Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,314 members, 7,860,762 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:47 PM

Please Advice Me On Kidney Donation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Advice Me On Kidney Donation (71 Views)

I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed / Would You Sell Your Kidney For N40 Million - See Hilarious Responses / Easy Way To Prepare Red Kidney Beans And Rice With Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On Kidney Donation by swtm(m): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2023
Greetings, Please i need an advice, I want to donate my kidney for one of my family member, is there an health implication after donation? Please i need advice, i dont want to regret. Thanks
Re: Please Advice Me On Kidney Donation by DTconsult: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2023
Yes, there are health implications. First of all, both of you will be on medication for a long time afterwards. Then there's no guarantee that the donated kidney will keep the recipient alive for long. If possible, maybe up to three or four years, under strict medical supervision.
Also, from having a capacity to function at 100% energy level, the donor will be left with 40%, so there will be limitations to the sort of work or activities, that the donor can do. Not too much hard work or stress.
The safest way to know more, is by speaking with the health professionals who will run the tests to know if there is a match for the donation to be made in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

*trending News Stories On Dailytimesngr* / Condor Airlines Cancellation Policy / Police Apprehends Man For Hacking Father To Death In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.