Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,740 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota (36490 Views)

Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of GbΓ‘gΓΉrΓ‘ (Photo) / Obasanjo Prostrates For Oba Saburee Babajide Bakre (Photo) / Dino Melaye Prostrates For Oyedepo, Pictured With Osinbajo, GEJ At Dunamis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Rossikk(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
BentizilL0:
Eye service so the Yoruba people can forgive him... grin

Real eye service. But it doesn't matter.

He's showed humility in the face of his transgressions.
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by greggng: 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
All those that come criticised obj were naive . I have witnessed where he showed respect to oni of ife many times . He is a man of protocol..let's not digress from the reason he did what he did. I agree with him Sanusi was removed by a sitting governor . So many governors had in the past withdrew staff of office of the traditional leaders within there domain. Obj reminding us how powerful our governors are is constitutional.

1 Like

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Besuccesful: 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
This is pure eye service. He should apologize to those kings he humiliated.
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Rossikk(m): 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
Betanaija42moro:

What are you talking? OBJ has been prostrating before Kings even when he was the president.

He just wanted to teach them. No body is above learning. I don't understand why the media and some people are blowing the thing out of proportion.

Teach them what?

You dey crase.

Go and teach your father.

Indomie generation ode.
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Rossikk(m): 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2023
greggng:
All those that come criticised obj were naive . I have witnessed where he showed respect to oni of ife many times . He is a man of protocol..let's not digress from the reason he did what he did. I agree with him Sanusi was removed by a sitting governor . So many governors had in the past withdrew staff of office of the traditional leaders within there domain. Obj reminding us how powerful our governors are is constitutional.

SO BECAUSE BRITISH INVADERS WITH GUNS AND BOMBS MADE THEM ''POWERFUL'', YOU START TREATING OUR KINGS AND ELDERS AS ERRAND BOYS?

ARE YOU MAD?
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by gbengaolu360: 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
Trials:
OBJ is a man of culture and protocol

And confusion
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Betanaija42moro: 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
Rossikk:

Teach them what?

You dey crase.

Go and teach your father.

Indomie generation ode.

I can only conclude from your write up, that you're from an irresponsible family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by NOwazobia: 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
He always does even before that incident

1 Like

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by NOwazobia: 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:
I thought he was better than them?

Obasanjo should stop hanging out with wayward children of the yeast.
Is he not better than them?

1 Like

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by BentizilL0: 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
Rayban25:

You that has good character why do you lie and deny the fact that you use your freestuffs account to scam

Ehn bosskesh grin

cc: kukutente23 i did what you asked oo
cc: princeoflagos.

Mynd44 seun nlfpmod obinoscopy
Rule 2
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Jagabanarmy: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Fear catch am. cheesy
Probably you don't know the man called OBJ. He fears nobody

1 Like

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by NOwazobia: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
Laple0541:
Dementia is troubling this old man.
OBJ is more active than you.

He has always done this before that incident and it is even alleged to be an old video.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
BentizilL0:

Rule 2

helinues you are wasting your time quoting me. serve your deserved ban and enjoy it. quoting me wont make you feel better. shalom
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by jahsharon: 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
VinnyBaba:

OBASANJO, the Great!πŸ‘πŸ‘

The ONLY Yoruba man, IBB and the Northerners FEAR and RESPECT! 😊😊😎

Not WEAKLINGS like Soyinka or Drug Pushers like Bola Tinubu! πŸ˜’

Weaklings that used over three million of your grandparents and parents'for pepper soup and suya when you declared a senseless war
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by BentizilL0: 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2023
greggng:
What do you expect?
To disrespect ooni?
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by BentizilL0: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
Rayban25:

helinues you are wasting your time quoting me. serve your deserved ban and enjoy it. quoting me wont make you feel better. shalom
Defaming a nairaland...
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by zudozz: 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2023
Corn247:

grin

As una don help una uncle wey dey sniff cocaine to grab power, he should be ur children's role model nau. All ur children will sniff cocaine n take hard drugs like him.. Amen!
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by planetx: 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

They are prostrating/respecting the crown and not necessarily the person.

Same way the British respects the crowns. People much older than Queen Elizabeth were bending the knee/kneeling and bowing for her when she was crowned or whenever they meet her.
Post a picture of President Tinubu ever prostrating for an oba. Or is he not Yoruba man again.

1 Like

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Prenonjebose: 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
IamAsiri:

Only idiots did not understand his statement then.

Of course, he would prostate to any one of them in their palaces if he deems fit but he also expected them to stand up to dignify him at a public function. It's not as if they were asked to prostate. It's just the same as a governor kneeling down in front of a pastor for prayers in either the pastor's church or office while the same pastor is expected to rise to greet when invited to a public function that the governor is also present at for ministration.
This is one of the brightest explanations of what obtains. Obj is a seasoned man of protocol
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by planetx: 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

That's our culture and it makes us unique. Please we love it like that.
Post a picture of President Tinubu ever prostrating for a king.
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by casualobserver: 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
Morbeta11:

https://fb.watch/nk9iu-AhgR/

I feel dirty for being on the same side of Obasanjo but he never asked them to stand up and honour him. He asked them to stand up and honour the governor who walked in…..and who is their boss!!! For the umpteenth time all Nigerian kings are retained and serve at the pleasure of their respective governors. They lost their β€œKingdoms” to the British over a century ago.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by ufotunang: 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Fear catch am. cheesy
. .I not sure that is Obansanjo in that pic
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by ufotunang: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
Roboto11:
Dem don humble baba.
..how sure are you that is Obansanjo in that pic .. maybe it's a fake news
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by ofwest47(m): 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2023
Bygone is bygone, to get back to your elbows, go back to Oyo State Council of Obas to sweep down to them.
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Rossikk(m): 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2023
Betanaija42moro:

I can only conclude from your write up, that you're from an irresponsible family

And your 'responsible family' taught you that it is acceptable to shout at our traditional leaders to stand up and sit down?

Family of lost, stupid animals.

HERE IN NIGERIA, AFRICA we respect our history, culture and tradition.

OUR TRADITIONAL LEADERS WILL NOT BE INSULTED.

If you and your family cannot stand that, LEAVE OUR COUNTRY.
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Ykc2(m): 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
This people are are not normal is it today Obasanjo start prostrating to yoruba obas?this time he visited oba he need to greet the oba according to yoruba culture, if group obas met Obasanjo an event and they announced his name ex president all of them must stand up
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Timmi: 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
VinnyBaba:

VinnyBaba, at least IBB fear one Yoruba like you said but nobody fear any one from the land of the rising wailers. The one that led them to be killed like chickens during their Biafra war ran away and left them. Bunch of cowards and nonentities.
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by BabaO2: 11:37pm On Sep 27, 2023
They are neighbours, obasanjo is looking for softening after messing up of all the fake padded yorubanise identity.
Many now believe he's not a true yoruba man
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Xkale1996(m): 12:49am On Sep 28, 2023
VinnyBaba:

fear who
You mumu go read history

Obasanjo dey fear Atiku
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Larryndelaw: 2:28am On Sep 28, 2023
You when a man grows older he will.be behaving like a child. ObJ doesn't even know what he is doing nowadays. He is still.in Pain that BAT is the president and he can't control him like others
Re: Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota by Timetravel88: 2:45am On Sep 28, 2023
Treasure17:
Baba was trying to rewrite his wrong doings in a positive way.

That's an old video

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Will Not Force My Impeachment Illegally - Fayose / 'Why I Left APC' - Yakubu Dogara / Buhari Presented With A Compilation Of Throwback Photos From His Military Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.