Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 (33908 Views)

The plantains I bought #1000 and how I prepared it. / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja / The Stuff I Bought #500 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by garriAndsugar: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2023
UptownVibes:
Lol
I like your moniker ...
🙏🏿

1 Like

Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Gee64: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2023
Food is cheap in the West.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Phred1717: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2023
That is a stolen plantain... Be careful, at this time of things. Unless you're lying
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by dragunov: 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
preekahantas:

Agbado boys are coming for you.
My hand no dey oo. grin

Why? It's even a compliment for Yorubas.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by dragunov: 7:26pm On Sep 28, 2023
Wujio:
They sold this to you at 500 Naira and you believed. And you can eat this. I no say you beling somewhere but no go chop withcraft o undecided Remember awoof dey run belle undecided

Scarcity and suffering has rewired your psyche. Pele
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Omorefe1975(m): 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2023
You are lucky.Here in SA we buy 3 pieces for N 2,850 equivalent.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by adecz: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2023
Maybe he is stealing them from
somewhere... 😐😐😐

When police come catch you for receiving
stolen property, don't come to NL to
ask for advice... 😎😎😎
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by elvhinzey(m): 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
benuejosh:
I ate so much plantain and Banana while i was in Ekiti State. This was because i bought them very cheap. I bought a bunch of Banana for N250.00 and it was so big. God bless Mummy Nifesimi. The woman just the give me bananas so much.

Hope say she no bin dey see you as monkey?
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by benuejosh: 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2023
elvhinzey:

Hope say she no bin dey see you as monkey?
nooo. Na only when i wan buy she the give me. I been the patronise very well.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by elvhinzey(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
benuejosh:
nooo. Na only when i wan buy she the give me. I been the patronise very well.

Na to just dey make smoothie. You go fresh con strong join. Banana na bastard.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Swiftgrp: 9:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
ahnie:
Saw this huge man with a tray of plantain this morning hawking,called him to patronize him told him the amount I wanted and surprising he sold 11 pieces for #500.

He said he buys from yoruba land the reason why it's cheap

As an avid patronizer of cheapie,I told him to bring more tomorrow.
I intend cooking plantain veggie with it
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Tetraozonaitera: 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
benuejosh:
I ate so much plantain and Banana while i was in Ekiti State. This was because i bought them very cheap. I bought a bunch of Banana for N250.00 and it was so big. God bless Mummy Nifesimi. The woman just the give me bananas so much.

Tribalism apart. Yorubas are loving naturally. grin
God bless her.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Swiftgrp: 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
You're lucky...That's ₦1k in Benin City,...Oregbeni Market to be precise
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by benuejosh: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

Tribalism apart. Yorubas are loving naturally. grin
God bless her.
But they're also quick to insulting you especially when you don't understand the language.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Swiftgrp: 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2023
benuejosh:
What year was this?

It seems plantains and bananas are cheap in the Yoruba-speaking areas of Kogi, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun and Oyo States.

IITA in Ibadan also specializes in improved varieties of plantains.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by benuejosh: 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
Swiftgrp:

What year was this?

It seems plantains and bananas are cheap in the Yoruba-speaking areas of Kogi, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun and Oyo States.

IITA in Ibadan also specializes in improved varieties of plantains.

2017. I was surprised. The same size of banana i bought for N250 was sold for about N1500 or N2000 in Benue. I also boughy 5 pieces of avocado for N100 whereas in Benue 1 or 2 piece was sold for N100. Ekiti is cheap to live in aside the capital.

1 Like

Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Melagros(m): 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nackzy:
Stolen plantain
Exactly my thought

1 Like

Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Melagros(m): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
cenaman:
Daylight robbery
Exactly
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Swiftgrp: 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
benuejosh:
2017. I was surprised. The same size of banana i bought for N250 was sold for about N1500 or N2000 in Benue. I also boughy 5 pieces of avocado for N100 whereas in Benue 1 or 2 piece was sold for N100. Ekiti is cheap to live in aside the capital.
Awesome! 6 years ago.
It seems you are a Tiv, Igede, or
Idoma.

I'm stunned that food items are expensive in Benue State, the nationally acclaimed food basket of Nigeria than even Ekiti. I know that banditry by the Fulahs could have contributed to the high cost of production and artificial inflation caused by the greed of middle men in major cities and capitals of
Nigeria have worsened things for folks.

In any event Benue and indeed other states with fertile lands and plenty natural water supplies have to key into dry season irrigation, improved varieties of seedlings from research institutions, and focus on value addition for export.
Benue was even exporting yams to the Nigerian Diaspora in the UK through licenced exporters.

Even small urban farming in pots and spaces in residential gardens can save on food cost for people. That's been the current trend globally.

All the best.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by benuejosh: 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Awesome! 6 years ago.
It seems you are a Tiv, Igede, or
Idoma.

I'm stunned that food items are expensive in Benue State, the nationally acclaimed food basket of Nigeria than even Ekiti. I know that banditry by the Fulahs could have contributed to the high cost of production and artificial inflation caused by the greed of middle men in major cities and capitals of
Nigeria have worsened things for folks.

In any event Benue and indeed other states with fertile lands and plenty natural water supplies have to key into dry season irrigation, improved varieties of seedlings from research institutions, and focus on value addition for export.
Benue was even exporting yams to the Nigerian Diaspora in the UK through licenced exporters.

Even small urban farming in pots and spaces in residential gardens can save on food cost for people. That's been the current trend globally.

All the best.
We don't have plantain and Bananas and also the likes of Avocado and cocoa.

Benue has rice, maize, yams, cassava, sesame seed, mellon, pepper, palm oil, ginger and a host of others. This ones are very cheap.

Certian farm produce do well in other parts of Nigeria than others due to certain factors like weather, availability of improved seedlings, and methods of farming.

Benue produce cassava in large quantity but improved variety got to the state just like 3 years back whereas places like Ibadan and Ekiti have had this varieties as far back as 2015 or before then. So the thing for Benue it is a thing of access to improved seedlings.

I am a Tiv man.

2 Likes

Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Olat4421: 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2023
11 pieces of plantain for 500 naira wow u hold gun when u but am
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Swiftgrp: 11:34pm On Sep 28, 2023
benuejosh:
We don't have plantain and Bananas and also the likes of Avocado and cocoa.

Benue has rice, maize, yams, cassava, sesame seed, mellon, pepper, palm oil, ginger and a host of others. This ones are very cheap.

Certian farm produce do well in other parts of Nigeria than others due to certain factors like weather, availability of improved seedlings, and methods of farming.

Benue produce cassava in large quantity but improved variety got to the state just like 3 years back whereas places like Ibadan and Ekiti have had this varieties as far back as 2015 or before then. So the thing for Benue it is a thing of access to improved seedlings.

I am a Tiv man.
Awesome feedback @Benuejosh.

Oh wow! So, plantains don't grow well in Benue? Benue is close to
Cameroon and I could have sworn that plantains grow well in Benue too just like in Cameroon. I've learned a lot of deep insights from my convo with you.

IITA is the plug-in for improved cassava and this is why a female investor established the biggest cassava syrup processing plant in
Oyo State where she gets cassava directly from farmers.

Thanks again for the feedback and I'll keep in touch.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Maliqcious: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
You're lucky...That's ₦1k in Benin City,...Oregbeni Market to be precise
place where be number 1 for plantain production
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by orohbirodeysmel: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2023
Maliqcious:
place where be number 1 for plantain production

Yesterday na even Oregbeni Market, it's the price here
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by Negroid001(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
Edoziesmart:

The lady base in Warri, Delta state. But I doubt if it is not a stolen plantain because it is too cheap to get it at such price even if the man harvest it from his farm.
She's not telling us the truth sir.
Re: The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 by EleweNjewe: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
shocked

Hope say you no later give her big cassava in return [color=#006600][/color]

grin

benuejosh:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. / Lady Shocked After Discovering "Puff-Puff' Inside An Egg Roll In Lagos / What Is Your Favourite Fruit? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.