Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming (5275 Views)

African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History / Ezenwa Chinaza Wins 3 Medals For Lagos State At Weightlifting Youth Games / Gate Collapses On Female Athlete At Opening Of 7th Nigerian Youth Games In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by money121(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
Ok
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Courtesy of YORUBAS, the OWNERS, and other Tribes RESIDENT in LAGOS
grin grin grin

Owner of what

1 Share

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Jennieee4(f): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2023
Well done
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by SonOfDSoil01: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

We are proud of our region as a whole up to Ketu and Porto Norvo in Benin Republic. Ogun IGR alone envelops that of enclave states of Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo combined. Let's not even talk about farms and factories in Oyo, gold and other mineral resources in Osun, and abundant crude oil in Ondo. Ekiti is the hub of human capital development, churning out professors and software engineers. Go and verify. cheesy
dont stress yourself educating that block head grin he is a primary school drop out, and therefore he comprehend a thing of what you are saying, he will just bring you down to is low level and exhaust you in is foolsihness smiley grin

1 Like

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
this over grown fool again grin how market Shukudi? Hope you don dey gather my rent money? Make i no go drop you and your family for Upper iweka for night oo grin no forget say na our landlord i be for this lagos....Arindin night crawler😂
Chaii...
See pains...for the fact that you resorted to using derogatory words on me clearly shows how painful the truth is!

You go explain tire grin grin grin
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by phorget(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hotfreezing:

Lagos made them.
Just like Lagos made Chioma Ajunwa. Lagos still gave her a house last year.
South East never did a single thing for that woman.

Look at how you people are treating Chimamanda Adichie. Arthur Eze is dealing seriously with her over land matter. No be so na.

That's why your sisters are falsifying WAEC results so they can get a chance to come to Lagos

How about omo oniles dealing seriously to others over land matters?
And if you claim lagos made certain individuals just because of their positive contributions then you'll agree with me that Lagos also made those ones contributing negatively.
You cant lay claim to the goods and then reject the bads,whatever happens in Lagos should stay in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

We are proud of our region as a whole up to Ketu and Porto Norvo in Benin Republic. Ogun IGR alone envelops that of enclave states of Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo combined. Let's not even talk about farms and factories in Oyo, gold and other mineral resources in Osun, and abundant crude oil in Ondo. Ekiti is the hub of human capital development, churning out professors and software engineers. Go and verify. cheesy
Proud of wetin I guess you mean you are proud of Osun, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo and Ekiti,... If so, I no get problem with that! grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by MacTayyy: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2023
Ok
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
phorget:

How about imo oniles dealing seriously to others over land matters?
And if you claim lagos made certain individuals just because of their positive contributions then you'll agree with me that Lagos also made those ones contributing negatively.
You cant lay claim to the goods and then reject the bads,whatever happens in Lagos should stay in Lagos.
Chaiii grin grin grin

God bless you sir!
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by SonOfDSoil01: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
Renman:
Chaii...
See pains...for the fact that you resorted to using derogatory words on me clearly shows how painful the truth is!

You go explain tire grin grin grin
hahaha you crave for my attetiion grin now you have it, so therefore there is no other way to respond to a slow retard like you, but in the language you understand since you dont want to out grow your foolishness grin proudly Omo eko cheesy, if you dont like the sound of it, sorry i cant help, but love to see you die in pain grin
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Papayaayasager(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
In sport we are all Lagosians no matter your tribe but in politics profiling starts grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
hahaha you crave for my attetiion grin now you have it, so therefore there is no other way to respond to a slow retard like you, but in the language you understand since you dont want to out grow your foolishness grin proudly Omo eko cheesy, if you dont like the sound of it, sorry i cant help, but love to see you die in pain grin

So mr migrant when will you be proud of
your Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun grin grin grin

You go explain tire grin
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by EleventhWeirdo: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2023
Renman:
grin grin grin

Owner of what

What's this garbage you keep regurgitating? By your mumu source, are Aworis not Yorùbá? Go to Isalẹ Èkó and shout that Aworis are not Yorùbá. I want to confirm if you would leave there with your 1p0b skkull intact cheesy

1 Like

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

What's this garbage you keep regurgitating? By your mumu source, are Aworis not Yorùbá? Go to Isalẹ Èkó and shout that Aworis are not Yorùbá. I want to confirm if you would leave there with your 1p0b skkull intact cheesy
grin grin grin

Who told you Aworis are Yoruba

1 Share

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Papayaayasager(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hotfreezing:

Lagos made them.
Just like Lagos made Chioma Ajunwa. Lagos still gave her a house last year.
South East never did a single thing for that woman.

Look at how you people are treating Chimamanda Adichie. Arthur Eze is dealing seriously with her over land matter. No be so na.

That's why your sisters are falsifying WAEC results so they can get a chance to come to Lagos

Same way Olusegun Obasanjo dealt with those Oba's and disgraced them publicly at Iseyin campus, Oyo state...no be so na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by EleventhWeirdo: 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2023
Renman:
grin grin grin

Who told you Aworis are Yoruba

Stop being an irritant using stup!d Google searches. Go to Isalẹ Èkó, the land of the Aworis, ask any of them if the are of Yoruba ancestry or not. I don't have time for your mumu conspiracy sites when the reality is on ground for verification. Even your stup!d Google search tells you that Aworis originated from Ile Ife. Is Ife the land of 1p0b, ehn shinedu? cheesy
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Stop being an irritant using stup!d Google searches. Go to Isalẹ Èkó, the land of the Aworis, ask any of them if the are of Yoruba ancestry or not. I don't have time for your mumu conspiracy sites when the reality is on ground for verification. Even your stup!d Google search tells you that Aworis originated from Ile Ife. Is Ife the land of 1p0b, ehn shinedu? cheesy
Oga not everything you see in Google that are true. After all they were written by those who are deficient of the true history!

Aworis are the Bini. Bini history says awori are the party that followed oduduwa from Benin to Ife when he was chased away from Bini.

Besides, if Eko the Bini word is the original name of Lagos, and means nothing in Yoruba, then Lagos belongs to Bini simple and common sense.
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2023
Gangs grin
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Chassy03: 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
Last three years, cool I was representing my state Osun in Edo and here I am reading news if the latest one .. aren't this wonderful
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by EleventhWeirdo: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2023
Renman:
Oga not everything you see in Google that are true. After all they were written by those who are deficient of the true history!

Aworis are the Bini. Bini history says awori are the party that followed oduduwa from Benin to Ife when he was chased away from Bini.

Besides, if Eko the Bini word is the original name of Lagos, and means nothing in Yoruba, then Lagos belongs to Bini simple and common sense.

Lol loads of garbage upon garbage. You shared a crappy source that shot yourself in the foot and when I pointed out that your source says Aworis originated from Ife, you turned around said not everything on google is believable. Says someone who has sharing online garbage since. Funny thing isntha I don't need all those senseless google searches to confirm my people. Do you know the names and titles of awori chiefs? What language do aworis speak? Is their dialect compatible with èdè Yorùbá or not? You 1p0b minions jus jump on every Lagos thread to constitute nuisance all in the name of plying your 2×2 okrika trading in Lagos. Why don't you take my advice; go to Isalẹ Èkó, the land of Aworis and tell them that they are not Yorùbá cheesy

1 Like

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Lol loads of garbage upon garbage. You shared a crappy source that shot yourself in the foot and when I pointed out that your source says Aworis originated from Ife, you turned around said not everything on google is believable. Says someone who has sharing online garbage since. Funny thing isntha I don't need all those senseless google searches to confirm my people. Do you know the names and titles of awori chiefs? What language do aworis speak? Is their dialect compatible with èdè Yorùbá or not? You 1p0b minions jus jump on every Lagos thread to constitute nuisance all in the name of plying your 2×2 okrika trading in Lagos. Why don't you take my advice; go to Isalẹ Èkó, the land of Aworis and tell them that they are not Yorùbá cheesy
And I also pointed out your source is fake Yet you want me to believe yours...your history that is filled with myth even to the point of saying oduduwa fell from the sky grin grin grin... Now if Eko the Bini word is the original name of Lagos, and means nothing in Yoruba, then Lagos belongs to Bini simple and common sense.

Again, Lagos is a bight of Benin why not bight of awori or Yoruba?
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2023
Neduzze5:
Thank God for Chioma KANU from Abia State and the other South East girls that solidified this win.

Without them helping out this South West team, this win may not have been secured.

Is it inferiority complex that is making Igbos not represent their states of origin at the sports festival because I still don't understand this obsession about Lagos.

Every Igbo is so in love with Lagos so much that they prefer to make Lagos proud than their own state of origin.
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

History 101, the first Oba, of Lagos was a Benin priest. His name is Ado, he named Lagos Eko. Most streets in Lagos have Benin name e. g Idumota, Idumagbo, Igbosere, Enowa, Iduganran. Go back to history. He married an indegine of Lagos from Awori. All these Ogun state and Oyostate indigines should stop claiming Eko.
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Is it inferiority complex that is making Igbos not represent their states of origin at the sports festival because I still don't understand this obsession about Lagos.

Every Igbo is so in love with Lagos so much that they prefer to make Lagos proud than their own state of origin.

Just as you are not proud of your indigenous state of Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun But claiming Lagos!!! grin
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
Renman:
Just as you are not proud of your indigenous state of Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun But claiming Lagos!!! grin

Lol cheesy but an Igbo is proud of Lagos while a Yoruba shouldn't? Where is the Logic?
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Lol cheesy but an Igbo is proud of Lagos while a Yoruba shouldn't? Where is the Logic?
Where did you see an Igbo is not proud of his state of origin? Besides, what is your state of origin
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2023
Renman:
Where did you see an Igbo is not proud of his state of origin? Besides, what is your state of origin

By not being proud enough to represent his or her state of origin.

Tobi Amusan claims Ogun but trains in Lagos.
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by EleventhWeirdo: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2023
Renman:
And I also pointed out your source is fake Yet you want me to believe yours...your history that is filled with myth even to the point of saying oduduwa fell from the sky grin grin grin... Now if Eko the Bini word is the original name of Lagos, and means nothing in Yoruba, then Lagos belongs to Bini simple and common sense.

Again, Lagos is a bight of Benin why not bight of awori or Yoruba?

Which sources did I share? Are you sure you even understand the topic or you are just compelled by tribalistic instincts to keep yawning dusts even in the face of evidence? I made references to the reality on ground. I asked questions about Awori dialect, culture, name of the ruling houses in Lagos island. You answered NONE. You keep regurgitating about Eko being a Benin word. Okay, since Lagos is a Portuguese word, the state belongs to Portugal, abi? The various ruling houses in Eko are Dosunmu, Adele, Ojoto, and so on. All are Yorùbá families. Which of them is bini or claim to be? Even the Oba of Lagos's indigenous royal title is Eleko of Eko. So where is all your garbage coming from? So if Eko was a Yoruba protectorate under the influence of Old Bini kingdom the same way with some Eastern Ondo kingdoms there, that nullifies Yoruba indigenous ownership? Old Oyo could as well lay clams to present Borgu (land of Nupe people in parts of Kwara and Niger) or land of the Bariba or land of the Agoyin people (Dahomey land in Benin Republic) and claim ownership since all these lands were colonies under the protection of Old Oyo. Why are you 1p0b clowns always reckless in your assertions. The funny thing is that no Bini person or even their Oba, who is a child of Oranmiyan by the way, will open mouth and lay claim to Eko because they understand the facts from fallacies. Rather, it's 1p0b cretins whose forefathers never had empires or build majestic kingdoms that go about making ridiculous and nonsensical trash!

2 Likes

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Which sources did I share? Are you sure you even understand the topic or you are just compelled by tribalistic instincts to keep yawning dusts even in the face of evidence? I made references to the reality on ground. I asked questions about Awori dialect, culture, name of the ruling houses in Lagos island. You answered NONE. You keep regurgitating about Eko being a Benin word. Okay, since Lagos is a Portuguese word, the state belongs to Portugal, abi? The various ruling houses in Eko are Dosunmu, Adele, Ojoto, and so on. All are Yorùbá families. Which of them is bini or claim to be? Even the Oba of Lagos's indigenous royal title is Eleko of Eko. So where is all your garbage coming from? So if Eko was a Yoruba protectorate under the influence of Old Bini kingdom the same way with some Eastern Ondo kingdoms there, that nullifies Yoruba indigenous ownership? Old Oyo could as well lay clams to present Borgu (land of Nupe people in parts of Kwara and Niger) or land of the Bariba or land of the Agoyin people (Dahomey land in Benin Republic) and claim ownership since all these lands were colonies under the protection of Old Oyo. Why are you 1p0b clowns always reckless in your assertions. The funny thing is that no Bini person or even their Oba, who is a child of Oranmiyan by the way, will open mouth and lay claim to Eko because they understand the facts from fallacies. Rather, it's 1p0b cretins whose forefathers never had empires or build majestic kingdoms that go about making ridiculous and nonsensical trash!
Oga listen to the words of a true indigene of Lagos
👇👇👇
Lagos is not part of Yoruba. Why can’t the Yoruba leave us alone for God’s sake?

By Chief Layi Ajayi-Bembe.Former President of the Association of Lagos State Indigenes

It is sad when people talk about Lagos being no man’s land or Lagos being part of Yoruba land

To say Lagos is part of Yoruba land is not fair

Lagos belongs to us – the Bini

Who are the Awori? The Awori and the Bini are the same. Awori are partly from Dahomey and partly from Benin.

Some may argue that the original Lagosians didn’t protect their legacy, allowing every Tom, Dick and Harry to hold sway politically and economically.

It is really sad for people to proclaim Lagos as no man’s land. Lagos is so accommodating; it is only here you see an Igbo man being made a commissioner. Even the Yoruba that are shouting, how many Lagosians are in their cabinets?

All I am saying is this: Lagos is not part of Yoruba. Why can’t the Yoruba leave us alone for God’s sake?

Chief Layi Ajayi-Bembe.Former President of the Association of Lagos State Indigenes

Punch Newspapers https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0349pmGtsUkcEbxY3QaEUueoVPU2fPgAjXtYCsXBCh4QUWbSVSw7V5jCYx6ZZ4Ui9vl&id=206270189411151&mibextid=Nif5oz
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

By not being proud enough to represent his or her state of origin.

Tobi Amusan claims Ogun but trains in Lagos.
So representing a state where I reside and based means I'm not being proud of my state of origin
Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by EleventhWeirdo: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2023
Renman:
Oga listen to the words of a true indigene of Lagos
👇👇👇
Lagos is not part of Yoruba. Why can’t the Yoruba leave us alone for God’s sake?

By Chief Layi Ajayi-Bembe.Former President of the Association of Lagos State Indigenes

It is sad when people talk about Lagos being no man’s land or Lagos being part of Yoruba land

To say Lagos is part of Yoruba land is not fair

Lagos belongs to us – the Bini

Who are the Awori? The Awori and the Bini are the same. Awori are partly from Dahomey and partly from Benin.

Some may argue that the original Lagosians didn’t protect their legacy, allowing every Tom, Dick and Harry to hold sway politically and economically.

It is really sad for people to proclaim Lagos as no man’s land. Lagos is so accommodating; it is only here you see an Igbo man being made a commissioner. Even the Yoruba that are shouting, how many Lagosians are in their cabinets?

All I am saying is this: Lagos is not part of Yoruba. Why can’t the Yoruba leave us alone for God’s sake?

Chief Layi Ajayi-Bembe.Former President of the Association of Lagos State Indigenes

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0349pmGtsUkcEbxY3QaEUueoVPU2fPgAjXtYCsXBCh4QUWbSVSw7V5jCYx6ZZ4Ui9vl&id=206270189411151&mibextid=Nif5oz

Did you even read the rebuttal at all? Instead you readily cut and past the words of some lunati¢ who feels left out of the dining table. Answer the questions I raised in my reply. Provide answers to questions about Awori. Then I would believe that your are sensible, ready for a logical argument and not here to chase clout. Even the name of the f000l you referenced is yoruba lol

2 Likes

Re: National Youth Games: Lagos Scoops Seven Medals In Swimming by Renman: 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Did you even read the rebuttal at all? Instead you readily cut and past the words of some lunati¢ who feels left out of the dining table. Answer the questions I raised in my reply. Provide answers to questions about Awori. Then I would believe that your are sensible, ready for a logical argument and not here to chase clout. Even the name of the f000l you referenced is yoruba lol
So the person that is speaking who is the present of Lagos indigenes and even old enough to be your grand father doesn't know what he's saying,..baa

Answering an English name now means I'm an English man,..baa

Continue wallowing in myth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Register Football A Club/Academy With Lagos State Football Association / Sunshine Stars FC Fans Discussion Thread / Can Nigeria Raise A Team Like Barcelona Or Chelsea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.