Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation (28658 Views)

Kaduna: Alhaji Who Raised False Kidnap Alarm Leading To Lynching Of Man Arrested / Oluchi 'China Golden' Accused Of Robbery Burnt By Mob In Cross River. Graphic / Conductor Set Ablaze By Mob In Lagos After Stabbing Passenger To Death (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by Berankis: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
wonder233:
One of the things that can save you when attacked by a mob over false accusation is your determination to physically fight back. Throw wild punches, grab anything to also harm anyone coming for you while yelling your innocence, muster all the anger you have inside of you, tell yourself your life is worth fighting for, they will stop and listen. Don't just curl up and wallow in self pity, FIGHT!
A mob interprets not fighting back as an admission of guilt. So fight!
You are very right! Let me share a little first hand experience of the trying jobless days as a young Graduate. I got a small job in Abeokuta (from Lagos), I had no accomodation, so I called a female cousin of mine for help, who was then a student with a room. Because she is female I didn't always stay in the room with her, I would just sit few houses away in front of a closed shop. I never knew I was been observed by residents in the area until there was a robbery somewhere around one night and the next day, I still went for my routine sit-out, all of a sudden, the whole community gathered numbering 30 or more, they came to arrest me. I practically fought with them all, I just didn't care as I was going through a lot already, but robbery was not one of it. It was my resilience and determination to take on all of them that led to my eventual release. They comprised, when the realized I would not calm down, I was very angry and very contentious. I blasted all of them and I clearly expressed myself both in Yoruba and English. They eventually resorted taking me to the Baale instead of Police Station that night. We dragged the issue from evening till night 6-10pm before I was finally let go and my cousin also had the same fighting spirit and joined in the battle to rescue me. It was not funny at all. But I learnt to always fight back no matter what. Don't just allow yourself to be molested, injured or killed for doing nothing wrong!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by stuffs2002: 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
Mayhem1:
what if they innocently accuse you? You sef no get sense

All these local gossips hate it whenever you tell them to mind their businesses.

I said people should leave other people's children and properties alone and DIS demented cow is foaming at the mouth
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by Sleekfingers: 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
Fish out those animals. And let them rot in jail.
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by eepeepook: 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Uduak currently needs our collective help
What do you want me to do, type rubbish to the high heavens?

in a modern moral society, it is unacceptable to have this level of barbarity from fellow citizens
Oh, you’re highly mistaken here. We are jungle bunnies in shoddily-built infrastructure. Every one of us is a hair’s length from chimping out over any allegation because that is what jungle bunnies do. Don’t forget, Africans will stab you with a spear and watch the life leave your eyes as opposed to whites who’ll shoot from afar.

I feel sorry for her. It is what it is. She was unlucky. I would say situations will get better, but I’d be kidding myself. We’ve complained about jungle justice from the 80s yet our bloodthirsty citizens enjoy the act. It kills boredom for them. It also gives lowlifes a sense of power.
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by 43Ronin: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
they did all this to her simply because she's not yoruba. They dint care because they thought as she spoke English and did not look like them she was igbo. My nigerdelta people those supporting the killings of igbo will lynch you alongside cos they belive you are igbo anyway.
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by 43Ronin: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Surulere "patience is a rewarding virtue"

If only they were patient enough to properly investigate rather than acting on mere verbal accusations
they were not willing to investigate because they believed her to be igbo. If she was yoruba and was shouting back at them and laying curses in yoruba they would not have even touched her. They would have called for understanding. They so much that hate and detest igbos that they can kill you just for looking like them, just the way they denied yoruba Christians the right to vote cos they looked like igbo.

1 Like

Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by Omoawoke2(m): 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
The criminals should be prosecuted and executed fast.

We are still waiting for justice for Deborah
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by NorthernSerene(m): 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
Lot of innocent souls has gone down in this insane country called Nigeria and we're yet to recover from the wrath of God, some are still adding more. What a pity!
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by ChristianMuslim: 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Report it to Verydarkmann.. judiciary is messed up
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by Horus(m): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
Say no to Jungle Justice in Nigeria

Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by Bfly: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2023
Peope of the jungle
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by blackseed(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
What is the name of the woman that accuse her? I m sure na Igbo woman e go be . They are very good in wrong accusations. She even wants the lady dead
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by Orinechi: 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Relationship between Uduak and Amadi is what I am still struggling to understand.
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by pendragonbladgo(m): 3:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
It's not funny at all, I have been involved in mob attack before - till today, I can never forget.

I don't know why despite the fact that we are a religious Nation, we still behave like devilish Nation.

Governornment need to create environment for most jobless youth to leave the road.

Their is need for CCTVs all of the Nation with steady power supply!
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
It's not funny at all, I have been involved in mob attack before - till today, I can never forget.

I don't know why despite the fact that we are a religious Nation, we still behave like devilish Nation.

Governornment need to create environment for most jobless youth to leave the road.

Their is need for CCTVs all of the Nation with steady power supply!

Joblessness lead to lousiness and then this kind of barbaric behaviour

2 Likes

Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by delpee(f): 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
Whosoever accused her wrongly should be dealt with. It's ridiculous that she was being beaten when there was no evidence that the child was with her. They should have gone to the Police Station if necessary.
I pray that she heals well.
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by Careente7(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tayorshd87:

The story no clear was she looking for accomodation herself or with an agent or how can she be accused if she didn't appear or look suspicious 🤔
That is to tell you people are angry and looking for who to vent it on.
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by shoprite: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaeyking:
So what is the NBA doing about this

Na for this country it look like lawyers no know wetin dem get

Exactly my thought . . .Why does the NBA as a legal body exist? Has the Association stepped forward yet?

Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by therealMcCain: 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2023
wonder233:
Your last line shows how senseless you are. Because nobody would intentionally put themselves in that situation.
We are talking about what to do in a situation that arises without your anticipation slowpoke!
Let me give you an example, I was driving home from work one evening, just by one Enyo filling station, a bike man on high speed crashed into my car, me that was moving very slowly, immediately, a mob gathered on me, majority didn't even see what happened. I brought out my jack, wheel spanner and was swinging it wildly telling them I did nothing wrong but if they insisted on attacking me, I'll take like 3 or 4 with me to the great beyond.
They backed out, nobody wanted to be the 3 or 4...it t bought me time, one policeman came and said he saw the accident when it happened that the bike man was at fault, that was how we resolved everything

Some mob will not allow you move an inch not to talk about opening booth to collect wheel spanner.

It will be instant beating and hitting. One should not pray to find himself in such situation.

For daring to threaten them, some mob will be triggered and you won't like the resulting effect.

As for the man that says intervene, you only do so when it's your terrain and you are well known else run to get help or stay aside.

Merely telling the mob that the accused is innocent can spell doom for you because you could be tagged as an accomplice.
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by mdsne(m): 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
Justice for Uduak
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by shoprite: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2023
therealMcCain:

Some mob will not allow you move an inch not to talk about opening booth to collect wheel spanner.

It will be instant beating and hitting. One should not pray to find himself in such situation.

For daring to threaten them, some mob will be triggered and you won't like the resulting effect.

As for the man that says intervene, you only do so when it's your terrain and you are well known else run to get help or stay aside.

Merely telling the mob that the accused is innocent can spell doom for you because you could be tagged as an accomplice.

Very correct . . .Its just crazy how people jump on someone in the name of "jungle justice" without any form of verification . . .Only God knows how many innocent people have been killed by these retards in this barbaric manner

Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2023
shoprite:

Very correct . . .Its just crazy how people jump on someone in the name of "jungle justice" without any form of verification . . .Only God knows how many innocent people have been killed by these retards in this barbaric manner
one of the reasons for japa
Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by wonder233: 8:26am On Sep 26, 2023
Thanks for sharing and inspiring someone out there to fight back for their lives.
Berankis:

You are very right! Let me share a little first hand experience of the trying jobless days as a young Graduate. I got a small job in Abeokuta (from Lagos), I had no accomodation, so I called a female cousin of mine for help, who was then a student with a room. Because she is female I didn't always stay in the room with her, I would just sit few houses away in front of a closed shop. I never knew I was been observed by residents in the area until there was a robbery somewhere around one night and the next day, I still went for my routine sit-out, all of a sudden, the whole community gathered numbering 30 or more, they came to arrest me. I practically fought with them all, I just didn't care as I was going through a lot already, but robbery was not one of it. It was my resilience and determination to take on all of them that led to my eventual release. They comprised, when the realized I would not calm down, I was very angry and very contentious. I blasted all of them and I clearly expressed myself both in Yoruba and English. They eventually resorted taking me to the Baale instead of Police Station that night. We dragged the issue from evening till night 6-10pm before I was finally let go and my cousin also had the same fighting spirit and joined in the battle to rescue me. It was not funny at all. But I learnt to always fight back no matter what. Don't just allow yourself to be molested, injured or killed for doing nothing wrong!

1 Like

Re: Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation by Tayorshd87: 10:10am On Sep 27, 2023
Careente7:
That is to tell you people are angry and looking for who to vent it on.

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hoodlums Burn Two Police Stations In Ebonyi As Umahi Imposes 24-hour Curfew(pix) / Young Lady Stabs Boyfriend To Death In Kuru, Nasarawa / St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Benue Where Fulani Herdsmen Killed Worshipers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.