Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles (20291 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Car Tints / Electric Vehicles: Top 10 Best Sellers In 2018 / Daimler To Buy ₦8.3 trillion Worth Of Batteries To Power Its Electric Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles by Allisgud: 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2023
If I buy one I will be using it for commercial and for myself also,the money I get I will use it to mentain the car,fuel my generator at home and pay my light bill and I will still charge my car from it,isn't that wise decision

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles by funkemary(f): 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
Are there electric car owners in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles by uuzba(m): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
funkemary:
I can't say.
But I was walking along the road in Ikoyi and a white Tesla passed by.
I was quite surprised.
That's the only one I've seen here.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles by RichAbujaGuy: 12:16am On Sep 27, 2023
The Tesla Cybertruck’s Actual Bed Looks Even Less Usable Than the Concept’s
The Cybertruck’s bed seems to have undergone some design compromises on the path to production.

JAMES GILBOY

PUBLISHED SEP 26, 2023

https://www.thedrive.com/news/the-tesla-cybertrucks-actual-bed-looks-even-less-usable-than-the-concepts

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles by 4KNGOATS(m): 4:47am On Sep 27, 2023
[ that, let’s take a look at some of them:

1. No fuel required

whereas many electric cars run on lesser amounts when all costs are factored in as electricity is largely less expensive

https://autohub.ng/blog/pros-and-cons-of-electric-vehicles/[/quote]

Solar cars should be the Nigerias priority. electricity cars won't operate on corruptions brought about by useless bastardzzz leaders in the country

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles by shox(m): 6:09am On Sep 27, 2023
That ev is 3 times more efficient and faster is a big lie.

Whether you use ev or normal car. You’re still leaving carbon footprint.

Most electricity power plants use hydrocarbon

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles by Obierika(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2023
hoyze24:

Would you mind mentioning the problems?

For one you always have to try to be within the range of a charging point when driving an EV

You can't drive the car through a flooded street

The batteries become weak after a few years just like other rechargeable batteries and have to be changed.

Changing the battery is a labourious process cos it's located on the floor of the car.

The cost of replacing the batteries is almost the same thing it will cost you to buy some brand new internal combustion engine cars

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles by Obierika(m): 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
funkemary:

There are but they're very few. One of them ran out of battery power on Third Mainland Bridge a while back

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rolls Royce : 15 Eye Opening Facts You Should Know / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / World’s Most Expensive Car Owned By Saudi Prince (amir) Al Waleed Bin Talal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.