Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia (28037 Views)

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt / Francis Atuche: Court Freezes ₦19.1 Billion Belonging To Ex-bank PHB MD / Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by DECLAN2015(m): 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kingpele:
grin I can vividly remember a certain emilakon who promised and shouted he was the best man for the job of running the country only to run it aground just after 3 months

So u have shifted from jubril.....deluded human being
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by SavageMaster: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2023
Hmm...

The only thing I got from that long writeup is that most of Jumia top executive were operating from a luxurious office in UAE while the business (an African company) was making losses upon losses.

Please, does Jumia do deliveries to Dubai?

2 Likes

Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by 1Alex: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
Domaining101:
I really love jumia alot, 90% of all the gadgets i own are gotten from there and I've never for Once had any issues from the website.. I just pray they scale through in Jesus name 🙏
you are lucky. I once ordered one beautiful shoe like that. When the shoe arrived, it was one wicked Oshodi made. I quickly returned it right there.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by Myer(m): 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
I used to be an Agent with Jumia some years ago. Too many fake products ruin the company.

The major problem with Jumia are the Quality Assurance and Control team.

Integrity is a rarity. If you have honest staff treasure them.

Nigerians will humble you.
I really don't blame companies that have strict sanctions on their staff. Some times that's the only language Nigerian staff understand and respond to.

I listened to the speech of AfDB president, Akinwunmi recently and he said it all. Never compromise on Integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by eteebanky: 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2023
Return Goods policy has a part in their misfortune

Jumia will accept everything from you without even questioning you

There was a Day I got a message to come for my item in their pick-up station in my area

While they are sorting for my Goods, I saw a lot of people coming to return their items

Even brand new flat screen Television, air conditioner, freezers was not left out, people came to return it and jumia keep accepting them

Nigerians are very wicked, the flat screen TV, smartphone you unbox, unsealed...... you still have the mind to return it, how did you expect jumia to resell it......wicked people

Before I order an item on jumia, I always check reviews, descriptions on the said products before I order, jumia never disappoint me

The very first time I ordered on jumia was 2017, till date they never disappoint me, I have ordered up to 30 items through the platform

2 Likes

Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by Slynation(m): 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2023
They caused there downfall, too many fake products and bad reviews. Bought two shoes from Jumia only for both of them to spoil the first time I wore it...I wanted to reject it outrightly, but the agent convinced me and I stupidly had pity on him!!

Since that day, I cancelled jumia and anything online products, I only trade on jiji when I meet the seller and survey the product I want to buy before paying...

1 Like

Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by 18wheeler: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
I used to be an Agent with Jumia some years ago. Too many fake products ruin the company.
You are right. I bought 2 belts in 2017. Neither of them was of the described quality or physical feature. I quietly backed out.

1 Like

Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by Slynation(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
eteebanky:

There was a Day I got a message to come for my item in their pick-up station in my area

While they are sorting for my Goods, I saw a lot of people coming to return their items

Even brand new flat screen Television, air conditioner, freezers was not left out, people came to return it and jumia keep accepting them

Nigerians are very wicked, the flat screen TV, smartphone you unbox, unsealed...... you still have the mind to return it, how did you expect jumia to resell it......wicked people

Before I order an item on jumia, I always check reviews, descriptions on the said products before I order, jumia never disappoint me

The very first time I ordered on jumia was 2017, till date they never disappoint me, I have ordered up to 30 items through the platform
Oga keep quiet, if the items where good, don't you think nobody will return them...!! What is so difficult for jumia to upload only original products on their website and maintain that standard...

You are lucky to get good items doesn't mean other are lucky as well...

You will see jumia upload the same item, one will be like 150K while the other will be like 125K. Any rational human will go for the cheaper one, after all, it's same product and quality from the pictures. Then when you get the item, you will realise that it's nothing to write home about, and you expect Nigerians not to return the nonsense...Baba rest abeg!!
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by Sprints3: 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
Jumia my advice to Una just sell all your products sell it off using 50% discount like promo Friday abi black Friday. Then use the money to invest in your loan app quickcheck at least if u give person 100k loan u go slap 20k interest...
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by NnamdiN: 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
coz they cared more about customers than vendors
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by timefarm(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
The business will definitely fail.

You make money in a country with low cost of living, you went to assembled your staff and paying them in a high cost of living places.

Imagine see how many million dollars those people are collecting, how do you earn that back easily when you sell in naira and other lower value currency.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by Bestunclejoe(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
Jumia is a bad product to patronize, they don't pay refund when it arises. My ref: 1379854562 is still pending with them.

2 Likes

Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by MyExpression(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2023
Their business model killed them.

Every company that comes to bully a market as big as Nigeria will get burnt.

E-commerce, e-hailing services et al.

You want to grow in Nigerian Market, and you come with Price competition...no matter how low you go, someone else will go lower and force you to reduce quality.

They will duplicate your model and do everything you're doing.

Nigerian no dey loyal...everyone can do what you're doing, so they easily switch
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by MyExpression(m): 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2023
eteebanky:

...I have ordered up to 30 items through the platform

Who is your logistics plug?

I run quick and safe pick-up and delivery service anywhere in Nigeria 🇳🇬

HomeDel Logistics ...on every platform
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by bamac(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2023
jeff1607:

I was beginning to wonder why I would purchase items on jumia and they won't be as authentic or original as they claim it should be. Same with konga

This is Nigeria where everyone want to outsmart others.

I don't see why there should be fear with making orders on Jumia because the return policy is awesome.

As it stands, Jumia is rebuilding, I am still much in the system fully as agent and partner and I can say everything is still working fine. There might be slight delays with delivery, refunds and resolutions generally due to economic situation, but Jumia is fighting and will survive with all the current changes implemented.

I can always be of assistance when it comes to Jumia orders and issue resolution, you have to get good value of your hard-earned money.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by akeem0706514(m): 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
Bestunclejoe:
Jumia is a bad product to patronize, they don't pay refund when it arises. My ref: 1379854562 is still pending with them.

Truly they don't pay refund.

I am still waiting for them to refund me my money going to two month now since I returned their product.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by akeem0706514(m): 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2023
eteebanky:

The very first time I ordered on jumia was 2017, till date, they never disappoint me, I have ordered up to 30 items through the platform

You are lucky, go to Twitter and see how people are complaining they don't pay refund
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by YorubaRonu01: 1:01am On Sep 22, 2023
porthouse7:
I know them very well, and I don't think Jumia knows about it, they changed a fake or low-standard AC and relabeled it as LG
You're not wrong but whenever such complaints come from customers, it is Jumia's responsibility to verify such stores and ban them outright to protect their name!
People will come and say Jumia sells fake but it's not Jumia. They need to protect their name and business.
I bought a costly 3D wallpaper from Konga in 2017, I got what is far below standard, I complained, the protocol and process of returning back plus the extra shipping expenses I would make was much, I just used it that way. Since then I kind of avoided Konga. All these bureaucracies kill this kind of business. It's always easier for those in Lagos to return.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by YorubaRonu01: 1:08am On Sep 22, 2023
eteebanky:

Accepting those items from you is no issue, getting a refund from them is at another level.
You go wait tire still nothing go show.
These days I feel more comfortable shopping offline, I just verify spec and price from those online stores.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by chachanga: 4:42am On Sep 22, 2023
osothermal:
Buhari should be held responsible for the demise of Jumia. Lessons never learnt, let's continue to vote nepostically

[b]Second, economic growth in Jumia’s key market, Nigeria, slowed after 2015, and an unstable currency exchange system has cut deep into the health of several businesses. Under the Buhari government, the West African country squandered gains built over the previous decade. Excluding banks, every sector of the economy has suffered a depression. The middle class has primarily shrunk, and earlier growth projections have disappeared as inflation and devaluation put pressure on household incomes and a new wave of brain drain accelerates.

This problem isn’t unique to Jumia. Multiple companies launched in Nigeria between 2005 and 2012 have struggled after 2015. Etisalat Nigeria, the local subsidiary of the Emirati telecom company, fell apart after its dollar debt became unsustainable. South African retailer Shoprite quit the Nigerian market in 2021, 16 years after opening its first store. And in recent years, the contagion has spread, with several consumer goods companies, including those that sell on Jumia, reporting severe distress and scaling back their domestic operations. Jumia’s Dufay said the company lost $38 million in Nigeria in the second quarter due to a devaluation in the country.[/b]

The writer nailed it. Buhari was a socioeconomic blight who singlehandedly destroyed so many multinationals' possibility of profitability in Nigeria. But his brain dead supporters didn't never realized or accepted. They hailed him all through for taking Nigeria backwards and ruining the middle class too.

That's some during juju sh!t.

1 Like

Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by TOPMAN4LIFE: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2023
Kingpele:
grin I can vividly remember a certain emilakon who promised and shouted he was the best man for the job of running the country only to run it aground just after 3 months
You will wail for 8 years,
Go and meet Obi your president since you didn't vote for Tinubu
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by jeff1607(m): 9:51am On Sep 22, 2023
bamac:

This is Nigeria where everyone want to outsmart others.

I don't see why there should be fear with making orders on Jumia because the return policy is awesome.

As it stands, Jumia is rebuilding, I am still much in the system fully as agent and partner and I can say everything is still working fine. There might be slight delays with delivery, refunds and resolutions generally due to economic situation, but Jumia is fighting and will survive with all the current changes implemented.

I can always be of assistance when it comes to Jumia orders and issue resolution, you have to get good value of your hard-earned money.

I understand their return policy but you can only return a defective item not a fake item.

I ordered a Microsoft surface pro charger, what I got was a fake one, it works but it doesn't have the power delivery and power surge protector in it., In this situation how do I say it's a defective item.

I ordered an Anker 45w charger that ought to give me power delivery on all porta at the same time of usage to all devices but it only gives to one device at a time , the charger works but not original.

Bought a Samsung 4k tv that ought to come to it's magic remote, but rather it came with a generic remote and it's brand new, I didn't get satisfaction with the purchase. I felt probably the tv had been tampered with.

I can go on and on , jumia , konga are not doing well
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by bamac(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2023
jeff1607:

I understand their return policy but you can only return a defective item not a fake item.

I ordered a Microsoft surface pro charger, what I got was a fake one, it works but it doesn't have the power delivery and power surge protector in it., In this situation how do I say it's a defective item.

I ordered an Anker 45w charger that ought to give me power delivery on all porta at the same time of usage to all devices but it only gives to one device at a time , the charger works but not original.

Bought a Samsung 4k tv that ought to come to it's magic remote, but rather it came with a generic remote and it's brand new, I didn't get satisfaction with the purchase. I felt probably the tv had been tampered with.

I can go on and on , jumia , konga are not doing well

I clearly understand this.

One thing I do most times for customers is to check through description. Once the description does not follow what should come then no solid return claim.

I am not sure my return have ever been declined.

Then comes the Nigerian factor where many want to defraud the others, the best Jumia can do is to make vendors put proper drscription on their item as all items can't be checked before getting to customer.

Don't also forget some customers are also dubious, I have seen situations where customer changed content of package, not 5 times and then claim return was rejected.

Business is not easy in here.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by bamac(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2023
akeem0706514:

You are lucky, go to Twitter and see how people are complaining they don't pay refund
... There might be refund issues, layoffs reduce speed of action.

I know how many people I help daily on that, but I can only attend to those who reach out, it's not easy in here.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by Chinny024(f): 2:09am On Sep 24, 2023
Jumia lost it after charging exorbitant fees for waybills....They should work on that first.
Re: Francis Dufay Plans To Rescue Jumia by SoldierPikin: 5:38am On Sep 30, 2023
tuzle:
I don't think so because u can return product back, also reading reviews also help

The company loses everytime you do that!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Fear Of Going Into Okrika Bale Business / EFCC Confiscates Over $6 Million From Bureau De Change Operators / 10 Profitable Business Ideas For The Christmas Period 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.