Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

My Qatar Trip - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Qatar Trip (26103 Views)

₦155.6Billion Museum With Roof Made Of 76,000 Panels Opens In Qatar(Pics) / Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Qatar Trip by Unlettered: 1:54am On Sep 25, 2023
Heyya,

I’m back again with another astonishing experience. Who said you cant be in Nigeria and still make your life beautiful. Life is full of experiences and based on your choices in life, you can never go wrong with self enjoyment and dedication. Let me not bore you with ted talk.

It was a journey that was bound to happen in present or near future. Came with a bit of drama that almost mad me feel as if my village people were after me… Village people or my siblings 😂

I planned to make my travel last 2 nonths to Doha for a business/leisure trip. It was easy for me being that i have a valid US visa and canada visa. Which qualifies me to use the ETA platform called Hayya. It took me less than 24hrs for the during of the application - Applying, confirmation, payment and visa grant. They gave me a 30 day valid visa and i booked my ticket for my journey 16th sept. Also i was able to secure my hotel booking after being sure of the date. Which is a hotel in Msheireb In Doha.

VISA APPLICATION
this is one of the easiest visa apllications i have ever done. Ynfortunately for those who dont have any US or Canada visa they cant use a platform known as HAYYA. It does take you more than 10-15mins to complete. Just biodata, active US or canada visa. The process takes less than 24hrs from visa application to approval. It was interesting and i made payment the same day and was granted visa same day.

PREPARATION
Like i always say, i’m not a too much luggage guy. So its always easy for me travelling light. And in the event that i have to buy things for people then i can get a bag and easier for me to bring it back than going with much. In this trip, i wasnt expecting myself to look for guides on what to do or how to do it. I love the surprises. One thing i was eager to see was the airport. It was the top for me and to be frank i wasnt disappointed. Got my ticket for the trip and did some research on the hotel to be in using booking.com. Massive help on that. Book a city view room which was around QR600 for 3nights. Lucky for me, my algie friend who happened to be there a week before me did some sightseeing for me. Got the best views. Places and even suggested another hotel for me Holiday inn. Holiday inn is multinational.

On the day of the trip, i arrived at the airport after work just few mins to counter closing. This is when i realised a turn of event. About to receive my boarding pass when the attendant came back to me to tell me that a letter was mistaken on my Hayya visa application. Couldnt believe my ears and eyes. Tried all i could to reach the hayya customer care which is very disappointing to say the least. Logged in to the app to make edits but couldnt. However, the only positive in this was i could open my ticket while my ETA was to expire the next day. Which means i can as well reapply and get my visa same day. That was exactly what i did and got my visa for another 30days.

DOHA

The journey was a 9hrs flight from Nigeria. Which is a direct daily flight to doha using Qatar Airways. I still feel i enjoyed the qatar airways more than the British Airways in my previous post. I didnt feel much of the stress because i love to select my seat before departure. I’m not that rich o, so i cant afford a free leg seat which costs N88k/N44k 🙂.

I had the best hotel view and i’d like the advice people to check them up if possible. Note: No bad hotel. Paid about QR600 for the first 3 nights i spent. 😍 great room, great view, close to the Metro as well - probably like 5mins walk. Ubers are freaking cheap as well. The name is The Town Hotel

SOUK WAQIF

If you the arabian cultural vibes, cuisine, local products, fancy views. Then you have yourself to blame if you are in doha and havent visited this place. I think it has a good history about 500years or so. They have the availability to oil perfumes, abayas, spices for both food, drink and medicinal i guess 🤔. (NOT KAYAN MATA TYPE OOO). Bought a few fabrics myself.

MUSEUM OF ISLAMIC ARTS

This a tourist wonder, you will have the biew to the doha city center. The historical building has a lot of Arabian artefacts from all over arabian dating back to 7-19th century. Its about 8 floors with so much details and evidence that creativity and culture is what what people should value more. In Nigeria we are really bad at keeping our cultural and ethnic afrtefacts. Regardless of what anyone says, you should not let your tribe, belief slide under the carpet. Family name and ethnicity has a validity, if you allow yourself to loose it then you dont exist.

VILLAGGIO

i’ll advice you check this great place out, its as if you are in different cities/countries but in a single location. The ceiling is a design of the sky, the path are made as a street within a mall.

I wasnt opportuned to check the stadium 974. Which was used during the Qatar world cup 2022. The amazing theming about the stadium is that it was designed using cargo containers (974) of them. Saw it along the old airport road though and looks great with the water and all.

HOLIDAY INN
I later changed hotel to holiday inn based on suggestion from my algie friend. Its a wonderful place with good location and the customer services is brilliant and professional. I spent QR1,115 for the 4nights. But i’d prefer my other hotel because of the view and closeness to the souk waqif.

Overall, Qatar - Doha is a wonderful place for tourism with the visa ban from Dubai. Middle east have a way of taking its visitors by surprise.

THE END

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Qatar Trip by libertyfather(m): 2:12am On Sep 25, 2023
listening
Re: My Qatar Trip by Lungdick: 10:16am On Sep 25, 2023
libertyfather:
listening
FF
Re: My Qatar Trip by Minsk24: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2023
Following
Re: My Qatar Trip by Unlettered: 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
More

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Qatar Trip by Lihos: 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2023
Lovely
Re: My Qatar Trip by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nice
Re: My Qatar Trip by Messileo10000: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
And some of us dey even Benin republic, we never cross go

Where una dey see this money bayi

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Qatar Trip by KIDfurniture(m): 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
I want to see Qatar / Saudi / Kuwait someday

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Qatar Trip by santakris(m): 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
Wow
Re: My Qatar Trip by Deeprooted: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: My Qatar Trip by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nice!
Re: My Qatar Trip by benuejosh: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
While we are happy about your tour.

Next time i think using a good nikon camera or a good samsung phone will do more justice to the picture quality. The picture quality make am look like say Qatar dey blurry.

9 Likes

Re: My Qatar Trip by jojothaiv(m): 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
Oil rich city...

2 Likes

Re: My Qatar Trip by InventTech: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
There's just so something fascinating about sea waters - Picturesque 😊

5 Likes

Re: My Qatar Trip by wittywriter: 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
Lovely place (county) to visit...just have money life will be sweet no matter life challenges.

Wittyness
Re: My Qatar Trip by Dogalmighty17: 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nice! Enjoy your holidays.

1 Like

Re: My Qatar Trip by christejames(m): 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
Keep having fun dear...

Tinubu is still dealing with us back home!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Qatar Trip by Soylife(m): 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
Money too sweet. Enjoy bro.

My near confrontation with stone the dreaded cultist. My meeting with my roommate who hilariously brings livestock to last him for the semester. Chris my friend who shows up every time I finish cooking a meal. My bitter experience with a Futo babe. My humiliating encounter with a security man. Read all this and more in Futo na War(my experience in university).
Link in signature (delete the spaces)

1 Like

Re: My Qatar Trip by javaguru: 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
So where are u
Re: My Qatar Trip by Nats12(m): 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
God
Re: My Qatar Trip by UncleKoboko: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
>
Re: My Qatar Trip by Nats12(m): 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
That same God that made it possible for you to travel to Qatar will definitely make it easy for me to visit Singapore 🇸🇬 one day.

Enjoy your stay there

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Qatar Trip by Rexhenrex(m): 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
I wanna travel too but my account balance is giving me kogi vibes.

4 Likes

Re: My Qatar Trip by Poisonousman: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2023
People get money oo.. to travel no be beans oo.. and e come be say na flexing you go do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Qatar Trip by owiko(m): 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nice scenery, nice pictures.
The rate at which people are generating stunning pictures from #PHOTOLAB and the rest to post on their birthdays, how photographers want take survive this renewed shegeh? Let the studio men breathe..

1 Like

Re: My Qatar Trip by Angrigowt: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
I need just 3 qatar client. 25k each billing

4 Likes

Re: My Qatar Trip by illicit(m): 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
Where una dey see dis money sef

🤕

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport / Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) / Pictures Of Travellers "Fighting" To Board Arik Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.