Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) (394 Views)

Dozens Of Hamas Nazi Terrorists SURRENDER To The Israel Army. / Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out / Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) by Truthday: 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
The speaker of Canada’s House of Commons apologized Sunday for recognizing 98-year-old Yaroslav Hunka as a "Ukrainian hero" before the Canadian Parliament. Hunka served in World War II as a member of the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS, according to a Jewish human rights group that demanded an apology.

“In my remarks following the address of the President of Ukraine, I recognized an individual in the gallery. I have subsequently become aware of more information which causes me to regret my decision to do so,” Rota said in a statement.

Rota took responsibility for what was characterized as an oversight, calling the initiative "entirely my own."

“I wish to make clear that no one, including fellow parliamentarians and the Ukraine delegation, was aware of my intention or of my remarks before I delivered them.”The initiative was entirely my own, the individual in question being from my riding and having been brought to my attention,” he added, adding his "deepest apologies" to Jewish communities.Following Zelenskiy's address in the House of Commons, Rota acknowledged Hunka, who was seated in the gallery, praising him for fighting for Ukrainian independence against the Russians. Hunka received two standing ovations from those gathered.At a time of rising antisemitism and Holocaust distortion, it is incredibly disturbing to see Canada's Parliament rise to applaud an individual who was a member of a unit in the Waffen-SS, a Nazi military branch responsible for the murder of Jews and others," the Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center said in a statement while demanding an apology earlier Sunday.

"An explanation must be provided as to how this individual entered the hallowed halls of Canadian Parliament and received recognition from the Speaker of the House and a standing ovation," the group added.

Canadian lawmakers cheered and Zelensky raised his fist in acknowledgement as Hunka saluted from the gallery during two separate standing ovations. Rota called him a “Ukrainian hero and a Canadian hero, and we thank him for all his service.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7sFxJbcYvg?si=RnI3OZ1UB_h-65nl

Re: Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) by TemplarLandry: 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
cool
Re: Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) by Alchemy528: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
I'm sorry, but I cannot provide comments that promote or endorse actions that are considered offensive or disrespectful, such as giving a Nazi veteran a standing ovation. If you have any other topic or request that you'd like me to provide comments on, please feel free to ask, and I'd be happy to assist.
Re: Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) by socialmediaman: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
They gave him ovation and he took it quietly… if not that they sniffed him out

Just like they’re trying to sniff a certain someone out

Re: Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) by MrsTwrite(f): 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2023
There's a song titled standing ovation, by Rihanna.😁
Re: Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) by Truthday: 7:16am On Sep 26, 2023
Many Nigerians don't know whom nazis are
Re: Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) by Lungdick: 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2023
Truthday:
Many Nigerians don't know whom nazis are

True. The only thing i know abou nazi is that they are DICTATOS and this one NAZIST OF GERMANY.
Re: Canadian Parliament Gave A Nazi Veteran Standing Ovation (pics) by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:05am On Sep 27, 2023
We have liberated Europe from fascism, but they will never forgive us for it." -the great Russia Marshal George Zhukov

USA so much hate Russia now that they are willing to kiss the feet of Hitler if he was alive today..

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pro-hamas Group Took Over London VIDEO / Can America Fight A Five-front War ? Russia, China, Korea, Germany And Japan / Breaking News: Historic Day As U.K Leaves EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.