Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,119 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics (28388 Views)

Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies / Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Brushstrokes20: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2023
This can't be true! Lagos traffic has drastically reduced ever since the petroleum price increase!

3 Likes

Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by EXOUSIAng: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bliss52:

You are saying one in every 4 family in Lagos own a car?

Is that feasible

Lagos demographics, you have toddlers without cars, teens without cars, extremely old who can't drive, disabled

1 in 22 is just fallasy

It's more like 1 in 500

I bet you don't even have a car
You are just a regard and no one should actually take you serious or should I just say you lack exposure.
Does your brain not tell you that one person can own more than a car or your level of poverty has blinded you to that reality?
I have 4 cars, 2 for myself, a corolla and an SUV, my babymama uses one and on takes the kids to and from school, the corolla is used as a standby car in one of my business place.
Do you know some people have up to 6 cars on The road daily?
Let's not talk about companies, schools with multiples school buses, many of those schools are owned by one person.
It's And empty head mindset to argue the number of cars in a city based on the population.....
I know person wer dey do cab business, he currently has 16 corollas on Lagos roads, and he is planning on expanding next year. That is one person an individual.
This airhead is talking about family and 1 car.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Meerahbel: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2023
Ajah
Ikaeniyan0:
Where's that located mirabel
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Prettyclown: 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2023
Ironically you need the sense grin, it's obvious you so need it, judging from ur first comment and this one also cheesy cheesy
Bliss52:

Have sense nau... is it US and China whole wide traffic jam?!

It's also just a road in a city
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Sillymoderators: 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
ask4bk:

Bia, Rashidat Ogunbanwo, I know life is not easy for you there at Ikorodu. Even if all the Chinedu and Chiamaka leave that forsaken Lagos, things will still not prosper for the people there.

What your state needs is to diversify transport system, have water boats and the rest. Since you not doing it, if a rich Chinedu come and do it now you'll enjoy the service but still jealous him for his money.
But you people claim to have developed Lagos.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Regex: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Why am I seeing Manchester instead of London? Lived in both cities and I can tell you for sure say London get traffic pass Manchester.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Horus(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2023
Lagos, in Nigeria is the worst traffic city in the world in 2023, according to data published by World of Statistics and Numbeo

2 Likes

Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Diligent1(f): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2023
ask4bk:

Bia, Rashidat Ogunbanwo, I know life is not easy for you there at Ikorodu. Even if all the Chinedu and Chiamaka leave that forsaken Lagos, things will still not prosper for the people there.

What your state needs is to diversify transport system, have water boats and the rest. Since you not doing it, if a rich Chinedu come and do it now you'll enjoy the service but still jealous him for his money.
Your comment on the wrong person
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Ceeman2o: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Traffic have really reduce in Lagos state since petrol price was increase

Which of the traffic has really reduced? When almost all access roads are dilapidated and in worst states. What happened between mainland nd island traffic situation was the reopening of eko bridge, aside this it was a nightmare from any connections away from the two long island/mainland bridges. Try to go sangotedo from vi or join any mainland towns off 3rd mainland bridge.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by GENES11S: 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bliss52:

You are saying one in every 4 family in Lagos own a car?

Is that feasible

Lagos demographics, you have toddlers without cars, teens without cars, extremely old who can't drive, disabled

1 in 22 is just fallasy

It's more like 1 in 500

I bet you don't even have a car

Your calculation is flawed.

You are assuming all vehicles that ply Lagos roads belong to Lagosians. This might be true for true for smaller states but not same for Lagos and some other states.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by TheArrowhead(m): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2023
ogododo:

Source: World of Statistics @stats_feed

Lagos dropped off the list since fuel subsidy removal naa
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by johnjose68: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
ogododo:

If you look very well at the monikers commenting negatively about Lagos, they are the i.pobs. grin

This is the kind of news they like...they deliberately closed their I.pobian eyes to the fact that the almighty USA takes not only number 2 position but also 11, 24, 32, 42, 50 and 72.

They only saw the negatives in the news when Lagos is mentioned, forgetting that the other side of the news is highlighting the population explosion in those cities and the number of cars on the roads.

As we speak, gala-selling and drug-peddling i.pobs are parking their bags to join night buses to Lagos (i.pob Dreamland). Yet abusing southwest and Lagos is their past-time grin

Ijaw, Bayelsan, Rivers and other southern states know of the rejected Jews shenanigans and thus are distancing themselves from them.

Everywhere they go, they leave traces of problems and shame spoiling the country's name.

Even their fellow i.pobian ohaneze advised the FCT minister to de-recognise anything 'eze' because they are always recipe for hullabaloo.

https://leadership.ng/ohanaeze-asks-fct-minister-to-ban-activities-of-eze-igbo/

https://www.nairaland.com/7854306/ohanaeze-asks-fct-minister-ban

Every bad thing that has happened to the country was started by them. From:

1. the first coup
2. the first civil war
3. the refusal to put referendum in the constitution because it favoured them at that time
4. the collapse of the regional government by ironsi (an i.pob) because he wants to control all the federated units with his fellow cohorts
5. to the infiltration of other regions (fulanis are learners)
6. Fake drugs (Dora akunyili tried to stop her fellow i.pobs)
7. fake products (fake coca cola, fake baby foods, fake everything)
8. Baby factories
9. importing all substandard products from china and thus putting pressures on the naira and then turn around to blame the government.
10. FILL IN THE REST.

It's a matter of time. Everyone will put you in your place as the OSU you are.

Eko oni baje ooo

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by COMPAQ(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bliss52:

A million cars for 22 million people

Common be logical

Wow!! If that many people are rushing for the train, then LASG need to increase the frequency very rapidly.

For me from Mile 12 to Marina, there should be a train leaving Mile 12 every 15mins at 6.30am, 6.45, 7am, 7.15am, 7.30am, 7.45am, 8am

From 8am, it can then be every 30mins till end of the day, as the rush in the evening will be from the Marina end for those closing from work.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by IfnobeGod20: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Some of you will always find ways to justify nonsense.

Lagos has over a million automobiles plying roads on a daily basis and you're here vomiting trash.
Your stat is lace in lie. That million ply the road per day, that doesn't mean it's million cars that ply it. It's the number that ply the road per minute or hour is the accurate number of cars using any road.
A bus transiting to pick passengers, if it goes 10, would still be counted as 1.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Exceed15: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
Taylor92:
Lagos na glorified slum

Search for the worst cities to live in on google boom Lagos will be number one

There's nothing special in Lagos.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by jackie35(m): 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2023
ogododo:

Today is the first day i am seeing Nigeria (Lagos) top the list.

Congratulations, more elbow to your grease, no, elbow more grease to you, abi na more grease to your elbow. Whatever.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Ikaeniyan0: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
Ceeman2o:

Which of the traffic has really reduced? When almost all access roads are dilapidated and in worst states. What happened between mainland nd island traffic situation was the reopening of eko bridge, aside this it was a nightmare from any connections away from the two long island/mainland bridges. Try to go sangotedo from vi or join any mainland towns off 3rd mainland bridge.
I'm not interested in your unreasonably argument. I was not speaking for you but myself.

Lagos traffic have really reduce since subsidy was remove
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Fearyourcreator: 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2023
Taylor92:
Lagos na glorified slum

Your AKANT go don full with this hate on Lagos,yoruba and Tinubu ... if not oloriburuku ni e ooo
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Fearyourcreator: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Why is lagos number one in every negative index in the entire world

The same lagos Tinubu built from scratch
Una saner climes dey ...
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by SpockFederation: 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iInyTsZRxow

APPLE IPHONE 15 PRO REVIEW 2023 - PRICE IN NIGERIA
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by planetx: 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2023
No way is New York #72 , should be among the top 10.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Mikel99(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
What!! I thought number number one should be Shanghai in china
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Gboom: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2023
Taylor92:
Lagos na glorified slum

And ya blothers dey troupe in from time to time
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by GoodRocks: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2023
seunmsg:
Lagos is a very small city with over 25million people. Add poor city planning and bad road to the mix and the heavy traffic is what you get.

I thought the drug lord built Lagos? Why will there be poor city planning and bad roads mix with heavy traffic? Are you trying to say the drug lord is a complete failure and a plain criminal?
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by oladipuposadeeq(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bliss52:

So in your area 1 🚗 car for every 4 families 👨‍👩‍👧, same applies in Ajegunle, Mushin, Ajangbadi, Igo elerin

Every family owns a car

So who are on BRT
exactly my thought who are using BRT, danfo, molue, Korope and so on but you self look am well and lagos big oooooooo because 100k cars from isolo to ajah to apapa to abule ado haba I am sure cars in lagos will be more than a million, I am sure public vehicles alone will be running into hundreds of thousands self
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Gboom: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2023
If this is true shame on Lastma officials and their ogas at the top.
Lastma boys are not controlling the traffic but always looking for ignorant drivers as scapegoats to fill their pockets.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by shinealight(m): 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2023
Taylor92:
Lagos na glorified slum

So what are your ancestors and descendants still doing there? grin grin grin
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by judedwriter(m): 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
Lol...

I remember those days....

The traffic on mile 2 road made me a night traveler!
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by loooozeem: 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
From ur comment I can see that u hv lost ur senses
This Lagos traffic is cause by ur brothers Chinedu, obinna,nnana who refused to stay in ur bush called state.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Jonjam269: 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2023
Deluded obidots always happy about negative news about Lagos, people that enter night bus to Lagos. Losers.
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by NAC1666: 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
ogododo:

Lagos, mad people everywhere. Now,they are in Abuja
Re: Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics by Alliswell248: 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Lagos always in the news for all the wrong reasons

Lagos was ranked the worst city to live on earth in June after the war torn city of Kyiev in Ukraine

If we decide to chase you and your kinsmen now, oby would start her noise.
Millions of your people are in Lagos....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus / Study Opportunities In Ukraine / 26-Year-Old Corper Sanni Mariam, Passengers, Driver Die In Imo Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.