Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? (28491 Views)

Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic / Months After Her Arm Was Amputated, Nigerian Lady Shares Recovery Photo / Man Serves His Amputated Foot To Friends For Dinner (Graphic Story & Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Karleb(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
leeikem:
Who is feeding you all with this scam?
Diabetes existed when processed sugar and foods came into existence.
Diabetes is not hereditary, it’s continuous eating of bad foods.. from family to family.
Let the family check their ways of eating, you are what you eat..

If it’s not bad, start by eating pawpaw, the unripe one that looks like OKRA, it will drop the sugar level after eating for 3 days then you can start from there to heal.

Actually, some people are more likely to have diabetes because of heredity.

Aside that, there is type I diabetes that has nothing to do with what you eat.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Karleb(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2023
juman:

Thanks.
But I dont have diabetes.
I am just trying to prevent it.
One Meal a Day for a person that pick euro from the street is practically impossible.
One need energy.

As long as you are burning the food, please keep eating. In fact, eat to your satisfaction. Nothing do you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Imoksp(m): 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
Diabetes and other metabolic diseases can be reversed. You don't need to amputate the foot. Ask me for guidance.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by kkins25(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
sukkot:
wow what a story. We thank God that you are fine now. And yes everything is spiritual. Even the hereditary and lifestyle induced one are spiritual . Spirits can colonise your body and force you into a destructive lifestyle that will destroy your body. It's all spiritual
it would have made sense if he didn't take the drugs na. what's spiritual here after swallowing the medicine that was supposed to cure the ailment.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by kkins25(m): 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
tubolancer:
This is my story, we don't have it in my family, I don't engage in a destructive lifestyle, I do not drink alcohol, and do not patronize fast food outlets, I eat a balanced diet and engages in lots of exercises.

Maybe some insulin deficiency.. hooe u know, type 1 is gotten right from birth. doesn't have to be from ur father or mother... it could be passed down if grandparent or ancestors..
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by senatordee(m): 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
My advise is to go to the nearest teaching hospital where there are experts. The condition is curable, my mother inlaw of blessed memory was treated in UniAbuja teaching hospital Gwagwalada. Hitherto other doctors recommended amputation due to severity of the diabetic wound.
Give it a trial.

Best of luck.

HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now. Man is pain.

He’s always been diabetic but the foot got worse this past week and he’s been admitted. Unable to eat and sleep. I’m really scared for him.

Doctor gave advice that the foot is amputated to prevent the spread to the entire leg, but his families are objecting to this saying that they’d prefer to treat him.

My question is, is it best to treat him or get the leg amputated?

What are the chances of his survival doctors in the house?

File Photo: for illustration
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by ultraviolet27(f): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
Get aloe Vera Plant Crush or grind it to extract the Juice apply it until the Wound dries up Finish it Cures it

You Can also Use Close Up the Red original One apply it to the wound till it dries up!!

Try and Squeeze bitter Leaves and efirin(Scent leaf) to extrac6the Juice and give the Person to drink too and He should defer from taking Sugary and glucose laden Food for now

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by mistercharles: 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
doctokwus:
Depends on how far the gangrene has gone and if it's determined the diabetes cannot or is getting difficult to control.
Once it's determined to be gangrene,amputation is the best course of action to save the patient's life because you are looking at essentially a dead foot,toe or even leg still being harboured by the body.
The "deadness" would continue spreading because it's caused by toxins that have essentially eaten up the flesh.They rapidly multiply and look for other healthy parts to continue guzzling up till they basically shut down the person's entire system.
But of course,a doctor can only advice a patient on what he/she considers the best course of action to preserve life first and health as best as possible.The decision cannot be forced or imposed on the person so long he/she has been made aware of possible outcomes of refusing a course of management.
Wishing your friend the best but still tell him the risk to his life,unless it's not gangrene.
please what kind of diabetes affects the foot like this?? I hear there’s type 1 and type 2 can you throw more light on this please thank you
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Acidosis(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
Uchek:
Do u have it?

No, I don't.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by sukkot: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
Buydata:

How I can contact u pls ?
DM
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by sukkot: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
kkins25:

it would have made sense if he didn't take the drugs na. what's spiritual here after swallowing the medicine that was supposed to cure the ailment.
but even at that drugs do not cure diabetes. They manage it. Lifestyle changes is what cures it. So I would say the drug is a placebo. From what the guy described it sounds like what happened to him was a supernatural occurence
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by onlyforchrist: 8:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hi bro, can you treat dementia?

Admols:

If you live in or near Osogbo, I can treat your brother and when he is alright, you give me what you can afford.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by kkins25(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
sukkot:
but even at that drugs do not cure diabetes. They manage it. Lifestyle changes is what cures it. So I would say the drug is a placebo. From what the guy described it sounds like what happened to him was a supernatural occurence

Metformin is used with a proper diet and exercise program and possibly with other medications to control high blood sugar. It is used in[b] patients with type 2 diabetes. [/b] Controlling high blood sugar helps prevent kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems, loss of limbs, and sexual function problems. Proper control of diabetes may also lessen your risk of a heart attack or stroke. Metformin works by helping to restore your body's proper response to the insulin you naturally produce. It also decreases the amount of sugar that your liver makes and that your stomach/intestines absorb.

Obviously, the drugs did what they were meant to do. We can bet him to continue his lifestyle and let's see if it doesn't return. Op are you in?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by KIDfurniture(m): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
My brother , I answered the ones I could answer. I’m not here to force anyone to buy the products from me. You can ask about it from the state where you reside. I only replied cos I felt there was no need to cut off any part of the human body cos of that shit….

Ire ooooooo

psucc:
You've nit exhausted my questions.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by SUNNINO(m): 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
It requires care and someone always around her,we thank God she is doing great
Mummyimbecile:
Yeah, not every hospital can do it. It's only hospitals with Orthopedic Surgeons that can do it.

Hope your mom is doing great, it not an easy thing someone losing a limb.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by WipKnot: 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Go to Dr Buabeng authentic channel on YouTube

You would find the natural treatment in one of the videos

https://m.youtube.com/@BUAFOSTHERBALTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6UhoFUqkBI

HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Lobolintin(m): 2:11am On Sep 25, 2023
HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now. Man is pain.

He’s always been diabetic but the foot got worse this past week and he’s been admitted. Unable to eat and sleep. I’m really scared for him.

Doctor gave advice that the foot is amputated to prevent the spread to the entire leg, but his families are objecting to this saying that they’d prefer to treat him.

My question is, is it best to treat him or get the leg amputated?

What are the chances of his survival doctors in the house?

File Photo: for illustration

I fit recommend one dr...
For ketu... my mama dey walk fine today.. Ikeja said we should amputatd...but today she deh walk
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by doctokwus: 12:00am On Sep 26, 2023
mistercharles:
please what kind of diabetes affects the foot like this?? I hear there’s type 1 and type 2 can you throw more light on this please thank you
Yes there are 2 types.
Just to simplify a bit,type 1 commoner in childhood,they need insulin cause their body right from young age not producing enough of it.Type 2 commoner from adult age.This type,they produce insulin,but the body is not utilising it well or its not adequate due to them being obese,poor dieting,etc.
Now insulin is produced by the body in all humans,just the quantity or effective utilisation of it maybe what makes one diabetic or not.What it does is to ensure that the sugar we take in in form of carbohydrates in foods,sweets,beverages,cakes,soft drinks etc,is converted ultimately to energy that the body needs to function,so you can now understand that if insulin is not enough or doesn't work efficiently the sugars from the various sources I mentioned above,now present in our blood after being converted via digestion from the starting ingested carbohydrates,instead of being conveyed to energy that goes to the cells that gives us strength,energy to go about our duties,remains in the blood,as sugar,hence diabetes.
Some describe the disease as a case of one starving(lack of energy) in the midst of plenty(sugars in the blood).
That is what diabetes is all about.
It has numerous complications when not managed or controlled affecting the limbs(gangrene for eg),the skin (sores heal poorly or don't even heal at all),the eyes (poor sight or blindness),the kidneys(kidney damage or even failure),brain function and other organs.It also co-exists sometimes with hypertension or complicates hypertension(high BP).
So you can see how dangerous diabetes is.
Just as a note,though many Nigerians still live with the notion:drinking mineral on it's own can NEVER cause diabetes in someone that is healthy and producing insulin as he/she should.
Soft drinks and Only in excess becomes a problem with someone already tending to diabetes due to the insulin factor mentioned or in someone who is OBESE because in this case even though you are producing the converter insulin in amounts that should ordinarily be enough for your body,but because of the obesity that otherwise sufficient quantity now becomes no longer adequate,so you now trend to diabetes due to the obesity.
So if you reduce your weight enough,that in itself would likely correct your diabetic state.
I always tell people as an eg,that if soft drinks intake is the cause of diabetes,that half of Nigerians would be diabetic because we all grew up with liking and taking soft drinks the moment we took our first taste as kids!

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by HomoSapiien: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2023
The leg has been amputated embarassed
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by oxygenator: 6:23am On Sep 27, 2023
LordErrk:

I know that. We once had a patient with a severe gangrenous ulcer. Amputation was the only solution in Nigerian. But she was referred to a hospital in South Africa, had HBOT, and within months she came back well. It's all about the money in some cases
Also, the fact that op said the patient still feels pain means there's still some neuromuscular function

Amputation is a shortcut treatment that may not be the best option for the patient with nonhealing diabetic wounds.
Knowledgeable healthcare providers will always advocate hyperbaric oxygen therapy -hbot before a final decision is taken to amputate.

Dead bones or tissues need to be excised to prevent healing delays.

Even a successful amputation may still need extra HBOT sessions to prevent post-surgical complications or a recurrence.

We are HBOT providers in Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by damola1: 8:16am On Sep 29, 2023
HomoSapiien:
The leg has been amputated embarassed

How is the pain ?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by ConfidentialDoc: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Find out if you're at risk of amputation due to diabetic foot here :

https://www.nairaland.com/7882851/warning-diabetic-foot-signs-not
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Dougad: 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
[?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by obapedepede: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
... However it has put 'life' back into living for me - purely down to the dedication and talents of people that produce Agbo Ibile.

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by psucc(m): 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
obapedepede:
... However it has put 'life' back into living for me - purely down to the dedication and talents of people that produce Agbo Ibile.
Can you tell more about the product?

Due to the scams that so many have fallen victim, people no longer trust online claims on the treatment and or cure for diabetes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2 Pupils Die In Ogun After Taking Deworming Drugs / Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital / 9 Symptoms We Don't Worry About -- But Should

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.