Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo (2564 Views)

Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence' / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) / Nude Photos Of UNILAG English Professor Who Molests Female Students Leaked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by Msntv: 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2023
https://myschoolnews.ng/UNILAG%20student%20spotted%20begging%20alms%20for%20N225,000%20fees%20in%20Gbagada Before Myschoolnews published about Oluwakemi, a final year part-time student at UNILAG, had been struggling to raise the required N225,000 in school fees since the announcement of the fee increment.

In a heartwarming turn of events, a good Samaritan has come forward to help Oluwakemi, a student at the University of Lagos (UNILAG), who was recently spotted begging for alms to pay her school fees. The generous individual not only paid Oluwakemi’s tuition fees but also promised to support her education through the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and master’s level

Oluwakemi, a final year part-time student at UNILAG, had been struggling to raise the required N225,000 in school fees since the announcement of the fee increment. She resorted to begging for alms in the Ifako-Gbagada area of Lagos state, holding a placard that read, “Please help a final year student with her school fees. God bless you”. Oluwakemi’s story gained attention and touched the hearts of many.

The good Samaritan, who wishes to remain anonymous, not only paid off Oluwakemi’s outstanding fees but also expressed their commitment to supporting her education beyond undergraduate studies. This act of kindness has brought hope and relief to Oluwakemi, who had been facing immense financial pressure.

The University of Lagos recently announced an increase in tuition fees, which sparked protests from students. However, following the outcry, the university authorities decided to reduce some of the fees charged to students. Despite this adjustment, many students like Oluwakemi continue to face financial challenges.

Acts of kindness like this remind us of the power of compassion and generosity. By investing in Oluwakemi’s education, the good Samaritan has not only changed her life but also contributed to building a brighter future for our society. Education is a fundamental right that should be accessible to all, regardless of their financial circumstances.

Oluwakemi’s story serves as an inspiration and a call to action. It highlights the importance of supporting students who face financial difficulties in pursuing their education. Scholarships, grants, and bursaries are some avenues through which individuals and organizations can make a difference in the lives of students like Oluwakemi.

As we celebrate this act of kindness, let us remember that each one of us has the power to make a positive impact on someone’s life. Together, we can create a society where no student is left behind due to financial constraints.

MySchoolNews Wishes to Thank All Those Who Cared and Attempted to Reach Out to This Lady. God Bless You All.
SOURCE: https://myschoolnews.ng/good-samaritan-pays-unilag-students-tuition-fees-and-promises-scholarship-through-nysc-and-postgraduate-studies

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by Wawelexy(m): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2023
She tried.... God bless her
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by yusman14(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2023
This is wonderful. I'm happy for her.
I'm exactly in her situation too, I'm afraid of dropping out after spending 6 years already for a 5 years program.

This is my final year also. Life is not easy at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2023
On God

Na wa
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by Softgraphix2: 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2023
School fees is 120k for returning students,

Where is the 225k from?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by Wurld: 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2023
kiss

1 Like

Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by KingLennon(m): 6:05am On Sep 26, 2023
The country makes uncommon decisions that the common man will not be able to cope it. Very soon in Nigeria, people will not go to the varsity again sad
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by Robisky001(m): 6:17am On Sep 26, 2023
In conducive clime the government make policies that will favour the masses but the reverse is the case in Nigeria. God bless the good samaritan.

1 Like

Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by Bliss52: 7:09am On Sep 26, 2023
cool

It's good
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by MMempire(m): 9:10am On Sep 26, 2023
Better to beg than to turn a slay queen.
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by OKUCHI11(m): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2023
the one that's paining me is that whenever it would be a time to correct this political error... yoruba and Muslims will... say let the status quo continue.. because APC or Tinubu is a Muslim.... listen

Nigeria is irredeemable... quote me any day... Nigeria can never get better...inve Tinubu leaves a more wicked person will play that religion and tribalism card to enter...
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by OKUCHI11(m): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2023
come 2027...PDP should not allow Atiku to come out and waste their Chance again... just imagine if Obi and Kwankwaso were to be in PDP... tentatively speaking
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by Auraking: 10:07am On Sep 26, 2023
Get Ur cheap Data here in my signature
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:35am On Sep 26, 2023
Well done my dear.
PEOPLE GET MONEY FOR NAIJA,LRT TGEM HELP THOSE THAT NEEDS PRIDUCTIVE HELP TO GET UP AND MOVE. angry
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2023
OKUCHI11:
the one that's paining me is that whenever it would be a time to correct this political error... yoruba and Muslims will... say let the status quo continue.. because APC or Tinubu is a Muslim.... listen

Nigeria is irredeemable... quote me any day... Nigeria can never get better...inve Tinubu leaves a more wicked person will play that religion and tribalism card to enter...

I keep on hearing statements like this all time. It is well.

But a honest question,what do you think is the way out ?
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by OKUCHI11(m): 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2023
oluwasunkanmi97:

I keep on hearing statements like this all time. It is well.

But a honest question,what do you think is the way out ?
there's no way out we're all doomed...
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
Laudable gesture,those who have supplus you know ya sefs,do more. Atleast she didnt go for olosho run to get the money she despirately needs. UNIVERSITIES SHOULD OPEN LOAN ACCOUNTS FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS TO COPE,AND USE THEIR CERTIFICATE AS COLLATERAL TILL THEY PAY BACK. sad
PROFS, V.CS BE CREATIVE. grin
Re: Lady Pays N225,000 Fees Of UNILAG Student Spotted Begging Alms In Gbagada Photo by Couldntfigurean: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2023
We are going to teach Ibos a lesson they will never forget in their lives

Wetin dey happen now?

(1) (Reply)

How To Register For 2024 NYSC Mobilization With National Identification Numbers / Unaad Pre-Degree Form / Please Help,i Misplaced My Jamb Slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.