Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,887 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate (18580 Views)

The Moment Police Dispersed Yoruba Nation Protesters At Ojota Rally (Video) / Policeman Trying To Fire Teargas At Melaye, Saraki, Ben Bruce During Protest / Fayose Collapses As Policemen Fire Teargas At Him (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by adenigga(m): 2:17am On Sep 22, 2023
Protesters and fans of the late Nigerian singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba known as Mohbad, were on Thursday night allegedly dispersed with teargas at the Lekki Tollgate, Lagos State.

The protesters held a candlelight procession in honour of the late singer on Thursday.

While announcing the protest on Monday night via the official X handle of the deceased, the management said it did “appreciate the outpouring of love from fans across the world to the ones who’ve organised events in their communities as a way to honour and pay respect to our shining light we say thank you. Join us for Mohbad’s candlelight procession and tribute concert.”

The protesters were dressed in white T-shirts played and danced to the songs of the late artiste, as part of their last respect and tribute.

However, a voice in a video seen by our correspondent from a popular skit maker, Oluwadolaz, claimed, “We have been dispersed with teargas…”

While some said the teargas cannisters were fired by police officers in the state, a video shared on X through actress Iyabo Ojo’s Instagram live video and seen by our correspondent had one of those who attended the candle light saying, “I came out for my brother, Mohbad. This is the cabman that helped me. They fired teargas. These people came from the back. We don’t know them. I don’t even know them. All the police officers were there securing us.”

Explaining further, another lady said, “We were sitting in front of the tollgate. We had a lot of police officers there. So, where the teargas came from, we don’t see it. We just saw the tear gas from the back. No car could move. It was this cab that helped us.”

Meanwhile, a post by a popular On-Air Personality, Do2dtun, on his X handle read, “Honesty over Honesty Nigerians do not listen. WE DO THE MOST. This procession ended at Muri Okunola Park over 3 hours ago. We ended and all left. Some still went to converge at the Lekki toll gate. It is not a protest. It is a CANDLELIGHT PROCESSION.”

PUNCH Online reports that the candlelight procession which began at 5 pm was organised by the management of the late singer while a tribute concert commenced 8 pm Muri Okunola Park.

Efforts to reach the police spokesperson, Benjamin Hundeyin, proved abortive as he did not pick up his calls or respond to text messages, as of the time of filling this report.
Source: https://punchng.com/JUST-IN-Mohbad-Sympathisers-dispersed-with-teargas-at-Lekki-tollgate

4 Likes

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Varunpulyani: 2:20am On Sep 22, 2023
Endsars 2.0

At the end blame Omo ibo for kunle death

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by KashApp: 2:22am On Sep 22, 2023
According to some celebrities, they left around 11pm or even before so why turning candle light to protest? On this one oo, I support the police. Other states did it and left without wahala but na Lagos own dey always cause wahala.
Jostoman:
Are they beating or attacking people there? Cant people do peaceful protest in lagos state again. Nawao
I don't support Police brutality but in some cases, Police worldwide can use minimal force just like they did. I don't live in Lagos but still, no reason to protest again either peaceful or opposite. So, if Police use bomb 😂😂 ehn, I go still clap for them on this particular matter.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by LordIsaac(m): 2:27am On Sep 22, 2023
Nigeria’s UNEMPLOYMENT is a thing of concern!

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by JohnnA1: 2:30am On Sep 22, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Endsars 2.0

Your plan to turn this to another End Sars has failed.
We know what you and your people are up to...

100 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Varunpulyani: 2:30am On Sep 22, 2023
JohnnA1:
Your plan to turn this to another End Sars has failed.

Okay I'm shinedu anything else?

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by JohnnA1: 2:32am On Sep 22, 2023
Varunpulyani:

You have failed...

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Varunpulyani: 2:34am On Sep 22, 2023
JohnnA1:
You have failed...

Agreed but don't accommodate and sophisticate me over something as little as a faceless comment

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by izonborn098(m): 2:47am On Sep 22, 2023
Give nigerian man freedom and he'll abuse it..

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Christistruth00: 2:49am On Sep 22, 2023
Fake News

We were even expecting it

Lagos Still hasn't forgot the one DJ Switch did

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Christistruth00: 2:51am On Sep 22, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Endsars 2.0

What was IPOB doing in Lagos?

116 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Christistruth00: 2:57am On Sep 22, 2023
Fake News Alert !!!

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by TemplarLandry: 3:21am On Sep 22, 2023
Awon alaşeju alakori.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by inoki247: 3:36am On Sep 22, 2023
And I thought the program was at Muri Okunola wetin people find go Lekki toll gate again....

That Lekki Toll gate be like contraband to Lagos Police why people go derr nd una know say Nigeria Police are worst at rules of engagement...

Every State do derr program it all went well and no story he reach Lagos time na another thing again...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Tinubuwins2023e: 3:46am On Sep 22, 2023
God knows if I were to be a police officer, what I would have done to those useless people converging at the toll gate would have been fatality.
You left the venue of the candlelight procession to go converge at toll gate FOR WHAT!!! What were your intentions? Wasn't that how Endsars started? Why haven't you learnt your lesson? You converged there and started constituting nuisance, blocking the access road for people going home after work, some were even destroying people's car while others were stealing people's phones.
This shows no respect for Mohbad and just mare clout. The police were even begging this bastards to go home if they love Mohbad but they didn't hear. This is a candlelight procession for God sake. Event closed around 8pm. What are you still doing outside by past 11pm? Like isn't that madness? Isn't that suicidal? No government in the world would allow anyone to converge at the toll gate after what happened during Endsars but as goat wey una be wey no dey hear word, you dare the government. You will learn and you will learn the hard way

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by JohnnA1: 4:18am On Sep 22, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
God knows if I were to be a police officer, what I would have done to those useless people converging at the toll gate would have been fatality.
You left the venue of the candlelight procession to go converge at toll gate FOR WHAT!!! What were your intentions? Wasn't that how Endsars started? Why haven't you learnt your lesson? You converged there and started constituting nuisance, blocking the access road for people going home after work, some were even destroying people's car while others were stealing people's phones.
This shows no respect for Mohbad and just mare clout. The police were even begging this bastards to go home if they love Mohbad but they didn't hear. This is a candlelight procession for God sake. Event closed around 8pm. What are you still doing outside by past 11pm? Like isn't that madness? Isn't that suicidal? No government in the world would allow anyone to converge at the toll gate after what happened during Endsars but as goat wey una be wey no dey hear word, you dare the government. You will learn and you will learn the hard way
They know what they were doing.

Their plans to turn the procession to another Endsars has failed.

Lagos (and the SouthWest in general) will NOT be burned down again.

Kudos to those who were peaceful in expressing their grievances.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by AllBlack: 4:23am On Sep 22, 2023
I hope police made enough arrest for weekend money. People that can't protest for their own rights are generating nuisance on another man's case.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by HopeSpencer: 4:35am On Sep 22, 2023
KashApp:
According to some celebrities, they left around 11pm or even before so why turning candle light to protest? On this one oo, I support the police. Other states did it and left without wahala but na Lagos own dey always cause wahala.

Those candlelight folks are disguised obif00ls looking for something to blame government for.

They will see what they are looking for.

I don't know why Lagos state Amotekun has not been inaugurated yet.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by southsouthking(m): 5:26am On Sep 22, 2023
I thought the program ended long time ago after davido said everyone can now go home?. What where they still doing there by past 10pm?
Honesty over Honesty.
It's a procession and not a protest.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by lokotamak(m): 5:52am On Sep 22, 2023
They wan turn it to another thing cool cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Jostoman: 6:10am On Sep 22, 2023
KashApp:
Are they beating or attacking people there? Cant people do peaceful protest in lagos state again. Nawao

1 Like

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Jostoman: 6:11am On Sep 22, 2023
Varunpulyani:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by MrsTwrite(f): 6:21am On Sep 22, 2023
So these youths no get work?

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by BrodaBenad: 7:17am On Sep 22, 2023
My own is, Igbos should stay off Thier protest

Our neighbours are notorious liars and slanderers

And they seek every opportunity to libel

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Padipadi(m): 7:37am On Sep 22, 2023
They said the candlelight 🕯️ was at Muri Okunola Park. Why ll some people fo to Lekki Toll Gate?
There are some things you don't do to put yourself in the hands of the govt. When you do, you v spoiled yourselve's market. Govt don't want this to be another ENDSARS.

As for Mohbad's death, many no dey use their brain think deep. Blood stain can still be in corpse in a covered grave after several weeks cos the grave no get air to dry the blood quickly. However, I m not ruling out foul play on his death.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by FreeStuffsNG: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2023
LordIsaac:
Nigeria’s Unemployment is a thing of concern!
The unemployed 'celebrities' you mean?

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by Raskimonojendor: 8:11am On Sep 22, 2023
Is the protest against Naira marly or the Nigerian government lol.

This is misplaced priorities. Youths won't protest for better standards of living but are protesting for mohbad. .

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by mjuvey3: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2023
The FG needs to declare a state of emergency on unemployment 😩😩😩😩😩😩

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by thesicilian: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2023
Some people are just desperately looking for any means POssible to start another major protest so that they can burn the country down like they promised since last year, but we know your tactics. And like everything else you put your hands in, it will fail woefully.

Mohbad that many of you never listened to his music before his death, you now want to use him to actualize your evil agenda

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by benuejosh: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2023
Good for them. Yorubas and real lagosians should protect their properties. They said candle light procession/peace walk. Why were they gathering at Lekki toll gate when it was not even the venue of the candle light. Event closed by 8pm what were they doing there by 11pm?

Nigerians can sometimes over do.

Them for flog them join. Them know how painful the guy death pain us? But turning a procession to protest is against who? Very useless of the celebrities who engineered that. Clout chasers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate by taiwotimitt: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2023
We too dey overdo....na part of our problem be that

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? / FIRS Budgets N160 Million For 850 Drivers’ Uniforms, N825 Million For Refreshmen / Ugwuanyi Inspects Enugu Government's First Flyover Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.