Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit (23127 Views)

CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks / Traders, Transporters Reject New Naira Notes / Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by ufotunang: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2023
Morbeta11:
Tough times ahead.....Buhari's government buried Nigeria. Tinubu is just doing try you luck. Fg should start supporting SMEs.
..abi...from fire pan to fire
Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by BabaIbo: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2023
Where are those people singing bulaba's praise as master strategist, certified chartered accountant, first class graduate blah blah blah?

You guys fail to note what helped him in Lagos was that Lagos was generating so much money that he can do anyhow and still have lil change to work one or two projects for the people as camouflage.
A chronic thief can govern Lagos and still do projects for the people as long as plenty money is generated, he can even still 80% of the revenue and use 20% to work and the works will still be visible more than that of some states if those states work with the whole 100% generated in their states.

That is not the case in Nigeria, now e don set, air/breeze don dey blow, small time fowl nyansh go open yakata for outside.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by ufotunang: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2023
How does a country expect to have foreign currencies when we do not produce to export imorder to earn foreign currencies, dollars...we just a costuming economy...just to import, import ,import ...that is all...it's a pity
Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Ikpunnegi01: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
But we were told that Ebola will make the SHITHOLE looks like Dubai of Africa! I am yet to see any good thing since Ebola inflicted the SHITHOLE with his personal virus that is quite different from that of Ajala traveler grin Instead the virus keeps spreading to every section! Una must get sense! No mention me, egbeligwe agbagbuo gi!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by FreeStuffsNG: 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
Morbeta11:
Tough times ahead.....Buhari's government buried Nigeria. Tinubu is just doing try you luck. Fg should start supporting SMEs.
Asiwaju Tinubu is yet to even take control of CBN so calm down. His choice of CBN Governor and Deputy Governors just assumed office yesterday and today facing the Senate

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by mrvitalis(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Not true. (Not that I support subsidy removal and naira certainly hasn't been "floated".) You have zero understanding of what's going on.
No body is against them the method with which it was done was bad

Naira was floated he only reversed ot when it moved passed 800

Subsidy was removed when it got pass 650 they brought back subsidy

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by mrvitalis(m): 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2023
Winning123:
Floating of Naira is not the issue. The issue is that we were not selling enough oil to earn dollars due to stealing in the Niger Delta for many months. At some point we were only producing 800 thousand barrel per day instead of 1.7m barrel per day. All the useless Obi people don't know anything. Obi is lucky he did not win. This is not the best of time to be president of Nigeria. However I know we will pull through

So the president and his team didn't know this before they foolishly floated the naira?

That aside you obviously don't get my point even of you sale 4 million bpd won't even have much effect

The key to solving the naira issues has been over explained but you guys won't get it at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Bizibi(m): 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2023
mrvitalis:

The state Buhari left Nigeria has little or nothing to do with where we are today

Yes it was bad but not this bad

Removing of fuel subsidy, floating naira without having backing brought us here

Buhari is a failure yes but at least he was careful
Tinubu and his team are even more ignorant than Buhari team and are too carefree

Economy no be by gra gra... You tackle is slowly

None, zero of tinubu policy has worked all backfired leaving us far worse where we started
buhari administration is responsible for what we are going through.... infact the rubbish this administration is hiding from Nigerians will make some of you not understand the extent of the damage.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by ufotunang: 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
masseratti:
Shut down the official I & Ẹ window they won't hear... The naira is not floating freely if there is still an official window, ppl will take advantage of it and the Naira will fall further. Now we don't have foreign reserve to block the fall, now our CBN first time in history is falling to meet it's obligation, if you know what this means in economics terms, abeg if you get money to buy good for 6months and keep non perishable foods Pls do. If they don't manage the issue well.. We will definitely be another Greece, Zimbabwe or Argentina.
Scrap the official rate let everyone buy and sell at the autonomous /parallel /aboki rate.. That's the only way we can reset the economy. No other magic under the sum can help us now.. Emeifile really messed things up I swear.
....the solution is for nigeria to be a producing economy...an industrialized country where we produce to export inorder to earn, generate dollars, foreign currencies as revenue to the country...more of exportation and less of importation.... and also nigerians and politicians should reduce the way they travel to abroad for medical treatment and attending schools, foreign universities abroad.. for this increases the demand for dollars, pounds to do all this things and put pressure on the dollrs which makes the naira to be weak and lose value... nigerians and politicians should value what they have in nigeria and patronize nigeria hospital for medical treatment and patronize nigeria universities..I know it will be difficult for them to do that..but this is the solution to solve the scarcity of forex in nigeria and make the naira to have value inorder to make the economy to be good and better

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by mrvitalis(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bizibi:
buhari administration is responsible for what we are going through.... infact the rubbish this administration is hiding from Nigerians will make some of you not understand the extent of the damage.
Bros this is not your APC WhatsApp group this is a public forum with sensible people here adjust accordingly

No body would believe the bull crap

So Tinubu and his team didn't know what to expect when they removed subsidy and floated the naira? ... What did they expect to happen actually? Tell us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Timetravel88: 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by spiSeyi: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nigeria will come out stronger, we are about to step up as a nation cool .
All I know is that pres BAT's beginning of governance might be rough but he will end well. Foreigners will be lobbying to come to Nigeria, jakpa people will want to return but shame no go gree dem. In the long run, I see a lot of economic benefits in this hard time as a tech guy. Time for Nigeria Enterprises to drop the Indian software engineer and Chinese remote engineer for Nigerian tech guys.
It is time to start wearing made in Aba, time to start managing and patronizing made-in Aba and Alaba gadgets.
China, South Korea and UAE all went through this face and they excel just because they have a very strong leader like pres BAT. My advice to pres BAT is not to bow to pressure and speculation. Asiwaju go on soun 💪

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by able20(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2023
Olril18:
We are in big big Trouble 😎
Hungry boy Reno Omokri said Tinubu is a master strategist, his PHD is bigger than Nigerian problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Eriokanmi: 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nigerians, please what exactly is happening to us...in just 4 months? I don't get it

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Boldideas: 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2023
treesun:

https://businessday.ng/business-economy/article/trouble-looms-as-foreign-suppliers-reject-letters-of-credit/

When Buhari was running Nigeria Government like his ranch in Daura everyone was swallowing all they could swallow. Now see where we are, they have to vomit all they have swallowed for our economy to bounce back! They have to vomit it all!
Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by nairalanda1(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
Simple....we are in so much debt from the lean years of low oil prices, that the current rise in oil prices cannot pay off the debt.

Even that time between 2010-13 that we benefiited from high oil prices, if it wasn't for 1) the 2006 debt writeoff and 2) Yaradua saving like a miser...the man was one of the most miserly presidents ever in history...we would have been in a bad place in those years.

Like I said, Nigeria needs to diversify. We had a chance in 2015, when oil crashed. Buhari and Tinubu chose sharing money economics, instead of hard choices. Now, events are forcing us to make hard choices, and the current leadership is faltering.

Anyway, good luck Nigerians. We better wake up.
Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Larryndelaw: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
USELESS AND NONSENSE propaganda fake news nybIPOB and Obidient. Nothing hood about them
Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Willie2015: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
Winning123:
Floating of Naira is not the issue. The issue is that we were not selling enough oil to earn dollars due to stealing in the Niger Delta for many months. At some point we were only producing 800 thousand barrel per day instead of 1.7m barrel per day. All the useless Obi people don't know anything. Obi is lucky he did not win. This is not the best of time to be president of Nigeria. However I know we will pull through

Vitalis is right..
Oil theft as been with us since ages..
We have always managed
Removal of fuel subsidy and floating exchange rate...
are major moves that should be tackled gradually...
by Tinubu administration...
Need enough buffers to reduce effects of shocks on the economy

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by cjudy(m): 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2023
nedu666:
Buhari did serious damage to nigeria but then tinubu knew he was incompetent yet supported buhari for president
Leave Buhari out it. It’s 3months since your Almighty Lagos Builder came in and yet he haven’t mould one block yet to build Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by ElSudani: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hussein035:

I still believe it will get better, the purpose is to stop useless importation of unnecessary goods. These people selling to us should come to Nigeria and be producing those things we are importing. How can we be importing toothpick, important rice, still import fuel etc

They should reject every letter and let our useless importers come together to set up manufacturing of this things. More than 20 importers of fuel, why can't these useless fuel importers merge and build few refinery but greed will not allow them. No one has the masses in mind, just wealth and wealth for their unborn children

This is the bitter pill Nigeria must swallow in order to get better. We simply don't produce what we consume. Most ridiculous is fuel importation with foreign exchange that is not there.
To many its convenient to discard the facts and play politics.
Nigeria cannot even sustain the fuel subsidy even the government wants to continue.
We must go back to the basics and start producing what we need.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by RepoMan007: 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2023
masseratti:
Shut down the official I & Ẹ window they won't hear... The naira is not floating freely if there is still an official window, ppl will take advantage of it and the Naira will fall further. Now we don't have foreign reserve to block the fall, now our CBN first time in history is falling to meet it's obligation, if you know what this means in economics terms, abeg if you get money to buy good for 6months and keep non perishable foods Pls do. If they don't manage the issue well.. We will definitely be another Greece, Zimbabwe or Argentina.
Scrap the official rate let everyone buy and sell at the autonomous /parallel /aboki rate.. That's the only way we can reset the economy. No other magic under the sum can help us now.. Emeifile really messed things up I swear.
You are very unstable. You are still blaming emefiele after your paymaster took the rates from less than 800 to 1000 Naira in 4 months.
They also spoil and tried unspoiling the system with a petrol subsidy removal and reintroduction while not being able to prosecute anyone anywhere for any wrongdoing. Even GEJ, the APC acclaimed clueless one, brought people to book with a toothless EFCC and Judi-Judi Judiciary.

Keep singing the stupid song they paid you and your likes to be singing.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by masseratti: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2023
RepoMan007:
You are very unstable. You are still blaming emefiele after your paymaster took the rates from less than 800 to 1000 Naira in 4 months.
They also spoil and tried unspoiling the system with a petrol subsidy removal and reintroduction while not being able to prosecute anyone anywhere for any wrongdoing. Even GEJ, the APC acclaimed clueless one, brought people to book with a toothless EFCC and Judi-Judi Judiciary.

Keep singing the stupid song they paid you and your likes to be singing.
sorry i don't discuss with political jobbers. My concern is the economy not your ApC /PDP/LP in my book they are all the Same. Emefiele was at the head of CBN when those debts were made question should be what is it for?Buhari and the then minister of finance should also answer that.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by skales67(m): 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nigeria on the brink.

Some people still won't learn how not to vote based on tribe and religious lines.

That's not my problem tho.

As far as I see female clients that book me to "wash their plate" here in Abuja in exchange of hard cash plus sales of my premium videos...I am good.

Make una dey suffer am.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Itzlinda(f): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2023
mrvitalis:

The state Buhari left Nigeria has little or nothing to do with where we are today

Tinubu and his team are even more ignorant than Buhari team and are too carefree

None, zero of tinubu policy has worked all backfired leaving us far worse where we started

You have zero idea of what's going on buddy.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
All merciful Jehovah, my great provider I thank you for taking care of me and my family in this trying times . I don't know how to thank you but I'm so grateful amen !
Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by ezioyi(m): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2023
[quote author=dragunov post=126031061]

You guys don't really understand the politics behind the 2019 decision. Tinubu is APC. That was his political platform upon which his presidential ambition was to launch. Buhari was APC and refused to leave. Fighting Buhari would have collapsed the political base and structure he had spent so much time, efforts, finances to meticulously build. The Northerners would have destroyed everything if they didn't use "their" 8 years. Then, the only meaningful political structure was PDP who was fielding another Fulani man. You do the calculations. If he helped kick Buhari out( which he could do), Atiku will become president. Atiku will want his 8 years complete and there was nothing the South would have been able to do because PDP and the North will ensure that. That means 4+8=12. 12 long harrowing years under Fulanis. Or do you think Atiku will do anything different? Do you think Fulanis would not have adequate time to irrevocably complete the Fulanization agenda that Buhari started? Do you think the Fulani impunity would not have grown astronomically? Who knows whether the South would ever exist by then.
So it's either he lets the North have their 8 yrs under
APC or risk letting them have 12 years. If someone like Peter Obi had come up then instead of Atiku, maybe Tinubu would have supported him.

please don't bring in ethnicity to this mess. If you aren't doing well, you aren't doing well don't try to divide the people.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by Konquest: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2023
Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by mrvitalis(m): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2023
Itzlinda:

You have zero idea of what's going on buddy.
It's that what they told you guys to say?
Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by RepoMan007: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kukutente23:
Hit the ground into a landmine

I asked Zombies when they were singing hosanna in the early days of this regime what exactly the plan was. I remember one of them saying Tinubu has done what no other president before him could do by removing subsidy. I told the guy subsidy removal was a means and not an end itself. It's the effects that determines if it was successful or not. The Tinubu govt simply hopped on the bandwagon of Western financial institutions by removing subsidy and devaluing naira on the first day in office. It shows poor managerial skill. Basic management requires that you do a SWOT analysis on your first day in office and not policy implementation. The thinking was FDI will rush into the country immediately the policies were implemented to circumvent the effects but that has not happened and we all know why.
Secondly, Jesus said a demon cannot cast out another demon. I want to add that both will instead learn to live together. Tinubu is attempting to solve Nigeria's structural problems without looking to tackle the corruption that's at the base of it. It's a big issue he needs to own up to. He might end up losing friends but he can't really achieve much or anything at all, if he is having sacred cows. Those cows are never satisfied. As long as they are around, he'll neve get anything out of them.
Lastly, the posturing of this govt is looking more like that of a wasteful one with the retinue of aides and appointees, the largest in our history. This in a time we claim to be broke. The West are usually very critical of such wastefulness. But besides that, the main challenge is how to ensure productivity. Most of those appointees don't even have offices as we speak. Yet they will draw salaries and other perks while loafing around Abuja. It's a disaster really
The book of books, the Holy bible relates a concept of power drunkenness and derailment via the symbol of wine(spirit). Most of our leaders are taken over by this zeal to politick their way through issues. Tinubu is extremely plaqued by this disease. He took subsidy away and saw it as some sort of trophy or end.
The British man will say "when you hold a hammer, every object around begin to look like a nail". With years of politicking experience in Lagos and a supreme feeling, uncle Bola thought being able to suppress a massive protest after subsidy removal was a huge goal. He has been consumed by politics and sees suppression of reactions as huge achievements without bothering to address what's bringing the reactions. He is the one secretly reintroducing what he boasted about removing. The joke is no longer on the voiceless masses.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by erniok(m): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
mrvitalis:

If you are an economist, you'll know that Buhari left us in a terrible state.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit by RepoMan007: 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2023
masseratti:
sorry i don't discuss with political jobbers. My concern is the economy not your ApC /PDP/LP in my book they are all the Same. Emefiele was at the head of CBN when those debts were made question should be what is it for?Buhari and the then minister of finance should also answer that.
and it was under emefiele the foreign industries rejected letters of credit abi? Daft party agent.
Emefiele helped the daura lanky general secure loans to inspire turnaround but he built village infrastructures all over katsina and shared the rest. Is that emefiele's fault. The anchor borrowers scheme emefiele was involved in was a resounding success even the world bank and IMF will be envious of. Face those who are there and blame them accordingly, useless partisan schemer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ABC Transport Boss, Frank Nneji Gifts Two Buses To His Employees / Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom / Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.