Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland (185 Views)

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? / Kogi People Beg Tinubu For Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by imoh4king(m): 11:21am On Sep 28, 2023
I have noticed for some few years now (although, the number has increased drastically in recent time) that every time people post topics on this great forum, there is always someone amongst the top 10 comments seeking for help financially.

People most times ignore them because they feel the request isn't genuine or done by some group or person with the intention to exploit people online.

So, have you as a nairalander or guest being prompted or moved to help such posters that display their account details online seeking help.
Re: Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by imoh4king(m): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2023
Maybe nairalanders dontt have money to help people.
Re: Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by adeoyekay(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2023
imoh4king:
I have noticed for some few years now (although, the number has increased drastically in recent time) that every time people post topics on this great forum, there is always someone amongst the top 10 comments seeking for help financially.

People most times ignore them because they feel the request isn't genuine or done by some group or person with the intention to exploit people online.

So, have you as a nairalander or guest being prompted or moved to help such posters that display their account details online seeking help.
some of them are genuinely in need but at times it is disgusting seeking for financial help online

Take for instance, I have not eaten since yesterday night because my salary has not been paid . This should not prompt me seeking for help here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by eepeepook: 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2023
No. Sometimes, when I give the benefit of a doubt, I come across a comment claiming another user paid money to so and so person and got blocked for asking how things went. To me, anybody who begs here is 100% a scamster looking an easy lick. I report them, but it seems the authority here is looking for engagement of any sort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by imoh4king(m): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
adeoyekay:
some of them are genuinely in need but at times it is disgusting seeking for financial help online

Take for instance, I have not eaten since yesterday night because my salary has not been paid . This should not prompt me seeking for help here

Well, you are on point.

But, I think that its more realistic and rational for you to meet someone you know (face to face) and seek for help or favour rather than asking online.

If it was a fundraising platform for e.g for a cancer patient in which certain protocols have being established even offline, then that would feel genuine and the giver would even derive some sort of psychological satisfaction that he helped a genuine help seeking person(s).

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by imoh4king(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2023
eepeepook:
No. Sometimes, when I give the benefit of a doubt, I come across a comment claiming another user paid money to so and so person and got blocked for asking how things went. To me, anybody who begs here is 100% a scamster looking an easy lick. I report them, but it seems the authority here is looking for engagement of any sort.

You can imagine the cruelness after being helped.
Re: Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by eepeepook: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
imoh4king:

You can imagine the cruelness after being helped.

That’s the point; they are not beggars. They are scammers.
Re: Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by imoh4king(m): 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2023
eepeepook:
That’s the point; they are not beggars. They are scammers.

But truly, I know there is this 1% that genuinely need assistance.

The medium is totally wrong.

You will even get luckier standing on the road to tell bypassers that you are stranded than to seek help online and expect result.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland by eepeepook: 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2023
imoh4king:

But truly, I know there is this 1% that genuinely need assistance.

The medium is totally wrong.

You will even get luckier standing on the road to tell bypassers that you are stranded than to seek help online and expect result.
We’re both saying the same thing. While you hold hope that there are good people, I long realized that wasn’t a possibility.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ann Carlson Khan: A Remarkable Figure In Healthcare And Philanthropy / Isaac Oyedepo Leaves Living Faith To Start New Ministry / How Can You Use Paypal At Walmart Online| What You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.