Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement (646 Views)

Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2023
Copied (not mine):
Anambra people seem to need a lesson on diplomacy and political correctness. A medical doctors advertisement from Anambra govt says only Anambra indigenes are eligible to apply. Another medical job advertisement from Kano says open to all applicants. Now, you wonder why in 2023 a highly professional position is being restricted to a particular locality. Even if Soludo and company prefer to hire only from Anambra, the diplomatic or politically correct thing would be to accept all applications but invite only Anambra applicants for interview. No one would know what they did because they can always claim they invited the best candidates. I'm sure the advertised Kano jobs will eventually be filled by Kano indigenes or other Muslims from the North. But no one can accuse Kano here of open discrimination.

There is no need openly discriminating against others in 2023. This is not so different from the recent electoral discrimination against Igbos in Lagos.

Many years ago when I was stlll in Nigeria I had applied for a federal government job in Lagos. The project was allocated to each state. I managed to meet with the Director of the agency in Ikeja through a contact. After a brief discussion he told me to apply for the job in my own state. But I lived in Lagos, not Abia. I was not hired for that position. But at least I was allowed to apply.

Discrimination is a problem in Nigeria. Sometimes, it is same people discriminating against themselves, worse so, openly. This must stop.

3 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by KnowAll(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2023
Adelaide2:
Copied:
Anambra people seem to need a lesson on diplomacy and political correctness. A medical doctors advertisement from Anambra govt says only Anambra indigenes are eligible to apply. Another medical job advertisement from Kano says open to all applicants. Now, you wonder why in 2023 a highly professional position is being restricted to a particular locality. Even if Soludo and company prefer to hire only from Anambra, the diplomatic or politically correct thing would be to accept all applications but invite only Anambra applicants for interview. No one would know what they did because they can always claim they invited the best candidates. I'm sure the advertised Kano jobs will eventually be filled by Kano indigenes or other Muslims from the North. But no one can accuse Kano here of open discrimination.

There is no need openly discriminating against others in 2023. This is not so different from the recent electoral discrimination against Igbos in Lagos.

Many years ago when I was in Nigeria I had applied for a federal government job in Lagos. The project was allocated to each state. I managed to meet with the Director of the agency in Ikeja through a contact. After a brief discussion he told me to apply for the job in my own state. But I lived in Lagos, not Abia. I was not hired for that position. But at least I was allowed to apply.

Discrimination is a problem in Nigeria. Sometimes it is same people discriminating against themselves, worse so, openly. This must stop.

The advert is an Afront to other Igbo’s from neighbouring states let alone Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2023
Spits...

TuEH to slaves and loonatics...

1 Like

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2023
KnowAll:

The advert is an Afront to other Igbo’s from neighbouring states let alone Nigerians.

Discrimination happens everywhere in NG. Tinubu is doing it big time as we speak. But unlike Anambra others are smart enough to make things open and still do what they want behind the scene. Anambra was very dumb in this case.
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by MS247: 8:23am On Sep 21, 2023
grin

When an Ibo man criticize you for something, be 100% sure he is guilty of that he is blaming you and just trying to use you to boost his ego

7 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2023
MS247:
grin

When an Ibo man criticize you for something, be 100% sure he is guilty of that he is blaming you and just trying to use you to boost his ego

The North is accusing Tinubu of nepotism. They are correct. But Buhari did same thing Tinubu is doing now and the North was happy with it. Stop bringing Igbo into this Nigeria-wide problem of discrimination. The article focused on Anambra that was dumb enough to do it openly.

3 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:39am On Sep 21, 2023
I concur. Leadership and governance is not by 1stclass or professorship.
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by MS247: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2023
Adelaide2:

The North is accusing Tinubu of nepotism. They are correct. But Buhari did same thing Tinubu is doing now. Stop bringing Igbo onto this. The article focused on Anambra.

Personally I don't care if Ibos hire only Ibo in their civil service, or Anambra sacks non indegene

My ruse is trying to hypocritically argue how Lagos run its own civil service

3 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 8:40am On Sep 21, 2023
MS247:

Personally I don't care if Ibos hire only Ibo in their civil service, or Anambra sacks non indegene

My ruse is trying to hypocritically argue how Lagos run its own civil service
You are definitely a tribalistic champion. Can't be discussing with you.

2 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by gidgiddy: 8:41am On Sep 21, 2023
Adelaide2:
Copied (not mine):

Many years ago when I was stlll in Nigeria I had applied for a federal government job in Lagos. The project was allocated to each state. I managed to meet with the Director of the agency in Ikeja through a contact. After a brief discussion he told me to apply for the job in my own state. But I lived in Lagos, not Abia. I was not hired for that position. But at least I was allowed to apply.

Discrimination is a problem in Nigeria. Sometimes, it is same people discriminating against themselves, worse so, openly. This must stop.

It is the prerogative of State government to hire who they like. Its not at State level that you cone to practice federal character, thats federal level

It could be that Kano wanted to attract the best and threw the application up for all. It could be that Anambra wanted its own people for the job

The point here is that it is Anambra State governments prerogative to hire from wherever they want to and it should not be an issue. Some State governments even hire from abroad

Its not at state level you practice federal character

2 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by legitnow1: 8:42am On Sep 21, 2023
WE GOT NO FUCCK TO GIVE
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by MS247: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2023
Adelaide2:

You are definitely a tribalistic champion. Can't be discussing with you.

Thanks I am a tribes man who love my people and Yoruba national ethnicity dearly

It's your business been a republican lovin' lords Lugards creation more than your own Ethnicity ingrained in your DNA, because of colonial brainwashing

1 Like

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by waynetee(m): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2023
They aren't that intelligent
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

It is the prerogative of State government to hire who they like. Its not at State level that you cone to practice federal character, thats federal level

It could be that Kano wanted to attract the best and threw the application up for all. It could be that Anambra wanted its own people for the job

The point here is that it is Anambra State governments prerogative to hire from wherever they want to and it should not be an issue. Some State governments even hire from abroad

You are not making sense. Anambra can hire only Anambra, of course. But why do you limit applicants to only Anambra when you can save yourself of being accused of discrimination by throwing the process open but behind the scene do what you like?
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Goodvibes007: 8:47am On Sep 21, 2023
Adelaide2:
Copied (not mine):

One of the many reasons why alot of us rejected Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by KnowAll(m): 8:47am On Sep 21, 2023
There are some professions discrimination does not make sense. Medical Doctor or even motor mechanic. Would you be asking a roadside mechanic not to touch your vechule when breakdown in d middle of no where whether he is Yoruba or Igbo. U want d man to get u going.

Same thing medical doctor.

2 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2023
MS247:

Thanks I am a tribes man who love my people and Yoruba national ethnicity dearly

It's your business been a republican lovin' lords Lugards creation more than your own Ethnicity ingrained in your DNA, because of colonial brainwashing

Oga shift.
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2023
Goodvibes007:

One of the many reasons why alot of us rejected Peter Obi.

But Tinubu is doing the same thing now. Lagos as a State did the same thing to the poster. Lagos as a State discriminated against Igbo voters. This is not an Obi or Tinubu or Buhari problem. It is a Nigerian problem
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by kingi777: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2023
The poster (Reno) of the 2 adverts cropped out the full information about Kano advert but displayed that of Anambra clearly for propaganda yet no one is countering that. The truth is that the Kano job is a federal teaching hospital job like UNTH or NAUTH in the East while that of Anambra is a state job (though would've been diplomatic by not putting restrictions which could be due to lack of exposure by the responsible person with other Nigerians). Some of us worked in northern Nigeria as medical personnel for years before quiting and that’s why they always have needs for willing qualified hands to work in different parts of the states especially the rural areas.
The poster (Reno) has vowed to use whatever means to attack the Igbos in retaliation to his perceived attack on himself and his family due to their different political leanings. So his postings is a means to blackmail the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by gidgiddy: 9:05am On Sep 21, 2023
Adelaide2:

You are not making sense. Anambra can hire only Anambra, of course. But why do you limit applicants to only Anambra when you can save yourself of being accused of discrimination by throwing the process open but behind the scene do what you like?

There is no discrimination here. Its like someone from Ghana saying that the federal government of Nigeria is discriminating against ECOWAS by not throwing up their job applications to all? Does federal government owe Ghana anything?

So why would Anambra State owe Abia, Kano or Ogun?

If Nigerians feel that states should practice federal character, they should change the constitution. But until then, Anambra State government owes nobody from outside the state nothing

2 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

There is no discrimination here. Its like someone from Ghana saying that the federal government of Nigeria is discriminating against ECOWAS by not throwing up their job applications to all? Does federal government owe Ghana anything?

So why would Anambra State owe Abia, Kano or Ogun?

If Nigerians feel that states should practice federal character, they should change the constitution. But until then, Anambra State government owes nobody from outside the state nothing

There are non Anambra indigenes from all over Nigeria living in Anambra. When you can't let them apply for, let alone hire them into, the state Civil service, it is a problem.
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by paramakina202: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

Stop supporting nonsense.Anambra state government could have hired indigenes only without announcing it to the whole world.
After Soludo will be mocking the masses of playing nzogbu nzogbu politics while he himself lacks diplomacy and common sense.

1 Like

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by mrvitalis(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2023
Adelaide2:
Copied (not mine):

What most of you don't get is this

North East and North West medical and health institutions would collapse of they depend on their local personals...

In fact if igbos medical doctors, nurses, pharmacist, medi lap, teachers should leave North today their health sector and educational sector would collapse

My brother served in Jigawa state ringim as a medical doctor during NYSC, after the 1 year he was made CMD of a hospital because he was the only doctors... Stayed for 3 years resigned.... The then commissioner of health called to beg and beg for him to stay

From the data I got then Anambra produce 2000 doctors average per year.... That's more than North West combined

Kano opening their medical recruitment is not because they are nice but they lack the personal

Anambra has more than enough recruit only their people
Delta does same, rivers does same, Akwa ibom does same, most South South and South East state do the same thing because they produce more than enough local personal

The excess move to South West, North or outside Nigeria to get job

1 Like

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by gawu1: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2023
MS247:
grin

100% right.
For instance, look at those vociferously accusing President Tinubu of being a drug trafficker and will see that they are 100% Igbos. Yet, we all know the people "developing" the world with drugs are 100% Igbos

2 Likes

Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by gidgiddy: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2023
paramakina202:

Stop supporting nonsense.Anambra state government could have hired indigenes only without announcing it to the whole world.
After Soludo will be mocking the masses of playing nzogbu nzogbu politics while he himself lacks diplomacy and common sense.

Practice what you preach

Next time federal government of Nigera wabts to hire people, encourage them to open the application up to all countries in ECOWAS
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by BrodaBenad: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

North East and North West medical and health institutions would collapse of they depend on their local personals...

In fact if igbos medical doctors, nurses, pharmacist, medi lap, teachers should leave North today their health sector and educational sector would collapse

My brother served in Jigawa state ringim as a medical doctor during NYSC, after the 1 year he was made CMD of a hospital because he was the only doctors... Stayed for 3 years resigned.... The then commissioner of health called to beg and beg for him to stay

From the data I got then Anambra produce 2000 doctors average per year.... That's more than North West combined

Kano opening their medical recruitment is not because they are nice but they lack the personal

Delta does same, rivers does same, Akwa ibom does same, most South South and South East state do the same thing because they produce more than enough local personal

Absolutely correct
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by BrodaBenad: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2023
gawu1:

100% right.
For instance, look at those vociferously accusing President Tinubu of being a drug trafficker and will see that they are 100% Igbos. Yet, we all know the people "developing" the world with drugs are 100% Igbos

So you agree tinubu is a druggie grin
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by BrodaBenad: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2023
paramakina202:

The funny thing is you know the difference between the two appointments one was more of technocratic one like alot of the software guys in Unizik I schooled were Yorubas if my brother can't do it why not appoint people that can do it

How many Northerners are in the health sector for example? North has always had shortages in technocrats since independence grin

The one of Anambra a Yoruba man or Hausa man can't be our PG or hold any very close appointment that needs huge interaction with the people themselves politically

But as someone from a tribe full of liars and slanderers you choose to be 🤡
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Mordecai(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2023
cry

Tribalists have seen food to eat...

What noone wants to talk about is that the Kano advert includes a proviso - applicants will pay N3000 to purchase an application form. It thus makes sense not to limit the applicants to a particular location. Probably, they need as much money as possible, even though eventually they will screen out all the applicants they do not want.

The issue that should have been on the front burner is the appropriateness or otherwise of selling forms to job seekers applying for a position with you.
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Adelaide2: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2023
paramakina202:

Thank you.
Re: On The Anambra Vs Kano Job Advertisement by Georgry(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

You like defending nonsense as far as na your tribe but your fooolish self is quick to accuse others of tribalism, if the south west states only employ their own indegines where will the excess you're talking about move to? Abi Southwestern state no dey produce enough Doctors per year? Imagine Your fooolish self is from Imo state and you can't apply for a job in Neighbouring Anambra even though you're qualified and you're even an Igbo self, sense will locate you Las Las.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The "Bola" In PBAT Name / Economic Hardship: Before You Put All Your Blame On Tinubu. / Leaked Memo Shows Tinubu Approved N500million For Inauguration Of New National M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.