Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,231 members, 7,811,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat (1064 Views)

Forget What Nnamdi Kanu Said, There Is No Sane Igbo Man That Will Not Vote Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:59am On Sep 28, 2023
Erisco Foods Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Too Much Sugar In Its Tomato |#IgbereTV

By Wisdom Nwedene

Erisco Foods has deleted its statement earlier released on Facebook against Chioma Egodi, a woman who was arrested for saying there is too much sugar in its tomato.

A quick check by our correspondent on Thursday morning shows that the statement has been deleted and their comments section locked.

Calls and messages sent to the official contact of the Erisco Foods hotlines and email were not replied as at the time of filing this report.

IGBERE TV had reported that the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) has said that it will issue a summon to Erisco Foods Limited over the arrest and detention of Chioma Egodi Jnr.

The Executive Vice Chairman/CEO of FCCPC, Barrister Babatunde Irukera, made this known on X (formerly Twitter) following the arrest of Egodi, who made a review of Erisco’s product.

The lady in question, Egodi Jnr, made a post on Facebook on September 17, 2023, where she said she tasted too much sugar in the tin tomato she bought, a product of Erisco Foods.

“I went to buy tin tomatoes yesterday (September 16) that I will use to make stew; I didn’t see Gino and Sonia, so I decided to buy this one,” she wrote.

“When I opened it, I decided to taste it omo! Sugar is just too much! Haaa biko let me know if you have used this Tin tomato before because this is an ike gwuru situation!”

The management of Erisco Foods Limited thereafter issued an official statement about the post Egodi made on Facebook about their product and also said they would take all necessary actions against any malicious attack on their reputation.

“The attention of Erisco Foods Limited has been drawn to a Facebook post by one Chioma Egodi Jnr on September 17, 2023, alleging that Nagtko Tomato Mix, one of the three tomato paste variants of Erisco Foods Limited, contains an unhealthy amount of sugar and therefore not fit for human consumption,” Erisco wrote.

“While this claim is untrue and unfounded in its entirety, we wish to put on record that Erisco Foods Limited, from inception Is built on the vision and mission to manufacture and promote healthy, wholly Made-in-Nigeria tomato products with the commitment to feeding not only Nigerians but also Africans with healthy foods.

“Our Initial reaction was to ignore and disregard the post which was obviously intended to mistead our esteemed customers and discredit the image of Ensco Foods Limited, as previously instigated by some elements and syndicates who are uncomfortable with our increasing market dominance as a leading indigenous manufacturer of 100% natural tomato pastes. Considering, however, that Erisco Foods Limited has built a reputation as a credible organization committed to due process and the good of humanity, we have decided to bring the said publication to the attention of relevant authorities.

“In light of the above, we wish to reiterate that Erisco Foods Limited is solely committed to the production of healthy tomato products, including other products that have the full regulatory stamp and approval of NAFDAC and Standard Organization of Nigeria.

“While we recognize the rights of our consumers to make genuine observations about our products, we want to thank our esteemed customers for their continued patronage of Erisco Foods Limited. However, having built our reputation on healthy and quality products which have earned us both local and international awards, including the National Productivity Order of Merit Award, we will take all necessary actions against any malicious attack on our reputation.”

Egodi was arrested and whisked away to Abuja by the Police Force, as confirmed by the FCCPC boss, Irukera on X (formerly Twitter) on Monday.

“This has come to our attention @fccpcnigeria & we are engaged. Saw statement & deepening learning of the circumstances right now,” he posted.

“We have a team seeking to clarify arrest/detention status of the subject; & activating regulatory process to secure explanation from @EriscoFoodsLtd.”

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1453922/erisco-foods-deletes-statement-released-woman-said-much-sugar-tomato/

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by slivertongue: 10:06am On Sep 28, 2023
tyranny. why arrest her? why not report her to enforcement agencies or sue her. She has a right so also the coy. In Nigeria coys take the public for granted.

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by austinziza(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2023
medicine after death

1 Like

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Wujio: 10:22am On Sep 28, 2023
slivertongue:
tyranny

If tyranny means axcepting people say all stuffs about you with no defence, wait till it gets to your turn
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Racoon(m): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2023
WTF! So when have a company became this tyrannical? Erico you all are mad. And what has the consumer's protection council done about this assult and abuse of powers? This 21st century world for goodness sake.

Your handling of this issue simply shows you're not in anyway different from the oppressive, suppressive and retrogressive leaders in Nigeria today-always intolerant of the solemn truth because of ego. Infact it is an utterly bad PR for your company.

5 Likes

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by GeneralPula: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2023
My question is Shey them dey put Sugar for inside Tin tomato nih?

Me no Dey even chop ham tho..
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Racoon(m): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:
If tyranny means axcepting people say all stuffs about you with no defence, wait till it gets to your turn
"No evil deed will go unpunished.Any evil done by man to man will be redressed.If not now then later. If not by man then by God. For the victory of evil over good can only be temporary" - Late Dele Giwa.

-"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." -Desmond Tutu.

"....Those who gave up their liberty for their safety doesnt deserves neither their liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Jorussia(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2023
I learnt this morning that she has been released. Her release was secured fccpc.That man babatunde Irukera is doing a good job.
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Jorussia(m): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

did u even read what u just posted?is erisco foods now above criticism?

5 Likes

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by GanagiBitrus: 10:31am On Sep 28, 2023
But why arrest?
If I taste Coke & say it's too sugary, did I commit a crime?
It is just my entitled opinion, subject to my taste buds.

3 Likes

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Wujio: 10:37am On Sep 28, 2023
Jorussia:
did u even read what u just posted?is erisco foods now above criticism?

Go and understand the difference between criticism and defamation. Smh, Gen Z and the generation after. Badly trained people formed out of poor delapidated educational system

If its a review, show us the PROs of using the product as against the CON she heavily spoke about
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by ambu2: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2023
slivertongue:
tyranny. why arrest her? why not report her to enforcement agencies or sue her. She has a right so also the coy. In Nigeria coys take the public for granted.

You slivertongue are so ignorant that I doubt if you have have entered a formal school?
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Jorussia(m): 10:44am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

Go and understand the difference between criticism and defamation. Smh, Gen Z and the generation after. Badly trained people formed out of poor delapidated educational system

If its a review, show us the PROs of using the product as against the CON she heavily spoke about
I suspect u are one of the top management staff of erisco foods.As i stated earlier,its within the said person constitutional right to point out any short coming the said tomato paste/mix.she did not break any law,and erisco foods was wrong to use the instrumentality of the state to intimidate her person.

3 Likes

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by BossGerald: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

Just shut up

Go to jumia and see people's review about different products, how many of them have been arrested??

Before I download any App on playstore I usually read reviews and decide whether to opt out...reviews are very vital for business growth.

4 Likes

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Wujio: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2023
Jorussia:
I suspect u are one of the top management staff of erisco foods.As i stated earlier,its within the said person constitutional right to point out any short coming the said tomato paste/mix.she did not break any law,and erisco foods was wrong to use the instrumentality of the state to intimidate her person.

Thats why in years ahead, more Gen Zites will be arrested and jailed like that gal Eniola arrested. You all feel liberty implies saying whatever pleases you without caution. Thats the psyche of Gen Z, " Lack of control "

The whole world may permit you to run unrestrained, not me. Im your teacher. All of yous cain is in my hand. Ill beat you all to pulp to learn moderation
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Ikaeniyan0: 10:47am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

If the likes of Glo start picking up people that make a negative review about their network eh
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Wujio: 10:48am On Sep 28, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
If the likes of Glo start picking up people that make a negative review about their network eh

Negative rieview is expected in life. Moderation is needful in life. If only they knew the number of people who die untimely from speaking to people anyhow. We must give only what wr can receive
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Ikaeniyan0: 10:51am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

Negative rieview is expected in life. Moderation is needful in life. If only they knew the number of people who die untimely from speaking to people anyhow. We must give only what wr can receive
Well, let's see if EriscoFoodsLtd will sue her to court for defamation.
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by NOwazobia: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2023
Stupid company...

They actually opened my eyes to the tyranny that lies in many Nigerians from the support they received for arresting a customer whose only crime was to drop and seek reviews based on her personal experience. 🤦🏽‍♂️

We attack government at the slightest without prove or verification, but make case for an organisation for arresting its customer for a reviews that companies pay the public for.

We deserve our type of country Las las... 🚶

1 Like

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Wujio: 10:54am On Sep 28, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Well, let's see if EriscoFoodsLtd will sue her to court for defamation.

It is..Erisci wont because they want to avoid dirt at all costs. Notice Erisco Tomatoes has been suffering lots of setbacks since its inception. Last thing it needs is such filt now its beginning to understand the Tomato paste ecosystem. Theyll settle out of court to avpid FCCPC Compliance wahala and give her 2M to avoid such next time

This is how we big men pocket the Judiciary and INEC in our CORNthree grin

1 Like

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Godfullsam(m): 11:02am On Sep 28, 2023
So, people can not express what they feel about the goods they purchase again?

This country sef.

Erisco food just dey display victim mentality.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by LadyRosa(f): 11:08am On Sep 28, 2023
Definitely will not buy this product. Bookmarked it.
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Ikaeniyan0: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

It is..Erisci wont because they want to avoid dirt at all costs. Notice Erisco Tomatoes has been suffering lots of setbacks since its inception. Last thing it needs is such filt now its beginning to understand the Tomato paste ecosystem. Theyll settle out of court to avpid FCCPC Compliance wahala and give her 2M to avoid such next time

I've never heard of Erisco tomatoes before if not for the lady that talked about their product. So I don't know if they have been suffering setbacks or not.

Well, tomato paste importers should also drag Erisco for defamation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/how-tomato-paste-importers-are-killing-nigerians-erisco-foods/amp/

Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by jmoore(m): 11:25am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

If someone gives your product a bad review, the reasonale thing is to arrest and detain the person?

Who builds business with tyranny?

Erisco made the bad review to go viral when they arrested her. That's hundreds of thousands of own goal.
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by Wujio: 11:28am On Sep 28, 2023
jmoore:

If someone gives your product a bad review, the reasonale thing is to arrest and detain the person?

Who builds business with tyranny?

Erisco made the bad review to go viral when they arrested her. That's hundreds of thousands of own goal.

Gen Z behavior. Lack of restraint
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by OlujobaSamuel: 11:30am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

The company can only sue her to court, it is just a civil case, the court will determine if she raised a false alarm and fine her for loss she made the company incur.
You can't use the state to arrest someone for saying your product is bad, courts has never treated such as a criminal case.
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by jmoore(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

Gen Z behavior. Lack of restraint
Babablu bulabu production company. With zero knowledge about customer care.
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by yesloaded: 11:32am On Sep 28, 2023
GeneralPula:
My question is Shey them dey put Sugar for inside Tin tomato nih?

Me no Dey even chop ham tho..

Yes they do

You can even grab a tin or sachet of Gino tomatoes paste and read ingredients composition, it contains sugar

Not only erisko tomatoe paste that contains sugar
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by kokoA(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

Stop supporting evil. Erisco messed up big time. How many times have indomie arrested people who claim their Noddles cause cancer?
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by lilachiever(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:

You need to be whopped or go back to the classroom.

How is that defamation? You go school so?

She gave her honest review of the product subject to her use and there were others who backed same up, so that is not defamatin in any way.
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by henidord3: 11:34am On Sep 28, 2023
This woman was paid to do that just like life beers pays truck drivers to destroy hero beers just to gain market fear human beings why would she mention other products before calling her major target. Bad blood
Re: Erisco Deletes Statement Released Against Woman Who Said There Is Sugar In Tomat by henidord3: 11:38am On Sep 28, 2023
lilachiever:

You need to be whopped or go back to the classroom.

How is that defamation? You go school so?

She gave her honest review of the product subject to her use and there were others who backed same up, so that is not defamatin in any way.
honest review while calling on other major products😏😏 naaa that's not True she went into her page to create a whole damage video then saying because she could not get so so and so products made her go for this particular product just to trash this particular product image of I where the company she will pay her ass off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: FCT Residents Invade NEMA Warehouse, Loot Foodstuffs, Others / What Do You Think Of America? / Obama, A Lonely Idealist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.