Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! (1996 Views)

Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? / Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by folarin22(m): 11:41pm On Oct 19, 2011
Yeah, most of the problems are being caused by religion.

I mean, the fight for religion and so on.

I believe the world would be at peace if religion never existed.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Joagbaje(m): 8:22am On Oct 20, 2011
Yes , religion is a problem. Embracing the life in christ is solution.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Jenwitemi(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2011
Life in christ = Christianity = Religion = Problem. wink
Joagbaje:

Yes , religion is a problem. Embracing the life in christ is solution.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by God2man(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
Another big lie from the pit of hell. Yes, for other religion, but for christianity which is not a religion anyway, it is a big lie. Think of it. What do you think would have happened to millions of christian going to the church today? If there were no places to go. Everybody stays at home. The economy is bad. Nigeria is hard. Nowhere to go or let us go to the street and protest, they should not remove the oil subsidy, they should increase the salary. People take solace in God, by attending church where problems that the Government could not solve, like barreness, infirmity, diseases, poverty,joblessness are been taking care of by annointed men of God. That way, there is less tension in the society, people give testimony of what God has done. They are happy. So, how is christianity creating problem in the world. Are they bombing everywhere,killing people? NO. So, let us be objective in our judgement. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by benodic: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2011
Religion + a closed heart + a closed mind = religious fanaticism = problem
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 21, 2011
Yeah right, Religion is the problem !!

In which case you might want to explain how communism managed to outdo religion in the killing of over 200 million people , not over 1000 years but over 100 years, just 1 century.

This is just for starters.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 22, 2011
Its not strictly religion. Its more the control of resources. But religion was used as a justification tool. God gave "them" d message. N Blacks were a lower form of life. So they justified slavery. Same with taking Arab land to create Israel. So they could fulfill a blibical prophecy. See its funny how their God needs their help to do the things they want.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2011
madam do u have problems with God?
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2011
Not particularly. Just people using God to push their agenda.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 22, 2011
ATLgal:

You are all over the place, making random statements without any evidential backing.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 22, 2011
ok what kinda idea do u have about God?
ATLgal:

Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by obowunmi(m): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2011
Religion is NOT a problem. People's deluded interpretation that's the problem.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2011
Frosble
Pick up any history book on slavery. There's my evidence. The race gallery is a good start. It is a fact the bible was used to justify slavery. Blacks during slavery weren't allowed to practice Christianity. It was said blacks have no soul and could not go to heaven
Toba,
When I find him i'll let u know.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2011
Also Frosble
Google is ur friend concerning the formation of modern day Israel
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2011
^

Yep , done that and got a t-shirt .

Just FYI , I am no supporter of Zionist Israel .
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2011
Wow. finally we agree on something. For different reasons obviously. But still. smiley
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2011
You will be surprised on how much we agree , problem is you guys take articles out of context and slander the poster grin
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2011
Toba, When I find him i'll let u know.

ATLgal. have u searched for him and havent found him? or u are just about to start finding him?

BTw since u chose to refer to God as a him, this tells me u have an idea about God. not so?
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2011
Isn't that the default consensus? Him. As God is an extension of man. Well the Yoruba gods came looking for humanity. Let's see how it goes. But I suspect u want me to seek ur concept of God.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2011
u cant categorically say which kind of God i want u to seek. Im responding based on your responses. for u to call God a him means u accept the general calling God a him. All u need do now is to search more since u agree hes a him

FYI its an erroneous thinking that God is an extension of man
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2011
Ok.since obviously me believing he's a him falls in line with ur agenda. Let's go with that. U claim u don't want me to believe what u believe yet u don't accept my him explanation. More often than not d concept of God is masculine. While I can't understand why God has a gender I don't care either ways. Men on the other hand would be loath to worship a female God. (yes, there are exceptions) the concept of God is an extension. I'm afraid of death so I create heaven or reincarnation. I need to dominate women so God is male. So on n on.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2011
No ma. u are still wrong. for something u dont believe in, how then do u accept man's description of that thing. U just said u careless about the gender. this has categorically placed u in a biased position coupled with your affirmative declaration that God is an extension. I would like to hear from u on how God is an extension. On the alternative, have u done a critical search about any of the different kinds of God and found any to be an extension? just because u ve chosen not to believe in the existence of any, does that make your total foreclosure of the existence of God right?

Also we have literatures that suggests to us the masculine features of a God and not any kind of inner mind invention. u may be wrong to say that cos of pride, men gave God the male feature
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Yagba: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2011
Humans, rather than religion, are the source of the world's problems. Christianity as a religion is founded on the principle-Love your neigbhour as you love yourself. If therefore humans could not practice what was rightly conceived, they stand blamable. Those virtues that Christ sought to make permanently active in the minds of all humans remain the key to attaining world peace, if everyone would adopt them.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2011
Toba
U say u have evidence in literature. Who wrote the literature? Where did ur acceptance of God come? Did u hear from God or where u told by other people and given a book written by men? Today yorubas use olorun and esu as concepts of God and the devil. Yet these existed long before christianity came. There was no concept of the christian God so an existing was used as a stand in and to facilitate acceptance. Every religious person I know considers his God a he. I go along with it as it makes no difference to me the gender of ur God. If a yoruba person worships olorun I do not argue and go along with it. The cele church actually has it right by having the lucifer be asatani instead of esu like other yorubas. The story of moremi mirrors a biblical story yet predates christianity n yorubaland.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2011
i have confirmed whats written in the literature myself. Do u know that God is a spirit and not a physical being like u and i?
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2011
how have u confirmed it? Have u ever read the bible in its original untranslated form? Do u know the bible u read today has books missing? D church over the years decided which parts to include? Was Jesus whom u consider God also a spirit? God is a spirit and so is the holy Ghost as well? I'm interested in understanding ur confirmation process to see if I can gain the same.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2011
ATLgal:

how have u confirmed it?
yes i have
Have u ever read the bible in its original untranslated form?
No i havent
Do u know the bible u read today has books missing? D church over the years decided which parts to include?
so? does it make the bible false in its entirety?
Was Jesus whom u consider God also a spirit? God is a spirit and so is the holy Ghost as well?
u need to understand the concept of the holy trinity. theres Jesus, God almighty and the holy spirit. read 1corin 15. this will help u
I'm interested in understanding your confirmation process to see if I can gain the same.
total sumission and absolute humility will help u achieve this. disregard ur knowledge of i know he doesnt exist and seek God in total submission
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2011
Tobi
I admire ur candor. Its great that u believe. However some of us need just a little more than that. smiley
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2011
i wouldnt mind knowing more about u and see if i can help u(if possible) find ur way out of dis belief. pity i missed ur mail the other day u posted it here wink
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Revolva(m): 12:07am On Oct 23, 2011
INDEED Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem!

People have been brainwahsed and they are now follow follow, with no sense of reasoning, of life,
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 23, 2011
Toba,
Atlgal@rocketmail.
Cheers.
Re: Religion Is A Mistake~ The Source Of World's Problem! by 9janinja1(f): 2:23am On Oct 23, 2011
religion is not the problem, the people are. guns dont kill people, people kill people. if there wasnt religion people would be fighting over something else like maybe race, tribe, and other stupid stuff.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Methods of How Pastors Milk the Sheeple and Get Rich / Strangest Creature Found On Earth / Yet Another Christian Leader Has Allegations Of Adultery Amidst Marital Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.