Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech (22074 Views)

FG Awards Zinox Technologies Over N85bn 2023 Digital Census Contract / FG Awards N206bn Contract For Main Work Of Second Niger Bridge / Tinubu's Messrs Hitech Stops Work On Lagos Roads Over Rift With Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ikaeniyan0: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

I have nothing against HITECH getting the contract; I was referring to local companies owned by Nigerians.

For your information, HITECH Construction Company is owned by the Chagoury Group, founded by Lebanese man Gilbert Chagoury and his family.

Gilbert Chagoury is a Nigerian, he was born in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by onatisi(m): 7:42am On Sep 25, 2023
This Tinubu govt will be worse than Buhari, all these projects will soon be abandoned, the truth is the only way to loot big money from govt is to start new projects, all the huge huge billions they are going to spend on all these new projects will conveniently repair and rehabilitate most bad federal roads. but just like all previous govts, the FG will rather embark on new ones than complete abandoned projects

kettykings:
If you don't know what to do with money , engage consultants.
Lagos badagry roads are bad , onitsha owerri road has been cut into 2, build more inroads from benue to calabar for export of foods , from Anambra to Abuja via kogi to drive industrialization .

It seems buhari is really honest
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by onatisi(m): 7:44am On Sep 25, 2023
boss this is Nigeria and we are one-way traffic , the FG only focusses on one thing, they don't devise means of thinking differently

Deco7:
Instead of Lagos to calabar coastal high way, why don't we support the Lagos to calabar marine door that is even more efficient and won't take up traffic from the already congested areas. Please o, people look at the map from Lagos to calabar, wouldn't sea travel be the best given the locations of both places. Hehehehe. Am I mad or is it these people who aren't sane

If the Marine door is well propagated, we can have Lagos to Connect Warri, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and then Cross River through the ocean route, totally cancelling out the need for super high way. Lagos doesn't have the stamina for everything to consistently be on the road. Are these people without brains ?

Unless it's an existing road route that's been extended, it leaves much to be understood. Cause seeing the road route, it's easy to say that roads should be in existence on the routes cited in the map
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Konquest: 7:46am On Sep 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

No. It's owned by Nigerian-Lebanese Billionaires Chagoury brothers and founded in 1988.

That's how you all pass around propaganda and the media houses also latch unto those propaganda.
True that... Thanks for emphasizing this.

It is a shame that many of those who have relentlessly attacked this coastal road project on this NL thread are well-known male and female Ibo bigots.

There is a proven digital trail for over 13 years now on NL of deliberate thread derailments, hate speeches and misinformation by these toxic, morally deficient and hateful creeps among the Ibos. Then they turn around and act like they are the victims, despite being the first to attack and spread pure lies. The level of blackmail of other
Nigerian ethnicities by these irredentists and ethnic bigots is on record online and can be easily found via simple web searches going back to over 20 years ago on several secessionist and propaganda websites!

It's time for the government to take these deliberate online defamation and hate speeches seriously and get these morally bankrupt people punished!

I wish Sen. Dave Umeahi and his entire team success on the new integrated coastal road project and others to come.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by RALPHOW(m): 7:48am On Sep 25, 2023
This will be the best Project of the Century if properly carried out.

Lekki/ Epe route will be highly decongested with this alternative route.

Lagos to PH will 4 hours
Lagos to Ondo State 1.5Hrs
Lagos to Calabar 6hrs

The good thing is that the Minister of Works is capable, considering his projects in Ebonyi State.
I just pray it is a success.

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Konquest: 7:50am On Sep 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Yes. They are business partners to any state governments, any Nigerian president in Power, and Nigerian Billionaires. I first heard of them during the days of Abacha.

1st pic: Chagoury in the middle.
2nd pic: Chagoury extreme right with Macron ,Dangote, Dantata, Adenuga and Elumelu.
Well said!
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by brightleave(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2023
BossGerald:
Isn't it the same already existing high way that runs through Asaba-onitsha-Enugu etc??

Which kind propaganda be this
COASTAL HIGHWAY SIR. Will pass through Sapele, Warri and ph
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by MrUchenna1(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2023
who are the owners of HiTech?
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ykc2(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2023
Lagos to Ibadan which is 45 kilometers is going to 10 years not yet finished and you want to built concrete road from lagos to calabar which is 750 kilometers ?keep dreaming ,the type of kick backs umahi is looking for is mind blowing,he want to be richest ebonyi person

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Nobaga500(m): 8:12am On Sep 25, 2023
TOPMAN4LIFE:

Nobody is victimizing you and your region.
This road is going to be new and different from the existing east west road, it will not go inside all the cities along its route because it's a super highway that is expected to be fast and with modern facilities like street lights.
The maintenance is going to be under the private company in charge of the road and not government
That's why it will be tolled , so anyone that does not want to be tolled can still follow the old road.

Exactly OP, my thougth as well.

But some people are filled with emity propaganding of any new development of Tinubu government.

The deal has already be done. Nothing anybody can do, let's us hope for better.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kei144(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2023
There's nothing coastal about what I saw in the map. Is it just because the road begins at a coast and ends at a coast. But the road itself is inland.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by lapintoz: 8:21am On Sep 25, 2023
Children born with hate no go believe anything. Dem go tell you say no be their mama born them self. Nothing good ever comes out of their Israel.

Make una dey wail and foam for mouth. Na una wahala be that. E no concern person.

PBAT is on the move.

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by MTNnews: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2023
And I was thinking Peter Obi n Abacha were the 5 n 6 while Tinubu fought Abacha during June 12 struggle but I can understand bigotry n tribalism will kill many igbos if you speak the truth.

Bestmanfornow:

He is only close to Abacha and Tinubu, the picture with Jonathan was when Clinton visited Eko Atlantic city which Chagoury is funding
Shikini:

The big thieves

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by tolue42(m): 8:46am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:
Instead of Lagos to calabar coastal high way, why don't we support the Lagos to calabar marine door that is even more efficient and won't take up traffic from the already congested areas. Please o, people look at the map from Lagos to calabar, wouldn't sea travel be the best given the locations of both places. Hehehehe. Am I mad or is it these people who aren't sane

If the Marine door is well propagated, we can have Lagos to Connect Warri, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and then Cross River through the ocean route, totally cancelling out the need for super high way. Lagos doesn't have the stamina for everything to consistently be on the road. Are these people without brains ?

Unless it's an existing road route that's been extended, it leaves much to be understood. Cause seeing the road route, it's easy to say that roads should be in existence on the routes cited in the map

Meaning of "coastal" is something closer to the sea. So the road is closer to the sea, HITEC is already constructing this type of road from Eleko to access bank(opposite Dangote fertilizer), so they will just connect this proposes road with the one they are constructing now.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Codes151(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:

lol. These people. Is ocean lacking route?

Have you not heard there is a deep sea port in progress in Akwa Ibom?

Must you counter everything?

You people think obi would hv the moral to make bold decisions in Nigeria? I laugh. He obi better forget ego n prepare to be a running mate for datti because, you need bola to stable the country before economist / manager like obi.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Jagaban2012: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2023
shiki:
Oga there's no Chinese man in HITECH, and Tinubu is not the owner, he is just friends with the owner

Perhaps. you think. I'm one of the roadside illiterate on. Social media...this is the company...that I can give the full download.....

You better stop this crap.....I am a Tinubu fan...but I know more about this company than you...
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by TruthSocial: 9:00am On Sep 25, 2023
delivery time = NOT IN YOUR LIFETIME
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by tolue42(m): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2023
MarketDispatch:

When I read Coastal highway, I thought they were going to build a new highway by the Beach front (coast) to link all the states along the Coasts..seeing that the map goes further inwards shows this is an hinterland highway... nonetheless kudos...we need more good roads.

Always read and understand the news itself, not picture. The road is "Coastal" road, meaning a new highway closer to the sea
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by prophetfire: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:

The project isn't intended for any other purpose but to help Tinubu recoup his campaign expenses.
If not, that project is a waste of scarce resources.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by tolue42(m): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2023
Kei144:
There's nothing coastal about what I saw in the map. Is it just because the road begins at a coast and ends at a coast. But the road itself is inland.

How can you believe just picture? Don't you understand the body of the message yourself Ah Nigerians!
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Blakjewelry(m): 9:10am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:

Marine transport is one money making venture been overlooked in Nigeria, I have my eyes on but it is capital intensive. I don't expect government to invest in it because the money realized will end up in someone's pocket but private business can benefit from it.

Well also since the road will integrate a railway system, it's not a bad idea.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Reference(m): 9:18am On Sep 25, 2023
We have enough roads and don't need more. Handover the existing ones to the company to fix, own and toll.

Any new infrastructure should be rail and rail alone. Rail lines are faster to build, more efficient to run and cheaper to mantain.

Leave all these white elephants alone.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Reference(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2023
Blakjewelry:

Marine transport is one money making venture been overlooked in Nigeria, I have my eyes on but it is capital intensive. I don't expect government to invest in it because the money realized will end up in someone's pocket but private business can benefit from it.

Well also since the road will integrate a railway system, it's not a bad idea.

Absolutely true. Instead of crowding and ruining the roads with all the heavy duty trucks, coastal traffic can better be served by barges.

I was watching discovery channel sometime ago about transshipment of containers from one of the southern portts up the Mississippi river by a huge barge that carried up to a hundred box containers.

That is a hundred less semis on the highway seriously reducing incidents and prolonging the lifespan of the roads and of course reducing the cost of business.

These are the out of the box thinking, ideas that a communicative, interactive, argumentative, virile democracy spurs.

But our system of government is always constrained and restricted to the skills and competencies of one trick ponies.

As a policy statement government can direct that in the next two decades no heavy duty vehicle be permitted to ply Federal highways. That all states be linked by rail and all states bordering the Atlantic and up the Niger and Benue rivers be equiped with sea and river ports.

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Frezhkid10(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:

Sea transport is slow..do you want to spend 2days traveling from Lagos to calabar??
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by bonnyhope: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2023
kettykings:
If you don't know what to do with money , engage consultants.
Lagos badagry roads are bad , onitsha owerri road has been cut into 2, build more inroads from benue to calabar for export of foods , from Anambra to Abuja via kogi to drive industrialization .

It seems buhari is really honest
Also Awka Enugu- Otukpo expressway
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Nonywendy(m): 9:44am On Sep 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Hi Tech?

Hmm... There are rumors the president is part of the owner of HITECH
Not rumour but fact
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Nonywendy(m): 9:44am On Sep 25, 2023
Talk is cheap. This if even implemented is vision 2099
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ashirioluwa: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2023
shiki:
Don't also forget that this Chagoury is a Nigerian by birth, and I don't think there's nothing bad if a foreign company is employing Nigerians and paying them well

Hitech can handle it; I like that. I just don’t like when you give road construction contracts to our politicians who will do a shady job because no one will hold them accountable.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Ashirioluwa: 9:45am On Sep 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Gilbert Chagoury is a Nigerian, he was born in Nigeria.

Thanks for the information.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by sweetkev(m): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2023
Ykc2:
Lagos to Ibadan which 45 kilometers is going to 10 years and you want to built concrete road from lagos to calabar which 750 kilometers ?keep dreaming
Long term looting continues. This one is going to be forever. Nigeria can never get better grin
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Khyrvxjzy: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:

i want to engage someone so i quote you

marine is expensive i mean running it, it has limit to what it can carry
nigeria not building ship, so we go import(spoiling naira)

now this project is good, its too big but i wish they can do it

you remember umahi said 4 hours lagos to abuja na still same project ooo

listen, the Nigeria main road lagos to north is on road so no shortcut, that over one day lagos to north should not be up to one day if coastal

now lagos ogun island will link ondo straight to south south then to up north again with train

i think tinubu want legacy. i can imagine movement on lagos north in short distance food will be cheaper
Re: FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Reference(m): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2023
Frezhkid10:

Sea transport is slow..do you want to spend 2days traveling from Lagos to calabar??

What are you saying.
The coastal distance between any two states along the Atlantic is shorter than the road equivalent.

For passenger services (which is not a priority) sea ferries that do up to 30 knots which can get you from Lagos to Calabar in 10 hours. Hydrofoils are even faster.

The only problem is the link between port and city centre in some coastal states which is far. Only Port Harcourt and Calabar ports I think are right in the middle of town.

I think the Lagos ferries are the standards by which you judge. Those are dated models with little or no technology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Police Command. See Photos: / Fayose Placing A Cap On Lere Olayinka, Supports Him For Post Of PDP Secretary / Singing Of National Anthem In Yoruba, Here Is The Yoruba Version.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.