Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) (46287 Views)

Mohbad Appears On Times Square’s Billboard In New York / Tiwa Savage's 49-99 Appears On New York Times Square Billboard / Burna Boy Billboard Spotted In Times Square, New York City (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by EBMedia: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9pfK3m2LVk

Singer Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba aka MohBad has appeared on Times Square’s billboard in New York.

Clips of his feature on the Times Square’s billboard displayed on Broadway Times Square, New York City surfaced recently surfaced online nine days after his highly controversial passing.

His passing attracted global attention after fans and supporters called for a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances of his death and justice on social media.

The Imole’s billboard message reads: “Will be remembered forever Mohbad. Legend are never forgotten. R.I.P.”

With his postmortem appearance, Mohbad has joined the impressive lineup of top Nigerian celebrities like Davido, Wizkid, Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, Tems and others who’ve been featured on New York Times Square’s billboard.

https://thenationonlineng.net/mohbad-appears-on-new-york-times-squares-billboard/

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by festacman(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2023
Imole shining even from the great beyond.

On the flip side, I think one of Mohbad's problems was that he was too simplistic about life and hustles. He wasn't that deep and like his name Imole, his heart had more lighted side than dark side. He came from the street due to the marital situation of his parents but he didn't belong to the street. The street is mean. The street is a jungle. The street is full of dark-hearted people. His father who raised him in the absence of his separated mother appear to have non self-assertive and tame personality. It looks obvious that Mohbad got these soft characteristics as well as his singing talent from him.

Unfortunately, Naira Marley drew a battle line and clearly communicated that to Mohbad but he didn't respond with the required sense of street apprehensiveness. He didn't seem to have taken the critical measures needed to protect himself out there in the street. He failed to apply the wisdom that the person who is pursued by or surrounded by enemies engages in eternal vigilance. He needed a strong spiritual cover and should have used his 'absent' mother as mothers could go long distant spiritual journeys to protect their children like mother-hen.

From videos on the SM, you could see a simple human being who just wanted to sing and be happy but unfortunately the world is a lot more complicated than simplistic. And it is even worse when you encounter a narcistic and dark-hearted fellow who has a long history of gangsterism from Peckam street of London.

May his gentle Soul rest in peace.

349 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by N3TRAL: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Mohbad is dead and he went to the grave on his family's approval but was brought back for autopsy due to public interest.

It is okay to mourn the early demise of the short-lived popstar but I stand with Naira Marley in all of this.

I stand with Naira Marley as a capitalist believer. Zinolesky, Mohbad, Kizz Daniel, Ayra Starr, Rema, Asake, Fireboy, Khaid are not musical stars just because they are talented. In fact, being a popular musical star has nothing to do with knowing how to sing or one's dexterity with musical instruments.

They're musical stars because someone took a loan from the bank or lenders and invested tens of millions of Naira or even dollars to put them in your faces until you accept them as stars by force. Everyone blames the record label bosses because they're not the main actors who perform on stage.

An idea is worth nothing without the resources to amplify it. In tech, angel investors and venture capitalists take the lion's share leaving founders with the bulk of the burden. In sports, agents like Mendes take their big cut. If it was easy, Mbappe would just wake up and leave PSG for Madrid. Why is it always different in the music business?

Defend the deceased as much as you like but the fact remains that nobody on the face of the earth forced him to sign the deal with Marlian records. When you sign an agreement, fortunately, one that brings fame and money to you, the least you can do is honour it.

If Loan Apps in Nigeria, like Palmpay, that have foreign investors and major corporate personnel have resorted to blackmailing the families of loan defaulters and even crashing events to disgrace and arrest their debtors what do you think street boys who hustled all their lives will do if a fellow ghetto nobody they lifted out of poverty plays ping pong with their millions worth of investment?

I unequivocally condemn the mode of debt recovery above as I only used that real-life scenario to point out the fact that Mohbad was Naira Marley's debtor until he died. The Courtroom or Arbitration house remains the best destination for dispute settlement.

However it must be stated that Mohbad's tragedy and Naira Marley's cancellation is like a loan app debtor committing suicide because the loan sharks blackmailed him to his family, friends, and colleagues. Naira Marley is simply that loan shark whose chronic debtor is involved in a fatal accident while trying to avoid the loan shark's constant harassment. Nobody blames the dead debtor but everyone blames the loan shark who had once given the debtor money and hope even though the debtor failed to keep his own part of the bargain.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family in their period of grief. I genuinely mourn Mohbad but refuse to join the herd to link his death to Naira Marley.

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by JealousCobra(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
😎

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Nazgul: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
This mohbad's death reminds me of Dagrin. May we not blow when we die. May we be alive to see and enjoy our success in Jesus name.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by FactBoyz: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
RIP Mohbad. But can someone explain to me why people protest a celebrity's death but cannot do same for bad governance. No be JUJU be dat?

Fuel went from N195 to N617. No one came out. The elections were rigged and made every single one of us look like fools. Nobody came out still. grin grin grin

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by englishmart(m): 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Celebrities are under too much pressure. I’m speaking from experience. The kind of pressure I face daily, sometimes I wish I were some street urchin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by HorlaMystic: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
IMOLE
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by baike: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Na so life be angry sad
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Kadejo(m): 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
R
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Odin13: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
He lives… cool

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by YeyeGbami: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
RIP LEGEND.

Stay away from drugs!

5 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by EmmaLege: 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Rest in peace Imole 💔

4 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Domaining101: 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:
RIP Mohbad. But can someone explain to me why people protest a celebrity's death but cannot do same for bad governance. No be JUJU be dat?
The kind of country we live in

15 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Dexy4yah(m): 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Rip imole

I wish Nigerians can use this same energy in protesting the killing of innocent people in Benue and Kaduna states by the fulanis.

10 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by DevilSignature: 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
angry

This mohbad got what he wanted now that is no more
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by sylve11: 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:

Fuel went from N195 to N617. No one came out. The elections were rigged and made every single one of us look like fools. Nobody came out still. grin grin grin

My brother, I tire. embarassed

Misplaced priority as usual. cool

15 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Yaboyingbo(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
G

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Neddstark: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
May we never be celebrated when dead than when alive. The dead do not feel a thing.

13 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by nkemoma(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Glory in death....

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Sirianese: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
N3TRAL:
Mohbad is dead and he went to the grave on his family's approval but was brought back for autopsy due to public interest.

It is okay to mourn the early demise of the short-lived popstar but I stand with Naira Marley in all of this.

I stand with Naira Marley as a capitalist believer. Zinolesky, Mohbad, Kizz Daniel, Ayra Starr, Rema, Asake, Fireboy, Khaid are not musical stars just because they are talented. In fact, being a popular musical star has nothing to do with knowing how to sing or one's dexterity with musical instruments.

They're musical stars because someone took a loan from the bank or lenders and invested tens of millions of Naira or even dollars to put them in your faces until you accept them as stars by force. Everyone blames the record label bosses because they're not the main actors who perform on stage.

An idea is worth nothing without the resources to amplify it. In tech, angel investors and venture capitalists take the lion's share leaving founders with the bulk of the burden. In sports, agents like Mendes take their big cut. If it was easy, Mbappe would just wake up and leave PSG for Madrid. Why is it always different in the music business?

Defend the deceased as much as you like but the fact remains that nobody on the face of the earth forced him to sign the deal with Marlian records. When you sign an agreement, fortunately, one that brings fame and money to you, the least you can do is honour it.

If Loan Apps in Nigeria, like Palmpay, that have foreign investors and major corporate personnel have resorted to blackmailing the families of loan defaulters and even crashing events to disgrace and arrest their debtors what do you think street boys who hustled all their lives will do if a fellow ghetto nobody they lifted out of poverty plays ping pong with their millions worth of investment?

I unequivocally condemn the mode of debt recovery above as I only used that real-life scenario to point out the fact that Mohbad was Naira Marley's debtor until he died. The Courtroom or Arbitration house remains the best destination for dispute settlement.

However it must be stated that Mohbad's tragedy and Naira Marley's cancellation is like a loan app debtor committing suicide because the loan sharks blackmailed him to his family, friends, and colleagues. Naira Marley is simply that loan shark whose chronic debtor is involved in a fatal accident while trying to avoid the loan shark's constant harassment. Nobody blames the dead debtor but everyone blames the loan shark who had once given the debtor money and hope even though the debtor failed to keep his own part of the bargain.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family in their period of grief. I genuinely mourn Mohbad but refuse to join the herd to link his death to Naira Marley.

What a load of garbage

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by KingLennon(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
God abeg make e no be say, I don die first before my face come show for billboard

RIP Imole

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Urheadmaster(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Imole lives on cool
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Artscollection: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
festacman:
Imole shining even from the great beyond.

On the flip side, I think one of Mohbad's problems was that he was too simplistic about life and hustles. He wasn't that deep and like his name Imole, his heart had more lighted side than dark side. He came from the street due to the marital situation of his parents but he didn't belong in the street. The street is mean. The street is jungle. The street is full of dark-hearted people. His father who raised in the absence of his separated mother appear to have non self-assertive and tame personality. It looks obvious that Mohbad got these soft characteristics as well as his singing talent from him.

Unfortunately, Naira Marley drew a battle line and clearly communicated that to Mohbad but he didn't respond with the required sense of street apprehensiveness. He didn't seem to have taken critical measures needed to protect himself out there in the street. He failed to apply the wisdom that the person who is pursued by or surrounded by enemies engages in eternal vigilance. He needed a strong spiritual cover and should have used his 'absent' mother as mothers could go long distant spiritual journeys to protect their children like mother-hen.

From videos on the SM, you could see a simple human being who just wanted to sing and be happy but unfortunately the world is a lot more complicated than simplistic. And it is even worse when you encounter a narcistic and dark-hearted fellow who has a long history of gangsterism from Peckam street of London.

May his gentle Soul rest in peace.

Iam a gentle man but i deal with threats decisevely

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by MS247: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
cool
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Pooly: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2023
but we all agreed tinubu is the best man for the job right?
FactBoyz:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Fat Shames Fan Who Advised Him To Get Married / Meet Chidokeyz: Could He Be Chioma’s Brother Davido Featured On His Song? / Zainab Abimbola Rufai: Olakunle Churchill Dumped Me To Marry Bimbo Taiye Coker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.