Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,275 members, 7,853,336 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:48 PM

Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos (1834 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery To Begin Operation Before December 2024– Senate Committee / New Videos Emerge Of Tinubu's Shaky Hands At A Rally / Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by lexylaw40: 10:28am On Sep 27, 2023
legit.ngSep 26, 2023 12:55 PM

Videos of the electric Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) buses plying some roads in Lagos state have emerged
The electric BRT buses were spotted plying the Abule-Egba to Oshodi route in a viral video on social media
Jubril Gawat, the Senior Special Assistant on New Media to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, said the electric buses have been working for several months.
Lagos state - The electric Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) buses have begun operation in some parts of Lagos state.

In a video shared on social media, the electric BRT buses were seen plying the Abule-Egba to Oshodi route.

Electric BRT buses begin operation in Lagos
Electric BRT buses begin operation in Lagos Photo Credit: @ONsogbu Source: Twitter
Electric BRT buses have been working for months
Reacting to the commencement of the electric BRT bus operation, Jubril Gawat, the Senior Special Assistant on New Media to Governor Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu, said the electric buses have been working for several months with ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tgGev8We9o?si=9toIxHBiAFdtZQ2I

PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through info@corp.legit.ng!

In a tweet shared on Tuesday, September 26, Gawat @Mr_JAGs, wrote:

“I remember when I did a full thread on this Electric Bus stuff, So many people badmouthed it and said it will “stop on 3rd mainland”. We thank God that it has been working for several months with ease and we are getting good numbers on the research being conducted in comparison with the regular BRT Buses. Infact, people prefer to enter it more than the regular ones”

A Twitter user, @tfk_gawat, who shared a video of the buses moving on Lagos road, wrote:

“The Buses Are Everywhere... ELECTRIC BRT BUSES ⚡⚡
“Lagos no be anywhere else.
“Lagos is Lagos”

Another Twitter user, @iamgbolahan, said the electric buses are the new phase of BRT in the commercial capital city of Nigeria.

“Everywhere for Lagos.... The Electric Buses are the new phase of BRT in lagos.”

While @lagospedia said that the 100% powered electric buses are everywhere.

“Every where you go.”

Sanwo-Olu releases photos of first batch of electric buses
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has revealed the first set of electric buses in the state's public transport system. In a social media post on Sunday, April 30, 2023, Sanwo-Olu stated that the electric buses would reduce carbon emissions and increase efficiency.

He also urged Lagosians to reject fuel scarcity.

Oando MD speaks on electric buses, routes along Lagos roads

Oando Clean Energy Limited, an arm of Oando Plc owned by Wale Tinubu, said its newly acquired electric buses could run about 280km on full battery charge on Lagos roads.

In April this year, the company delivered an undisclosed number of electric vehicles from Yuntong Bus, a Chinese car manufacturing company.

Source: Legit.ng

2 Likes

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by Chibuzoripob: 10:30am On Sep 27, 2023
cool
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:32am On Sep 27, 2023
grin

I have been seeing a people of a particular region in Nigeria representing Lagos State at the Sports festival and winning medals and it baffles me. I'm wondering if it's inferiority complex that made them abandon their state of Origin or it's just their love for Lagos.

Well who would not want to associate themselves with Lagos. See this Electric powered BRT. grin

6 Likes

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by money121(m): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2023
Welldone
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by VawulentMan: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2023
Kidnapping automated
Quick orders and instantaneous delivery

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by lexylaw40: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2023
More of this nation wide

1 Like

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by GoodLife4live: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2023
Something thiefobi couldn't do for his wasted 8 years as a governor of anambra state.

Thank GOD WE DODGED THE BOMB... That calamity that before anambranians into refuges in Lagos we never happen to us...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by kettykin: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2023
Thank God, the poor masses can get a relief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by VaselineCrew: 11:26am On Sep 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

I have been seeing a people of a particular region in Nigeria representing Lagos State at the Sports festival and winning medals and it baffles me. I'm wondering if it's inferiority complex that made them abandon their state of Origin or it's just their love for Lagos.

Well who would not want to associate themselves with Lagos. See this Electric powered BRT. grin

It's not inferiority complex bro

It's more like illiteracy and low IQ on your part, because you don't seem to understand what a country means.

They thought things like that in primary school, but I can refresh your memory.

In a country, the citizens are free to live whereever they want.

I know it sounds confusing to you, but one day, after lots and lots of hard work, you will get it.

2 Likes

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by VaselineCrew: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2023
Meanwhile Kudos for this new development and more kudos if it can be sustained.

We should always be looking into alternative fuel sources like electricity, ethanol, hydrogen...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by Corn247: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2023
VaselineCrew:

It's more like illiteracy and low IQ on your part, because you don't seem to understand what a country means.

I know it sounds confusing to you, but one day, after lots and lots of hard work, you will get it.

Lol exercise in futility.
Did you know Igbos use to have about x2 of Yoruba population in 1960's. But now there are more Yorubas than igbos.. infact more than 40 million people now speak Yoruba in Nigeria while just a Little above 20 million speak igbos.
That means you will all be yoruabanized in the nearest Future and there will be nothing like Igbo.
No matter how you try, no where in Yoruba can be igboland...it is not possible again, all those kids you see schooling in SW will marry Yoruba men and the cycles continues..

1 Like

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by yarimo(m): 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2023
grin

3 Likes

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by opamoses1: 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
Nice one from the SW region.
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by jmoore(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You that have yeye complex, why did you not win any medal?

Fact: You are actually pained.

More fact: Lagos is cosmopolitan. Expect more non-indigenes to be successful in Lagos.

Reminds me of one clown that was telling PSquare that Lagos made them. Why can't the same Lagos make you? Abi, you are allergic to be successful too?
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by clearcrystal: 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
VaselineCrew:

Oga go to your village and develop your state.
In the next 10yrs,Nigeria will divide and you and your tribes men will regret investing heavily in other region.

4 Likes

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
jmoore:

More fact: Lagos is cosmopolitan. Expect more non-indigenes to be successful in Lagos.

Reminds me of one clown that was telling PSquare that Lagos made them. Why can't the same Lagos make you? Abi, you are allergic to be successful too?

Like the fradulent Mmesoma grin. Lol ....all the way from Anambra all of her choices for tertiary institutions are all LAGOS. grin

3 Likes

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by jmoore(m): 12:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Like the fradulent Mmesoma grin. Lol ....all the way from Anambra all of her choices for tertiary institutions are all LAGOS. grin

You can't stop it. More non-indigenes will keep coming to Lagos. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it but to CRY and CRY as you are CRYING now.
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by NotMagicBishop: 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
Bitter leaf chewers association of Nigeria will not like this.

1 Like

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by NotMagicBishop: 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
jmoore:

You can't stop it. More non-indigenes will keep coming to Lagos. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it but to CRY and CRY as you are CRYING now.

Why so shameless ?

1 Like

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by NotMagicBishop: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
jmoore:

Lagos Ibo

Is that what you are now shamelessly claiming ?

Chai!

1 Like

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
jmoore:

More will come and slave for Lagos State. grin

4 Likes

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by ideynl1: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2023
NotMagicBishop:
Bitter leaf chewers association of Nigeria will not like this.

Mentally unstable man. As usual since this early morning you have been running round nairaland stark naked with your madness, after inhaling your hard drugs.

Continue.
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by NotMagicBishop: 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2023
Sooner or later some refugees will begin to demand that they become recognised as part of Lagos Indigenes .

Get ready for the latest "I am Lagos Ibo by tribe" nonesense.

These people will never ever return back to their yeast unless in a coffin.

Sad and pathetic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by jmoore(m): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

More will come and slave for Lagos State. grin
The youth that is giving you migraine won gold while you are winning agbado. Who is the real slave? The corn servants are the slaves.
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by NotMagicBishop: 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2023
ideynl1:

Mentally unstable man. As usual since this early morning you have been running round nairaland stark naked with your madness, after inhaling your hard drugs.

Continue.

E pain you ?

Then good.

1 Like

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by NotMagicBishop: 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
jmoore:

The youth that is giving you migraine won gold while you are winning agbado.
Who is the real slave? The corn servants are the slaves.

Developer why is this latest development paining you ?

1 Like

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by jmoore(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
NotMagicBishop:

Lagos Ibo

Is that what you are now shamelessly claiming ?

Chai!
Iragbiji don open mouth!!!
Close that latrine!!
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by jmoore(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2023
NotMagicBishop:

Developer why is this latest development paining you ?

Who lied to you that you are a development? You being a nuisance is an understatement. Go visit a psychiatric hospital for cure.
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2023
jmoore:

The youth that is giving you migraine won gold while you are winning agbado.
Who is the real slave? The corn servants are the slaves.

Why are you pain. Let our slaves do the job. grin. Is it not stup!ty to abandon your own home and go develop someone else's. You think if Nigeria breaks today Lagos will be made the Capital of Biafra? grin

More and more Igbos are becoming Yorubanized on a daily basis.
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by opamoses1: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
clearcrystal:

Oga go to your village and develop your state.
In the next 10yrs,Nigeria will divide and you and your tribes men will regret investing heavily in other region.

All they will have left is their erosion ravaged lands if they are not careful.

We keep telling them but they won't listen. SW has Lagos, SS has Port Harcourt, North has Kano. They have Onitcha that erosion has destroyed.

Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by NotMagicBishop: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
jmoore:

Who lied to you that you are a development? You being a nuisance is an understatement. Go visit a psychiatric hospital for cure.

Lolz.

Why can't you just ignore any topic about development in Lagos ?

Why must you showcase the bitter leaf in you.

Jealousy dey kill.
Re: Videos Emerge As Electric BRT Buses Begin Operation In Lagos by jmoore(m): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Why are you pain. Let our slaves do the job. grin. Is it not stup!ty to abandon your own home and go develop someone else's. You think if Nigeria breaks today Lagos will be made the Capital of Biafra? grin

It's FOOLISHNESS to act stupid because a Nigerian chose to live anywhere in Nigeria.

More energy to your stupidity. That's your forte.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBC NEWS REPORT ON WHY BUHARI WOULD LOSE / Wikileaks Cable: Obasanjo’s Unfair Advantage To Dangote. . . / Police Arrest Serial Rapist In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.