Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed (639 Views)

Sky Falling Down I Kuwait / Akhigbe Nuel Odiase: Corper Dies After Falling From A Danfo In Lagos / Sensei Uche's Car Stops Danfo From Falling Off 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2023
I have been battling gambling addiction for past years,i have tried to stop but i find it difficult!!
Just this evening I have Lost 280k of My salary 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Please help me,i want to stop it, I'm seriously crying right now, I'm really depressed!!!...i don't know how to do it,if you re goin through same or if you have been through same please tell me how you stopped yours....

I'm not begging for Money,i need steps on how to quit it πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά.. last week I lost 600k that I got from my contribution money.. ND today my salary ..😭😭😭😭😭

I have sum everything, it's too huge for me..4.8 m gone in space of 5years..No girlfriend,No clothes,No good development..i just realized I'm ageing please help... I am just 35.
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 10:28pm On Nov 22, 2023
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά i don't know who has cast a spell on me,i want help...say something please 😭😭😭😭😭
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by dawnomike(m): 10:36pm On Nov 22, 2023
Trevor125:
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά i don't know who has cast a spell on me,i want help...say something please 😭😭😭😭😭
Join a compulsory savings scheme that deducts directly from your salary as it is paid.
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Obaofpigs: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2023
He will still spend it..and that is not a solution.

dawnomike:
Join a compulsory savings scheme that deducts directly from your salary as it is paid.
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by OlawaleBammie: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2023
Trevor125:
bro calm down, ine thin I know is that everything that has a beginning will surely have an end.

Tho in my opinion, na greed dey cause all this things, if u re content with the little u have and not having it in mind that u want to win a miraculous millions then I am sure u wouldn't have found ursef in this soup.

I have bn introduced to betting several times down the years but it has never cross my mind to follow suit, last year my friend used my fon to register sportybet for me, firstly I won like 12k, 26k 4k and it stopped, they started eating my money so I stopped staking my regular 500naira

So I started staking with 100naira, 50naira, 10naira even 5naira, na so I kuku stop kpatakpata.

One thing is I never see gaming as a way to success, infact I see it as sin, and something a responsible person is not supposed to indulge in.

Did I tell u that I can't say it openly that I staked? No, cus I will feel worthless. So I did not even bet up to 4months that I stopped totally.

Now what am I saying in essence, the day u see ursef as someone who carry burden to succeed, someone who is to write a story, someone whom his generation is expecting something good from, someone who want to change a story, then that is the day u will stop betting because why?? U can't achieve all these tru betting..never.

But if u know that u can never make it in life unless u follow a deadly shortcut like betting, then please continue..

Ire oh

4 Likes

Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Obaofpigs: 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2023
That money you use for gambling...use it for laudable activities.

Bless the needy
Go to good motherless babies homes
Give to widows..

Make sure you go there yourself and make a hefty donation. Don't fall for the FAKE people ooo. After that go to the gambling joints you frequent without any money and watch them play. Don't contribute or involve in the gambling ..just watch. Repeat this process like 10-20times and see yourself loosing interest in participating.

Buy essential things you need and cherish..don't buy disposable things that gamblers use as collateral when gambling.

After that, access yourself and see the inner peace you will have. That inner peace is the strength that will make you curb gambling addiction..just like cigarette addiction.

The first solution to quiting an addiction is agreeing you have an addiction. So as you have seen your problem, the solution is always available.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by OneCandleAway(f): 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2023
Do mma instead if football.

You'll surely be able to predict the winner lol
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by drlateef: 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2023
Trevor125:
I have been battling gambling addiction for past years,i have tried to stop but i find it difficult!!
Please help me,i want to stop it, I'm seriously crying right now, I'm really depressed!!!...i don't know how to do it,if you re goin through same or if you have been through same please tell me how you stopped yours....

I'm not begging for Money,i need steps on how to quit it πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά.. last week I lost 600k that I got from my contribution money.. ND today my salary ..😭😭😭😭😭

I have sum everything, it's too huge for me..4.8 m gone in space of 5years..No girlfriend,No clothes,No good development..i just realized I'm ageing please help... I am just 35.

You need psychotherapy and Behavioural therapy. Check up with a psychologist.
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by abobote: 12:02am On Nov 23, 2023
The only thing I have been addicted to before, is sex

1 Like

Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by ghettochild(m): 12:13am On Nov 23, 2023
Oga go n play aviator.
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by yrhuhfy113: 12:13am On Nov 23, 2023
Trevor125:

JUST? you say wetin? JUST 35?

YOU ARE OLD...........

haaa, they have ruined your life with addiction.

Let me give you a little help.... because I cant put full solution here.

Use Psalm 23 every night, read it into your bath water without soap, bathe with psalm 23, psalm 34 and 91.... for 7 days and the addiction will become very weak. Out of those 7 days, make sure you do 3 days fasting that you break by 7pm in the evening... READ THOSE PSALMS OUT ALOUD DURING THE FASTINGS O.

You will overcome the addiction, come back here and share your testimony

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by finallybusy: 1:57am On Nov 23, 2023
Scam.

1 Like

Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Usmanovic95(m): 3:00am On Nov 23, 2023
Like every other addiction, betting is also quite hard to give up. I can tell you this because I have also been on that road.Betting create a false illusion that you can earn X2 of whatever you earn from your paid job by betting but in reality it is just a mirage.

Like every bad habit,you can't give it up at once, it has to be slowly and deliberate.No one can help you more to achieve this better than the person you see when you look in mirror.

Based on the context of your write up if it's not a cooked up story tho, I can infer that you have a well paying job, so you are not literally betting as means of survival, you are only betting because of the greed to make more money. You should be able to conquer the greed if you can adhere to this advice I will give you.

Firstly you have to get your self disciplined. Try hard to fight the urge of betting on a daily basis.You can probably start by betting on a weekend and make sure you don't play more than a ticket and restrict your stake to the to a certain amount maybe #100 or below. The only consistent thing in betting is losing and once you realize that your losses outweigh your winnings, naturally you start losing total interest in it if your case is not spiritual o lol.
Secondly man, you need a close confidant who you can share things and rub mind with.And the only person who can play that role is a girlfriend. Ffs you are even old enough to have oneπŸ˜… and try your best to get a decent who you can honestly express your weakness to and will also protect that weakness.

Lastly, get yourself engaged with something during your free time. It is when your mind is idle that the thought of betting start creeping in. If you no get anything to do find PlayStation to play or just sleep.
And most important thing you should know is that you also need prayers. It is well
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by superCleanworks(m): 3:27am On Nov 23, 2023
you are almost there. Almost
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by ipobarecriminals: 3:36am On Nov 23, 2023
cool NOTHING do you KEEP STAKING, play more till u USELESS, Tattered,,
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by PedoBear: 3:59am On Nov 23, 2023
Take a sip of sniper

It won't hurt
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by terrezo2002(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2023
Trevor125:

Do you know how much these betting companies make a day? Their licence money is in millions; tax is in millions; they pay staff; pay for space etc.
All the money they use is gotten from bettors.
You eventually lose in betting even you consistently win for days. Betting is an illusion. It is demonic.
Just overcome this demon and run for your life. If not, worst days are ahead.
Jesus Christ can save you.
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
bro calm down, ine thin I know is that everything that has a beginning will surely have an end.

Tho in my opinion, na greed dey cause all this things, if u re content with the little u have and not having it in mind that u want to win a miraculous millions then I am sure u wouldn't have found ursef in this soup.

I have bn introduced to betting several times down the years but it has never cross my mind to follow suit, last year my friend used my fon to register sportybet for me, firstly I won like 12k, 26k 4k and it stopped, they started eating my money so I stopped staking my regular 500naira

So I started staking with 100naira, 50naira, 10naira even 5naira, na so I kuku stop kpatakpata.

One thing is I never see gaming as a way to success, infact I see it as sin, and something a responsible person is not supposed to indulge in.

Did I tell u that I can't say it openly that I staked? No, cus I will feel worthless. So I did not even bet up to 4months that I stopped totally.

Now what am I saying in essence, the day u see ursef as someone who carry burden to succeed, someone who is to write a story, someone whom his generation is expecting something good from, someone who want to change a story, then that is the day u will stop betting because why?? U can't achieve all these tru betting..never.

But if u know that u can never make it in life unless u follow a deadly shortcut like betting, then please continue..

Ire oh
yeah, just discovered that gambling isn't Short cut to success. 😭😭😭😭😭😭 please how can I stop??
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
embarassed
terrezo2002:

Do you know how much these betting companies make a day? Their licence money is in millions; tax is in millions; they pay staff; pay for space etc.
All the money they use is gotten from bettors.
You eventually lose in betting even you consistently win for days. Betting is an illusion. It is demonic.
Just overcome this demon and run for your life. If not, worst days are ahead.
Jesus Christ can save you.
Absolute fact but how will I be able to stop??
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
PedoBear:
Take a sip of sniper

It won't hurt
Absolutely No!
I can't die cos of gambling.!
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
cool NOTHING do you KEEP STAKING, play more till u USELESS, Tattered,,
NO! I don't want to play again..any advice on how to stop??😭😭
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by OlawaleBammie: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
Trevor125:
yeah, just discovered that gambling isn't Short cut to success. 😭😭😭😭😭😭 please how can I stop??
I don't know how to convince you to stop but I am sure that the day u realise that u can offer urself more important things rather than relying on betting as a shortcut to success that is the day u will liberate ursef from the shackles of gambling
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
superCleanworks:
you are almost there. Almost
certainly not, I'm drained!😭😭😭😭
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Usmanovic95:
Like every other addiction, betting is also quite hard to give up. I can tell you this because I have also been on that road.Betting create a false illusion that you can earn X2 of whatever you earn from your paid job by betting but in reality it is just a mirage.

Like every bad habit,you can't give it up at once, it has to be slowly and deliberate.No one can help you more to achieve this better than the person you see when you look in mirror.

Based on the context of your write up if it's not a cooked up story tho, I can infer that you have a well paying job, so you are not literally betting as means of survival, you are only betting because of the greed to make more money. You should be able to conquer the greed if you can adhere to this advice I will give you.

Firstly you have to get your self disciplined. Try hard to fight the urge of betting on a daily basis.You can probably start by betting on a weekend and make sure you don't play more than a ticket and restrict your stake to the to a certain amount maybe #100 or below. The only consistent thing in betting is losing and once you realize that your losses outweigh your winnings, naturally you start losing total interest in it if your case is not spiritual o lol.
Secondly man, you need a close confidant who you can share things and rub mind with.And the only person who can play that role is a girlfriend. Ffs you are even old enough to have oneπŸ˜… and try your best to get a decent who you can honestly express your weakness to and will also protect that weakness.

Lastly, get yourself engaged with something during your free time. It is when your mind is idle that the thought of betting start creeping in. If you no get anything to do find PlayStation to play or just sleep.
And most important thing you should know is that you also need prayers. It is well

This is not a cooked up saga, No one knows i gamble; i do it secretly...I'm earning well though but I can't stop gambling, just can't stop!!! I need help!!
As for having a girlfriend hmmm..😭😭😭😭
I just need to stop, then I will get a gf.
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2023
finallybusy:
Scam.
πŸ€”scam how??
Did I ask you for money??😑🀝
Boss i needed advice not money..so if don't have one rest...βœ‹
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

JUST? you say wetin? JUST 35?

YOU ARE OLD...........

haaa, they have ruined your life with addiction.

Let me give you a little help.... because I cant put full solution here.

Use Psalm 23 every night, read it into your bath water without soap, bathe with psalm 23, psalm 34 and 91.... for 7 days and the addiction will become very weak. Out of those 7 days, make sure you do 3 days fasting that you break by 7pm in the evening... READ THOSE PSALMS OUT ALOUD DURING THE FASTINGS O.

You will overcome the addiction, come back here and share your testimony
Thank you!! But it's quite hard!πŸ₯Ί
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
OneCandleAway:
Do mma instead if football.

You'll surely be able to predict the winner lol
Mmai can't comprehend what's your saying.πŸ€”
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Obaofpigs:
That money you use for gambling...use it for laudable activities.

Bless the needy
Go to good motherless babies homes
Give to widows..

Make sure you go there yourself and make a hefty donation. Don't fall for the FAKE people ooo. After that go to the gambling joints you frequent without any money and watch them play. Don't contribute or involve in the gambling ..just watch. Repeat this process like 10-20times and see yourself loosing interest in participating.

Buy essential things you need and cherish..don't buy disposable things that gamblers use as collateral when gambling.

After that, access yourself and see the inner peace you will have. That inner peace is the strength that will make you curb gambling addiction..just like cigarette addiction.

The first solution to quiting an addiction is agreeing you have an addiction. So as you have seen your problem, the solution is always available.

Good luck

Alright!!
I will give it a try.🀝❀️

1 Like

Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
drlateef:

You need psychotherapy and Behavioural therapy. Check up with a psychologist.
100%..😱 because I think,I'm not normal.😭😭πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ί
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
I don't know how to convince you to stop but I am sure that the day u realise that u can offer urself more important things rather than relying on betting as a shortcut to success that is the day u will liberate ursef from the shackles of gambling
Thank you sir, I wantin reporting to the police officersπŸ₯Ί nd tell them to lock me up for a week.. might be i will stop.πŸ€”πŸ€”
I'm not just okay boss.😭😭😭
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by Trevor125: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2023
dawnomike:
l Will still squeeze some money out nd play it..how i wish someone can beat me.πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­
Re: I'm Falling Slowly Please (advice Needed by drlateef: 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
Trevor125:
100%..😱 because I think,I'm not normal.😭😭πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ί

Gambling addiction is a recognised behavioural disorder.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Excuse Me, Ladies And Gentlemen : / Those In Germany Please Help Me Out, I Need Your Guidelines Now / Company Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.