Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot (811 Views)

Oil Leaks Only When Engine Is Hot. / Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold / Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by Tectonics: 2:17pm On Sep 24, 2023
My DC 2007 leaks transmission fluid when I'm driving . Mechanic says it is leaking at the top of the transmission just under the battery, that he will use 1000 naira gum to stop the leakage. Please I need advice as I don't know if ordinary 1000 naira gum can solve this problem. Does anyone have similar experience or know about how this leakage be permanently solved or will the gum work as suggested by my mechanic. It only leaks out when engine is hot, when parked to cool, the fluid doesn't leak out
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by Manuella4ace: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tectonics:
My DC 2007 leaks transmission fluid when I'm driving . Mechanic says it is leaking at the top of the transmission just under the battery, that he will use 1000 naira gum to stop the leakage. Please I need advice as I don't know if ordinary 1000 naira gum can solve this problem. Does anyone have similar experience or know about how this leakage be permanently solved or will the gum work as suggested by my mechanic. It only leaks out when engine is hot, when parked to cool, the fluid doesn't leak out

If you confirmed that it's leaking from top of the transmission, let him use the glue to patch it, if not better search for where the leak is from oo

2 Likes

Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by kernniejay(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tectonics:
cc: Luvinhubby
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by MrHighSea: 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Had similar issue.

Mechs from 3 different workshops agree that trans oil was excess so some spilled out when trans is working. it will normally smell in the cabin. I was guaging the oil every morning, e dy spill buy e no dey reduce. It has stopped, no glue.
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by Tectonics: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
Manuella4ace:

If you confirmed that it's leaking from top of the transmission, let him use the glue to patch it, if not better search for where the leak is from oo
Thank you
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by 7bucklife: 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Auto manual. You and this your car sha. AutoManual. That he will use gum...... that must be an automanual statement.....
AutoMAnual.
I said AutoMAnual... Well done oh
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by AutoManual: 1:59am On Sep 25, 2023
7bucklife:
Auto manual. You and this your car sha. AutoManual. That he will use gum...... that must be an automanual statement.....
AutoMAnual.
I said AutoMAnual... Well done oh
na lighting go strick that your small head if you called this my mention again..it look like they swell for your generation.
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by sultaan(m): 3:26am On Sep 25, 2023
Before you do anything stupid, answer a few questions

Did someone work on your transmission recently?

Is your transmission dipstick/fill cap still in place?

Your transmission won't just start leaking fluid on its own unless something has gone wrong.

The earlier you correct the wrong the cheaper it is.

I think someone serviced your Honda with Abro
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by AutoManual: 8:37am On Sep 25, 2023
First thing to do is drain and flash.

Use the correct aft and gauge.

Is look like the fluid boils when engine is hot.

Original transmission will not do that even when it’s over gauge.
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by 7bucklife: 11:17am On Sep 25, 2023
Auto manual
AutoManual:
First thing to do is drain and flash.

Use the correct aft and gauge.

Is look like the fluid boils when engine is hot.

Original transmission will not do that even when it’s over gauge.
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by Tectonics: 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
sultaan:
Before you do anything stupid, answer a few questions

Did someone work on your transmission recently?

Is your transmission dipstick/fill cap still in place?

Your transmission won't just start leaking fluid on its own unless something has gone wrong.

The earlier you correct the wrong the cheaper it is.

I think someone serviced your Honda with Abro
I bought the car as Nigerian uses in June, I noticed the transmission was low a day after I bought it n go 2 liters of original Honda dw1 transmission fluid n topped up.i kept checking dipstick every morning n noticed it kept going down, I do see the trans fluid dripping when I park n look under the car
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by kernniejay(m): 8:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
Tectonics:

I bought the car as Nigerian uses in June, I noticed the transmission was low a day after I bought it n go 2 liters of original Honda dw1 transmission fluid n topped up.i kept checking dipstick every morning n noticed it kept going down, I do see the trans fluid dripping when I park n look under the car
Take the car to a proper technician to look at it and fix the problem once and for all. Glue will melt away when the engine/gear gets hot.
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot by Tectonics: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2023
kernniejay:

Take the car to a proper technician to look at it and fix the problem once and for all. Glue will melt away when the engine/gear gets hot.
Thank you so much

(1) (Reply)

Vehicles From Unauthorised Dealers Won’t Be Registered – Lagos / Advice On Nissan Primera 2.0slx / 50 Years Of James Bond Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.