Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government (266 Views)

Interim Government Vs Tinubu Who Will You Choose? / Obajana: Summary Of Kogi Government Vs Dangote Cement Saga (Video) / Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government by Max24: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2023
I have often heard people comparing Nigeria with Ghana claiming it is better than Nigeria due to Rawlings coup then.Some even say the fuel price is better and so on. Today, I learnt that Ghanians are protesting against their govt for inability to eat eat three square meals. Does it mean that things are tough everywhere or not. Why then do some people criticise everything the new govt does as if things are better anywhere else or is this all a case of Animal farm by some desperate politicians to hijack power to themselves without having a solution to Nigerias complex challenges. Even people who were at best mediocres at State level now claim to have solution to Nigerias problems. Why do some people want Nigeria to collapse simply because their candidate lost in a free and fair election?
https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/multi-day-protests-over-economic-crisis-grip-ghanas-capital-2023-09-23/

ACCRA, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Hundreds of demonstrators gathered in the Ghanaian capital Accra on Saturday for a third day of anti-government protests linked to economic hardship that have led to dozens of arrests.

Protesters, some waving placards or the Ghanaian flag, decried the high cost of living and a lack of jobs as they marched under the watch of riot police. The gold-, oil- and cocoa-producing nation has been battling its worst economic crisis in a generation brought on by spiralling public debt.
The average Ghanaian can't afford three square meals (per day) ... the government doesn't care," said 24-year-old unemployed protester Romeo, who like others at the demonstration was wearing a red beret.

Police blocked the road to prevent protesters approaching Jubilee House, the seat of the presidency, which organisers Democracy Hub have vowed to occupy.

On Thursday, police said 49 people had been detained for unlawful assembly and violating the public order act on the first day of the three-day action. There was no sign of further arrests and the situation appeared calm on Saturday.
https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/multi-day-protests-over-economic-crisis-grip-ghanas-capital-2023-09-23/
Re: Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
You know the answer so answer it
Re: Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government by Max24: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
What should Ghana now do? Should they call on their military again to do another Rawlings coup according to some comments after recent Niger coup? Is Nigeria the only country facing tough times? Must NLC go on indefinite strike due to fuel price increase and ground the economy? Should Joe Ajaero continue to ground the economy further from where Emefiele stopped with his naira redesign? I need answers from those wishing evil on Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government by ayinde2020: 7:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
In respective of who we support, I think it's best to wish our country the best and pray for the leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government by ayinde2020: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
We should pray for our leaders and our country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government by samwash(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
It's just I matter of time, African countries may return to military rule.
Re: Nigeria's Government Vs Ghana Government by seunmsg(m): 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
samwash:
It's just I matter of time, African countries may return to military rule.

And things will become far worse than they are right now.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

President Tinubu Of Nigeria Grants Highway Contract To Billionaire Associated Wi / See Why The Enemies Of BAT Are In Pains / CSU Certificate: Battle Of Technicalities Between Tinubu & Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.