Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition (5549 Views)

Egbesu Militants Warn Igbo Groups To Stop Attacking Dokubo-asari / 2023: Tinubu, Osinbajo Dancing In Competition They Won't Take Part In - Kperogi / Igbo Groups In Oyingbo Market In Mainland Local Government Lagos Joined Apc From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by selemempe: 3:20am On Jul 17, 2021
I just saw this picture of Wike and Obi Cubana and it got me thinking again of what could have been if Ikwere didn't start denying their Igbo identity.

I'm from Enugu but we all in igboland know and appreciate how successful Anambra business men and women are.
People like
Arthur Eze, Innosson, Ibeto, and younger monies like Obi Cubana, Emoney, Jowizaza etc remind us all how far Anambra has come since 1970 when they got 20 pounds like the rest of Igbos.

Also,
With oil money which Rivers state commands and with political power in Rivers state firmly in the hands of the Igbo subgroups, the Ikwere could have been in competition of wealth with the Anambra and imo state elite.
Igbo society weddings and burials could have been taking place every weekend in port Harcourt if they were integrated with the rest of Igbo nation
The swag of being Igbo would have placed Ikwere and the Igbos of Rivers state in the national limelight like it does for the Anambra group.

Port Harcourt could have been the Lagos of Igbos because of the port and oil....and Lagos would not have the high number of Igbos it has today.

What Igbos lost in 1970 still gives me pains. Ikwere officially left the Igbo ethnic nationality in 1979 and took with them some other Igbo groups carved into Rivers. They all are now playing creek, isolated politics and living that creek, isolated culture and only identify as Igbos when it suits them individually.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by horsepower102: 3:55am On Jul 17, 2021
OP take a chill pill

Ikwerre are not Igbo and will never be.

The rest of Igbos have finally accepted that and moved on.

Time for you to do so.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by selemempe: 4:17am On Jul 17, 2021
horsepower102:
OP take a chill pill

Time for you to do so.
I know. But I'm just saying

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 17, 2021
Any sensible igbo won't associate him self with ikwere in the first.... that's why they don't want to teach you people history anymore

14 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Ifearnoevil: 4:56am On Jul 17, 2021
Abeg delete this thread.
Any body can take pictures with anybody abi you didn't see policeman Abba kyari.
You just want all these children to wake up in the morning and start insulting igbos.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by SamPeeLamen(m): 4:59am On Jul 17, 2021
I don't get
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by owobokiri(m): 5:04am On Jul 17, 2021
horsepower102:
OP take a chill pill

Time for you to do so.

Ikwerres are igbos and like Cremea, would be brought back to fold at the appropriate time!
You can now go and argeu with Rotimi Amaechi...

14 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by FreeIgbos: 5:54am On Jul 17, 2021
selemempe:
I just saw this picture of Wike and Obi Cubana and it got me thinking again of what could have been if Ikwere didn't start denying their Igbo identity.

I'm from Enugu but we all in igboland know and appreciate how successful Anambra business men and women are.
People like
Arthur Eze, Innosson, Ibeto, and younger monies like Obi Cubana, Emoney, Jowizaza etc remind us all how far Anambra has come since 1970 when they got 20 pounds like the rest of Igbos.

Also,
With oil money which Rivers state commands and with political power in Rivers state firmly in the hands of the Igbo subgroups, the Ikwere could have been in competition of wealth with the Anambra and imo state elite.
Igbo society weddings and burials could have been taking place every weekend in port Harcourt if they were integrated with the rest of Igbo nation
The swag of being Igbo would have placed Ikwere and the Igbos of Rivers state in the national limelight like it does for the Anambra group.

Port Harcourt could have been the Lagos of Igbos because of the port and oil....and Lagos would not have the high number of Igbos it has today.

What Igbos lost in 1970 still gives me pains. Ikwere officially left the Igbo ethnic nationality in 1979 and took with them some other Igbo groups carved into Rivers. They all are now playing creek, isolated politics and living that creek, isolated culture and only identify as Igbos when it suits them individually.

You're right, however they should go to hell. Like they say pride goes before a fall. We lost a war in 1970 and they found oil in large quantities same period which made them to conclude that they've arrived while we SE Igbos are finished. Now, over 50 years later, what is the scores? Are they better off in any way? No!! The windfall they expected never came for them instead outsiders outsmarted and outmaneuvered them. Today, oil era is almost over yet they're still in a sorry state.

We Igbos have nothing to do with them, so they should stay on their own and remain in obscurity.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Megatrix: 6:14am On Jul 17, 2021
Op enough of all this kind of posts, Igbos have accepted that the Ikwerres are not Igbo since they decided to say they are not. Igbos have moved on, let the Ikwerres be whatever they claim to be.

20 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Igboid: 6:31am On Jul 17, 2021
This repeated attention giving to Ikwerre people by my Igbo people is becoming embarrassing.
OP. Ikwerre is not Igbo and really have nothing to offer Ndiigbo that we don't already have.
Move on.

28 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by OnyeOlokoro(m): 6:40am On Jul 17, 2021
Igbos have rejected ikwerre in all entirety so pls don't disturb us

We av moved on

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by flamingREED(m): 6:40am On Jul 17, 2021
Not again.
Rejections have been our source of strength.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by kynbasil01: 6:41am On Jul 17, 2021
selemempe:

People like

Also,

these kids that won't read their books will stay all day making useless threads on the internet
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:43am On Jul 17, 2021
Igbo's don't need Ikwerre again. We have said it over and over again. This issue is over flogged.

22 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by rastaLivity: 6:50am On Jul 17, 2021
selemempe:
maybe you shouldn’t say, and channel your energy on things that are important

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by eastOFwest(m): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2021
selemempe:

People like

Also,

I know Ikwerre people very well. Their ways, culture and lifestyle is very alien to Igbos. Even other tribes from other states know the Ikwerre and their notoriety. The closest you get to Ikwerre in Igboland are some dysfunctional Owerri people living in the city centre. Let me just leave it like this.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by AlexBells(m): 7:17am On Jul 17, 2021
eastOFwest:

I know Ikwerre people very well. Their ways, culture and lifestyle is very alien to Igbos. Even other tribes from other states know the Ikwerre and their notoriety. The closest you get to Ikwerre in Igboland are some dysfunctional Owerri people living in the city centre. Let me just leave it like this.
Next time don't compare Anambra with Ikwerre you can say Onitsha vs Ikwerre or Nnewi vs Ikwerre, or Nsukka vs Ikwerre, or Anioma vs Ikwerre, Anambra is a state, Ikwerre is just another Igbo sub group get that fact first

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by BigDick70inch(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2021
Igbos & gummy body nah 5&6.......

Jux so........many minor ethnic group r closer to Yorubas.......but still they don't give a Bleep......

Not even..,....the yoruboid itsekiri of Delta state with all their money and oils........

Leave Port Harcourt alone!!!and face the 5 south eastern part squarely........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Pass11: 7:28am On Jul 17, 2021
[[s]quote author=owobokiri post=103789569]

Ikwerres are igbos and like Cremea, would be brought back to fold at the appropriate time!
You can now go and argeu with Rotimi Amaechi...[/quote][/s]

Who told you that nonsense that ikwerre are igbos? Please we igbos don't need them they're bini.
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by gidgiddy: 7:29am On Jul 17, 2021
Stupid thread
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by chrisxxx(m): 7:30am On Jul 17, 2021
Stop this shit. Would you want me to say Igbo deny their Ikwerre identity?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Pass11: 7:31am On Jul 17, 2021
selemempe:
If you and get sense you wouldn't have open this thread.
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by eastOFwest(m): 7:32am On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

Next time don't compare Anambra with Ikwerre you can say Onitsha vs Ikwerre or Nnewi vs Ikwerre, or Nsukka vs Ikwerre, or Anioma vs Ikwerre, Anambra is a state, Ikwerre is just another Igbo sub group get that fact first

I think you have quoted the wrong comment.
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Pass11: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

Oga ikwerre are not igbo or sub igbo group.we don't need them in igbo family.

13 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by AlexBells(m): 7:34am On Jul 17, 2021
Pass11:

Oga ikwerre are not igbo or sub igbo group.we don't need them in igbo family.
That's an issue for another day, that's sentimental and not factual, I'm dealing facts here, being of the general Igbo umbrella Is not by force, they can be who they want to be but if at all anyone wish to associate them to Igbos by any means, they must be put in their place

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by chrisxxx(m): 7:35am On Jul 17, 2021
horsepower102:
OP take a chill pill

Time for you to do so.
Don't mind the fool. There was never a time an Igbo man in his heart believed that Ikwerre is Igbo. There is just no joint anywhere except in some words. They use size to equate who is the other. If Ikwerre had got 5 states would Igbo man agree he is Ikwerre?

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by BafanaBafana: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2021
I wonder why the so called Igbo subs always vehemently refuse to associate themselves with igbos.
The tribes around yorubas in kogi and other places will always introduce themselves as Yoruba
The north is made up of over a hundred tribes, but they all don't mind being called hausas.
But call an agbor person Igbo, fight go start.

Something is definitely wrong

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by AfricanColumbus: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2021
The Biafran wave, imperial and regale, will assume the area. Some will cheer, some will despair, Biafra will persevere.

1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by achaemeka(m): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2021
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Pass11: 7:55am On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

That's an issue for another day, that's sentimental and not factual, I'm dealing facts here, being of the general Igbo umbrella Is not by force, they can be who they want to be but if at all anyone wish to associate them to Igbos by any means, they must be put in their place
Oga stop forcing yourself on those lazy ikwerre people they're not igbo.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by selemempe: 8:38am On Jul 17, 2021
BafanaBafana:
I wonder why the so called Igbo subs always vehemently refuse to associate themselves with igbos.
The tribes around yorubas in kogi and other places will always introduce themselves as Yoruba
The north is made up of over a hundred tribes, but they all don't mind being called hausas.
But call an agbor person Igbo, fight go start.

Something is definitely wrong
because we lost a war. Nothing more

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by selemempe: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2021
chrisxxx:

Don't mind the fool. There was never a time an Igbo man in his heart believed that Ikwerre is Igbo. There is just no joint anywhere except in some words. They use size to equate who is the other. If Ikwerre had got 5 states would Igbo man agree he is Ikwerre?
shut up ogbeni. Ikwere didn't leave Igbo until Rivers state was created in 1967.
Ikwere was Igbo from the creation of the eastern region in 1939 until 1967

Check the number 9 appointment on this document

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throw Back Picture Of Akeredolu And His Wife / Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack / An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.