Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? (24914 Views)

Which App Consumes More Data On Your Phone The Most? / What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? / How Does Phone Master On Infinix Phones Work ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Girlyy: 3:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hello Rikkee, what's up
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by martineverest(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
The better the screen resolution,the more the data consumption, especially when viewing pics and videos
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Bethel4Life(f): 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
post=125979233:
It is possible that your network provider could, indeed, mess up or add you extra data charges but its highly unlikely.
Your charges are calculated by computers. You can download an external app for monitoring your data usage though.

We Rise.
ok
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by nairamaniac: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hitekk, phone brands doesnt determine the data consumption.

Two major things determines the consumption.
1. The RAM(3GIG RAM, 4GIG RAM, 8GIG RAM). The higher the RAM, the higher the MBPS, the more data it consumes.

2. The generation of the network being used.
(2G Network, 3G Network, 4G Network).

However different network providers determine the data consumption.
You cant compare the consumption of data for MTN network to AIRTEL.
Airtel would finish you.
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Fizalis(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2023
phr0nesis:

* You just stated it that watching videos with higher resolution consumes more data. Why then would a phone with bigger and sharper screen display not consume data when accessing the internet.
* There are websites you visit where video ads are while you are surfing the internet. Those ads consume data. With a slower connectivity, it takes time for those ads to load, let alone play. When you are on YouTube, WhatsApp (viewing status), tiktok, and you play a video but decide against watching it, with a faster connectivity, that video has probably already loaded the entire video, thereby consuming the required data whether you watched it or not.

Good point about ads on sites

Use ad blockers or use the close options on top of the ad window(it's an "x"wink

For YouTube, an option to switch off or prevent auto play,preview or auto loading of those status videos dey na. You have to go to settings and set it.

As for screens you the owner gats decide the video quality na. Phones with higher resolution screens don't automatically consume data cause they are AMOLED or Super AMOLED (the highest quality screen types currently) Try watching a 240p, 360p, 480p 720p, 1080p or 4k video on a low end and high end phone and see the difference. The difference is in how vibrant and how realistic pictures and videos look and not data consumption.

On whatsapp you decide not to watch status simple no matter ur network speed.

To be sure or clear your doubts about screen resolution effects on data consumption, you need to get two phones and do your experiment.
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Fizalis(m): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
sad God bless you.Make i follow ur instruction

I forgot to tell you switch off auto updates of apps in your "google play" app

Also switch off "Auto sync" To do this go to settings and type "accounts" into the search bar. Click accounts and enter inside. Once in there, you'll see Auto sync on top or bottom of the page, just toggle off the "auto sync" What switching this off does are two fold, one it reduces data consumption and secondary reduces battery consumption too.
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by nurudeen181(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sirkingsnado:

The name bro
s23 or so
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by phr0nesis(m): 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Fizalis:

Good point about ads on sites

Use ad blockers or use the close options on top of the ad window(it's an "x"wink

For YouTube, an option to switch off or prevent auto play,preview or auto loading of those status videos dey na. You have to go to settings and set it.

As for screens you the owner gats decide the video quality na. Phones with higher resolution screens don't automatically consume data cause they are AMOLED or Super AMOLED (the highest quality screen types currently) Try watching a 240p, 360p, 480p 720p, 1080p or 4k video on a low end and high end phone and see the difference. The difference is in how vibrant and how realistic pictures and videos look and not data consumption.

On whatsapp you decide not to watch status simple no matter ur network speed.

To be sure or clear your doubts about screen resolution effects on data consumption, you need to get two phones and do your experiment.
What the close (X) option does is to remove the ads from your face; the video goes elsewhere and continues playing. Other points are valid
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Littlechild(m): 12:06am On Sep 25, 2023
hitekk:
Am currently using Samsung phone but it consumes data more that the previous brand I was using.

Am curious to know if brands consume data differently.

Yes, they do. The data consumption on phones varies. I recently had two different phones. One is Techno pop 5, and the other is Oppo Reno 7plus. I bought the Oppo but the techno was gifted to me.

The Techno has LCD display, and browse very slow

The Oppo Reno has AMOLED OS display and it is very reliably fast. I had to sell the techno because it consume so much data. I mean, so much data. Techno phones are kinda amature compared to the oppo.
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by AsaBlackheart(m): 8:37am On Sep 25, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Obviously, phone don dey show this one Shege! Wait for Data money to amount how much the Phone was PURCHASED
U will Learn! Still dey ▶️ grin
But if you mean App I agree.
App & file size on my Fold 4 are damn big! But the picture quality madt!

Bros make u dey calm down bfr u jump to conclusion.

Na Auto-correct replaced it with suggestions words. Phone-iphone.

Now I know the personality I am responding to , for u to say my USERNAME not correct! 😂
Set awon no VN no WA... half education

*Opulent not *Optulent.
Go back to school.
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Bukola94: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2023
Bullionaire:

YorubBad English

"On" data saver.

Haba!

Is "on" a verb?

YoruBad Heenglish!

Bukola!

(in Naira Marley voice)

How many times did I call you?

Or are you lodged in the OOOtel?
I was lodged in guest house. Mr good English, well done
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Bullionaire: 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bukola94:
I was lodged in guest house. Mr good English, well done

I apologize.

Honestly.

Your response just made me guilty.

1 Like

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by EASY39(m): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2023
tefund:
Is glo network stable for browsing ?
Very Good and Fast.Even last longer than Mtn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 / Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / $$$Fresh etibaba Browsing/download On D Move:2010###

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.