Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre (17551 Views)

FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre / #EndSARS: Sagay Says FG May Forcefully End Protests If Youths Continue / COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by COMPAQ(m): 9:19am On Sep 22, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Most of you don't even understand what subsidy is

Oya, you who knows, kindly explain it to us.
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Evolutionism: 9:19am On Sep 22, 2023
They should make it N1000grin

Afterall the Grande PLAN is to Wipe off the Poor Stinky Foolish masses who are holding back the Progress and Development of the nation.

It's a welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Please bro, don't be quoting me again.

I detest irritants like you. You have nothing intelligent to say and am not on nairaland for all this kind of chidish taunts.

Ogbeni shut up. Your gaslighting doesn't work. You apc cronies make dunces out of yourselves when trying to defend nonsense. Tell your cock and bull to people of your low IQ or lower

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 22, 2023
COMPAQ:

So we should not live again because petrol prices increase abi? We shouldn't go to work? We shouldn't go to the hospital if sick? We shouldn't go to the market to buy food? We should all just stay at home abi?

Folks are managing the increases the best way then can. Some are car pooling with neighbors for school runs, others are creating shifts to reduce people who need to come to the ofice. A radio station mentioned that instead of having 2 presenters on their morning show, its now one presenter to reduce need to be in the office! Folks are doing the best they can!!

Oh I just checked you're a tinubu supporter. Next please.

Wont respond to your type

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Kaiser20: 9:26am On Sep 22, 2023
As clueless and retarded as Tinubu is, he was able to convince his SW people that he is their Lord, and they believed him. Very pathetic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Ikaeniyan0: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2023
Rayban25:

Ogbeni shut up. Your gaslighting doesn't work. You apc cronies make dunces out of yourselves when trying to defend nonsense. Tell your cock and bull to people of your low IQ or lower
I'm not interested in your explanation please. If you can't talk like a person who has a home training, please don't bother do quote me. I don't think I have ever attack you for writing your opinion on nairaland.

I don't engage myself with irresponsible people like you.
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by simplesearch: 9:29am On Sep 22, 2023
So then subsidy returns now that PMS is already @ or above 600 per liters, instead of the previous amount before this blanket removal of subsidy? Who then is loosing or benefiting from this whole arrangement? Wouldn't it have been better to keep paying subsidy @ the old price, than do same at the new price? Especially now that citizens have been subjected to acute suffering and naira value become almost ridiculously diminished with the hope we are moving forward, only to want to return back to the same route. Can't wrap my head around this whole arrangement and outcome as this policy has only impoverished the masses and empowers the marketers.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by DaveHarry(m): 9:30am On Sep 22, 2023
Why would the Brent crude be the global benchmark for oil. These world powers really scamming everyone not in their league.

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Luckysbab: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2023
Racoon:
Criminal FG! Tinubu as usual was itchy and impulsive with this subsidy removal issue but of course he is not sincere with any social contract he promised the battered Nigerians because he is a fraudulent and criminal person from antiquity.Hence the many anti- human policies of his illegitimate government

He opposed fuel subsidy removal in 2012 calling it a scam and fraud. Fast forward to today, the APC he created ended up being the biggest scam and fraud ever seen in the annals of this nation.

Has price of petrol remain the same even in the US?

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

If those in power in 2012 feel the current administration is doing something wrong, let them voice out their opposition too and not this useless rhetoric lamentations.
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Okwyjesus(m): 9:35am On Sep 22, 2023
falcon01:
Stop complaining and move on with your life it's gone

That's it. Me l think FG should forget subsidy completed.

This reverse of policy don't show leadership. We will all adjust. I use my car without AC now - most times
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Maobichek: 9:40am On Sep 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

1. There are 4 other refineries apart from dangote that are privately owned.

Government is not stopping anyone

2. The issue is the uncertainty over pricing. Since government is obviously still controlling prices, why should someone set up a private modular refinery and losse money?

And why should lenders lend money to such a refinery if they won't get their money back?

20 licences have been issued for private refineries, Dangote included. Does that strike you as government not letting people set up refinery?

Government owned refineries have been with us before Buhari came ( though not working) to power, he promised to fix our refineries but for 8 years he didn't; PH, Warri, Kaduna all have refineries but were not fixed by the government.

Advance counties are working because their governments are responsible but what do we have here?
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 22, 2023
Subsidy is gone forever! No be so una talk?
The thing wey old man dey see while sitting down, small boy no go fit see am if he climb 10-storey building!
Toh!
Toh Toh!!
Toh Toh Toh!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Olril18(m): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Please bro, don't be quoting me again.

I detest irritants like you. You have nothing intelligent to say and am not on nairaland for all this kind of chidish taunts.
You’re very foolish. Shut up.
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Snowx: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2023
The shegenation is becoming more real..

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Maobichek: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2023
Rayban25:

Either you cant read or you're just being a mischievous fool. Government is subsidizing yet it's to hit 900 per liter?

You didnt suck breast milk when you were a baby na why your brain no dey stick together.

Easy oh!!!
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Ikaeniyan0: 9:48am On Sep 22, 2023
Olril18:

You’re very foolish. Shut up.
Seun Mynd44 Rayban25 OAM4J is using an alternative account

He has broken Rule 19
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Seun Mynd44 Rayban25 is using an alternative account

He has broken Rule 19

You're wasting your time you this boy. Go and play with your mate templarlandry
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Donlexino(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2023
nairalanda1:
At the end of the day, the APC government was always in support of subsidy.

Nigeria cannot afford subsidy again. If we had kept subsidy since May 29, and fuel remained at N195, by now, subsidy costs would have risen drastically, and government would have either been taking loans from other parts of the budget to pay for the subsidy, or taken more loans, or declare force maejure, and the market would end up having scarcity.

We keep making the same mistake every time, all in the name of cheap fuel

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEAP FUEL. Fuel costs money to produce. But because we want the poor to breathe, we use tomorrow's money to pay yesterday's costs.

Ah well, everyone should be 'happy' now.

Don't complain when the debt rises, and when we don't have refineries again.

(Yeah, like it makes sense to sell fuel at N617 when it costs N900 in reality. Apparently believing that it is wrong to sell fuel at a loss means you are an oppressor, and hate Nigerians. Well, anyone quoting me to tell me that I am wrong....WOULD YOU sell your goods at a loss to let the poor breathe? )

Am out. .
You are a very good BIG COW,A DUNCE AND A MALLOW. you thieves are the reason people are suffering in this country. Don't worry your plate and source of food will be taking away from you very soon and it will happen. You go get sense when you start suffering bcs it's imminent

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Blazebond(m): 9:55am On Sep 22, 2023
Racoon:
Criminal FG! Tinubu as usual was itchy and impulsive with this subsidy removal issue but of course he is not sincere with any social contract he promised the battered Nigerians because he is a fraudulent and criminal person from antiquity.Hence the many anti- human policies of his illegitimate government

He opposed fuel subsidy removal in 2012 calling it a scam and fraud. Fast forward to today, the APC he created ended up being the biggest scam and fraud ever seen in the annals of this nation.

Grow up, people have moved past this ancient argument,this is the present,oya give us a way out of the current quagmire nor be only to criticize you can also proffer solutions here.either you show us how we can solve the problems or you shut up.
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by LucemFerre: 9:55am On Sep 22, 2023
Make dem go collect trumpet from God kukuma blow make everybody just go rest abeg

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Kachidubem: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2023
Okwyjesus:

That's it. Me l think FG should forget subsidy completed.

This reverse of policy don't show leadership. We will all adjust. I use my car without AC now - most times
Let me ask you one simple question

Now, let agree FG shouldn't reverse this subsidy policy and we'll all adjust and pay the price.

What do you think the gains will be esp under these set of leaders we have ?
Good road , Good power supply , Good medical facilities nationwide, do you really think we'll have these basic amenities.

Nigerians are absolutely not happy coz they know even if they agree to pay 1k for 1 litre, at least they need to see some basic amenities work in the long run, but that will never come to past coz of bad leadership.

So tell me , what good do you honestly think can come out from this ?

No be by to dey off AC for car dey suffer for nothing , if I dey America, I will gladly love to pay 2k per liter self coz I can see amenities

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Babaibe: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigeria cannot afford subsidy again. If we had kept subsidy since May 29, and fuel remained at N195, by now, subsidy costs would have risen drastically, and government would have either been taking loans from other parts of the budget to pay for the subsidy, or taken more loans, or declare force maejure, and the market would end up having scarcity.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEAP FUEL. Fuel costs money to produce. But because we want the poor to breathe, we use tomorrow's money to pay yesterday's costs.

(Yeah, like it makes sense to sell fuel at N617 when it costs N900 in reality. Apparently believing that it is wrong to sell fuel at a loss means you are an oppressor, and hate Nigerians. Well, anyone quoting me to tell me that I am wrong....WOULD YOU sell your goods at a loss to let the poor breathe? )

Am out. .
Stop defending this people, they are failure and, very insincere.Why is PMS cheaper than water in countries like Saudi Arabia.Are they not blessed with the same crude oil we have in Nigeria. And when bench marking , data should be taking from other oil producing states and not countries without oil.Our system is structured for thieves in power to thrive. Why can't we take loan to build a good and well secured refineries, but instead our loans are channeled to pay subsidies at an inflated interest rate. 95% of Saudi nationals are working with Saudi Aramco, and most expats companies are only into data acquisition used by Saudi's who drilled and refined their oil themselves.Our government and NNPC are highly irresponsible, and all their policies are more of looting plans than helping the poor nation to be independent.Have you received the palliative?Why can't our government look into the tram system to reduce pressure accruing from petrol demand. Then they could put a formidable plan in place to build a functioning refinery. Tram lines are far cheaper to construct than billions spent on dilapitating roads that are being constructed with highly inflated figures. And for NNPC. without a proper auditing and control system (watch dog) to check their activities, Nigerians known it is a conglomerate of thieves. The idea of removing and repaying subsidy shows this administration is unserious and they are just like their predecessors. Tinubu will be a four years president, he is archaic and all his stealing tactics are pushing Nigerian further into poverty. Now , is the time to scout for a replacement because nothing will change under this administration.

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by zoghys: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2023
Racoon:

my

Abeg shut ur trap joor, u just dey rant like a fool for nothing. Is subsidy sustainable at the long run for the betterment of this country, abeg stop politicizing every issue and learn to bring out the merit while critically analysing the demerit of government policies. Didn't PO says he will remove subsidy is elected, so why the fuse now. For any reasonable Nigerian who has follow closely the development of this country and unbiased either ethically or politically will know that this problem will currently face will surely happen at a time in our lives if we want to have a better Nigeria.
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Okwyjesus(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2023
Kachidubem:

Let me ask you one simple question

Now, let agree FG shouldn't reverse this subsidy policy and we'll all adjust and pay the price.

What do you think the gains will be esp under these set of leaders we have ?
Good road , Good power supply , Good medical facilities nationwide, do you really think we'll have these basic amenities.

Nigerians are absolutely not happy coz they know even if they agree to pay 1k for 1 litre, at least they need to see some basic amenities work in the long run, but that will never come to past coz of bad leadership.

So tell me , what good do you honestly think can come out from this ?

No be by to dey off AC for car dey suffer for nothing , if I dey America, I will gladly love to pay 2k per liter self coz I can see amenities

Let the economy relax especially Dollar spiking.

Pay off piled debt.
Fix infrastructure

Me as a person don't like front and back policy approach in Leadership and Mgt

But then we don't trust the hands that keep the money.
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by blueAgent(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2023
DaveHarry:
Why would the Brent crude be the global benchmark for oil. These world powers really scamming everyone not in their league.
You have a lot to learn.
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Kukutente23: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Am out. .
See enemy of Nigeria
You don't want refineries to work because they introduced subsidy
This is wrong
You should learn to be patriotic
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:06am On Sep 22, 2023
COMPAQ:

Oya, you who knows, kindly explain it to us.

You guys are really the people criminalising fuel subsidy making it look like a bad thing. Other countries pay for subsidy virtual in different institutions. It is because Nigeria is fantastically corrupt that is why they can't effort it anymore. When government pay for subsidy it helps to reduce the burden on its citizen. There's no way subsidy can completely go. What tinubu did was to cut off the snake by its head he didn't think about the adverse effect. There's not enough dollar coming in and OPEC has increased there cut. He simply made the situation worse than it was before. Investors are scared to put there money in cos they know it is risky.

If the government is sincere what they should be looking at is working all the refinery in the country this will go a long way. But due to kick backs they get from offshore companies they refuse to work the refinery.

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by DaveHarry(m): 10:06am On Sep 22, 2023
blueAgent:

You have a lot to learn.
Okay teach me boss
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Kukutente23: 10:07am On Sep 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Buhari did EXACTLY what Tinubu is doing now. And both of them did what EVERY NIGERIAN LEADER has done in the name of subsidy since 1973.

Sell petrol at a loss, and pay a subsidy that cannot cover the loss long term without us running into debt.

You guys, and the Tinubu guys do not see it, because you think you can buy something that costs N100 at N1.

Anyway, enjoy your subsidy. At the end, all of you Nigerians, you are the same. You want cheap fuel.

If we sold fuel today at the N145 it was under Buhari, we would be paying N800 per liter as subsidy by now. Is that sustainable, oga?

If we sold fuel today at the N87 it was under GEJ, we would be paying N900 or more per liter as subsidy now. Is that sustainable?

Tinubu=Buhari-=GEJ=Obj=Yaradua=army.

We dey pay too much for this cheap fuel.

Indeed, if you think that Buhari is better than Tinubu, you don't have any awareness of how much debt subsidy has plunged our economy into, apart from the other causes of our debt, corruption included.

The honest truth is, we have paid too much for cheap fuel. And for tinubu to bring back cheap fuel, it shows that his government has decided to return to one more failed government policy.

Well, let's keep lying to ourselves. Niger and Ghana buy fuel above N900 per liter...and BOTH HAVE WORKING REFINERIES. No subsidy, working refineries. The income we earn from oil is too low for us to pay for subsides and pay for good refineries. Not when we produce less than Libya....for a population twenty times the size of Libya/
grin grin cheesy
See wailing extra large
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Kaycee9242(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2023
Againstallodds:
Are you really sure this man is an accountant like they hyped him

No be only accountant na cashier. That guy brain is empty
Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Kachidubem: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Let the economy relax especially Dollar spiking.

Pay off piled debt.
Fix infrastructure

Me as a person don't like front and back policy approach in Leadership and Mgt

But then we don't trust the hands that keep the money.
Who will fix which infrastructure ?

Bro even from your answer , even you self no say Nigerians will suffer and pay 1k per litre for nothing.

At the end of the day , Na mc olouomo , Abike and co go carry our money dey buy mansion here and dere ...dead the idea of any meaningful infrastructure.

Except Desmond Elliot is kind enough to construct another canal in his constituency and share 1 bag of rice... other than that ,masses go suffer in vain ... mark my words

1 Like

Re: FG May Pay N1.68tn Fuel Subsidy, Marketers Forecast N900/litre by Kukutente23: 10:10am On Sep 22, 2023
nairalanda1:
For anyone who wants to understand why I am so opposed to subsides, even though it means that it would hit my wallet badly....and it is doing so, yet I don't think that paying more for subsides is the way forward, read the article linked below

REFLECTIONS ON FUEL SUBSIDY REGIME

The above link is my answer to anyone who quotes me to either call me

1.An oppressor

2.An APC supporter (I am not, and this decision gives me more reason not to vote for them even)

3.A joker

4.Work for the oil companies (I don't, and never have....)
Oga stop the wailing
If you enter fuel station and offer to pay them 900 per liter nobody will arrest you o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / Inconclusive Polls: 609,197 Voters To Decide Tambuwal, Ganduje, Ortom, Others’ / Amosun, Suswan, Abaribe, Yayi and Other Oppose Border Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.