Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,841 members, 7,828,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech (22182 Views)

FG Awards Zinox Technologies Over N85bn 2023 Digital Census Contract / FG Awards N206bn Contract For Main Work Of Second Niger Bridge / Tinubu's Messrs Hitech Stops Work On Lagos Roads Over Rift With Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:20am On Sep 25, 2023
Ruke1989:

Tinubu is not building new roads. Those roads already exist. The east west road is Jonathan/yaradua project and the calabar superhighway to north is buhari project. Tinubu just wants to put toll gate on these existing routes and earn money for himself through HITECH like he has been doing in Lagos. Yoruba people do not travel so they wouldn't understand that these roads already exist. It's only in Lagos lekki axis that I think he will do new road. The others are existing roads he wants to link up with and put toll gate. Very predictable selfish fool. But Yoruba folks expect we worship him for this daylight robbery. This is thesame strategy used in ripping Lagos state funds through alpha beta

Given your antecedents only a fool would’ve expected a positive comment from you.

My advice: take to the streets and protest the ‘daylight robbery’

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Amayabor1: 6:20am On Sep 25, 2023
As long as it is not going to Niger republic or chad as the Buhari, no wahala.

Umahi will be one of the best, if not the best, performing ministers in this administration sha.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Prenonjebose: 6:23am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:
Instead of Lagos to calabar coastal high way, why don't we support the Lagos to calabar marine door that is even more efficient and won't take up traffic from the already congested areas. Please o, people look at the map from Lagos to calabar, wouldn't sea travel be the best given the locations of both places. Hehehehe. Am I mad or is it these people who aren't sane

If the Marine door is well propagated, we can have Lagos to Connect Warri, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and then Cross River through the ocean route, totally cancelling out the need for super high way. Lagos doesn't have the stamina for everything to consistently be on the road. Are these people without brains ?

Unless it's an existing road route that's been extended, it leaves much to be understood. Cause seeing the road route, it's easy to say that roads should be in existence on the routes cited in the map
I agree with you on utilizing the sea to connect Lagos to calabar via warri and PH. The statement from the minister and the contractor is unclear as to whether they will be working on the existing lagos-benin-warri-PH-calabar route or they are planning another highway based on the rail line that was included in the road. South east was even mentioned in the corridor, and this route does cut into it. Well, we wait and see.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ikaeniyan0: 6:24am On Sep 25, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
Truth must be told. Most of the local road construction companies in Nigeria can’t build a modern day road because they don’t have equipment to do this.

Those companies are founded by our politicians as a away to defraud the country.
Is the oshodi apapa expressway not a modern way built by HITECH?

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ikaeniyan0: 6:25am On Sep 25, 2023
Prenonjebose:

I agree with you on utilizing the sea to connect Lagos to calabar via warri and PH. The statement from the minister and the contractor is unclear as to whether they will be working on the existing lagos-benin-warri-PH-calabar route or they are planning another highway based on the rail line that was included in the road. South east was even mentioned in the corridor, and this route does cut into it. Well, we wait and see.
The coastal road is a new road entirely

You shouldn't be asking questions like this after reading the op post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by hardbody: 6:25am On Sep 25, 2023
Blitzking:
A great project but would take a decade to complete..bases on previous data

It will be used for electioneering campaign in the next cycle with the mantra of continuing for completion.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by bolademi(m): 6:27am On Sep 25, 2023
BossGerald:
Isn't it the same already existing high way that runs through Asaba-onitsha-Enugu etc??

Which kind propaganda be this

Check the map this is coaster road

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by tete7000(m): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2023
They are awarding new road projects when the existing roads are in state of disrepair. They have brought lagos style.

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Prenonjebose: 6:32am On Sep 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The coastal road is a new road entirely

You shouldn't be asking questions like this after reading the op post
It is most likely going to be an existing road that would be expanded and rebuilt. I believe this because of the topography of the coastal areas from Delta through Bayelsa to Rivers. It would not allow for any new road.

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by F117nighthawk: 6:33am On Sep 25, 2023
The Epe Expressway: complete reconstruction of 50km of major primary road in the eastern suburbs of Lagos. ...
Approach road to Lagos Airport: Reconstruction of 6km of road from the Lagos Airport including 2 new bridges, and 5 new pedestrian bridges.

Part of the projects done by HI TECH in Lagos state
Of course we know what we know,
The owners of this company and share holders are the ones awarding these contracts to them,Abi no be this same country called NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kaiser20: 6:34am On Sep 25, 2023
I see a project that will never be completed till 2043 or maybe abandoned in the early stages as usual

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ikaeniyan0: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2023
Prenonjebose:

It is most likely going to be an existing road that would be expanded and rebuilt. I believe this because of the topography of the coastal areas from Delta through Bayelsa to Rivers. It would not allow for any new road.

Make a research about the bonny bodo road and see the wanders JB is doing there.

The coastal road is a new road entirely. Go through the post and read it again. You shouldn't be making this kind of comment after reading the post

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Shikini: 6:41am On Sep 25, 2023
Ruke1989:

Tinubu is not building new roads. Those roads already exist. The east west road is Jonathan/yaradua project and the calabar superhighway to north is buhari project. Tinubu just wants to put toll gate on these existing routes and earn money for himself through HITECH like he has been doing in Lagos. Yoruba people do not travel so they wouldn't understand that these roads already exist. It's only in Lagos lekki axis that I think he will do new road. The others are existing roads he wants to link up with and put toll gate. Very predictable selfish fool. But Yoruba folks expect we worship him for this daylight robbery. This is thesame strategy used in ripping Lagos state funds through alpha beta

You're right, 100%.

Except that Buhari did not build any road in Cross River. The former governor of Cross River was a scam. No such project exists in Cross River.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Prenonjebose: 6:41am On Sep 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

Make a research about the bonny bodo road and see the wanders JB is doing there.

The coastal road is a new road entirely. Go through the post and read it again. You shouldn't be making this kind of comment after reading the post
Ok, no problem.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ubdavison: 6:42am On Sep 25, 2023
How about the super highway
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by zionstaar75: 6:43am On Sep 25, 2023
BossGerald:
Isn't it the same already existing high way that runs through Asaba-onitsha-Enugu etc??

get a dictionary and find out the meaning of propaganda and stop embarrassing the people that wasted their money sending you to school

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by MarketDispatch: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2023
BossGerald:

When I read Coastal highway, I thought they were going to build a new highway by the Beach front (coast) to link all the states along the Coasts..seeing that the map goes further inwards shows this is an hinterland highway... nonetheless kudos...we need more good roads.

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by TOPMAN4LIFE: 6:54am On Sep 25, 2023
Ruke1989:
exactly my thoughts. Those roads are already existing. It's only Lagos axis that new roads would be created. The so called cement road: would they use machine to grade off the existing bitumen road in the path they are mentioning? Why is tinubu putting toll gates on the south south road and not doing same for all federal roads in the south west and north? We don't have more federal roads than the north and south west. So why toll gate ? Federal government must stop maltreating the south south by treating them only as cash cow but not as a golden hen to be idolized
Nobody is victimizing you and your region.
This road is going to be new and different from the existing east west road, it will not go inside all the cities along its route because it's a super highway that is expected to be fast and with modern facilities like street lights.
The maintenance is going to be under the private company in charge of the road and not government
That's why it will be tolled , so anyone that does not want to be tolled can still follow the old road.
This arrangement is better because federal government has a lot of work to do, private sector should be allowed to come for better development and maintenance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Shikini: 6:55am On Sep 25, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

He is only close to Abacha and Tinubu, the picture with Jonathan was when Clinton visited Eko Atlantic city which Chagoury is funding

The big thieves
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Gaddafih001(m): 6:59am On Sep 25, 2023
Beremx:
No be Tinubu get Hi-Tech?
He is the owner.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Shikini: 7:04am On Sep 25, 2023
ayokellany:
As for me I have no complain about politicians looting but they should build long last road that last forever like the ones I see whenever I travel about. That is my only problem with Nigeria politicians. Why must be reconstructe same road every 6-10 years .

Loot a trillion to do a good job do n let's know we are forever done we that so that even if it is at a snail speed we all can agree we are done with that n move to develop new road n area.

You will be surprised that since 1999 Nigeria as not build a single new highway, not even one beside this coastal road they are talking about, which might take 40 years to complete.

This man, are you for real?
Travel and see, you say no!

So, this lying thief in Aso Rock is now the first president to open new roads in Nigeria?

Which new road has he even done apart from plenty talk

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Shikini: 7:04am On Sep 25, 2023
They're using style to introduce toll gates on expressways
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Konquest: 7:07am On Sep 25, 2023
jideflash:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/24/fg-awards-lagos-calabar-coastal-highway-to-hitech/
That's impressive! That'll open up more unlimited opportunities in business, tourism, and more from an integrated transportation and travel perspective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Menclothing: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2023
Hi tech is the best construction company in Africa for anything sea and shore line

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Shikini: 7:11am On Sep 25, 2023
Prenonjebose:

You go tire.
Forget these scammars

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Gajagojo: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2023
Chagoury Group
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Cpossibility(m): 7:21am On Sep 25, 2023
Audio. As usual
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ashirioluwa: 7:25am On Sep 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Is the oshodi apapa expressway not a modern way built by HITECH?

I have nothing against HITECH getting the contract; I was referring to local companies owned by Nigerians.

For your information, HITECH Construction Company is owned by the Chagoury Group, founded by Lebanese/Nigerian man Gilbert Chagoury and his family.

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Eniitankorede: 7:27am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:

Go back to the map. This time, use your brain critically before you respond.

We are not talking of the map, we are talking of the policy. That’s the policy of development, not any drawn up map.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by shiki(m): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2023
Oga there's no Chinese man in HITECH, and Tinubu is not the owner, he is just friend with the owner
Jagaban2012:
Nah Tinubu company is Hitech....but Chinese plenty for this company

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by shiki(m): 7:33am On Sep 25, 2023
Don't also forget that this Chagoury is a Nigerian by birth, and I don't think there's nothing bad if a foreign company is employing Nigerians and paying them well
Ashirioluwa:

I have nothing against HITECH getting the contract; I was referring to local companies owned by Nigerians.

For your information, HITECH Construction Company is owned by the Chagoury Group, founded by Lebanese man Gilbert Chagoury and his family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by shiki(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2023
Gaddafih001:

He is the owner.
He is not

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? / "Oladipupo Olorunrinu Orders His Security To Beat Helpless Man" - Facebook User / Tunde Bakare, Adeosun Meeting With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.