Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria (1777 Views)

How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? / First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria / 8 Years Gone. Am Tired Of Being Jobless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by CloudTrees(f): 9:04am On Sep 24, 2023
Depression will almost drive mad if it doesn't lead to contemplating suicide.

Its not easy, I had to sell my LG TV and pressing Iron when hunger wanted to kill me. I used the money to buy some food and also move around applying for jobs in several places. Before I opened my eyes, the money don finish.

I made up my mind that I won't stay at home applying for jobs online so I hit the street.
I went to a Car Painting shop, to learn the skill. When the man saw me, he thought I brought a job for him. He later said he has alot of apprentice under him already grin .
Then he recommended me to one of his colleagues that was into Welding. When I got there, the man Legit told me to go raises money and go into business.

It's not easy but God is going to make a way angry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Pojomojo: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2023
LUAN:
If I narrate what am passing through, you go weak
Share someone could help you
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Emmanuelofph: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2023
Nwaotu10:

video editing and cinematography skills.
you can execute basic video editing with a laptop, you don't need sophisticated instruments for a start
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Prouddad38(m): 10:02am On Sep 24, 2023
I GOT PAID!
CliqlyPro Email Marketing That Pays!
Getting Paid to Send Emails Daily From Home...

Contact us today to join and enjoy the benefits

Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Nwaotu10(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
Emmanuelofph:
you can execute basic video editing with a laptop, you don't need sophisticated instruments for a start

I currently own a mini laptop, but it's no longer meeting my requirements, as many of the client projects I receive now necessitate a high-performance graphics card laptop for optimal performance.

The laptop in question costs over #300,000.
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
go farm!, go farm!!, go farm!!!
Do export and import.
There's a food accessories that is sold at 200- 500 naira in Nigeria but in overseas, it is around 20 USD, you know 20 USD is around 20k, so, Imagine buying something at 500 naira and selling it at 20k. Load exportation deals with weight and a kg can be 5k naira, 1kg of the accessories am doing research on could make 10 million naira. This is what Yoruba and igbo use daily at home. Even some Ghanian use it.
Job no day, job no day, what you supposed to dey do is to go and think what you could do. Instead of being depressed, go and think crazily of what you could do. As a university students, I teach Foreigners and I earn around 120k monthly, yet some graduate dey earn 20k, what I do is just like 1 hour job daily.
the way job is, several has changed and only those whose understands, continue learning, will make it. Work no dey but are you updated with what's trending in all walks of life. It's a thing to know something exists, it's another thing to have money to do it. Am not here to vent anger but what have experience with my eyes, I don't think any job can pay me in this Nigeria.I don't have money yet o but what have been exposed to made me ulter that.
Work no dey, work no dey, do you read? do you think? do you research? do you do new things? Many reasons of not getting job can be attributed to not being updated. Yes. Many people still does things the old way of which it has changed. For example, if 10 million of Nigerians plant an hectarecre of castor seeds, It cannot be enough for Export, despite you dey say work no dey. a tonne of castor seeds is around 1million naira currently. India, China, Brazil, Israel are major producers of Castor in the world, India produce 85 percent, China does 7 percent, Brazil does 3, I think Israel 2 and the rest 3 is shared but other countries in the world. Castor is not always enough is supply and Africans has best soil for it but we dey shout, work no dey. Nigeria import around 400 bn of palm oil yearly, yet we dey say work no dey, sunflower seeds Farming is a business that can make you millionaire in months, but how many people know what sunflower is. Don't say work no dey if you don't read widely, research, think, in and out of your field. Am not a farmer but I saw a cheat to making money, that's why I entered and am happy I did.
During fuel scarcity, I got to know about electric bike, I don't even know it exists, I only know of cars which are expensive. Now, how many people knows electric bike is in Lagos at around 300k for fairly used. Yet, we go dey shout fuel is cost. I went to Lagos from my place to see the bike and I saw it. You can imagine if a lot of people know about it. That's why it's those that are exposed and updated that might be doing something effortlessly in all field.
Another thing, I have a machine that I use to spray 10 acres of land alone in 5 hrs, yet you say work no dey, A friends make around 100k daily on affiliate marketing yet work no dey.
Let me say this, work dey, na you no see am.

Not only in Agriculture, it's in all field and only those who are updated will be successful.
In Agriculture, their is advancement, in Medicine there is, in all field there is advancement but many aren't moving but stagnant. Even if you don't have money to advance, try to know about what's up.
Before in medicine, we do have problem with genotype etc but now we have IVF, PGD, you can now buy sperm, you can buy egg, you can surrogate, you can inseminate artificially. in fact, that's the job of some guys abroad, they sell their sperm and make money.
Before in Journalism, you have to go and do it in University before you can be certified and make money but now, everyone knows that there are several people on social media doing journalism work base on news going on air and make their money.
Can you play game with your friends overseas before? but now you can do that online. Do you know jobs those development will stop and those new ones it will create.
There's a time an artiste said he needs those who will be responding to his emails and he will pay 100k. But na here we dey dey shout no job.
To some of us, change of environment is what will need, our service will render in where we are is too saturated there and we need change of environment. But the socialization of the environment might not want some leave.
To some, we don't want to swallow our pride and do some dirty job like cleaning whereas if we travel out we go dey fight to do the cleaning.
Some guys make 10k daily on charging phone only, yet work no dey.
There's a woman that charges 1000usd for lifetime matchmaking fees, she has office in Ibadan here in Akala way yet work no dey.
There are so many opportunities that I may not be able to exhaust if I start listing but many of us are not expose.
If you dey find work, thier are something you should not stop doing, they are, don't stop taking any opportunities to make money, as dry season is moving nearer, rain stops and food increase, do you know that those smart ones in North will be the one to feed us in Nigeria. How do they do that? they irrigate, currently if you have a dam or body of water in your environment, if those Hausas got to know, they can buy the land. Those that aren't irrigate will bring out already stored foods while it was many. That's food storage business.
imagine, when maize was plenty, they have taken the opportunity to store it to when it will be costly. And so for other plants.

Another thing you shouldn't stop to do is not to stop trying new things, if one thing doesn't work, think of another thing you can do. It's not a must to do job commonly known, you can form your own job once you are please and it pays you. There are several funny jobs overseas, jobs like babysitting, company keeping, living In maid; you will be living with elderly people and they will be paying you salary, there are some that helps business mogul to think about a business strategy, loss, gain, e.t.c. Who knows that charging could give some people money? Was delivering goods a job In year 2000 in Nigeria? But not look at how different young guys dey do delivery job.

Also, don't stop to do research about something, their is always something to research on. That's what make you young, known, and can give you chance over others. it might be something done in a country but not in yours, you can bring it. Last week, I saw a video in Uganda where the guy uses motor cycle to pump water after attaching a single pump to it. That idea isn't common here, I asked a guy from North immediately and he said he had seen it before. So, don't stop trying something new, it is not necessary you base on your field or discipline alone, try to go out of your field and see what you can be interested in.

So, if you believe work no dey, dey play, dey play o, just dey play.
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by tydi(m): 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hardeywale05:

I will like to contact you, sir. How can I?
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Zaynkad: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
tydi:

Send me a pm
Sent a mail
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by irumanle(m): 2:30pm On Sep 25, 2023
I single-handedly sponsored my education from JSS 2 to ND, and then to my first degree. I have whatever experience you may be asking for in the construction industry. I am intentional about not only my career but living generally. With vast experience in cost management and overall project management in complex and capital-intensive projects such as ShopRite mall, CBN, public schools, WHO projects etc., landing a job seems like an impossible thing. I am typing this with a heavy heart and blurry eyes devoid of any hope in sight. If you come across this write-up I need any help you could render.
Thank you.
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by FunnyDude(m): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
Do export and import.
There's a food accessories that is sold at 200- 500 naira in Nigeria but in overseas, it is around 20 USD, you know 20 USD is around 20k, so, Imagine buying something at 500 naira and selling it at 20k. Load exportation deals with weight and a kg can be 5k naira, 1kg of the accessories am doing research on could make 10 million naira. This is what Yoruba and igbo use daily at home. Even some Ghanian use it.
Job no day, job no day, what you supposed to dey do is to go and think what you could do. Instead of being depressed, go and think crazily of what you could do. As a university students, I teach Foreigners and I earn around 120k monthly, yet some graduate dey earn 20k, what I do is just like 1 hour job daily.
the way job is, several has changed and only those whose understands, continue learning, will make it. Work no dey but are you updated with what's trending in all walks of life. It's a thing to know something exists, it's another thing to have money to do it. Am not here to vent anger but what have experience with my eyes, I don't think any job can pay me in this Nigeria.I don't have money yet o but what have been exposed to made me ulter that.
Work no dey, work no dey, do you read? do you think? do you research? do you do new things? Many reasons of not getting job can be attributed to not being updated. Yes. Many people still does things the old way of which it has changed. For example, if 10 million of Nigerians plant an hectarecre of castor seeds, It cannot be enough for Export, despite you dey say work no dey. a tonne of castor seeds is around 1million naira currently. India, China, Brazil, Israel are major producers of Castor in the world, India produce 85 percent, China does 7 percent, Brazil does 3, I think Israel 2 and the rest 3 is shared but other countries in the world. Castor is not always enough is supply and Africans has best soil for it but we dey shout, work no dey. Nigeria import around 400 bn of palm oil yearly, yet we dey say work no dey, sunflower seeds Farming is a business that can make you millionaire in months, but how many people know what sunflower is. Don't say work no dey if you don't read widely, research, think, in and out of your field. Am not a farmer but I saw a cheat to making money, that's why I entered and am happy I did.
During fuel scarcity, I got to know about electric bike, I don't even know it exists, I only know of cars which are expensive. Now, how many people knows electric bike is in Lagos at around 300k for fairly used. Yet, we go dey shout fuel is cost. I went to Lagos from my place to see the bike and I saw it. You can imagine if a lot of people know about it. That's why it's those that are exposed and updated that might be doing something effortlessly in all field.
Another thing, I have a machine that I use to spray 10 acres of land alone in 5 hrs, yet you say work no dey, A friends make around 100k daily on affiliate marketing yet work no dey.

Not only in Agriculture, it's in all field and only those who are updated will be successful.
In Agriculture, their is advancement, in Medicine there is, in all field there is advancement but many aren't moving but stagnant. Even if you don't have money to advance, try to know about what's up.
Before in medicine, we do have problem with genotype etc but now we have IVF, PGD, you can now buy sperm, you can buy egg, you can surrogate, you can inseminate artificially. in fact, that's the job of some guys abroad, they sell their sperm and make money.
Before in Journalism, you have to go and do it in University before you can be certified and make money but now, everyone knows that there are several people on social media doing journalism work base on news going on air and make their money.
Can you play game with your friends overseas before? but now you can do that online. Do you know jobs those development will stop and those new ones it will create.
There's a time an artiste said he needs those who will be responding to his emails and he will pay 100k. But na here we dey dey shout no job.
To some of us, change of environment is what will need, our service will render in where we are is too saturated there and we need change of environment. But the socialization of the environment might not want some leave.
To some, we don't want to swallow our pride and do some dirty job like cleaning whereas if we travel out we go dey fight to do the cleaning.
There's a woman that charges 1000usd for lifetime matchmaking fees, she has office in Ibadan here in Akala way yet work no dey.

So, if you believe work no dey, dey play, dey play o.

God bless you, alot of people are kind of lazy to research what will put food on their table. All they know is job, job and job.

Why can't you be creative as a graduate.

I wrote 4 emails for a foreign and charged $400 ($100 per email).
Guess what?

I do this for about 5 other clients monthly, do the maths.

I'm a 2.2 graduate but I quickly skilled up in 2018.

As a graduate, go to Upwork jobs are being posted every seconds. Question is do you have the skill to get those jobs?

Food for thought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2023
FunnyDude:

God bless you, alot of people are kind of lazy to research what will put food on their table. All they know is job, job and job.

Guess what?

As a graduate, go to Upwork jobs are being posted every seconds. Question is do you have the skill to get those jobs?

Food for thought.
There are several field that are really looking for workers but na to stay in one place dey lament.
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Drone95(m): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
Do export and import.

So, if you believe work no dey, dey play, dey play o.
hello bro, you just opened my eyes to opportunities pls how can I contact you?
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
Drone95:
hello bro, you just opened my eyes to opportunities pls how can I contact you?
message me on Whatsapp 0803154250 nine

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by 23jerryking(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2023
FunnyDude:

Guess what?

Food for thought.
The way you all spee trashes sometimes ehn, talking as if skills are taught for free. When God shows you mercy on time you begin to feel that others are lazy. No job can afford me the kind of life I desire for myself and family but at least I need a headstart somewhere first, or are you willing to teach me a skill for free then I pay later when it starts yielding results? You should be thankful to God, don't think others are lazy. However touching your story might seem, do not think you've been through what others have.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by 23jerryking(m): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
Do export and import.

There are so many opportunities that I may not be able to exhaust if I start listing but many of us are not expose.
If you dey find work, thier are something you should not stop doing, they are, don't stop taking any opportunities to make money, as dry season is moving nearer, rain stops and food increase, do you know that those smart ones in North will be the one to feed us in Nigeria. How do they do that? they irrigate, currently if you have a dam or body of water in your environment, if those Hausas got to know, they can buy the land. Those that aren't irrigate will bring out already stored foods while it was many. That's food storage business.
imagine, when maize was plenty, they have taken the opportunity to store it to when it will be costly. And so for other plants.

Another thing you shouldn't stop to do is not to stop trying new things, if one thing doesn't work, think of another thing you can do. It's not a must to do job commonly known, you can form your own job once you are please and it pays you. There are several funny jobs overseas, jobs like babysitting, company keeping, living In maid; you will be living with elderly people and they will be paying you salary, there are some that helps business mogul to think about a business strategy, loss, gain, e.t.c. Who knows that charging could give some people money? Was delivering goods a job In year 2000 in Nigeria? But not look at how different young guys dey do delivery job.

Also, don't stop to do research about something, their is always something to research on. That's what make you young, known, and can give you chance over others. it might be something done in a country but not in yours, you can bring it. Last week, I saw a video in Uganda where the guy uses motor cycle to pump water after attaching a single pump to it. That idea isn't common here, I asked a guy from North immediately and he said he had seen it before. So, don't stop trying something new, it is not necessary you base on your field or discipline alone, try to go out of your field and see what you can be interested in.

So, if you believe work no dey, dey play, dey play o, just dey play.
Guy, I clearly understand you. I've tried some of these things and even got scammed by the supposed teacher cheesy. But have I given up? No of course!!!
What I just need mostly now is a change of environment at least. Perhaps the results of my efforts will be different.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
23jerryking:
The way you all spee trashes sometimes ehn, talking as if skills are taught for free. When God shows you mercy on time you begin to feel that others are lazy. No job can afford me the kind of life I desire for myself and family but at least I need a headstart somewhere first, or are you willing to teach me a skill for free then I pay later when it starts yielding results? You should be thankful to God, don't think others are lazy. However touching your story might seem, do not think you've been through what others have.
go and get paid job to get money for whatever training you want to learn now. It depends on how desperate you are, I will plant by December this year, and have been buying what I will need since July this year because I don't want Bleep up.
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by anu3: 11:08pm On Sep 25, 2023
irumanle:
I single-handedly sponsored my education from JSS 2 to ND, and then to my first degree. I have whatever experience you may be asking for in the construction industry. I am intentional about not only my career but living generally. With vast experience in cost management and overall project management in complex and capital-intensive projects such as ShopRite mall, CBN, public schools, WHO projects etc., landing a job seems like an impossible thing. I am typing this with a heavy heart and blurry eyes devoid of any hope in sight. If you come across this write-up I need any help you could render.
Thank you.

Commit your ways to God, obey and trust Him for help... He can bless you so much that money becomes boring.

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by FunnyDude(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2023
23jerryking:

No one is lazy actually, but most now want fast money that's why.

Read my story on my past threads, I also suffered too.
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by tydi(m): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2023
Zaynkad:

Sent a mail
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Zaynkad: 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
tydi:

Send me a pm

Done
Re: Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria by Blupen969(m): 11:36am On Nov 05, 2023
CloudTrees:
Depression will almost drive mad if it doesn't lead to contemplating suicide.

Its not easy, I had to sell my LG TV and pressing Iron when hunger wanted to kill me. I used the money to buy some food and also move around applying for jobs in several places. Before I opened my eyes, the money don finish.

I made up my mind that I won't stay at home applying for jobs online so I hit the street.
I went to a Car Painting shop, to learn the skill. When the man saw me, he thought I brought a job for him. He later said he has alot of apprentice under him already grin .
Then he recommended me to one of his colleagues that was into Welding. When I got there, the man Legit told me to go raises money and go into business.

It's not easy but God is going to make a way angry

so what did you do??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nestle N Elf Tests/interview / Diamond Bank. / Vacancy In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.