Nigeria.

Not enough
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by prophetfire: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
Bullet01:
Lagos and flooding are inseparable. Poor drainage system and obstructions in the water ways
You aren't serious. You are spreading fake news.
You must be an IPOB!
The Lagos that Tinubu built?
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Billyddude: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
People don dey complain about am even on radio before it collapsed, people still get mind dey do buying and selling close to that bridge now it don collapse kpata kpata
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Sirmuel1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
obinna58:

Tulumbu have paid his internet warriors again for his drugs compatriot, associates and now they’re on rampage to shot in justice/injustice

Try get sense Abeg.

Wetin concern me with Yoruba and Igbo people?
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Billyddude: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2023
njameso:
What do you mean by Ikotun road collapse?
That very road has been gradually damaging by erosion and the people, Local government and all responsible authority turned blond eyes to it.

Now its worse and you all come here to support its the rain.

Abeggi. No body serious for this country.

You are very correct
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by TheAlchemist: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2023
Result of shoddy road construction works.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Dshocker(m): 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
Sirmuel1:
Let me derail a lil bit…

Firstly, I don’t like Mohbad, I don’t like Naira Marley, and I don’t know TF Sam Larry is.

I would like to say, that some Nigerians are very stupid People.

Going out to protest, insulting some people online and writing all sort of rubbish.

The label must have maltreated him in the past; this is normal in Nigeria. Most People tend to treat People bad, if they have the chance. (Women maltreat their maids, Some people maltreat their apprentice (making them do crazy jobs aside their normal duty), Ladies maltreat cab drivers, Politicians maltreat their aides etc)

This is a normal thing in Nigeria; and we have not been able to tackle that part.

My next point: Naira Marley is innocent until the court proves that he is guilty!!!!

You can’t just accuse someone because you saw videos or because of what you heard.

I have seen people making videos and calling Naira a killer; as if they caught him strangling the Boy.

NB: I’m not happy, and I’ll never defend anyone….but we should learn to push our emotions aside, so we can get justice.

You may be surprised when the real truth comes out.

Seems you are Marley's spokesman...

Oga na jungle justice await him and Sam if dem enter street.

Even after 30yrs, street no go show dem mercy.

Make dem just denounce Nigeria and start afresh in another country.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Blitzking: 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2023
DesChyko:

https://punchng.com/lagos-road-collapses-after-downpour-residents-groan/?amp
as I keep speaking against bad leadership and lack of planning in the way structures are erected in this country coupled with the fact that we have very poor maintenance culture as a people..most Nigerians have this I don't care attitude about things not belonging to them. That's why we eat and throw nylon plastic..and all sort of waste product after using..u see ppl travelling after eating gala pr drinking coke tey fling the plastics tru the windows..market men and human sweep and pour the dirt inside the drainage system ppl covering up drainage with all sort of waste and you think when rain comes water won't find its level..Well dem no dey tell person cos na them go suffer am last last. The elites won't allow such in their neighbourhood na the ppl wey no get place to run when flood land their door go suffer am after all na them think say that small plastic of coke wey dem fling
for air go fly go refuse bin..u see why I say the country is sick from head to toe..mind u ppl wey suppose maintain no send una.

1 Like

Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Jestin: 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
Babathanks:

Guy, calm down 😉. Seems you guys are enjoying this tribal hate between igbos and Yoruba on social media lol?

You re sounding like a bigot bro. I am not from across the bridge either 😂
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by obinna58(m): 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2023
Sirmuel1:

Try get sense Abeg.

Wetin concern me with Yoruba and Igbo people?
Never fight an enemy/someone who just want to live, that’s why we have war crimes
Oppression reeks everyone

At initial stage you might win but in time you’ll get to know that you poisoned yourself

Marley may not have been involved in Mobad’s death but sure everyone is seeing he contributed to it.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by ayokellany: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2023
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Papayaayasager(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
I can't live in Lagos.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by omooba969(m): 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Nigeria is collapsing. Know this and have peace.

This I have seen.

Country wey don collapse since grin - anyways you be FalseProphet.

Abeg dish us another prophetic lamba joor! grin
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by DesChyko: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2023
Redoil:
Lagos state is generating 400 billion naira monthly and you want to go and fight yourself in CDA abi CDC meeting

To be honest, almost every community tries to be self-sufficient instead of relying on a government that only responds when it is time for elections. Most of this is achieved through the meetings.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Yujin(m): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2023
Xscape1993:
I thought they claimed to have made over #400bn as IGR for the 1Q of this year. Where is the money please? The dirtiest state in Nigeria.
The druggie python sitting in the rock of Aso swallowed it.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Johel(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Babathanks(m): 3:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
Jestin:

You re sounding like a bigot bro. I am not from across the bridge either 😂
Na una dy put oil inside the fire now😂. Once a Yoruba guy see your comment. Online banter and insult will start again between the two tribes
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by StephanieBr: 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
Packaging Mart: It's disheartening to hear about yet another road collapse, especially in the Ikotun area. This seems to be a recurring issue that urgently needs attention from both local authorities and relevant government agencies.

Firstly, I sympathize with the residents who are bearing the brunt of this situation. It's truly unfortunate that they have to go through this ordeal, and I hope that relief and assistance are provided promptly.

However, addressing this problem requires a multi-faceted approach.

Infrastructure Maintenance: The primary responsibility falls on the local government to ensure that roads are properly constructed and maintained. This includes regular inspections, repairs, and improvements to prevent such collapses, especially after heavy rains.

Drainage System: It's crucial to look at the drainage system in the area. Poor drainage can exacerbate road damage during heavy downpours. Authorities should invest in a robust drainage system that can handle heavy rainfall.

Community Involvement: Residents should also be actively involved in reporting road issues and advocating for their repair. Platforms like this forum can be useful for raising awareness and mobilizing support for the cause.

Government Accountability: We must hold our elected officials accountable for the allocation and utilization of funds designated for infrastructure development and maintenance.

Long-term Planning: It's high time we started thinking about sustainable solutions. Climate change is leading to more extreme weather events, so our infrastructure should be designed with resilience in mind. Get more info click here.

Lastly, I encourage everyone to document these incidents with photos and videos and share them with the appropriate authorities. Public pressure and evidence can go a long way in expediting the resolution of such issues.

Let's hope that the relevant authorities take swift action to address this problem and prevent it from happening again in the future.

Stay safe, Ikotun residents. We stand with you in demanding better infrastructure! From Packaging Mart
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Burruchaga71(m): 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2023
Is this Tinubu's Lagos or somewhere in northern Malawi?
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Kingbuhari(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2023
I thought they said only in East we get this kind of thing
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by Growing(m): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
That Saturday rain taught me lesson I don't want to share.
Re: Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan by SheyiFCA: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2023
]Holly Gram cool What a mess!

Na around this place I go NACK ASHAWOO las week!

They need to do something about this flood of a thing abeg..

Make ASHAWOO hotels for that area no go increase price ooo.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

DM me guy . I don stay Ejigbo b4. Make we roll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stranded Nigerians In Russia Are Back In Abuja (photo) / Fake Embassy Found In Lagos, Two Chinese Arrested (picture) / Nigerian College Of Aviation Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.