Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? (28461 Views)

Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic / Months After Her Arm Was Amputated, Nigerian Lady Shares Recovery Photo / Man Serves His Amputated Foot To Friends For Dinner (Graphic Story & Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by justli: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
Look towards alternative medicine. A lot of things have cure outside Orthodox medicine. Orthodox medicine in general only manages symptoms and hardly attends to root cause. I will advice you check Dr berg on YouTube and other alternative medicine experts like Dr berg. Those guys are doing miracles everyday.

I remember when a doctor recommended we get an inhaler for my dad after a recurring cough.An alternative Dr recommended we add a type of balm in hot water and have him inhale it, and he should also take sugar cane juice.

After trying this for a couple of days, that cough never repeated. If we had attempted to treat him with an inhaler, that would have resul ted in a permanent asthma.

I think big pharma intentionally don't cure these ailments for greed.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by aurecia: 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
It happened to my mum. Immediately she heard amputation, she left the hospital to treat it elsewhere. She later passed on because it has spread to other parts. Do the needful as advised by the doctor. Your brother is healed in Jesus mighty name.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by HomoSapiien: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
SUNNINO:
Do a scan on the foot to determine the extent it has eaten, if it has go deep inside the best thing is amputation to save the life.

Scan has been done for about 2 days now, doctors keep saying result isn’t out and he is in pain. Not eaten or sleep for almost a week now.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by mariahAngel(f): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
Shaneroberts:

Yes. A water fast longer than 20 and above will reverse it. Fasting is nature's gift to man, it is not a religious phenomenom.
It is the quickest way to induce autophagy.
In 2121 I water-fasted for 2 weeks every month and it was surreal. The body heals itself through fasting. There is a difference between fasting and starvation.
Fasting is the greatest medicine in the world and it is free.
Improper blood circulation is the major cause of sicknesses.
That is why I don't joke with water fast,jump rope,blood donation after every 3 months,apple cider vinegar,probiotics,water purifier and extra virgin olive oil. I make sure I drink up to 16 litres of extra virgin olive oil every year. Na my life hack be this. And I am a vegetarian.

You're doing well, but 16 litres of EVOO a year!?
Isn't that too much? 😧
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by henks(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Diabetes is a terminal illness that can be cure, you just need the right information for your brother. I know of a women that had the same issue. She is fine now serving as usher in my church. Her case was that she was losing her foots, some were bending like crab. Believe you can treat that foot without amputation. Call me on 09164317751 lets talk for good.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Shaneroberts: 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
[quote author=mariahAngel post=125977907]
You're doing well, but 16 litres of EVOO a year!? Isn't that too much?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by akpogbenz(m): 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
If you know about Ganderma Mushroom Herbs revered as the KING OF HERBS they can be a solution. There are lots of proven and authentic testimonies without guess work on the how this Herb has recovered those with diabetic foots and gangrene feet. This is no story telling or a marketing gimmick to psyche you. Here is a picture of a matured woman who got her testimony from the therapy known as Ganotherapy. Am a Ganotherapist i can be reached on this line 09043638363 (Call/Whatsapp)

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Kurtis02(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now. Man is pain.

He’s always been diabetic but the foot got worse this past week and he’s been admitted. Unable to eat and sleep. I’m really scared for him.

Doctor gave advice that the foot is amputated to prevent the spread to the entire leg, but his families are objecting to this saying that they’d prefer to treat him.

My question is, is it best to treat him or get the leg amputated?

What are the chances of his survival doctors in the house?

File Photo: for illustration

I lost Someone very dear last year, same condition as you stated here.

The family should proceed with the amputation.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by BLACKPOWERS123: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now. Man is pain.

He’s always been diabetic but the foot got worse this past week and he’s been admitted. Unable to eat and sleep. I’m really scared for him.

Doctor gave advice that the foot is amputated to prevent the spread to the entire leg, but his families are objecting to this saying that they’d prefer to treat him.

Sorry about your brother, don't let anyone cut off his leg, go for herbal remedy, we are in cross river state, and we have herbal solution to issues like that. 09034568201, call or whatsapp, we waybill our products to all parts of the country.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Acidosis(m): 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
damola1:

Nothing complex about diabetes root cause.

It’s the symptoms that is complex. But the root cause na chop chop chop of wrong food and too much food.

It’s a disease of food abuse.

Lose 15kg. It is actually the game changer.

I will dash out reversing diabetes book by prof Roy to anyone keen about it. I bought 8units last week. Na me they train My doctor doctor sef. Cos they all getting wrong

Lose weight too and bp drops too.

I studied it. I am using it… my sugar no Dey pass 110 … and no be fluke …and been using drugs for over 10 years. Anyone who one delete .. just eat like 1-2 x daily… eat exceptional food like beans and potatoes and once a week do one food daily.

In 2-3 months.. he go shock you. As the other guy said… allow fasting intermittent be a part of you. Only eat between 6-8 hours. Don’t eat fruits . If you want to shut it down…

These are basic management tips, not cure. Every diabetic patient already knows what to eat and what to avoid. The main challenge is late diagnosis. Many diabetic people never get to know until it becomes problematic.

The root cause of diabetes is unknown. To link it with food is another misconception from you. It is partly hereditary. Many people eat all the food you are avoiding and they don't have diabetes. That automatically nullifies your claims. Some children under 16 also develop diabetes. How do you link such with food? Science deals with facts and cause-effect associations.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by sulphonate2000: 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yes, it be can treated with this wonderful herbal medicine called JIGSIMUR. Very effective for the treatment of all kinds of ailments, diseases, wounds,effections and lot more.
You can chat this number 08037239941.

You can as well ask any nairalander here for more information about the drug. Am sure the person will testify.pls chat that number .
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Shaneroberts: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
[quote author=mariahAngel post=125977907]
You're doing well, but 16 litres of EVOO a year!? Isn't that too much?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by grandstar(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien

It is best he gets rid of the foot before he is forced to cut the leg below the knee. That was what my dad was forced to undergo when he proved obstinate.

You dad should focus on reversing diabetes.

He needs to overhaul his diet.

Cut off all processed foods and any food with high glycaemic levels.

Eat foods close to their natural state,especiallygreens
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by SUNNINO(m): 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
My mum had this same issue,though it was amputated after the scan result, I may recommend Crown hospital in Nkpo Anambra state,that was where they did my mother's own,no hospital could do it in Delta state,some one recommended there for us,thank God we went there. They are really good at it.
HomoSapiien:

Scan has been done for about 2 days now, doctors keep saying result isn’t out and he is in pain. Not eaten or sleep for almost a week now.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by damola1: 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
Acidosis:

These are basic management tips, not cure. Every diabetic patient already knows what to eat and what to avoid. The main challenge is late diagnosis. Many diabetic people never get to know until it becomes problematic.

The root cause of diabetes is unknown. To link it with food is another misconception from you. It is partly hereditary. Many people eat all the food you are avoiding and they don't have diabetes. That automatically nullifies your claims. Some children under 16 also develop diabetes. How do you link such with food? Science deals with facts and cause-effect associations.

Partly hereditary. But more habits.

Type 1 is different from
Type 2.

I simplified it to the basic.

It’s not problematic overnight. First you start peeing for long hours. Start getting thinner.. etc…

See. The prof. Did study for years at uni of new castle. I can send you a freee copy. Pancreas of diabetic patients are smaller than others. Lose weight and it grows bigger.

But most importantly is that I am experiencing it.

Lose weight. Lose diabetes. Simple. I only broke it down simply to enable anyone who is interested in fixing theirs to pick it up and take it from
There. Not here to argue. I lost my mum to complications from it. So I definitely am telling you whatsapp

Same with high blood pressure. Lose 10kg and it drops like whoop!

Last 1 week of my fbs and others random. I tested this during Covid…. All greens!

All na chop chop wahala…

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
You guys will have to do a Doppler ultrasound to determine blood flow in that particular leg. Anywhere blood flow stops will just have to be amputated.

Another surgery can be done(I've forgotten what it's called). The surgery involves taking a vein from the other foot and putting it in the affected foot so that blood flow can start on the affected leg. But the surgery is damn expensive, about 3 million naira, and it's 50:50.

I suggest you go for amputation, and they have to be fast about it so it doesn't spread... If it enters the bloodstream( God forbid), it can cause sepsis and sepsis shock.

Amputate the leg and get the patient a prosthesis.

Life goes on.

I wish you guys all the best.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Ezechimma(m): 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2023
Go to a teaching hospital, the doctors would be in the best position to decide
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
SUNNINO:
My mum had this same issue,though it was amputated after the scan result, I may recommend Crown hospital in Nkpo Anambra state,that was where they did my mother's own,no hospital could do it in Delta state,some one recommended there for us,thank God we went there. They are really good at it.
Yeah, not every hospital can do it. It's only hospitals with Orthopedic Surgeons that can do it.

Hope your mom is doing great, it not an easy thing someone losing a limb.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
sulphonate2000:
Yes, it be can treated with this wonderful herbal medicine called JIGSIMUR. Very effective for the treatment of all kinds of ailments, diseases, wounds,effections and lot more.
You can chat this number 08037239941.

You can as well ask any nairalander here for more information about the drug. Am sure the person will testify.pls chat that number .
get lost fool, that's how you idiot mislead people and send them to their untimely graves with your useless medicine.

We are talking about a diabetic foot here and not gonorrhea. A diabetic foot is a dead foot...no blood flow. And you're here talking trash.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by creatorsverse(m): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:

If the guy is still young,(less than 60) he has like 60% chance of escaping amputation but if he is old (above 60) he has only 20% chance of escaping amputation... But amputation will affect the person mentally and after amputation, the person dont live more than 10 years latest... As in after amputation only 5% of ppl live up to 10 years after diabetic amputation
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kurtis02:

I lost Someone very dear last year, same condition as you stated here.

The family should proceed with the amputation.
so sorry for your loss bro, diabetic foot is not something to joke with, it can lead to sepsis shock which is fatal and demands immediate medical attention.

That's why doctors advise amputation, but some people are stubborn and refuse such, but at the end, they may lose their lives.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Karleb(m): 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
damola1:

Nothing complex about diabetes root cause.

It’s the symptoms that is complex. But the root cause na chop chop chop of wrong food and too much food.

It’s a disease of food abuse.

Lose 15kg. It is actually the game changer.

I will dash out reversing diabetes book by prof Roy to anyone keen about it. I bought 8units last week. Na me they train My doctor doctor sef. Cos they all getting wrong

Lose weight too and bp drops too.

I studied it. I am using it… my sugar no Dey pass 110 … and no be fluke …and been using drugs for over 10 years. Anyone who one delete .. just eat like 1-2 x daily… eat exceptional food like beans and potatoes and once a week do one food daily.

In 2-3 months.. he go shock you. As the other guy said… allow fasting intermittent be a part of you. Only eat between 6-8 hours. Don’t eat fruits . If you want to shut it down…

Don't mind these people. Someone like me studied Diabetes, type I and II.

Type I is caused by lack of insulin and can be cured by giving insulin. It's common with children.

Type II is the adult sickness.

Diabetes is also called the affluent disease. Rich people are more likely to get it because they have money to eat anything at anytime.

Diabetes is simply when you have carbohydrates in your system and and your body refused to use up the carbohydrates. A way to reduce the Carbohydrate is to limit your intake of carbohydrate giving food, and also eat less because anything you eat can be converted to carbohydrate by your body.

The best way to keep diabetes at bay is simply change of lifestyle. Eat when you are hungry, not when you feel like. Dash out your plates, pots and spoon, buy smaller ones. Stop eating the biggest meat in your pot. In fact, if you must eat meat, make it white meat.

People who are drinking soft drinks everyday will come out to tell us their wounds are not healing, no be juju be that?

The fact that you can afford a lifestyle doesn't mean you should live it.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by LucemFerre: 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
Here resemble hospital. Na google doctors you dey ask for advice
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by gudugudumeje: 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yes, it can. Well that is if timely managed and left to surgery to handle the dead part...... But dont go to UCH o! All those stupid doctors there know is to amputate......
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by gudugudumeje: 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yes, it can.

Well that is if timely managed and left to surgery to handle the dead cell parts..... But dont go to UCH o! All those stupid doctors there know is to amputate......
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Buydata: 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
sukkot:
not if i prescribe him burdock roots to cleanse the blood and milk thistle to cleanse the liver and anti-fungal garlic

all this while i fortify and stimulate the pancreas with herbs and electrolytes

How I can contact u pls ?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by damola1: 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
Karleb:

Don't mind these people. Someone like me studied Diabetes, type I and II.

Type I is caused by lack of insulin and can be cured by giving insulin. It's common with children.

Type II is the adult sickness.

Diabetes is also called the affluent disease. Rich people are more likely to get it because they have money to eat anything at anytime.

Diabetes is simply when you have carbohydrates in your system and and your body refused to use up the carbohydrates. A way to reduce the Carbohydrate is to limit your intake of carbohydrate giving food, and also eat less because anything you eat can be converted to carbohydrate by your body.

The best way to keep diabetes at bay is simply change of lifestyle. Eat when you are hungry, not when you feel like. Dash out your plates, pots and spoon, buy smaller ones. Stop eating the biggest meat in your pot. In fact, if you must eat meat, make it white meat.

People who are drinking soft drinks everyday will come out to tell us their wounds are not healing, no be juju be that?

The fact that you can afford a lifestyle doesn't mean you should live it.

Na real affluent disease.

The prof said it didn’t exist during time of famine…

Too much stored energy…

There is what is called personal fat threadsold level. And it differs per person. Totally different from BMI.

Something I studied. Wetin go kill me. I must kill am first… I tried at least 3 experiments this year…

Murder food. Lose weigh… jog.. carry weight … but 80% food… and see your life change OVER night !

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by psucc(m): 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2023
KIDfurniture:
No cut anything .. herbs dey .. very good herbs will cure em

Please can you open up. So many are suffering from diabetes and will appreciate any solution to the menace
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by psucc(m): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Aladesanmi5:

Pls dont amputate the leg, we can handle that. If you care to know, you chat me privately so that i can direct you to where you can treat him in ondo state. For now let him stop salty/ sugary foods.
treat the wound or leg or treat)cure the diabetes?

Interested in the cure. Let me know asap
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by LordErrk: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
DominusPrime:

This is how quacks kill patients. From what you’ve said I can easily deduce that
1. You are not a doctor and
2. You know next to nothing about diabetes except what you heard or read on the internet or practice in your traditional centre

Op pls see a Dr. if a Dr has told you amputation is the best thing then it most likely has advanced and that leg cannot be salvaged no matter how well controlled the diabetes becomes.

Oga rest. Treatment for diabetic foot depend on the facilities of your center. Deep ulcers, even a grade 4 DFU may be effectively treated with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, among others. We refer patients all the time to centers like that, if they don't want an amputation...and they're ready to spend the money
Besides the fact that op mentioned the patient is in a lot of pain means there's still neuromuscular functions in that area. AMPUTATIONS SHOULDN'T JUST BE DONE!
So from the jargon you scribbled, I can easily deduce your just a silly internet troll, who knows nothing other than what he sees from the internet

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by LordErrk: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
OgunjiSAYO:
Hmmm!
I believe before a Doctor would advised on amputation of any limb, it would av been evaluated by multi-specialists: ENDOCRINOLOGIST, PLASTIC SURGEON and/ Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Please note that, saving a life is more important than saving a limb.
Be it wet or dry gangrene once the blood supply to the affected area is gone.Amputation is the last hope.
The question is could a dead log/wood come back to life ? Medically it maybe No! Spiritually it maybe Yes/No.
Diabetic Foot is one of the complications of Diabetes mellitus.
Please note that, in a Diabetic patient doctors do encourage patient strict compliance to medications because once any complications set in , ONLY GOD could stop it..
I wish him a quick recovery!

I know that. We once had a patient with a severe gangrenous ulcer. Amputation was the only solution in Nigerian. But she was referred to a hospital in South Africa, had HBOT, and within months she came back well. It's all about the money in some cases
Also, the fact that op said the patient still feels pain means there's still some neuromuscular function
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by anayonduba(m): 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Place the person on a cover Cork of vinegar , morning after and night... while prayerfully seeking healing from tye almighty God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average / African Journalists Decry Racist Monkeypox Reporting / 2 Pupils Die In Ogun After Taking Deworming Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.