Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland (3621 Views)

Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out / Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast / Jade Faulkner, Nigerian Gymnast At The Commonwealth Games. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by MurderX: 11:20am On Sep 23, 2023
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJ7qbYaR/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxhGRkGt7HC/?igshid=M2MyMzgzODVlNw==

Watch chilling video of how this Nigerian gymnast child was treated.
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Beremx(f): 11:31am On Sep 23, 2023
I watched it on Facebook yesterday and I almost broke down in tears. I just imagined what was going on in the mind of the girl.
I expected her parents to protest. I hope they did later

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Throwback: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2023
I can never love any country more than my country Nigeria.

That is why I have never fancied all this migration ambitions that many Nigerians are obsessed about.

I see the good development in other top countries and I don't want to enjoy it there alone, but to have it in my country Nigeria also.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by MurderX: 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Beremx:
I watched it on Facebook yesterday and I almost broke down in tears. I just imagined what was going on in the mind of the girl.

It is really heartbreaking, anybody with blood will shed tears for this girl.
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by huptin(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Some of these whites are heartless!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by GeneralPula: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
They've successfully put a lifetime trauma in that little girl..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by DesChyko: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Then there are some of us who fight to make here worth living in.

And those who hide under the guise of patriotism, to keep the home country as it is.
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Utsmandanfodio: 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Sad
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by nobaga: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
Racism is better than tribalism abi

Utsmandanfodio:
Sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by BoldBrainz(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
The ones who lament the most about racism are ironically the chief enablers of tribalism in their own country.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
Beremx:

Protest! Lol. grin. She should triple her efforts so that she becomes a super woman in the world of gymnastics so much that she becomes a god for the same whites to worship.

I learnt this from, Oprah Winfery.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by being(m): 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Protest! Lol. grin. She should triple her efforts so that she becomes a super woman in the world of gymnastics so much that she becomes a god for the same whites to worship.

Lets be calming down... hw many people can be successful like this? Very few. And even Oprah still experiences racism..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
being:

Lets be calming down... hw many people can be successful like this? Very few. And even Oprah still experiences racism..

You didn't get her point. Her advice is very straight forward. Be of value, build on yourself so much that you command respect from others and such that they find you indispensable.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2023
This is why I don't support japa japa japa
Stay home and build your families
A successful family will always Prosper
Stay home and build your continent and stop being a cry baby all over the world

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by nobaga: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
Everyone is not a superwoman or Oprah. People just want to be successful doing what other successful people that work hard are doing.

Do you know how many people broke their neck trying to be Superman?

Especially so early in life. You want better Oyinbo education, no be so

Zxcvbnmghtr:

You didn't get her point. Her advice is very straight forward. Be of value, build on yourself so much that you command respect from others.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
nobaga:
Everyone is not a superwoman or Oprah. People just want to be successful doing what other successful people that work hard are doing.

Do you know how many people broke their neck trying to be Superman?

Especially so early in life. You want better Oyinbo education, no be so

Do you know the risk the same oyinbo subject themselves to before becoming successful? grin

The reality is, if you are dark in complexion you will be subjected to some kind of negative discrimination. This applies too, among black Africans and that's why manufacturers of bleaching cream make alot of money.

Please know this TRUTH. There is so much statisfaction in functionality than aesthetics.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by ElSudani: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
All of you japa people who run down your country. Even after surviving the Mediterranean sea don't be surprised if your children have to face this on the other side.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by jedisco(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Sad watching this.
Apparently, it happened 18m ago but has just gone viral.

Their gymnastic federation has issued an apology which I find half-hearted.

Discrimination anywhere should be should be fought. Sadly, it happens even in Nigeria.

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by nobaga: 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
Please read what I wrote again. To be successful anywhere, you have to work hard. Unless you belong to a privileged class.

The point here is that there is a price to pay to be a super man or woman. Those who failed or perish are unknown.

The notion that there is discrimination everywhere failed to take account of race. Yes, there is discrimination in Africa like everywhere, add race on top of that.

As for bleaching, school them on the "one drop" rule. Bleaching is in response to Black men preference for anything closer to white. So, Black women give it to them.

Zxcvbnmghtr:

Do you know the risk the same oyinbo subject themselves to before becoming successful? grin

The reality is, if you are dark in complexion you will be subjected to some kind of negative discrimination. This applies too, among black Africans and that's why manufacturers of bleaching cream make alot of money.

Please know this TRUTH. There is so much statisfaction in functionality than aesthetics.
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Beremx(f): 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

before that happens, she should not be racially abused. She's still a child you know

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by jedisco(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
ElSudani:
All of you japa people who run down your country. Even after surviving the Mediterranean sea don't be surprised if your children have to face this on the other side.

Japa does not absolve standing against this.
Racism juut as discrimination everywhere should be fought

Many Nigerians in western nations would tell you they suffered more discrimination as Nigerians in Nigeria than what they encounter abroad which is really bad. Look at NL for example and compare it to reddit. How many other places would you see people freely using common slurs we have normalised here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by being(m): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You didn't get her point. Her advice is very straight forward. Be of value, build on yourself so much that you command respect from others.
To even build on herself, she needs their platform.
See yes, u are more valued, the more value u have, but the racism is always there- even prominent footballers who have contributed a lot to their clubs experience racism. So don't imply that racism will disappear because u r successful.. they might not even allow u to be.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
Beremx:
before that happens, she should not be racially abused. She's still a child you know

She should be properly oriented that racism is a reality of life and should embrace it in a positive way so much that it makes her stronger and not to make her depressed. Its all about our mindset.

being:

To even build on herself, she needs their platform.
See yes, u are more valued, the more value u have, but the racism is always there- even prominent footballers who have contributed a lot to their clubs experience racism. So don't imply that racism will disappear because u r successful.. they might not even allow u to be.
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Bukola94: 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Throwback:
I can never love any country more than my country Nigeria.

That is why I have never fancied all this migration ambitions that many Nigerians are obsessed about.

I see the good development in other top countries and I don't want to enjoy it there alone, but to have it in my country Nigeria also.
May God bless you in abundance and may God bless Nigeria in abundance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by BadMaster: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Sorry, but your comment is senseless and totally useless as regards the context of discussion. I am very sure you didn't even watch the video in question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
BadMaster:

Sorry, but your comment is senseless and totally useless as regards the context of discussion. I am very sure you didn't even watch the video in question.

grin lol
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by APOPTOSIS: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
The Truth is, the Black Girl is even far more beautiful than all the white girls including the lady awarding the medal. See how pretty she looks...
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by being(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

She should be properly oriented that racism is a reality of life and should embrace it in a positive way so much that it makes her stronger and not to make her depressed. Its all about our mindset.
Anyways, that's a way to handle the problem. My counterpoint to u was for u not to brush aside the problem and say it is nothing serious.. Because racism causes serious psychological distress.
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
being:

Anyways, that's a way to handle the problem. My counterpoint to u was for u not to brush aside the problem.. Because racism causes serious psychological distress.

That is true, alot of other things causes psychological distress too. The best way out is to be in control of your mind. Even happiness is an art of the mind. If you practice this art so well, you will know how to quickly switch to your happy state in times of distress.
Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Resees: 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yourbas did the same to Igbos living in Lagos during the election many people even lost their lives, Igbos on the other hands don’t get along with their own people that’s why our south east is a big mess today. Africans don’t get along with each others so guess what black people are bleeped forever.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gymnast Girl Face Chilling Racism In Ireland by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
Resees:
Yourbas did the same to Igbos living in Lagos during the election many people even lost their lives, Igbos on the other hands don’t get along with their own people that’s why our south east is a big mess today. Africans don’t get along with each others so guess what black people are bleeped forever.

There are those who are called 'OSU' in Igboland. These people are also Igbos but are discrimated against by not Yorubas nor Fulanis, nor Tiv but Igbos which they are a part of.

Kindly look inwards. Thank you.

You think Western Europeans get along with Eastern Europeans?

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Won’t Believe What These 2 LINES On Ronaldo’s Head Mean / Sterling, Silva Scores Against Arsenal As Man City Winning Form Continues / Free Betting Codes For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.