Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out (35976 Views)

Biden Causes Stir After Ending Speech With ‘god Save The Queen’ / Photos Of Neo-nazi AZOV Battalion In Ukrainian Army / Schetkin Leonid Petrovich: Ukraine Captures Russian Tank Battalion Commander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by bn365: 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
Zelensky Speech With Nazi AZOV BATTALION Prompts Greek Lawmakers To WALK OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0tAWaNEhU8

Azov fighter video overshadows Zelenskiy's address to Greek lawmakers
ATHENS, April 7 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelenskiy's address to the Greek parliament on Thursday caused an outrage from opposition parties after a man who identified himself as an ethnic Greek member of Ukraine's ultranationalist Azov battalion appeared on a video.

Zelenskiy spoke about the destruction of the Russian-besieged Ukrainian port of Mariupol - home to thousands of ethnic Greeks - and appealed to Athens for help.

"I address you, as a Greek by origin. I am Mikhail, my grandfather fought against the Nazis... I participate in the defence of Ukraine through the Azov Battalion," he said.

Zelenskiy, who was invited to address the Greek parliament by conservative Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, received a standing ovation from lawmakers present in the room.

But the video caused a backlash on social media and an angry reaction from leftist parties.

Shortly after the speech, the head of the leftist Syriza party Alexis Tsipras said the incident was a provocation. "Solidarity with the Ukrainian people is a given. But the Nazis can not have a say in parliament," he tweeted.

His tweet had won more than 3,900 likes by Thursday evening.

A Greek government spokesman responded that the message of a member of the Azov Battalion was "mistaken and inappropriate".

Western countries say Moscow's invasion, the biggest assault on a European country since World War Two, was entirely unprovoked. Russia says it is carrying out a "special operation" to disarm and "denazify" its neighbors.

Ukraine's embassy in Athens said the Azov regiment, set up as a far right group in 2014, has been reformed and integrated into the National Guard of Ukraine.

"For many years Russia tried to 'plant' into Greek minds the myth that "Azov" Regiment is a paramilitary independent unit operating in Mariupol," it said.

"The video ... has nothing to do to those Nazi deeds, Russians commit on our land and against our people."
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/azov-fighter-video-overshadows-zelenskiys-address-greek-lawmakers-2022-04-07/

5 Likes

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Ekwuite82: 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
Interesting.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Rexymania(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by ObaOfEsan: 1:50am On Apr 12, 2022
undecided
Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Ibcrown(m): 1:52am On Apr 12, 2022
Salam alaikun jamaah

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 12, 2022
This is why Russia needs to denazify Ukraine.

And while Baba Zelensky keeps telling Europe to stop buying Russian gas, could his supporters here advise him to lead by example and stop collecting money for gas passing through Russian pipelines that pass through Ukraine territory on their way to Europe.

He should reject the money or give it to Europe to subsidize their gas grin grin grin

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by DaddyGoo: 1:54am On Apr 12, 2022
I concur....Azov is a raycist, neo Nazi, white supremacist nonsense.

Dunno why former President Poroshenko allowed the wicked people to be integrated into the Ukrainian military.

Zelensky still came and continued condoning the nonsense, even going to speak in their support smh.

If Azov Battalion did not exist, a quarter of Putin's reason for invasion would not be there.
Harsh truth.

107 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by stano2(m): 1:54am On Apr 12, 2022
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Dreamhighnow(m): 1:55am On Apr 12, 2022
Why Putin so silent?

Is he still in his bunker room?

I didn’t hear him make threat of nuclear war again. Let him try and see if Motherland Russia won’t become a wasteland. N.B Let peace reign

Life is beyond showing force. West don send their currency value to the abyss

I laugh when people say he has plenty nuclear weapon forgetting that he is not the only one that has

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Raxxye(m): 1:55am On Apr 12, 2022
If the story doesn't make much sense to you just as it doesn't to me, just click "like" and rest!

168 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 12, 2022
And for those of you claiming Ukraine is winning and has captured armored vehicles, missiles, and other weapons from Russia, leaving it with more stock than it had at the beginning of the war, don't you think it is suspicious that Zelensky is still going around to beg for weapons?

And he has gone so low that he's now begging Greece. Greece? The same Greece that went bankrupt until the EU bailed it out 4 years ago. No sanctions, no nothing, and yet the country turned upside-down.

Maybe Greece should send Zelensky some naked white statues to see if those would scare the Russians, and if they don't work, Zelensky should send the statues to the front line to replace the western mercenaries wounding themselves to escape the battlefield and return to their countries, as this former US army commander revealed here: https://www.nairaland.com/7070587/western-fighters-wounding-themselves-get

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by iJhoe(m): 2:02am On Apr 12, 2022
Enough of sentimental bull-shits

Let the war, invasion or special operation, whatever be over already.

All parties should be addressed
Enough is enough!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by handsomeyinka(m): 2:06am On Apr 12, 2022
Land for sale..

Location...UKRAINE

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by donaldking10: 2:08am On Apr 12, 2022
what happens when you make a comedian like Basket-Mouth your president. Your country automatically turns to a joke.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by iJhoe(m): 2:09am On Apr 12, 2022
Zelensky- the stooge and pawn in the hand of NATO

Even after this war, all these donations and aids will make Ukraine more loyal to America and the west

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Winters23: 2:11am On Apr 12, 2022
grin
Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Teaser4(m): 2:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Na old news tho…. Na true

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by tammie24: 2:14am On Apr 12, 2022
The comedian

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by andrew12(m): 2:16am On Apr 12, 2022
there is a big kinda level going on (THIS COUNTRIES ARE DOING guyman to guyman)
Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by 96ACE: 2:22am On Apr 12, 2022
grin
Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by KallmemrB0: 2:27am On Apr 12, 2022
Omo Greece of all country... Do they think hercule and those myth gods are still alive

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by JimmySwaggart(m): 2:31am On Apr 12, 2022
If south east burn down today, u think say Poland and other eastern Europe nation's send us Y then choke us up with Ukraine's predicament. A racist nation for that matter.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by iampeterben(m): 2:36am On Apr 12, 2022
"Denazify" that word struck me. I must confess first time I seeing the word I have to quickly look it up on Webster's. Mhen even in Nairaland too we learn everyday. Thank you @OP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by easyfem(m): 3:03am On Apr 12, 2022
Zelenky should please dialogue with his brother ...anything comes from usa is a game

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by sammyj: 3:10am On Apr 12, 2022
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by tammie24: 3:11am On Apr 12, 2022
Raxxye:
If the story doesn't make much sense to you just as it doesn't to me, gather here with a "like".
just read it again

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by donbrowser(m): 3:20am On Apr 12, 2022
iJhoe:
Zelensky- the stooge and pawn in the hand of NATO

Even after this war, all these donations and aids will make Ukraine more loyal to America and the west

That's normal.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Burgerlomo: 3:28am On Apr 12, 2022
Dreamhighnow:
Why Putin so silent?

Bastard

I didn’t hear him make threat of nuclear war again. Let him try and see if Motherland Russia won’t become a wasteland

I laugh when people say he has plenty nuclear weapon forgetting that he is not the only one that has

He's somewhere biting his fingers in regret for his actions and stupid egos grin

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by seanwilliam(m): 4:08am On Apr 12, 2022
Russia will be happy now

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out by Mooh247: 4:40am On Apr 12, 2022
Dreamhighnow:
Why Putin so silent?

Bastard

I didn’t hear him make threat of nuclear war again. Let him try and see if Motherland Russia won’t become a wasteland

Is Putin ever known to make noise or give irrelevant press conferences ?! He is a former KGB he doesn't talk anyhow he acts..

At no point did he specifically threaten anyone with Nuclear warhead as twisted by Western Media... He goes about with a red brief case, US fake news claims he wants to lunch nuclear warheads... He host a military parade they say he wants to shoot a missile

The same Ukraine that you support has over 30 Bio laboratory fully funded by US and NATO to create population control engineered viruses.. like covid 19 they created in Wuhan killing millions around the world and forcing their vaccines on everyone

161 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Dead' Woman Comes Back To Life At Her Funeral / Imelda Acosta Sentenced To Jail / Shoot Both Herdsmen, Farmers Dead If….- Chadian President Idriss Orders Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.