Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? (898 Views)

Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers / 5 Best Selling Cars Of All Time - All Still In Production / Facebook To Start Selling Cars From Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by reverendfather: 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
I saw a seller online, he's selling a car for an elderly woman well into her sixties, this man said the car is very clean engine and all, he sent me pics and videos and indeded it is still very neat. But he listed two issues currently plaguing the car,
One was that the car goes into limp mode under traffic light sometimes, and other times it doesn't.
Secondly he said the AC isn't cooling but just blowing.

By limp mode I mean, the car will fail to accelerate once it stops under maybe traffic light or when you decide to slow down to pick up someone or something. He said he normally restarts the car immediately and the problem is instantly resolved, until he decides to slow down to pick something or at the next traffic light.

He said the first problem can be fixed by getting a new set of coil while the second problem he doesn't know if it is fixable, because he's only reselling and has never bothered to check for the AC.

Guys the car looks very clean, but these issues (I'm a car novice), is it something related to the engine? Should I even bother telling him to drive it down to my office on Monday or just let it go?

The car in question is a peugeot 407, 2008 model. I was going to get a camry 08 before but I had to support my kid bro with financing his japa to Canada. I should have enough cash by early January of next year.
Is the Peugeot 407 2008 a good bargain with the above minor problems at 1.1m or would you recommend i go for the Honda civic 2006 at 1.6m?
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by oweniwe(m): 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
First question....

Do you have/know a good mechanic that specialize in Peugeot?
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by MS2471: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
When they tell you AC doesn't work due to refill, just know the engine is likely gone

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by reverendfather: 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
oweniwe:
First question....

Do you have/know a good mechanic that specialize in Peugeot?
No I don't, but I've reached out to one I got through one of our office drivers, I am trying to get more insights first before inviting them over on Monday to come have a look.
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by reverendfather: 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS2471:
When they tell you AC doesn't work due to refill, just know the engine is like gone
wow really? So it's not about refill or compressor most times? Also if I'm to get a Belgium engine will that be a good approach?
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by MS2471: 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2023
reverendfather:
wow really? So it's not about refill or compressor most times?

No it isn't, call your trusted mechanic
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by Zonefree(m): 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Don't know why my spirit is telling me you're making a wrong move. Don't you think you're too young to start making Kazeems your regular go-to?

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by Manuella4ace: 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
reverendfather:
I saw a seller online, he's selling a car for an elderly woman well into her sixties, this man said the car is very clean engine and all, he sent me pics and videos and indeded it is still very neat. But he listed two issues currently plaguing the car,
One was that the car goes into limp mode under traffic light sometimes, and other times it doesn't.

By limp mode I mean, the car will fail to accelerate once it stops under maybe traffic light or when you decide to slow down to pick up someone or something. He said he normally restarts the car immediately and the problem is instantly resolved, until he decides to slow down to pick something or at the next traffic light.

He said the first problem can be fixed by getting a new set of coil while the second problem he doesn't know if it is fixable, because he's only reselling and has never bothered to check for the AC.

Guys the car looks very clean, but these issues (I'm a car novice), is it something related to the engine? Should I even bother telling him to drive it down to my office on Monday or just let it go?

The car in question is a peugeot 407, 2008 model. I was going to get a camry 08 before but I had to support my kid bro with financing his japa to Canada. I should have enough cash by early January of next year.
Is the Peugeot 407 2008 a good bargain with the above minor problems at 1.1m or would you recommend i go for the Honda civic 2006 at 1.6m?

My dear, just leave that Peugeot and get a

Kia rio 08- 10
Honda civic 06 - 10
Mercedes w203 c180 or c200 kompressor 2003 - 2006
You can get these cars in clean state with 1.5 - 2m
Even if you like that Peugeot like that go for the 206 for a start first so that you go understand how to maintain a Peugeot.

4 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by reverendfather: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Manuella4ace:

My dear, just leave that Peugeot and get a

Kia rio 08- 10
Honda civic 06 - 10
Mercedes w203 c180 or c200 kompressor 2003 - 2006
You can get these cars in clean state with 1.5 - 2m
Even if you like that Peugeot like that go for the 206 for a start first so that you go understand how to maintain a Peugeot.

Hmm thanks, yes I saw one at 1.6m.
The car is somewhat less roomy abit when I sat inside.
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by reverendfather: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Zonefree:
Don't know why my spirit is telling me you're making a wrong move. Don't you think you're too young to start making Kazeems your regular go-to?
grin but on a more serious note the car just they enter my eye. God help me... any firsthand user here or experience please what's your take on this too biko.
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by Manuella4ace: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
reverendfather:

Hmm thanks, yes I saw one at 1.6m.
The car is somewhat less roomy abit when I sat inside.

All am saying is, don't buy what will Rob you of your peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by vivalavida(m): 6:07am On Sep 24, 2023
Go to this Thread. Read and ask questions.

https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-cars-attitude
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by KillahPriest: 10:19am On Sep 24, 2023
reverendfather:
grin but on a more serious note the car just they enter my eye. God help me... any firsthand user here or experience please what's your take on this too biko.
if you can take the gamble, I'll advise you contact Ikenna351 for expert advise. He collects a fee but it's better off for you at the end of the day and he might even know a reliable Peugeot mechanic in your location. The price is very solid
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by id4sho(m): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2023
reverendfather:

Abandon ship, avoid that car for your sanity. Buy your Honda civic jejely oOoOO
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by kernniejay(m): 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
reverendfather:

I will advise that you dont rush to buy a car so that you will not rush to resell the car. Why not wait till that January when you will have enough to buy a car you will be sure about. Peugeot are very sensitive and any wrong electrical repair will make the car become epileptic. Get the Honda Civic if you see one in good condition and thank me later.
NB: Whatever the car you decide to buy, go with a technician to check and scan the car for error codes and professional advice.
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by Elsueno: 12:03am On Sep 25, 2023
mr reverendfather, let me tell u something, D AC in Peugeots is actually the least of ur problem 🤣🤣, dat one is pretty easy to fix( most of d time is a leak, hard to trace but not impossible, you can use ac gas that comes with sealants would lasts for like a year b4 it disappears

OR JUST GET a good AC tech that can fix dashboard well after removing it( cause that's where d leaks mostly hide 4 dat car)

Ur biggest issue is the LIMP MODE, could be a simple fix OR ONE WAY TO EMPTY UR POCKET 😆😆🤣🤣.

In summary, ONLY BY 9JA USE PEUGEOTS FROM PEUGEOTS enthusiasts..anybody else would mostly
likely dump clean looking scrap on you
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by help4people: 10:41am On Sep 25, 2023
Let me register my input here probably it will help someone....

First, no perfect car. However, some cars are problematic than others.

I'll share you my experience. I drive c-class Benz and if you ask people, they'll say you should run from it.

When I wanted to buy it, I took my trusted friends dealing in Auto Sales with me for inspection. Note that I was a total novice, infact I didn't know how to drive as at then. He was very factual, he told me what to look out for (expensive parts and electrical fault) according to his test and advice me only to buy it if I really like it

Since pricing is within my budget and I had extra cash for minor repairs that might occurred, I bought it.

I learnt driving in weeks and began cruising. But I had a thought in my heart, if I can still see some people driving this car, why won't I? So, I planned to bury my ego and solicit help from anyone that's using the same car by stopping such person and asks for his rewire and mechs.

One day, I took my wife to the market. Fortunately, one man using the exact model packed in front of me. Na so I approached him o, he was so glad to help. Walahi, the man got loads of experience about the car, he has been using his own for a couple of years. We exchanged contacts

So, anytime I have issue, I'll first call him and explain, na him go advise and recommend where I'll go. So far, his advices are in shape and his rewire that I'm using too his very competent.

What am I saying? My step made me avoid trial and error technicians. So, if you like the car and can maintain it, buy it, fine tune it, seek advice from existing users and you're good to go.

Good luck....
Re: Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? by reverendfather: 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
Thanks everyone, I've decided not to pursue this again. I nor wan die young because of motor wahala

(1) (Reply)

Police Biometric Vehicle Registration Commences. / Please Where Can I Get A Car Wash Shop That Has A Drying Machine? / Well Guarded Rolls-royce Phantom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.