Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo (13249 Views)

Couple, Driver, Three Others Die As Driver Rams Into Commercial Bus In Delta / Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / Trailer Crashes Into Shops In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by NCBLOG: 11:36am On Sep 26, 2023
Not fewer than 15 persons were on Monday evening reportedly killed in an accident involving a trailer and a commercial bus in Okpella, Etsako East Local Government Area of Edo State.

The articulated vehicle was said to be coming from Lokoja-Okene road before ramming into the commercial bus that was full of passengers.

An eyewitness said that the incident occurred after the trailer had a brake failure and crashed into a Toyota bus, killing 15 persons. He also said the corpses of the dead were taken to the mortuary, while the injured were taken to the hospital for medical attention.

Calls and text messages sent to the mobile phone of the Edo State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Paul Okpe, were not responded to at the time of filing this report.

Meanwhile, the Etsako East Local Chairman, Hon. Benedicta Attoh, has commiserated with the families of the victims as well as the people of Okpella, on the tragic incident.

A statement from her Chief Press Secretary, Ben Atu, said she sincerely sympathises with the family of the dead and prays for a quick recovery for the injured.

The statement reads: “It is with a deep sense of sorrow that I commiserate with the families of those that lost their lives in a fatal motor accident along the Ewo Market Road in Okpella on Monday, September 25th, 2023.”

“Indeed, their deaths have caused great sorrow for their families. I wish to let the families of the victims know that our thoughts and prayers are with them in this moment of grief. It is not the will of God that we die before our time, but when something like this happens, who can question God”.

“On behalf of Etsako East Local Government Council, I extend our heartfelt condolences to the families of our departed brothers and sisters.

“Their untimely death has undoubtedly caused great pain to their families and I pray that such tragedy will never occur again in Jesus name, Amen.

“May God grant the families and loved ones the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss and may their souls rest in peace, amen,” she said.

Source: https://punchng.com/15-dead-as-trailer-crashes-into-commercial-bus-in-edo/

1 Share

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by NCBLOG: 11:36am On Sep 26, 2023
Latest Road Accident, Coming From EDO State

Don't Forget, Bring This BAD NEWS

1 Like

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Xscape1993(m): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2023
We live today and tomorrow we are gone. This life.....

8 Likes

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by ebubeson: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2023
Long life to you.

You will not die pre-maturely in Jesus name. Amen.

RIP MOHBAD. May God console your family in Jesus name. Amen.

Long life to all Nigerians.

Long life to Yorubas.

Long life to Hausas

Long life to Igbos.

Long life to wonderful Mbaise people.

Long life to you and me.

26 Likes

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by NCBLOG: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2023
Xscape1993:
We live today and tomorrow we are gone. This life.....

See More Bad News @ www.. com
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Alchemy528: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2023
Always bad news coming out from Nigeria,, nawa oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by chatinent: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2023
The country has very few good news that we are so accustomed to bad news.

As e don bi, I feel I have Nigeriaphobia. Everything I do in Nigeria, I have to be extra careful because it could be a killjoy or a deathtrap in seconds. Oya come see me when I dey cross tarred road na. I go dey twist head like who craze new cos you fit see car far and in spilt seconds, it's close to you asf.

No peace anywhere anymore. Even in public toilets (mostly with broken lock knots), you have to hum so the person go know person dey inside. E come bi like na chop and sh*t we come this life come do.

As e bi sef, I prefer to ride the staircase than lifts make e no kill me.

I no fit even stay inside over three storey building for Naija too. E fit collapse anytime.

Yesterday I dey park, na so agbero push one student-looking guy, and the student was like "bro, what's up na? Why pushing me?" Agbero was like: "if you vex, I beat you. If I still vex, I beat you join."

I was like damn. Why are we so toxic and insensitive?

As I dey think am, another guy wey follow this dude don divide the agbero head, some see japa. Everyone miss. I even carry okpa wey I never pay disappear. Na latters I had to go pay the girl who sold it.

Man, if your car always answer you in the needy moments, no sell that car. Keep am for your next of kin.

Okay okay, they rushed the pastard to the hospital. On reaching to the FMC, just alongside the gutter is another corpse flushed out by the heavy floods.

Omo, I feel I am going to be sick.

9 Likes

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by NCBLOG: 11:43am On Sep 26, 2023
ebubeson:
Long life to you.

Are You Referring To
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by tuoyoojo(m): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2023
May God help us not to be at the right place at the wrong time

Lives just lost like that

1 Like

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Hendrixky: 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2023
Rest in peace
That Benin-okene Road ehnn
I never knew those Toyota hiace buses used by transport companies dey run untill a travel that route to abuja last three months

Those buses dey run for road...I believe say those buses go dey dust benz and lexus fro road

Heard one also happened at evboneka around after oluku bypass in Edo state this morning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by FalseProphet1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nigeria is burning.

This I have seen.
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Zupay: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2023
So sad.

Do the relatives of those who got killed from brake failure of those heavy duty vehicles ever get to sue their owners?

1 Like

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by AsomArchitectNG(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2023
Quite sad
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Kendo93: 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
Rip to the dead
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by sofeo(m): 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
Alright
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Demogorgon(m): 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
5 people? Lol. Over 20 persons lost their lives..

1 Like

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Blackestjunior(m): 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
So sad... living a life that we can lose anytime...chaii
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Randal: 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hardluck
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Curious346: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2023
It only happens in Buhari and Tinubu's Nigeria
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by NOwazobia: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2023
We live only to die.

Cradle to the grave.

Sad lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Curious346: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2023
APC has destroyed this nation
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by wrongman665(m): 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2023
shocked 15 people no be here oo. May their soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Fatbam005: 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2023
This is supposed to happen to Tinubu and his cohort who has decided to bring untold hardship to the masses but the wicked sometimes live long. Rip rontje death
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by TANID(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
NCBLOG:
Latest Road Accident, Coming From EDO State
Don't Forget, Bring This BAD NEWS
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
God will continue to protect us
Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Cantonese: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
Very sad. Very unfortunate. May God not let us be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

That image shows a Mac 1989 10 tyres tipper. The major issue usually is the legs always. Owners and drivers must constant watch out for it.

1 Like

Re: Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo by Tayorshd87: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2023
For this new APC regimen again 😢😭

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indonesia Gives Nigeria Free Visa. / Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today / Apapa: Tanker Loaded With Petrol Falls & Spills Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.