Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) (5283 Views)

Magaret Obi Takes LP Campaign To Her Hometown In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Peter Obi’s Supporters Hold Rally In Onitsha, Anambra State (pic, Video) / Senator Elisha Abbo Slaps A Man In His Hometown In Mubi Adamawa (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2023
Your contribution to progress of the community is what we consider, not tribe. He has been begged severally to contest for governor but he is not interested in politics

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Alchemy528: 7:50am On Sep 27, 2023
Is he waiting for me to come and do it for him

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Kumid: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2023
That's the Nigerian Dream

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 7:52am On Sep 27, 2023
For those who know this particular community, this man has constructed all inner streets with street lights. People are now moving towards that side from Nsukka Town

18 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 7:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Alchemy528:
Is he waiting for me to come and do it for him
He is a yorubaman but has "nationalized" in Enugu state. That's the point

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MrsTwrite(f): 7:56am On Sep 27, 2023
Let love lead. Not tribalism.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by SmartPolician: 8:00am On Sep 27, 2023
Nobody should take whatever people share on social media seriously. Social media is the hub of FAKE NEWS!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by 1Alex: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2023
SmartPolician:
Nobody should take whatever people share on social media seriously. Social media is the hub of FAKE NEWS!
why not investigate and tell us what to believe. I am interested honestly.

6 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Dest8sman: 8:17am On Sep 27, 2023
Ibagwa Aka was an ancient cosmopolitan town before Nigeria's independence in 1960 because the town was a gateway to Idah seaport or riverport which was very active during the colonial time. Because of this many Yorubas and Hausas settled there and never left till date. If they built a stadium, I don't know, but what I marvel at is the report that the said philanthropist has tarred all the inner streets. The truth is that Ibagwa does not have up to two inner streets.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by crestedaguiyi: 8:31am On Sep 27, 2023
Ifeanyi ugwuanyi paid for this stadium, stop the lies
Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Makunahatata: 8:48am On Sep 27, 2023
MXrep:
Your contribution to progress of the community is what we consider, not tribe. He has been begged severally to contest for governor but he is not interested in politics
smart man... He no bother to stress himself go where way no dey
Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by demmie1: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2023
Abomination! Outsiders can't develop the land of developers. it's impossible
Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Abuventure: 9:42am On Sep 27, 2023
SmartPolician:
it's not fake that's my local government he is a Yoruba man born and raised here

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2023
Dest8sman:
Ibagwa Aka was an ancient cosmopolitan town before Nigeria's independence in 1960 because the town was a gateway to Idah seaport or riverport which was very active during the colonial time. Because of this many Yorubas and Hausas settled there and never left till date. If they built a stadium, I don't know, but what I marvel at is the report that the said philanthropist has tarred all the inner streets. The truth is that Ibagwa does not have up to two inner streets.
You are living in the past Sha. You are right though about the town being cosmopolitan before Independence. However, the town declined after the war when Nnewi people left. Housas and yorubas remained but can't be compared with Anambra business people that left. The town now have many interconnecting streets and looking very semi urban

5 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2023
SmartPolician:
Na my area. Road construction to Kogi boarder is on going by the same man. I passed there last week

5 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2023
Dest8sman:
Another factor that led to decline of ibagwa and Obollo Afor after indepedence was establishment of UNN. Nsukka Town took their shine from then

7 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by buchiuzor: 10:09am On Sep 27, 2023
Dest8sman:

This your write-up is a bit funny. You called it a cosmopolitan City before independence yet you now say it doesn't have more than two streets. Please if I may ask in your view what defines a street because I think even a village has more than five streets. I await your kind response

A man has done something good and he deserves accolades. The stadium is built, streets are being tarred and other things that may not have been mentioned. He is not under any moral obligation to do it but he still doing it. Sir please if the money is still plenty please remember my own village thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by christejames(m): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2023
The guy is really trying...

He is the CEO of JRB Solar, the whole of Nsukka and IgboEze South LGA are feeling his impact, even my viallge felt it with his solar street lights across the major road and currently constructing roads in my place which is almost completed.

God bless him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by christejames(m): 10:17am On Sep 27, 2023
SmartPolician:

That's not fake news...

I heard his Mum is from Ibagwa-Aka and his family all grew up there, from about 3 generations now. He sees himself more of an Igbo man.

Even though some are alledging he has ulterior motive but Ndi-Igbo as he knows are wiser.

7 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Akaegwu(m): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2023
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by christejames(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2023
buchiuzor:

This your write-up is a bit funny. You called it a cosmopolitan City before independence yet you now say it doesn't have more than two streets. Please if I may ask in your view what defines a street because I think even a village has more than five streets. I await your kind response

A man has done something good and he deserves accolades. The stadium is built, streets are being tarred and other things that may not have been mentioned. He is not under any moral obligation to do it but he still doing it. Sir please if the money is still plenty please remember my own village thanks

Well, he is somewhat right because urban areas are defined by people and not by infrastructure according to United Nations.

If he said, so many foreigners and strangers from different part of the country or world were trading there before the colonialism there it could be termed 'Cosmopolitan' undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Chimarto: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2023
Yoruba people cannot even help themselves talk more of building infrastructures individually for the community and this is what that's common in the east, don't blame them when they're opposing it because they are not use to it.

2 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MTNnews: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2023
I chose not to believe this Ipob / Obidient propaganda till I see the man claim this on live video himself.

MXrep:
Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by tunjijones(m): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2023
christejames:
The guy is really trying...

He is the CEO of JRB Solar, the whole of Nsukka and IgboEze South LGA are feeling his impact, even my viallge felt it with his solar street lights across the major road and currently constructing roads in my place which is almost completed.

God bless him.

If he comes out to become a senator wld you people vote for him?
Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Adaisback(f): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2023
Thats the Igbo spirit. He is now a son of the soil. That's how we igbos roll. They said we are developers so he is doing well as a developer. God bless him

2 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Gboom: 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2023
christejames:

That's not fake news...

I heard his Mum is from Ibagwa-Aka and his family all grew up there, from about 3 generations now. He sees himself more of an Igbo man.

Even though some are alledging he has ulterior motive but Ndi-Igbo as he knows are wiser.
Why are you people like this?
If other tribes have this kind of mindset, they won't allow your people to win any election outside your territory even they were born in that territory.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by Corn247: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lie lie, do not fall for their mumu trap..They themselves are not even staying in their region not to talk of outsiders .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by mycar: 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
We all deserve joyous life. Nobody lives forever

2 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by BabaRamota1980: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
MXrep:

Yoruba is the solution to your deficits in alaibo. Elect Gbadebo Rhodes Vivor to govern Anambra and watch Anambra transform to another Lagos.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2023
christejames:

That's not fake news...

Yes, his ulterior motive is to spread Islam. Saudi Arabia gives him huge money. The condition to attract his project in your community is to allow him build a mosque. But like you said, Igbos are wise. Any nonsense, the mosque will be destroyed. Did herdsmen not flee Ibagwa bushes after them change am for them?

5 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

Yoruba is the solution to your deficits in alaibo. Elect Gbadebo Rhodes Vivor to govern Anambra and watch Anambra transform to another Lagos.
Lagos is a shit hole

6 Likes

Re: This Yorubaman Is Transforming His "Hometown" In Enugu State (pic) by MXrep: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
Gboom:

Why are you people like this?
If other tribes have this kind of mindset, they won't allow your people to win any election outside your territory even they were born in that territory.
Wetin this olodo dey talk? You think say Enugu na Ilorin?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Repairs On Third Mainland Bridge Postponed Indefinitely. / Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha / PDP Accuses ACN Of Destroying South-west Public Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.