Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,914 members, 7,838,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. (78833 Views)

Reno Omokri: Biafrans Built This Armoured Car During The Civil War / Eventually Nigeria Could Not Pay China Loans / See What Will Happen When Nigeria Cant Pay China Ever Growing Debt(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2023
JuanDeDios:

I agree with bolded. We should have stood up to it though. The Europeans had it worse: I mean, when Europe was "Christianized", EVERYONE complied, you had to fall in or nothing. The same is true of places where Islam took over. This seems to be the nature of these two desert religions. But today, the Europeans have "received sense" - as we say here - and secularism is marching on strong. I hope our people too get there some day. With the coming of the Internet and the sharpness of them Gen-Z, there's hope.
Gen-Z is definitely not sharp, and the internet has made people dumber, not smarter. For each useful info in the internet, you have 99 garbage info, and Gen-Z in particular just can't get to the useful info. Many people nowadays think Google is a good replacement for education and logic. I've had countless discussions with complete fools who can't exchange a word on a topic without doing some Google search.

Now you have people who know nothing about a topic but just type on Google and copy and paste what they found on Google (most times complete garbage) and those people now have the illusion that they know something about the topic. Internet made people too lazy to actually do the intellectual efforts to get smarter and learn new things.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
When I was a teenager, I spent so much time in libraries, reading books learning things, and in this generation, you can hardly see kids with that kind of will.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
JuanDeDios:

I agree with bolded. We should have stood up to it though. The Europeans had it worse: I mean, when Europe was "Christianized", EVERYONE complied, you had to fall in or nothing. The same is true of places where Islam took over. This seems to be the nature of these two desert religions. But today, the Europeans have "received sense" - as we say here - and secularism is marching on strong. I hope our people too get there some day. With the coming of the Internet and the sharpness of them Gen-Z, there's hope.

Oh I think it’s just a matter of time before we ALL return to some updated form of our traditional religion. It could take 50 years or 200 years, but it WILL happen. Water will always return to its level.

Who would have believed 30 years ago that a time would come when ALL we would rock to would be Nigerian music?

I grew up in the 80s and 90s when all we played was US and UK R&B, and anyone that played Nigerian music (apart from Fela), was regarded as ‘local’, with no class.

Today it’s totally different.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:
When I was a teenager, I spent so much time in libraries, reading books learning things, and in this generation, you can hardly see kids with that kind of will.

These days people learn from YouTube videos. There’s a lot of good, accurate information in many of those videos especially relating to African history, it must be said.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

These days people learn from YouTube videos. There’s a lot of good, accurate information in many of those videos especially relating to African history, it must be said.
My friend, please throw away those YouTube videos or at least verify what they tell you with your own research.
African history is the biggest victim of revisionism in this world. And the revisionism is from ethno-political groups.

You have to do your own proper research if you really want to learn. I'm not a historian, I'm a mathematician, but in African history I always do my proper research (the same kind a true historian would do).

Look for documents written down by eye-witnesses. Don't fall for lazyness by "learning" through YouTube.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

My friend, please throw away those YouTube videos or at least verify what they tell you with your own research.
African history is the history is the biggest victim of revisionism in this world. And the revisionism is from ethno-political groups.

You have to do your own proper research if you really want to learn. I'm not a historian, I'm a mathematician, but in African history I always do my proper research (the same kind a true historian would do).

Look for documents written down by eye-witnesses. Don't fall for lazyness by "learning" through YouTube.

Grow up and stop talking crap. There are literally MILLIONS of videos on YouTube, so you have no basis to dismiss the entire contents on the platform when you have not watched even 1% of them. Many videos are very well researched and sourced by people with an interest in African history just like yourself. Stop being arrogant and close-minded. I have read African history books as well, from Cheikh Anta Diop to Chancellor Williams to Martin Bernal, and I still learn new insights and perspectives on certain YouTube channels covering African history. You don’t know everything, so open your mind to knowledge.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
Now this is unfortunate, your argument to me is that I haven't watched 1% of all YouTube videos talking about African history. So instead of you to provide me with a video which you claim is accurate, you challenge me to go and watch millions of videos which would take me more than 3 lifetimes.
This is what I'm talking about when I mention how the internet made people intellectually lazy.

Rossikk:

Grow up and stop talking crap. There are literally MILLIONS of videos on YouTube, so you have no basis to dismiss the entire contents on the platform when you have not watched even 1% of them.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

I have read African history books as well, from Cheikh Anta Diop to Chancellor Williams to Martin Bernal, and I still learn new insights and perspectives on certain YouTube channels covering African history. You don’t know everything, so open your mind to knowledge.
You see, this is how you betray yourself, you absolutely don't understand history. And you make this mistake even after I have explained it all to you.

Friend, open your ears (...well your eyes), history books are for children, I'm talking about eye-witnesses written documents, going through history as an educated adult, not as a child !
And you were telling me to grow up 🤣
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

I grew up in the 80s and 90s when all we played was US and UK R&B, and anyone that played Nigerian music (apart from Fela), was regarded as ‘local’, with no class.

Today it’s totally different.

Wow ! I think you should not confuse your neighbourhood with the generality, I was born in 1987, Benin music was loved by everybody I knew. Being "local" wasn't a bad thing to us, we were actually proud of our heritage. Again, Nigeria is not monolithic, different cultures cohabit, different mentalities as well. Some people want to be whiter than Elizabeth, some are proud of their roots.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

You see, this is how you betray yourself, you absolutely don't understand history. And you make this mistake even after I have explained it all to you.

Friend, open your ears (...well your eyes), history books are for children, I'm talking about eye-witnesses written documents, going through history as an educated adult, not as a child !
And you were telling me to grow up 🤣

Do you think you are the only person who reads eyewitness accounts?

You aren’t, Mr.

Plus there are numerous eyewitness accounts YOU haven’t read or even heard of.

Do you know there are eyewitness accounts of black Africans forming empires in China thousands of years ago?

Plus there is more to history than eyewitness accounts. There’s archaeology, language, artefacts, DNA research, cultural congruence and so many other legitimate resources.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

Do you think you are the only person who reads eyewitness accounts?

You aren’t, Mr.

Plus there are numerous eyewitness accounts YOU haven’t read or even heard of.

Do you know there are eyewitness accounts of black Africans forming empires in China thousands of years ago?

Plus there is more to history than eyewitness accounts. There’s archaeology, language, artefacts, DNA research, cultural congruence and so many other legitimate resources.

How old are you ?
What is this nonsense which you just typed ?

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

How old are you ?
What is this nonsense which you just typed ?

You see? I told you you have a LOT to learn. You actually don’t know much African history. You just know the basics.

Watch this video and learn about When Africa Colonised China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oy_XT4JDLU?si=YdVHgYlJj7yMnfaH
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

Once again, I have no idea of what you are talking about. Are we still talking about the same thing: history books being for children and eyewitness written records being the way to go ? And you just posted a video, I don't know what it is about, neither do I know the reason, you say nothing at all, instead you just say "You see? I told you you have a LOT to learn "...at this point you look more and more uneducated.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

You see? I told you you have a LOT to learn. You actually don’t know much African history. You just know the basics.

Watch this video and learn about When Africa Colonised China.

Oh, so you modified your comment and this is the final comment. I didn't realize that you were as daft as this, I knew you didn't know much about history but...this is just 🤣 I have no words, we are not mates, not intellectually, I just wasted time talking to a gullible fool.

You need to go back to primary school.
This is what I have been talking about, internet is full with garbage, and now completely uneducated people have the illusion of being educated. They talk to us educated people as if we were their mates...
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2023
Who cursed Africa with extreme stupidity ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

Wow ! I think you should not confuse your neighbourhood with the generality, I was born in 1987, Benin music was loved by everybody I knew. Being "local" wasn't a bad thing to us, we were actually proud of our heritage. Again, Nigeria is not monolithic, different cultures cohabit, different mentalities as well. Some people want to be whiter than Elizabeth, some are proud of their roots.

You were born in ‘87?

You be small pikin nau….

Those in their 40s and 50s know what I’m on about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

Oh, so you modified your comment and this is the final comment. I didn't realize that you were as daft as this, I knew you didn't know much about history but...this is just 🤣 I have no words, we are not mates, not intellectually, I just wasted time talking to a gullible fool.

You need to go back to primary school.
This is what I have been talking about, internet is full with garbage, and now completely uneducated people have the illusion of being educated. They talk to us educated people as if we were their mates...

We know you can’t afford the data to watch the video, and educate yourself.

Go and hustle, so you can afford it.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

You are as gullible as you are uneducated.
You cannot debate me, I can teach you instead.
It is unfortunate that you won't listen.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Horus(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2023
Interior of the Benin king’s palace in 1897 after the raid by British looters, with bronze plaques in the foreground

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

You are as gullible as you are uneducated.
You cannot debate me, I can teach you instead.
It is unfortunate that you won't listen.

This peabrain is more interested in macho contests than in learning the history of his ancestors.

You are comical. And obviously too broke to watch an educative video.

Pity.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by MadamExcellency: 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

Whenever I see people boasting with riches and using it as a means to win debate. I see "empty barrel" making greatest of noise.

You don't carry wealth to the grave.

Have you now know about "Great Wall of China"? It remains the only man made architecture visible from the space.

Africans are great, quite sure but let's don't be carried away with nationalism or clannishness.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Horus(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Members of the Benin punitive raid of 1897 surrounded by objects looted from the Benin royal palace
Notice the Snake Symbol on the roof (Snakes symbolize the power of Osun, the god of nature)

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

This peabrain is more interested in macho contests than in learning the history of his ancestors.

You are comical. And obviously too broke to watch an educative video.

Pity.
I'm ignoring you now, because your education is not beyond that if a kid, and I am not your teacher, also you somehow believe we are at the same level. This feels like a physicist debating physics with a toddler.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Horus:
Interior of the Benin king’s palace in 1897 after the raid by British looters, with bronze plaques in the foreground

Looking at their smiling faces makes me want to punch them in the face.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

Looking at their smiling faces makes me want to punch them in the face.
We agree on something finally.

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

I'm ignoring you now, because your education is not beyond that if a kid, and I am not your teacher, also you somehow believe we are at the same level. This feels like a physicist debating physics with toddler.

But physicists can afford to watch a YouTube video.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

But physicists can afford to watch a YouTube video.
If you brought me a video about how I can jump from the 15th floor of a building and just fly away, do you think I will waste time watching it ?
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Whenever I see people boasting with riches and using it as a means to win debate. I see "empty barrel" making greatest of noise.

You don't carry wealth to the grave.

Have you now know about "Great Wall of China"? It remains the only man made architecture visible from the space.

Africans are great, quite sure but let's don't be carried away with nationalism or clannishness.

You have come again, you dunderhead?

I told your dumb head to go on Google Earth and type in ‘Benin Wall’, and see its full outline from space, and like a fcking Air Head you have come back with your “China wall is the only visible….”

What sort of stupid, idiotic people are on this forum?
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

If you brought me a video about how I can jump from the 15th floor of a building and just fly away, do you think I will waste time watching it ?

It’s not a magic video.

Find another excuse.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Horus(m): 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Archival drawings of an elephant altar tusk, covered with carving from Benin City
[© The Trustees of the British Museum]

Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Stoplying: 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rossikk:

It’s not a magic video.
Bro, let me give you respect, but sincerely, throw the video away.
I'm not trying to bully you, but please take my advices, I want more Africans to get things right, that is why I give these advises.
I'm gone now.
Re: Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. by Rossikk(m): 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
Horus:
Archival drawings of an elephant altar tusk, covered with carving from Benin City
[© The Trustees of the British Museum]

Those look like inscriptions on the tusk. Those are definitely carrying a message of sorts. I refuse to believe that the Benin lacked any form of writing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Jonathan, Lyon Celebrate With A Bottle Of Red Label (Photo) / John Enenche: Lekki Shooting Videos Were Photoshopped - Army Spokesman / Another Mystery Discovered Surrounding The Victory Of Gen. Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.